Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Even if Jill is depressed, I doubt that that would preclude posing for a picture or two with the baby until now.  Not sure what anyone thinks depressed people look like, but it's not the sort of thing that would prevent her from holding the baby or getting a picture taken.  She looks a little tired in the photo, but that's to be expected.  They probably waited until Sammy was off the monitors and out of NICU before doing photos for the public.

Depression affects everyone differently... I have zero photos of myself with my son

• Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

I think he looks like Derick - and he's cuter at this age than Henry was.  He looks a little jaundice, but that happens.  Jill looks good, but whipped.

I agree. I know everyone gushes over Henry, but I don't find him to be a particularly cute baby. I think Sammy is adorable, at this stage I see more of Derick in him than Jill. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

I'm glad Jill and her son seem fine or at the least are on their way to being perfectly fine. I had a csection too and I also don't have too many pictures of our first two days together. I think the baby and I both slept for about 36 of the first 48 hours. I feel bad for Jill actually. A csection is major abdominal surgery and the recovery is slow and fairly painful. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Glad to see some pictures. Jill looks ok to me and Sam isn't a looker but is otherwise better. I'm more shocked over the lack of significant mention in People. No cove us a signicant loss in income, just when bills are piling up. I wonder if there's been testing by their publicity people that says there not as popular as they once were.

Well, let's see the last time a Duggar was in People was what less than two months ago when Joy got married. She didn't get the cover or the sidebar. Before that it was her engagement.  Before that Jessa had a baby.  I think that something always going on in this family makes it seem less exciting, like a Soap Opera.  A wedding would still get better press, but yet another baby in family with some many of them (and there will be many more Duggar grandkids). Eventually by the time there are 10 or 11 kids married, there will be at least one Duggar born every three months.  It adds up to a lot of coverage to what is really seen by the many people as one group or family. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Glad to see some pictures. Jill looks ok to me and Sam isn't a looker but is otherwise better. I'm more shocked over the lack of significant mention in People. No cover is a significant loss in income, just when bills are piling up. I wonder if there's been testing by their publicity people that says there not as popular as they once were.

I'm also glad to see mom and baby looking okay in the photos. 

1 hour ago, Beaner said:

I'm kind of overjoyed that People has snubbed them.

I'm also pleased, and surprised.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Well, let's see the last time a Duggar was in People was what less than two months ago when Joy got married. She didn't get the cover or the sidebar. Before that it was her engagement.  Before that Jessa had a baby.  I think that something always going on in this family makes it seem less exciting, like a Soap Opera.  A wedding would still get better press, but yet another baby in family with some many of them (and there will be many more Duggar grandkids). Eventually by the time there are 10 or 11 kids married, there will be at least one Duggar born every three months.  It adds up to a lot of coverage to what is really seen by the many people as one group or family. 

I don't know how these exclusive magazine deals work, but People obviously didn't pay for the rights to the first story and images of this baby. I wonder if the Duggars/Dillards were holding off on issuing photos for a few days, while JB was peddling the story around (and getting no takers). And they finally realized that they'd better get some photos out there, to quell the Internet rumble of rumors and speculation about the baby and Jill. So the Dillards posted a few photos, and TLC also shared them. 

Just a few months ago, People paid the Dillards for an exclusive story and photos about the gender reveal, but it hasn't rushed out an exclusive about the birth itself. As @Temperance said, the Duggars have been producing a fairly steady flow of courtings/engagements/weddings/babies lately. Maybe it's now reached a tipping point, where yet another Duggar daughter's baby - which is not even a first baby for the couple - is just another day at the office for People, and not worth the bother and cost of an exclusive.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Maybe it's now reached a tipping point, where yet another Duggar daughter's baby - which is not even a first baby for the couple - is just another day at the office for People, and not worth the bother and cost of an exclusive.

