Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think a lot of these points are corroborated by other evidence and footage from the show. What's sad us that they STILL don't speak Spanish well, in spite of direct immersion and study. For Jill to still be depressed and terrified after living in an armed compound really says something.

I like totally believe the everything is disposable part, and the enslaving if locals to do chores. It's how Jill was raised.

Yeah, that whole list seems very Duggar-standard, to me. And Duggar-TeeVee-Show standard as well. They're all beggars and always have been, including a lot of begging from people who have less than they do. And how many things have either the family or the show proclaimed them to be doing that it later became clear they a) never did or b) only did as temporary pretenders in some setup that TLC and other people completely engineered. Lazy Meeechelle and Greedy Jizm Bob's kids have all fallen quite near the tree. And that tree looks a lot like this list.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, saylubee said:

I believe the cooking, cleaning, babysitter and restaurant parts.  We knew about the compound and Walmart.

But if they were literally doing nothing, wouldn't SOS have kicked them to the curb by now?  At least Derick has got to bring some value to the program and the blogs the Dillard's write tend to allude to Derick running around DA without Jill trying to convert various heathens.  I could possibly see Jill turning down the community closet if approached by someone who wasn't affiliated with SOS but worked closely with them on a day to day basis.  Otherwise why is SOS still signing the paychecks/providing the compound?

Well, considering that SOS is mainly just a fantasy vacation organization, I expect that they don't want much more from the Dullards than having them be visible to the visitors -- who are all U.S. fundies, so they'll get a celebrity thrill from seeing real live Duggars and Duggar adjacents (heck, even some locals may get some thrill from that) -- and having Derick hang out with the missioncationers and provide the missioncation groups with just a little bit of experience and familiarity with the place and the people, as a sort of in-country casual tour helper.

It wouldn't be surprising for the Dullards to be rewarded for their minor celebrity, seems to me. That's another thing the whole family trades on and depends on, in various ways.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I have nothing to gain by making up stories and sharing them here or anywhere else on the internet. What would I gain? What would be the point?

I'm not doubting you, I'm doubting her.

It doesn't matter if you introduced the subject of the Duggs or if she did, the talk is still gossip. What is her motivation to speak so deeply to a stranger about people she has met while on her mission? 

it just seems strange to me 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

15)  Derek does not write sermons, he reads the sermons the pastor writes and checks them for accuracy. 

#15 does make sense if you expand how Derick is "correcting" a sermon. 

They have said that they are trying to support/establish little new churches.  Could be a local "newly saved" man who is leading a small group of new believers, sort of "training" to be a "minister"  so when SOS leaves, they have a self sustaining minister who can keep the tiny church going. 

Mr. newly Saved Leader  writes up a sermon or teaching lesson.  He hands it to Derick and Derick helps him clean it up or  adds some Bible verses etc.  Derick's Spanish is very poor but he does know the Bible reasonably well.  He probably guides the sermon, if you know what I mean. 

This is common when starting these teeny tiny churches.  Derick is almost like a church planter (which we discussed with Jeremy) and is helping Mr. Newly Saved Leader develop his sermon writing skills  and give this tiny church some support etc. 

We have wondered WTF Derick is actually doing down there and this makes some sense. Bizarre but it makes sense.  It fits with SOS and planting churches etc. 

• Love 8

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still a little suspicious/worried/curious that there still has been radio silence from the camp. Yeah, we saw that cluster of pictures about a week ago, but they just threw us a bone. Not a peep since.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still a little suspicious/worried/curious that there still has been radio silence from the camp. Yeah, we saw that cluster of pictures about a week ago, but they just threw us a bone. Not a peep since.

this, exactly. something is up. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

#15 does make sense if you expand how Derick is "correcting" a sermon. 

They have said that they are trying to support/establish little new churches.  Could be a local "newly saved" man who is leading a small group of new believers, sort of "training" to be a "minister"  so when SOS leaves, they have a self sustaining minister who can keep the tiny church going. 

Mr. newly Saved Leader  writes up a sermon or teaching lesson.  He hands it to Derick and Derick helps him clean it up or  adds some Bible verses etc.  Derick's Spanish is very poor but he does know the Bible reasonably well.  He probably guides the sermon, if you know what I mean. 

This is common when starting these teeny tiny churches.  Derick is almost like a church planter (which we discussed with Jeremy) and is helping Mr. Newly Saved Leader develop his sermon writing skills  and give this tiny church some support etc. 

