Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

I can't totally fault Joy for rubbing her belly - every single woman friend I've known who was pregnant seemed to just instinctively do the same thing. I imagine if I had a little alien creature wiggling around in there, I might be similarly inclined.

Me too. I found it super natural to always have a hand on my belly when pregnant. I also remember feeling "lonely" after my little passengers came out, LOL.

IRT to Jeremy and BC: Does anyone know what protestant denomination Jer identifies as? And what their stance on BC is?  I know Jer is pretty anti-Catholic and one of the criticisms of us by some Protestants has been that we have tons of kids.  (See: Every Sperm is Sacred, lol)

I am like 99.999% sure that Jer is NOT down with the Quiverful thing, so he may really have no problem with BC, and I think Jinge is also inclined to not want eleventy kids. She hasn't been afraid to break away form her upbringing in other ways, so I doubt she cares what her folks think about this either. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Aren't the Vuolo siblings Jeremy, Valerie and Charlie?  If so I predict Jinger's baby will have a name ending with the "ie" sound.  

Oh please don't let them go with this theme.  I'm a Kelly, and the young 'uns think it's cute to spell it Kellie.

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

If what they showed in Counting On is anything to go by, Jinger sat around for a year in that little apartment watching Jeremy study and walking to the grocery store to buy 1 apple at a time. It was never clear if Jinger wanted something more from her life and Jeremy wouldn't allow it, or if this is just Jinger's personality based on how she was raised. It was really sad to watch either way. But I think the girls are happy with their lives, because their expectations are low as far as what they should want from a career or anything. The only Duggars who ever seemed genuinely miserable were Josh when Anna announced baby #4 was on the way, and Anna when she had to talk about Josh's affair on camera.

Was Jeremy a virgin when they got married? I thought I remembered that Jeremy was a born-again virgin. Maybe they could use natural birth control because Jeremy actually knew how to pull it out in time (not implying that that actually works, BTW).

It was also never clear if Jeremy wanted to limit Duggar family visits because he is trying to control Jinger, or if he just hates the Duggars.

I don't think it is much to go by. I think Jinger "behaves" for Counting On, because of her parents.  You will never see her in pants on TV. By she is up to all kinds of stuff in her Instagran. She is in pants all the time in those photos. Plus the photos of her at college. So at some point she was/is going to classes.  I would bet she has been up to way more than they would ever show on Counting On. Which is sad. I bet whatever she is doing is a lot more exciting to watch than Jessea making Joy clean her couch!

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

It was also never clear if Jeremy wanted to limit Duggar family visits because he is trying to control Jinger, or if he just hates the Duggars.

Based on the fact Jeremy and Jinger were newlyweds, perhaps they just wanted to spend time ALONE getting to know each other. 

• Love 9

The Counting On shows are "scripted reality". I don't think any of them spend regular days like what we see on the show. Maybe that is why they all look out of it. It is probably a wild noisy house. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

The Counting On shows are "scripted reality". I don't think any of them spend regular days like what we see on the show. Maybe that is why they all look out of it. It is probably a wild noisy house. 

This can't be said enough. We acknowledge that what "reality" tv shows isn't reality*, but at the same time we (general we) think that what reality tv portrays is reality.**

*Michelle as mother of the year, Jill as an actual midwife, for instance. 

**Jinger sitting around doing nothing for a year. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My dearly departed chinchilla was named Flip Wilson.  HUGE fan!  I am old too.

My dad loved watching Flip Wilson.  It was along the lines of Laugh-In, and he loved that too.  I too watched now and then.

Jin is the best-looking one in the bunch.  I really don't see the resemblance to Ma K though...a mini-me girl for Jin would be a very cute kid.  I just hope Jer exceeds my expectations, and dotes on the baby, and is an amazing dad.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can see Jeremy wanting a boy because a lot of former jocks want that mini-me who they can mold into a future pro athlete. He strikes me as that type.

I would actually be okay with this, because it would more than likely mean they would go to a real school!!!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I would actually be okay with this, because it would more than likely mean they would go to a real school!!!

I really kind of think Jeremy would send his kids to a real school.  He seems to value education and intellect.  He may not, and not as disrespect, think Jinger's qualified to teach the children.