Plus second babies don't generate as much fanfare. The only reason I think Jessa got a cover with Henry is because she's photogenic and served as the family spokesman after Josh was dethroned. Now that the girls are breeding with regularity, the interest and coverage will dwindle. JoKen and J'Austin are so boring they'll be lucky to get a sidebar. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
(edited)

That was a long delay between the usual Duggar social media (for a second child - see Henry Seewald) vs. what happened with Samuel. Still think something went wrong, even if they've showed up with some photos almost 7 days after the birth. That is NOT the Duggar usual practice, period, with any and all life events. SOMETHING happened. Whether they will tell the public (in some obviously sanitized version or not) is the question. But they treated Samuel's birth VERY differently from Izzy's. Or the Seewald's two. Or any Josh child pre-scandal-1-or-2. That's just fact.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 13
(edited)

I wouldn't count out a cover just yet.  Both of Jessa's covers came about 3 weeks after her kids were born.  People paid for exclusive rights to Julianne Hough's wedding.  They were there filming and photographing the whole week of wedding festivities.  There was no birth that could bump Julianne except Beyoncé releasing twin pictures.

I bet Jill gets a cover in the first few weeks of August recounting the full birth story with all the NICU details.  Then People will put a blurb online after print so they don't ruin the exclusive scoop.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 8

It adds up to a lot of coverage to what is really seen by the many people as one group or family. 

"Duggar Hivemind Assimilates 50th Member...ho hum" would be a nice nonexistent headline to not read.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Is Jill in her nightgown?  Or is she wearing street clothes?  They do not keep the mother in the hospital unless it is medically necessary.  

She looks better without makeup.  Sam's cute.

Mom can stay for up to four days after a c-section.  Most moms don't want to leave their NICU babies until they absolutely have to.  It's hard to walk out without them. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Mom can stay for up to four days after a c-section.  Most moms don't want to leave their NICU babies until they absolutely have to.  It's hard to walk out without them. 

It's also possible they are in a room-in suite. We had to stay one night in the hospital before release to prove we could take care of the baby since we were leaving with daily medicine we had to administer and rented hospital equipment.  They likely would have had to do a night with the apnea monitor Samuel has.  Or the picture was taken a few days ago before Jill left the hospital.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, saylubee said:

It's also possible they are in a room-in suite. We had to stay one night in the hospital before release to prove we could take care of the baby since we were leaving with daily medicine we had to administer and rented hospital equipment.  They likely would have had to do a night with the apnea monitor Samuel has.  Or the picture was taken a few days ago before Jill left the hospital.

Yes!  I did the same thing with my twins before they went home, though it was optional.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, saylubee said:

Jill has her wristband on an no wedding rings. There's also a box on the wall with a lock behind them that wouldn't be in a regular bedroom. I think all of the pics were taken at the hospital. But when? Anyone's best guess. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill has her wristband on an no wedding rings. There's also a box on the wall with a lock behind them that wouldn't be in a regular bedroom. I think all of the pics were taken at the hospital. But when? Anyone's best guess. 

The room in suite is at the hospital.  At ours, it's a regular hospital room with a queen bed thrown in.  There's no other difference between that room and the room I was in after the c-section.  It's just inside the NICU so the nurses can respond if you need them.  We had to keep our hospital bands on even after I left the hospital because it had a code that the receptionist need to type in to open the NICU doors.  You were not getting in NICU without that band or a special visitors pass that could only be issued with that band.  They would not accept knowing the code by memory or having a picture of it.  Security was tip top.

I also can't remember if rings were banned or if they were strongly discouraged since you had to scrub your hands for 3 minutes before entering.  I remember getting into a very angry argument with a family member because they refused to take off their wedding ring and I wanted them to before holding my child.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The box on the wall is a sharps container for disposing of needles, etc., so the photos were definitely taken in the hospital. The photos where Samuel is lying down in a  baby bed have at least one shot where you can see the slot for an oxygen hose, so it is probably the NICU since that's not seen on regular hospital infant cribs. Based on the amount of upholstered furniture, they are probably in a transitional room for babies almost ready for release.

I also agree that there may well be a People cover in the future.  There hasn't been enough time since the delivery to get a story together in time for the publication deadline.

• Love 10

Maybe it's now reached a tipping point, where yet another Duggar daughter's baby - which is not even a first baby for the couple - is just another day at the office for People, and not worth the bother and cost of an exclusive.