We have wondered WTF Derick is actually doing down there and this makes some sense. Bizarre but it makes sense.  It fits with SOS and planting churches etc. 

Maybe Derrick uses Google Translate and goes paragraph by paragraph.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Totally said:

While I would love this to be true, because it gives so much to snark on 

It just doesn't feel legitimate 

I believe it but it always is good to be skeptical of anything posted online.  That said if *I* came here with awesome scoop I would be hesitant to post anymore if it were thought of as illegitimate.  Now if the report said Jill works the pole for more donations and to learn Spanish it would seem a tad bit crazy.  Everyone thought Alice was lying but here we are and her claims are being talked about in court soon.  I am inclined to think its true.

• Love 14

That weird out of context quote is her talking about being in the "dangerous" mission field. I suspect they are keeping Jilly in hiding to get more viewers for the birth special. 

• Love 1

This seems to be just confirmation of things people had suspected anyway, any kind of drama for the show.  I forget if TLC is paying their way down there or if the D's are actually using the gravy that the DONATE ladel is dishing out, but at some point when this show is done done done Mr D is going to have to get a regular paying job again.  This mission stuff isn't a true calling for him, it's a way to escape having real responsibilities.  

This kind of mission work, which is fantasy mission work, just drives me nutty.  Real missionary work is measured in work and sweat, not baking banana squares and playing proofreader.  

• Love 10

My husband has been in the ministry for 30 years, serving at three different churches, and there's always been at least one person on the ministerial staff who couldn't be trusted to keep a secret.  Until recently, that list included our very experienced senior pastor. (Thankfully, he's moved on and is no longer our problem.)

• Love 5

I believe it and here's why. My brother, about 10 years ago my brother went to Africa to help out with some church missionaries. Let's just say what we heard about the "sacrifices" they made were nothing but crap. Gated community, clean, restaurants,etc. When I saw pictures of what these missionaries lived in I was, needless to say, shocked.

• Love 11

All too often in my life, I've heard do not gossip when really it was something that definitely needed to be brought to light.  If the public or the ministry followers are being lied to either deliberately or through omission, then there is no reason not for that to be made known. 

• Love 22
59 minutes ago, Absolom said:

All too often in my life, I've heard do not gossip when really it was something that definitely needed to be brought to light.  If the public or the ministry followers are being lied to either deliberately or through omission, then there is no reason not for that to be made known. 

True, but one should tell it to those that can do something about it. My Momma always said, "Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution."

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Maybe I am more gossipy than some people, but I would not hesitate to tell others a story like that! When Kellie Pickler burst on the scene of American Idol, proclaiming she had never sung in public, I told everyone I knew that she'd competed in Miss North Carolina just the year before!!! Her county and my county were sister pageants, and my cousin was the queen of our county. She and Kellie traveled around together for tons of appearances, and I even have a VHS tape of Kellie singing in a pageant I did. She also was poised and put together in pageants, and had this hick country accent on AI. She even saw my aunt the day she auditioned, and spoke in her normal voice. Her pageant executive director also appeared on the show as her "best friend." I just hate when "celebrities" lie and pretend they're something they're not, just for adoration and financial gain. When Kellie cooed that she'd never heard of salmon because they didn't have it here, I told everyone I knew that I'd been to a nice restaurant in her town that included salmon! She only got to where she is today by lying, and if YouTube hadn't been in its infancy then, she would have been discovered much quicker.

so maybe I'm weird, but if I worked for SOS and someone asked me about Jill and Derick, you'd better believe I would tell them! I would be too mad to hold it in. 

Right??!!!  I would be right there with you.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

True, but one should tell it to those that can do something about it. My Momma always said, "Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution."

I am looking at that anon poster a as part of the solution!    If anyone believed the crippling fear stories and donated for that reason only this will disabuse them of the notion that it is that scary.  I should have been a politician.  I can justify all kinds of shit!  

I found it interesting but not all that surprising.  The snark in me wishes it was more gossip-like.  I will head to the prayer closet with Bin's weed.

• Love 7
(edited)

Not to be a jerk, but if it's not dangerous, why would there be gates and an armed guard 24/7?  I think it is dangerous in CA, I mean, isn't kidnapping a real problem there?