• Love 12

I fully expect Jeremy to send his kids to school -- maybe Christian school -- but school nonetheless. And I feel like he'll mold the first child -- whether boy or girl -- into a jock; I don't mean that in a bad way, but I can see him enrolling a little girl in soccer at age 4 just like a little boy.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MamaMax said:

IRT to Jeremy and BC: Does anyone know what protestant denomination Jer identifies as? And what their stance on BC is?  I know Jer is pretty anti-Catholic and one of the criticisms of us by some Protestants has been that we have tons of kids.  (See: Every Sperm is Sacred, lol)

It's the liberal Protestants (the mainline, as they're sometimes called) who mainly criticize the Catholic birth control ideas, though.

All the Duggar adjacents are various flavors of very conservative Protestants who, at least in their public pronouncements are various degrees of birth-control-opposed or at least birth-control-skeptical  -- and most are particularly opposed to the pill, because they believe the idea that it actually causes abortion. However, like many Catholics, they don't necessarily eschew BC in real life, especially if it's not the pill.

Jeremy appears to be a Reformed (i.e., Calvinist) Baptist, like his father. They tend to speak against the pill, often strongly, but especially as you get to the less stringently conservative of them you tend to find people who are open to barrier methods. Because Protestants have essentially millions of churches, rather than a Church, their views can be and are all over the map about stuff like this. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jeremy was homeschooled, wasn't he?  Then went to public high school because he wanted to play soccer. 

He was, but his parents were well educated. Additionally, I think it is much easier to teach elementary school adequately than high school 

I highly doubt that he thinks that Jinger is qualified to homeschool past kindergarten. At least I hope he realizes that she isn't.

I don't mean this as a dig towards Jinger. I also feel I like would not be qualified to homeschool any kids and I have a bachelor's degree.  I am bad at math and don't care about grammar. 

My parents' neighbors also home schooled their kids until high school, for religious regions. The mom asked my mom about the high school ( that we all graduated from) and was concerned that the teachers curse at the kids. lol. Bless her heart . It was a public high school with aboout 4000 kids. A lot of cursing going on :-P

Edited by yogi2014L
so bad at grammar I don't even make sense!
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

He was, but his parents were well educated. Additionally, I think it is much easier to teach elementary school adequately than high school 

I highly doubt that he thinks that Jinger is qualified to homeschool past kindergarten. At least I hope he realizes that she isn't.

I don't mean this as a dig towards Jinger. I also feel I like would not be qualified to homeschool any kids and I have a bachelor's degree.  I am bad at math and don't care about grammar. 

My parents' neighbors also home schooled their kids until high school, for religious regions. The mom asked my mom about the high school ( that we all graduated from) and was concerned that the teachers curse at the kids. lol. Bless her heart . It was a public high school with aboout 4000 kids. A lot of cursing going on :-P

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that if you're going to homeschool everything K-12, you have to be both (a) well rounded, and (b) strict about not caving to your whiny kid who doesn't want to learn the stuff they're bad at.

• Love 9
On 1/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Boys as in multiple?  You think Jeremy is another George Foreman?  I can see it.

Jeremy Joseph Jr.

Jeremy Joseph III

Jeremy Joseph IV

Jeremy Joseph V

Jeremy Joseph VI

Well. No one would forget that there is a Jason. Just call out Jeremy and someone will respond.

I am irrationally sad over this too. I'm not going to hold out hope they're only going to be two and done or anything like that. Just watch and see, I guess.

• Love 6

I don’t think Jeremy would choose a Hispanic name for his kid, he and his family seem to have a slightly superior, better than you attitude about these sort of things. If it’s a boy it will either be an Anglo version of an existing family name, or it will be 90% chance of William, 10% chance of Liam. Girl will be Ella/Emma/Eva. 

• Love 2

If the speculation in the other threads turn out to be true that Jessa is pregnant too, that makes four Duggar grandbabies born at or around the same time frame - within the year, at least. Jinger is the only one not in Arkansas so hopefully she can escape most of the circus.

• Love 6

We don’t see much of the other grandparents on the show. I think it’s fair to assume that Jeremy’s family will be very involved in a grandchild’s life, though. And the involvement will be beyond photo ops, and dopey videos.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jeremy Joseph Jr.