Agree. Unless it's a Jana engagement/wedding, I just don't see anyone giving a crap. I'm bored senseless of all these engagements/weddings/babies but when it's Jana's, hell, I'll buy ten issues of People and a gift off her freaking registry (perhaps a $20 Cracker Barrel gift card? Oh so classy.). I'd be so damn excited for her to escape these psychos. FREE JANA.

• Love 16
On 7/8/2017 at 3:48 PM, Temperance said:

I agree the landing the cover would be quite a prize. I'm hoping Beyonce decides to share pictures of the twins and they do a big feature on Bey and Jay-Z etc.

Bey released a 1-month picture of the twins! A little extra, but I saw it and laughed. Poor Jilly.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Somebody help me here, please. How fast does post Partum depression typically come on? There have been speculations that she has some breakdown the second Samuel was delivered. I for some reason was thinking it took a few days for hormones to get all wonky and severe PPD to happen. Can anyone tell me the typica clinician timeframe for this? @doodlebug

It can show immediately but won't be diagnosed immediately. In Jill's case, I think she's been a candidate for depression/anxiety for a while and this experience likely won't help either. I wouldn't wish PPD on anyone. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 11

Jill looks like she's been through hell and back (understandably), but she looks really naturalNo smile that doesn't reach her eyes, no adoring gaze at her husband or her father...just a woman who is relieved to hold her baby.  I think this is the first time she's looked her age.  

I'm relieved to see the pictures of Sam.  I've largely stayed out of this post because the speculation was a little too much for me but I'll continue to pray for and wish them well, as he still looks like he's not out of the woods completely. 

• Love 23

I have to wonder about infant sleep apnea. If he has that monitor on what causes it. My limited knowledge on this subject tells me that he may have had to be resuscitated at birth. Again, we will never know.

6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I also agree that there may well be a People cover in the future.  There hasn't been enough time since the delivery to get a story together in time for the publication deadline.

"get a story together", as in the Duggars need to scrub their story.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I think Sam looks like Henry.

I think Sam looks strikingly like The Spurge when he was a baby.

To me, Jill looked much older than her years in that photo with Sam, but that could just be the angle.  If Sam is in the NICU, I assume that preclude Iz from visiting?  I hope Derrick is staying with his mom and Iz, and Iz hasn't just been dropped off at Cathy's until everyone is healthy enough to come home.

10 hours ago, Beaner said:

I'm kind of overjoyed that People has snubbed them.

At some point People isn't going to be able to keep up with all the Duggar babies, especially when Joy and Kendra get going.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

To me, Jill looked much older than her years in that photo with Sam, but that could just be the angle.  If Sam is in the NICU, I assume that preclude Iz from visiting?  I hope Derrick is staying with his mom and Iz, and Iz hasn't just been dropped off at Cathy's until everyone is healthy enough to come home.

Our NICU's rule was no one under 12 was allowed in.  Maybe even no one under 18.  It was the height of cold and flu season, and kids are germy. 

12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

But a Jana wedding to just another JimBot is just another prison, but with two headships instead of one.

Now if Jana crowdfunds moving to Paris, getting her own apartment, and or going to college or hell, trade school...I'm in for $50 in a heartbeat. 

ETA: As long as I'm throwing fictional money around...$10 says the People story will be something along the lines of "Our Secret Fears For Our Baby" and how they didn't even share their Zika concerns with each other but just prayed and prayed for a healthy baby and tried to have faith that God would come through because He knew their work in DA was so important to His Mission...and it came true!!! Because God is all Team Duggar!!!

I just made myself throw up a little.

I agree...I would like to see Jana just leave the cult completely, get some kind of education, and a job.  I'm dreaming though, because she probably leaves control of any money she gets from TV to Boob.  Oh, and write a tell-all about her fucked-up family!

I can see your People story really happening, just like you wrote it.  I'll be watching for it to read standing in line at the grocery store.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can see your People story really happening, just like you wrote it.  I'll be watching for it to read standing in line at the grocery store.

I'll be waiting for my next doctor or dentist visit. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, zoomama said:

been there before. my daughter had apnea and then my grandson and the twins all needed monitors too. its scary stuff.

