Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180103-082139-719x892.thumb.jpg.cf6b8d41482ac27e62e0fade52d96fde.jpg

They look genuinely happy. I believe they made a choice to wait after a year of marriage to start trying. I think they announced it to the family on Thanksgiving.

Holy crap, Jinger looks exactly like Michelle in that picture! I'm happy for them and disappointed at the same time. I know a year into a marriage isn't an unusual time for many couples to start a family, but I was hoping they'd wait a little longer. Either way, I think they're much better prepared for a baby than the moronic foursome of JoKen and J'Austin.

• Love 14

Since I’m going to hell I’m going all in. I should not be disappointed because it’s their life, their choice. The pressure to pop a kid as soon as possible has always bothered me. Especially since these young ladies hardly know their grooms. But I take solace in imagining a very pissed Boob when he realizes he won’t be able to arrive minutes after birth, with his germ filled herd.

I have been very sick since Christmas, tried to DM @Rabittrom but she is not accepting messages. Could someone please fill me in on the mainstream thing JinJer are doing? Thanks in advance.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 12

So they had a photo shoot that involved a change of clothes and ANOTHER round of photos with the Pinterest-inspired sign? Okay.

Well, congrats to them on making it a year before getting pregnant. Hoping all goes well for Jinger.

• Love 6

Looks like Jeremy finally got the memo about how bad it looks to have him looking at the camera while Jinger gazes at him adoringly.

Considering how uninterested and often horrified she'd look over anything having to do with birth, I think Jinger will go for a hospital birth, with an OB and an epidural as early as they'd let her. More power to her.

I'm telling myself that they've been using BC all this time...it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me disliking them the least.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, LilJen said:

So they had a photo shoot that involved a change of clothes and ANOTHER round of photos with the Pinterest-inspired sign? Okay.

Well, congrats to them on making it a year before getting pregnant. Hoping all goes well for Jinger.

The picture of them in the casual clothes was taken on the Duggar compound on Thanksgiving. The ones where they are formally dressed are professionally taken in their house for their website. They probably had Jana make the sign, both Jessa and Jill had similar chalk signs for their announcement. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I predict Jinger will be the first Duggar child (except Josh) to have a girl.  Don't know why, jusdt putting it out there.

I'm banking on a boy with a very Italian first name just to piss off Boob. I like Vincenzo or Anthony Michael or some crazy out there name like Rosario. 

• Love 5

They get a big gold star from me. Delaying pregnancy for one year in their world is like delaying pregnancy for five years in the heathen world. 

Interesting the timing on the public announcement if they told the family at Thanksgiving. Makes me wonder how far along she is and Kendra is and how they decided who would announce first and when. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm banking on a boy with a very Italian first name just to piss off Boob. I like Vincenzo or Anthony Michael or some crazy out there name like Rosario. 

Rosario is too close to rosary.  We all know how Jeremy feels about Catholics.

• Love 8

Just saw the news in my Facebook feed so had to check in here! I guess we can be happy they waited a little while at least!  Cue the sappy videos (maybe they’ve already been posted – I haven’t checked yet)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I would love to see a boy named Giacomo or Silverio .  Along with a healthy baby born in  a hospital  with plenty of prenatal care.   Jill should be banned from checking on the baby with her  doctor thingy  .

• Love 11
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Just saw the news in my Facebook feed so had to check in here! I guess we can be happy they waited a little while at least!  Cue the sappy videos (maybe they’ve already been posted – I haven’t checked yet)

Cue Jeremy and his large ass mouth of gigantic teeth.

1 minute ago, amitville said:

Jill should be banned from checking on the baby with her  doctor thingy 

Just so you know, I received a stern rebuke from a poster that the correct technical term is “medical things”, when I dared to call them “medical thingies”.

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Josh and Anna have already used both, Michael and Anthony, for two of their children .  Anthony only as a middle name so that would probably work 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, lianau said:

Josh and Anna have already used both, Michael and Anthony, for two of their children .  Anthony only as a middle name so that would probably work 

Antonio!