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Not to be a jerk, but if it's not dangerous, why would there be gates and an armed guard 24/7?  I think it is dangerous in CA, I mean, isn't kidnapping a real problem there?

Good question. But there's perceived danger and real danger. I work in the city, parts of which are a little shady, mostly to do with drugs and small time gangs. Most of the city is quite safe and even more so if you not into drugs and gangs. Some folks from neighboring suburbs that share a town line are literally afraid to come into the city. Like get their windows up and lock their car doors as they drive across the town line. Do they really think that a crime ridden city would have criminals that stop at neighboring town lines and turn back to commit a crime?

I'm thinking Danger America might be a mix of some crime and SOS trying to make the missioncationers feel safe and as if they are really out there helping in an area that needs them.

• Love 7
On 7/18/2017 at 6:36 PM, BitterApple said:

The Tweet from the woman was rude. Two kids with a two year gap in between is very much average. 

I have a feeling she meant that there are too many Duggars , in general. Not specifically the Dillards. Just the collective lump of Duggs. She should direct it toward Joshley and BabyFeverAnna, where it belongs.

• Love 6

SOS is keeping Jilly Muffin and Triple D around for the "star factor". Others will actually sign up for the missioncations because they want to brag to their friends that they were in "ministry" with the Duggars.

I was always amazed at seeing people from our church go nuts over the latest Christian "celebrities". If you don't think there are name dropping and ass kissing in the fundie world, you might want to think again.

• Love 19
(edited)

SOS may be paying the Dillards or  providing the house. If so, they either feel they are getting their money's worth, or they'd say bye-bye. 

Option 2- the Dillards are down there on their 'donate now'  money and paying rent on the house. In that case, SOS is either happy with them in the compound or could again say bye-bye.

just as in the parable of the workers in the vineyard-the boss gets to decide who is doing  a good job and how they are compensated. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

Okay, so what do we think is going on with Jill/Sam? Very weird that it has been so quiet--have there been any congrats videos? Could it be that they are waiting for the People exclusive and have a contract stating they need to be quiet with any info in order to receive the check? 

• Love 3

I'm still very skeptical about why they're staying quiet. Waiting for people to not have something more pressing for their cover?

I understand that most women after giving birth AND a C-section no less, could use some help around the house when they are discharged from the hospital.....BUT, Derick DOESN'T WORK...he's home for Jill and should be able to cook/clean/take care of Izzy, etc. for a few weeks. No need to have shipped Izzy off to his grandma's. I hope he didn't feel put out with the NEW baby coming home and all...HE should have been there too, as he's a full family member of the Dullard household, isn't he? ....Unless something else, medically was going on with Jill and/or Samuel. Hope they come forward and set the record straight...and NOT for a paycheck, but for their adoring fans and for us, on this board, who may not agree with their ways but are real people just the same and wish nothing but good things for Jill and Samuel.

• Love 10
(edited)

Doesn't derrick just love to have it both ways? We are seeing this more and more with fundie types, where the man expects to be head of household, with all the privileges that entails, but the wife can bend rules sometimes, like being allowed to work to support his lazy butt. 

Jill clearly wants to be a SAHM, yet she is dragged off to danger America, and while I don't believe either of them is doing much work, she has to pretend to do her duties there. I'm sure she would much rather just focus on her kids in a comfortable Arkansas house! Derrick, on the other hand...well, we've seen that Jill fixes him dinner even when she's not around. I'm sure that he doesn't help out around the house because he is the "man," but if Jill wanted to get a real job, he would probably be all for it!

i had a friend in college who was like the duggars. She even planned on saving her first kiss for marriage, and cried for like a week when she kissed a guy and it didn't work out. When she got married, it was to the laziest bum ever, who thinks he has a "get out of jail free card" for the rest of his life because he played high school football, and therefore should be revered without doing any work. She has a master's degree and works full time, and he works part time at a minimum wage job. Yet, he will not watch the kids on his four hours off every day, and plays video games instead. He won't even consider cooking or cleaning, and won't let her go out with friends. Someone asked if she could give him a frozen pizza and let him cook it while she went out, and she answered, "he'd never even consider it!" She gets the kids ready, takes them to daycare, works all day, picks them up, makes dinner, and puts them to bed while he has friends over late. He will also demand a sandwich during all this frolicking. It would be way easier if she was a single parent! None of our friends hang out with her anymore because she can't have friends, but one really tried by going to her house, but couldn't stand to see her treated like that. I could sort of see derrick going down this path if Jill was down, but fortunately she is also too lazy!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