Jeremy Joseph III

Jeremy Joseph IV

Jeremy Joseph V

Jeremy Joseph VI

Well. No one would forget that there is a Jason. Just call out Jeremy and someone will respond.

I am irrationally sad over this too. I'm not going to hold out hope they're only going to be two and done or anything like that. Just watch and see, I guess.

And Jeremee Josephine if there's a girl.  Jeremia Josephina if they're blessed with two.

• Love 2

My mother's cousin's name was Nicoletta and my grandmother's name was Giulia. (there is no 'J' in the Italian alphabet). Hey, how about Giulia Nicoletta Vuolo? Boob would LOVE THAT...no 'J's".

Where are Diana Vuolo's parents? Are they still with us and are/were they Italian at all? I don't think Jeremy is VERY Italian if he's only 1/4 Italian,...the mom is the influence in the kitchen...Grandma Vuolo was taught HER MOTHER IN LAW'S authentic recipes because back then, a new bride needed to cook to please her husband, who, BTW, IS all Italian.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

My mother's cousin's name was Nicoletta and my grandmother's name was Giulia. (there is no 'J' in the Italian alphabet). Hey, how about Giulia Nicoletta Vuolo? Boob would LOVE THAT...no 'J's".

Where are Diana Vuolo's parents? Are they still with us and are/were they Italian at all? I don't think Jeremy is VERY Italian if he's only 1/4 Italian,...the mom is the influence in the kitchen...Grandma Vuolo was taught HER MOTHER IN LAW'S authentic recipes because back then, a new bride needed to cook to please her husband, who, BTW, IS all Italian.

LOL, this reminds me of when my friend got married. She and her husband are both Latinos but from different cultures, and his mother got her a cook book from their culture, explaining that it had her son's favorite recipes in them. My friend immediately and enthusiastically responded with, "Oh, I can't wait for him to make me one of them!"

I think Jeremy is more likely to pick an Anglo or ambiguous name, maybe with a more traditional but not too ethnic sounding Italian middle name, because weren't they trying to push the "ethnic" angle while they were courting?

Maybe Angela for a girl.

• Love 12

People on my Facebook have been sharing a post about Chik-fil-a supposedly gives free meals to new mothers around their due date. A small platter, four large fries, a gallon of tea/lemonade, and cookies. Right up the Duggar's alley. Surely if this is true they would have posted about it before? I don't remember seeing anything. With so many blessings, I figure they would be all over that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Booey said:

People on my Facebook have been sharing a post about Chik-fil-a supposedly gives free meals to new mothers around their due date. A small platter, four large fries, a gallon of tea/lemonade, and cookies. Right up the Duggar's alley. Surely if this is true they would have posted about it before? I don't remember seeing anything. With so many blessings, I figure they would be all over that.

I saw a recipe for Chick-fil-a nuggets: Marinated in buttermilk and ... what for it ... dill pickle juice.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

That old Vuolo woman who gave Jinger the cooking lesson was not Italian (but her husband was). 

A funeral notice for Valerie’s stillborn twin sister Angela lists the grandparents as Anthony and Ann Vuolo of Midland Park, N.J. and Stanley and Mary Salamon of Wilmington, DE.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I like Jia...Jinger and Jia. It would be funny if they named her Jia, and Boob got his hopes up for a J-named family, only for their second child to have a different initial. 

The same thing only Jeremy Jr.

• Love 1

I don’t see them using an Italian name either.  While his last name is Italian, Jeremy and his siblings don’t even have Italian first names. I haven’t really seen any evidence of Jeremy embracing his Italian heritage aside from Jinger attempting to make some meatballs. 

I think they will go cutesy but traditional. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I don’t see them using an Italian name either.  While his last name is Italian, Jeremy and his siblings don’t even have Italian first names. I haven’t really seen any evidence of Jeremy embracing his Italian heritage aside from Jinger attempting to make some meatballs. 

I think they will go cutesy but traditional. 

Even their father doesn't have an Italian name. Unless there's something I'm missing about "Charles Henry" and "Chuck." 

• Love 5

Honestly, seeing Jingle and JereME with twins would be good for a laugh, in a nice way.  