• Love 6

Since Kendra and Joy are both pregnant and in Arkansas, maybe Jinger can stay under the radar and deal with her pregnancy in relative peace in Laredo. (Peace from her parents and sisters, not the paps. Lol)

• Love 14

At least this couple had a first year of getting to know one another. They purchased a home prior to Jinger becoming pregnant, and I’m pretty sure they will most likely have s small family.

All good things, in my opinion.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I have been very sick since Christmas, tried to DM @Rabittrom but she is not accepting messages. Could someone please fill me in on the mainstream thing JinJer are doing? Thanks in advance.

I want to know also!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

As I was brushing my teeth this morning, I started wondering if she got pregnant on her birthday since she hinted on Instagram that they spent that afternoon in the sack.  No kid wants to know they were a party favor from their Mom's birthday.  

I think they pulled the goalie (pun 100% intended) around mid October so that they could have an anniversary baby, rather than a honeymoon baby as is Duggar tradition lol. That would put them right on schedule for a positive test and family announcement by Thanksgiving like @Lunera said, and just short of 12 weeks by New Years. If this is true, Jinger will be due around the end of July. 

As a native Texan myself, I’m sending lots of luck and a big “bless your heart” her way; being very pregnant during a sweltering Texas summer is not fun at all! She will miss the worst days of it though, which are from mid August to mid September.

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 7

I'm with those that are disappointed, but shouldn't be..lol I know there isn't a lot of like for Jeremy, but we just don't know what goes on in their lives. I'm on the side of the fence that they waited(until I hear otherwise..lol). I like to think Jeremy has some kind of head on his shoulders and will get the best care for her which would be a REAL doctor. She isn't surrounded by her maniac family that doesn't seem to believe in that, so it's my every hope.
It seems that they got things in order before producing as well. Took a year to actually get to know each other. Jinger clearly has come a long way in the clothing department and does seem extremely happy with Jeremy(I still say she won the husband award ). They bought a house, which after we learned that, I figured a pregnancy wasn't much farther behind. They didn't make a honeymoon baby, Jinger isn't a teenager like two other pregnant girls in the family.
I personally don't feel they are going to have a herd of kids, maybe 2, 3 at the most. I honestly think Anna might be the only one to have a herd because she has drank the most kool-aid(Jilly comes in 2nd).
I wish her a healthy pregnancy and I'm sure there will be a ton of Jeremy photographs of her on instagram as her belly grows. I just hope that blasted family doesn't invade them once the baby is born. Jeremy should make another 6 month ban after it's born!

• Love 16

Well, Jeremy IS 30 years old. Jinger being 24 has some years to wait...Jeremy, maybe not so many for him. So, I guess it's as good as it's going to get. I hope Jinger thoroughly enjoyed her one year of freedom and learned something about being her own person and that the outside world isn't so bad/sinful after all.

• Love 14

Shit, I'm surprised my heart dropped for a half a second when I read the news. I didn't even know it mattered to me at all. 

I feel a little bad for Jinger being in TX though. These ladies have no idea what its like to have a baby without a herd of folks to pitch in. Maybe Mrs V will pop by in the beginning weeks to offer some support. I think Jeremy will have the hardest time adjusting to the responsibility of having a kid of all the Duggars and their mates. He really is the only one who lived an independent life so he will actually know some of what he's missing.

If Henry wasn't weaned before, he's being pulled from the breast now. God forbid Jinger has a girl before Jessa pops one out.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, I'm surprised my heart dropped for a half a second when I read the news. I didn't even know it mattered to me at all. 

I feel a little bad for Jinger being in TX though. These ladies have no idea what its like to have a baby without a herd of folks to pitch in. Maybe Mrs V will pop by in the beginning weeks to offer some support. I think Jeremy will have the hardest time adjusting to the responsibility of having a kid of all the Duggars and their mates. He really is the only one who lived an independent life so he will actually know some of what he's missing.