i had a friend in college who was like the duggars. She even planned on saving her first kiss for marriage, and cried for like a week when she kissed a guy and it didn't work out. When she got married, it was to the laziest bum ever, who thinks he has a "get out of jail free card" for the rest of his life because he played high school football, and therefore should be revered without doing any work. She has a master's degree and works full time, and he works part time at a minimum wage job. Yet, he will not watch the kids on his four hours off every day, and plays video games instead. He won't even consider cooking or cleaning, and won't let her go out with friends. Someone asked if she could give him a frozen pizza and let him cook it while she went out, and she answered, "he'd never even consider it!" She gets the kids ready, takes them to daycare, works all day, picks them up, makes dinner, and puts them to bed while he has friends over late. He will also demand a sandwich during all this frolicking. It would be way easier if she was a single parent! None of our friends hang out with her anymore because she can't have friends, but one really tried by going to her house, but couldn't stand to see her treated like that. I could sort of see derrick going down this path if Jill was down, but fortunately she is also too lazy!

That's quite a classic description of an abusive spouse. I feel sorry for your friend, and I hope you and her other friends will find it in yourselves to be there for her when this loser inevitably leaves her for his next victim. Or self-destructs. 

• Love 20
On 7/18/2017 at 7:30 PM, BitterApple said:

Okay, maybe this is crazy talk, but wouldn't managing the closet and interacting with the community improve Jill's Spanish and help her learn faster? 

Let's compare shall we?  Jill and Derrick, in a country where Spanish is the primary language - can't be bothered to interact with the locals who speak the language claiming their Spanish isn't good enough which at the same time removes the chance to improve by practice.  Jeremy and Jinger, live in a city where both English and Spanish is spoken - study Spanish at home and actively seek out places where it is spoken with the specific goal of practicing and improving.

It must drive Derrick, Ben, Jessa and Jill crazy that Jer and Jing are slowly but surely becoming fan favorites while one couple still lives in the old mold house they're outgrowing and the other has an education he doesn't use and drags his semi-stable wife to another country for months at a time. 

19 hours ago, Portia said:

My husband has been in the ministry for 30 years, serving at three different churches, and there's always been at least one person on the ministerial staff who couldn't be trusted to keep a secret.  Until recently, that list included our very experienced senior pastor. (Thankfully, he's moved on and is no longer our problem.)

There's good and bad but the bad can certainly and quickly turn people off.  I went to visit a friend in Texas and she took me to her church - after the service she introduced me and the pastor said "Oh, you're from JOISEY" (yes he said it like that accent and all), then proceeded to throw out a bunch of stereotypical Goodfellas/Sopranos type statements all with that same dumb accident.  He thought he was being funny or charming I guess.  I kept smiling at him while thinking we don't fucking talk like that in real life.  He managed to make a great negative impression on me in just 30 seconds and was clueless about it - if I was moving there I'd never have gone back to that church.

• Love 15
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

That's quite a classic description of an abusive spouse. I feel sorry for your friend, and I hope you and her other friends will find it in yourselves to be there for her when this loser inevitably leaves her for his next victim. Or self-destructs. 

Or she wakes up and wants to leave , then it could get ugly really fast. 

Edited by lianau
  • Love 8

The "get settled" comment comes off to me like Jill and Sam have been home for a while, but Izzy is just now being returned. If that's the case, then that's really poor on Jill and Derick's part. Derick is home all day and I'm sure Handmaiden Jana has been there to help. Unless Jill or Sam had major complications, I can't imagine pushing aside my other child like that. Hopefully I'm wrong and misinterpreted Cathy's words.

• Love 20

I don't mind it too much.  My older daughter was two and a half when her sister was born.  She wanted nothing to do with sitting around and watching her sister sleep.  She split her time between daycare and Grandma's for the first weeks and was just happy as a clam about it.

I would sideeye hard if Izzy hasn't met Samuel at all, but likely Miss Cathy brought him by during the day for visits, all hung out together, etc.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I really hope they do get divorced, which sounds really bad! What I fear is that they are both so serious about "til death do us part" that they will stay and be miserable, a la Anna. I honestly think she'd be better off  as a single mom with friends, and someday she will meet someone so much better!

• Love 1