ETA: well that little monitor will keep them home from CA for a good while. no quick resuscitators there to give emergency treatment should samuel need it.

This was going to be my next question. Does anyone know if they are planning to go back to CA anytime soon. If Sam (who is a cutie btw) does indeed have health issues, I would hope that's enough to keep them home for a while. I kinda doubt though. Derrick strikes as one of the those types who probably doesn't like to stay in one place too long.

• Love 1

They went down the very first time when Izzy was 3 months old. Turned around and came back for Michael Bates' wedding when he was 4 months but did go right back with Carlin Bates in tow.

I guess we'll see how long Sammy is monitored. I hope it's not much longer. I may despise everything that his parents stand for, but I will never wish sickness on them. Hopefully, Jill had no complications with her surgery and she makes a full recovery. Hopefully, she's also done with babies. How many more Giant White Babies can her poor body take?

• Love 11
On 7/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, doodlebug said:

NICU isn't only for preemies but Medicaid coverage for NICU stays only kick in if the child has a potentially disabling condition.  Presuming Samuel was placed there simply due being depressed at delivery and doesn't have a birth defect, hasn't had a complication like a seizure; he isn't going to qualify for Medicaid.

He should be depressed, being born to those two idiots.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:14 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Most women would be ok (though a bit wistful)with being told to shut down the baby factory, but for Jilly, I could see this being very devastating to her. She's been taught that breeding is the be all end all of her existence and all that brainwashing won't go away overnight, and she's more of a Koolaid drinker than most. In Fundyland, this is the kiss of death, and she won't be allowed to properly deal with her grief. This event in her life is the last straw for her.

If Jill were told she couldn't have any more, I could see her secretly being relieved and then feeling guilty about that.

• Love 8

I was glad to see the pictures as well.   Hopefully the Dullards won't be returning to DA any time soon.

Someone commented about Derick's arm in the one picture.  My sister has a similar arm/elbow.  We used to say she was double jointed but think it's just she has extra cartilage so she is able to bend it in all kind of directions normal elbows don't.  She loved to show off in school. 

After reading the c-section posts, I definitely am in the minority how well I recovered after mine.  I don't remember it being extremely painful & was able to do most things (under Drs orders) when I got home.  The most painful thing was taking care of my milk filled boobs. They felt like bricks.  I didn't breast feed because I needed to restart my meds.  I have rheumatoid arthritis, even tho at that time it wasn't bad but still a concern throughout my easy  pregnancy. This was almost 28 years ago & moms were still given the med that stopped the milk from coming in. There was a mix up in my Drs orders for the med & I didn't get it right away. I remember having ice packs on my boobs in the middle of the night & begging &crying to the nurse to do something for the pain. 

My son's birth was a scary one to say the least.  I had an emergency c-section for fetal distress (his rapidly decreasing heart rate not caused by the cord) after about 5 hours of back labor.  The epidural didn't work - the only thing it numbed was the top of one of my thighs so I ended up with general anesthesia.  I didn't care at that point, I just wanted them to deliver my baby as quick as they could. Instead of the usual incisions - horizontal on the outside & vertical inside, I was cut open vertically for both, I guess to save time. (I'm sure Doodlebug could probably explain why I was cut this way & how the incisions are done.)  Luckily my son was born healthy with 8/9 Apgars & didn't have to stay in the NICU.  He was small, just 6 pounds for a full term baby, but caught up quickly.  

I was told because of the way my incisions were done, I would always need a C-section.  It didn't really matter anyway because of my RA, we decided my son would be an only child.  I could definitely see this upsetting Jill if she was told she could only have future C-sections & not many at that. 

Some people have commented that why didn't Cathy, the older Seewalds & even JB & M intervene & try to talk some sense in the couples wanting to have home births the second time around or presumably not having  prenatal care.  Who knows they didn't?  I'm sure Cathy, Dan & Deena or the elder Seewalds could have talked & talked til they were blue in the face but because Jilly is the pregnancy expert for all family members, the Dullards & Seewalds know it all & wouldn't listen. 