In a snarky way?   jessa would be green with jealousy.  You just know Jessa desperately wants the attention twins will bring!  Jessa soaks up the attention her boys bring her and she is posting more and more of them because the attention just feels so goood.  Hmmm...who does that remind you of?  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Honestly, seeing Jingle and JereME with twins would be good for a laugh, in a nice way.  

In a snarky way?   jessa would be green with jealousy.  You just know Jessa desperately wants the attention twins will bring!  Jessa soaks up the attention her boys bring her and she is posting more and more of them because the attention just feels so goood.  Hmmm...who does that remind you of?  

Jessa IS her mother’s daughter after all. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 8
On 1/5/2018 at 2:48 AM, LexieLily said:

If the speculation in the other threads turn out to be true that Jessa is pregnant too, that makes four Duggar grandbabies born at or around the same time frame - within the year, at least. Jinger is the only one not in Arkansas so hopefully she can escape most of the circus.

that’s how things are going to be for years. With this many young adult and teen Duggars, there’s bound to be a few couples expecting yearly for 10-20 years. There will have to be name tags at every holiday. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

that’s how things are going to be for years. With this many young adult and teen Duggars, there’s bound to be a few couples expecting yearly for 10-20 years. There will have to be name tags at every holiday. 

Especially if there are two/three/four same gendered grand-Duggars that are in the same age-group or even the same exact age.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Twins on the father's side don't count.  There are obviously two kinds of twins, fraternal and identical.  Identical twins happen when a single egg splits after fertilization and it seems to be essentially a random occurrence, not genetic, so it doesn't run in families.  Identicals happen randomly about 1 in 300 pregnancies.

On the other hand, fraternal twins happen when a woman releases two eggs in the same cycle and both are fertilized.  These kinds of twins happen about 1 in 100 pregnancies presuming no fertility drugs. Since its an ovulation thing, it's got to be inherited from the mother.  There are some families in which fraternal twins do run.  They don't 'skip a generation', BTW, that is an old wives' tale with no scientific basis.  Anyway, Michelle had two sets of fraternal twins out of 19 (I think) total pregnancies, which is a lot more than the 1 in 100 overall risk, but could've happened randomly since there don't appear to be any other fraternal twins amongst the rest of the family.  Even if twins do run in a family, the risk is that of a multifactorial genetic trait which means that any given woman who carries the trait has about a 5% chance of twins with any given pregnancy rather than the 1% the rest of us have.  Michelle had roughly 1 in 5 pregnancies result in twins, so, if it is genetic on her side, she was right on average there.  Obviously, in this day and age where few women have as many as 5 pregnancies, it is quite possible for the risk of twins, even in those who inherited the tendency to not show up in every generation, hence, the skipping a generation rumor.

I've known a few women who were probably multiple ovulators.  One lady had a single baby one year, twins the next, and triplets the following year.  Then, she got her tubes tied.  I've had a patient who had fraternal twin girls her first pregnancy and, when they were only about a year old, had an ooops! which turned out to be fraternal boys.  Her husband cried during the ultrasound and they weren't tears of joy.  They adjusted and did ok in the end.

This is a fantastic post, thank you! Very informative!

Also, regarding your examples at the end...OMG!!! I would have been crying tears of non joy too in both those situations!!! 4 kids under 2...omg. 6 kids in three years!!! holy hell!!

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Totally agree. jessa is very starved for attention and making babies is all she can do at this point so she goes with it!  Twins would be a jackpot.

That’s what Jessa  is counting on.  Every freaking Duggar sister pregnancy has had speculation about how “it might be twins”.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but it’s so predictable how they keep this up.  

According to our fabulous @doodlebug, the math of random events might or might not happen for the Duggar sisters.  My maternal  great grandmother had 3 sets of twins. None of the women on that side of the family have had twins since then.  I must have been a multiple ovulator, since I always had pain when ovulating, often on both sides, but I never got pregnant. 

• Love 1

Seems that even without twins Ma and Pa Kettle will get their ridiculous goal of at least 100 grandchildren. Never mind how those children will be supported, educated, or given the proper attention. Who cares? Just pop them out, hand them to a ten year old (if the kid is that lucky) and move on to the next. For people who blather on about the value of a fetus, they sure don’t give a shit about the sanctity of life. Children deserve so much more than the 19 received. The grandchildren would get even less. 

• Love 20