If Henry wasn't weaned before, he's being pulled from the breast now. God forbid Jinger has a girl before Jessa pops one out.

I think Jinger will be okay.  Jeremy writes his sermons from home.  Even if she’s the primary caretaker, just having the second set of hands available when necessary is invaluable.  Ma Vuolo will definitely visit and I bet even Mechelle does too.  She’s at least useful for holding babies.  Plus I bet the church families provide them with food.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think there's a good chance. They're hundreds of miles away from Duggar Central.

And I hold out the hope that Jill and Jessa may be a bit peculiar among the Duggarlings in their devotion to home-births-with-no-medical-staff-on-site. They both conceive of their lives in kind of heroic terms, Jill thinks she's deeply educated about childbirth and Jessa tries to arrange everything in her life to make good TV, I think.

Since their mother didn't always do it this way, I'm thinking other Duggar kidults may be different. I can picture Jingle, Jana and Joe, for example, just to take three young adult kids at random, all thinking that they don't want heroic near bleedouts and screaming ambulance rides in their or their babies' futures and seeing a hospital or professional birthing center as a good thing. And if they have any sense at all, they should see that the home birth thing might well end up costing more, too, if it creates an emergency, in addition to the potential near-death scares. 

I don't see Jessa that way. I've seen talk about having babies, but she seems almost wistful about wanting a hospital bills. 

Jinger is the only one who seems in a line to have good prenatal care. She's certainly too far from Jill. That's the best part of this news. 

It doesn't surprise me given that Jinger never really found anything else to do in Laredo. They will need more stable income. I could see them having at 3-4 if not more. 

It does make me kinda sad. People who said Jeremy didn't want her to be too independent, might be right. I do part of the obsession with having so many kids (quiverfull, etc.) is to keep the woman at home in her place.  If they stopped having babies for a while, it might give them to time to think, or look for things to do outside the home. I read recently that a large portion of any group (not just fundies) of people with kids can't stand it when people don't have kids or plan to have them. I'm sure the pressure from her family was enormous. I'm sure his family is excited too especially since all the kids are in their 30s. 

I wish them well and hope she has a safe pregnancy and delivery.

• Love 6

It kills me to read the leghumper fb comments! People are saying that they're glad they waited, to which the leghumpers attack them and say, "what if they were trying for a baby? U r stupid. Shut up!" 

That's stupid, because they ARE having a baby, and the people congratulating them are happy about it. It's not a backhanded compliment in any way! Whether planned or not, they DID have a year to get to know each other, and that is a blessing! Remember when Jill corrected Jinger, saying God didn't want her to live in a city because he wanted to "teach" her something? These people believe God decides everything, so God decided they weren't having a baby for a year. Who would even they not look at that time and realize it was a blessing to be able to bond so much more they had a child? I'm sure at least Jeremy sees it that way.

If they were still childless I can see how people could say to be sensitive in case they're trying, but they are having the baby! That extra time was a blessing, intended or not. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

If they're going the Italian tradition, the first boy is named after the father's father....which would be Charles....so maybe Carlo Anthony Vuolo?

How about Calogero? My heart would be so happy trying to watch Boob pronounce it! Bwahahahaaaaaaa

• Love 4

If Jeremy and Jinger are the most independent, and they may well be, they may be the type to just bundle up their baby and take it with them everywhere.  That is, until the fourth or fifth comes along.

Edited by flyingdi
Because proper English is a good thing!

Jinger has always seemed scared of childbirth and after seeing jessa's bleed out and who the fuck knows what happened with Jill, I think Jinger will have good medical care and deliver in a hospital. 

Jeremy doesn't seem like a home birth kinda guy either. 

• Love 22

I’m happy for them.  Part of me was worried that they may have been struggling with infertility so this made me breathe a sigh of relief.  I can’t imagine wanting a baby and not being sure if it’ll happen. 

I also can’t be disappointed. They are 24 and 30 years old.  They have a stable place to live, income to support a family, and a seemingly happy marriage.  She shouldn’t put off a baby just because her family is batshit. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 12