• Love 9
(edited)

The apnea monitor would be rented from a medical supply company.  I don't remember anything in our contracts that explicitly said you couldn't take it out of the country, but that's probably not a scenario the company faces every day.  It does have a small battery so you can go to a park or restaurant without it being plugged in, but generally it needs to be hooked up to electricity the rest of the time.  IIRC Jill complained electricity wasn't always a guarantee in DA.

Then there's whatever caused the apneaic events.  If it's caused by some infection, Samuel will need to be fully treated before he leaves the states.  If it's caused by some kind of congenital defect, he will have to have that managed.  Apnea is common in newborns, but generally it doesn't get to the point of home monitoring unless the events just don't stop in the NICU and his vitals are fine otherwise.  Even if it is Dr. Fedosky, Samuel will have to be under the supervision of a licensed doctor.  Which is more then we can assume for the rest of the grandkids.

I think we'll find out here if Derick is really employed by SOS if he goes back to DA without the family.  Otherwise I expect them to grift around the States for a year or two until they get cleared to leave.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Someone commented about Derick's arm in the one picture.  My sister has a similar arm/elbow.  We used to say she was double jointed but think it's just she has extra cartilage so she is able to bend it in all kind of directions normal elbows don't.  She loved to show off in school. 

I have similar arms/elbows to Derick (and your sister!), and I also used to say that I had double-jointed elbows.  It can be fun to freak people out with them!

On-topic, I think the baby is adorable, and hopefully everyone is on the mend.  It will be interesting to see Izzy's reaction when they bring the baby home.

• Love 1

Picked here for this picture, cousins

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/1082657035201278/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

I wonder when the picture was taken, they are cuties.

Cathy's tweet on having Israel

Cathy@cldilla

Hi-protein nutritional drink-✔️ DustBuster-✔️ = Ready for another day in the life of a 2 yr old! #mimaistheboss #lovingit

7:46 PM - 12 Jul 2017

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

He should be depressed, being born to those two idiots.

If Jill were told she couldn't have any more, I could see her secretly being relieved and then feeling guilty about that.

With any luck the relief will win out if this turns out to be accurate. I'll admit that while I wouldn't wish anything like death or deformity on them, I'd not be altogether upset if it turned out that she - and probably a few more Duggars - found that they were not exactly built for having entire litters of offspring. They can learn to be thankful for two or three. 

• Love 5

As to the apnea, my sister's first born had apnea at birth and was in the NICU on a monitor.  Turned out the baby had a small blood clot at the base of her skull.  They kept her in NICU for about 5 days as the clot dissolved by itself and baby and mom went home with no further need to monitor.  My sister was able to stay in the hospital for the entire time, even though she did not have a CS, due to the nice doctor putting the coding in her reports that would allow that, despite the insurance.  Baby is now almost ready to graduate college and has no problems.  Mom is doing fine as well.  LOL

• Love 7
15 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Bey released a 1-month picture of the twins! A little extra, but I saw it and laughed. Poor Jilly.

You know Beyonce will get the cover next week with "exclusive" pictures and the whole shebang.

I'm guessing some publicist  writer is creating a work of fiction about Jilly Muffin's Baby Joy as we speak...

• Love 4

I still think that Samuel was in the NICU and not able to have a nice picture taken.  The Duggs were too silent and are still rather quiet on Samuel's birth. 

I think Jill looks great in that picture. Tired but great. No sharpie marker eye liner, no stupid curls, no smiley selfie face...just Jill looking like a mother holding her child. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Picked here for this picture, cousins

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/1082657035201278/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

I wonder when the picture was taken, they are cuties.

Cathy's tweet on having Israel

Cathy@cldilla

Hi-protein nutritional drink-✔️ DustBuster-✔️ = Ready for another day in the life of a 2 yr old! #mimaistheboss #lovingit

7:46 PM - 12 Jul 2017

Too bad this little trio will be broken up at some point because Merediith is a girl. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Too bad this little trio will be broken up at some point because Merediith is a girl. 

Well Israel is a manipulative potential rapist and you don't want him lured by the temptress Meredith. I think they have a few years left, Jackson is still in the playpen with Josie. 

• Love 17