Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Notice it's all couples with kids or knocked up. Where are Jilly and Derelict? Oh, they made their own video. #rejects #momoney4us 

I hope to the FSM that this isn't a precursor to bringing Smuggar back next season. 

• Love 9

Nope, not happy for them.  I'm sure they're happy.  But I'm not.  But I don't have to be, as it's not my uterus. 

I was looking forward to more growth and expansion of Jinger's MIND, not her stomach.  I wanted her to continue to exceed the expectations of all of us.  

I am NOT looking forward to the gestation shots, and the typical belly cradling.  I wanted to watch the most normal Duggar approach REAL person normal.  

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 23

The Duggars managed to make a congratulations video skin crawling.  That does look like the girls' room.  Great optics to have Josh there. I'm so glad Jinger and Jeremy are far enough away that they don't have to deal with JB, Michelle, and Josh on a regular basis. 

ETA: It might be JB and Michelle's bedroom. Still what are they thinking? Keep Josh out of anything to do with the girls' families and out of bedrooms.

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 20
57 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Vomitorious (yes, I made that one up) video. 

Congrats jessa?and yes joy, we know you're pregnant no need to continue to caress your belly. Josh, shut the fuck up you nasty perv.

• Love 15

My goodness they truly are so strange.   Both Anna and Jessa look pregnant to me also.  Maybe they are going for a family record for the number they can birth in one year so sick.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm banking on a boy with a very Italian first name just to piss off Boob. I like Vincenzo or Anthony Michael or some crazy out there name like Rosario. 

I know a Rosario, and I agree, it's a good name, whether male or female.

I also have to add, I think Jin will be a hands-on mom, and not just because she doesn't have the TTH at her disposal.  It seems to me that she has been away from that mess she grew up in, enough to know that's not the way she wants to raise kids.  I have nothing to base that on really, just that feeling that if ANY of Ma & Pa Kettle's kids really do have "a heart for children," it's Jin.  Jer will just have to get used to sharing her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

For the love of all that's holy, make it stop!!! Please just make it stop!!!

And Jessa is so pregnant. I'm sure her announcement will be next...

That dress screams PREGNANT to me too. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

That dress screams PREGNANT to me too. 

I don't know, swing dresses were all over the place at Old Navy this fall. Cute.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh.  And Jessa hoping they'll have a boy?  Oh, she will be so jealous if Jin has a girl, and she doesn't!  Jessa is going to make any girl her slave, just like Ma did.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Rosario is masculine. It was my Nonno's name.

Rosaria is feminine. You can also go by Sara.

Ok. I mean, I actually know two different women named Rosario, apart from the actress Rosario Dawson, but I suppose it can go either way. I don’t have a horse in this race.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Ok. I mean, I actually know two different women named Rosario, apart from the actress Rosario Dawson, but I suppose it can go either way. I don’t have a horse in this race.

I think Spanish people use Rosario as a feminine name. I've never seen an Italian girl with that name with an O at the end. The majority of my friends I grew up with have a masculine name that gets feminized with an A at the end. My name can be either feminine or masculine with the change of the last vowel.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think there's a good chance. They're hundreds of miles away from Duggar Central.

And I hold out the hope that Jill and Jessa may be a bit peculiar among the Duggarlings in their devotion to home-births-with-no-medical-staff-on-site. They both conceive of their lives in kind of heroic terms, Jill thinks she's deeply educated about childbirth and Jessa tries to arrange everything in her life to make good TV, I think.

Since their mother didn't always do it this way, I'm thinking other Duggar kidults may be different. I can picture Jingle, Jana and Joe, for example, just to take three young adult kids at random, all thinking that they don't want heroic near bleedouts and screaming ambulance rides in their or their babies' futures and seeing a hospital or professional birthing center as a good thing. And if they have any sense at all, they should see that the home birth thing might well end up costing more, too, if it creates an emergency, in addition to the potential near-death scares. 

Jana seemed pretty traumatized by the filmed, prolonged seizure of Josie's.  I hope that impacts any healthcare decisions Jana makes for herself, and any hypothetical children.

7 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I predict Jinger will be the first Duggar child (except Josh) to have a girl.  Don't know why, just putting it out there.

I'm still rooting for all first and second born children (at the very least) to be boys.  Jinger seems to have avoided the worst of the J'slave lifestyle, probably taught by Jessa, and may carry on the family tradition.

I wish for Jinger to have a very easy, happy pregnancy.  I hope the baby is born with an apgar of 10, latches on immediately, sleeps through the night, and is a dream baby.  But for some reason, probably Jeremy's self-love, I hope we have another Jim Bob clone.  If not that, then a Jinge/Michelle model will do.  Otherwise, Jeremy's ego will grow exponentially.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I think Spanish people use Rosario as a feminine name. I've never seen an Italian girl with that name with an O at the end. The majority of my friends I grew up with have a masculine name that gets feminized with an A at the end. My name can be either feminine or masculine with the change of the last vowel.  

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in actual Spanish Rosario's a male name as well. In the English-speaking world, I guess somebody well known must have gone in the wrong direction at some point and a lot of other people ran with it. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in actual Spanish Rosario's a male name as well. In the English-speaking world, I guess somebody well known must have gone in the wrong direction at some point and a lot of other people ran with it. 

My Mexican American dil's mom's name is Rosario. (And she's in her 60s)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, SMama said:

Since I’m going to hell I’m going all in. I should not be disappointed because it’s their life, their choice. The pressure to pop a kid as soon as possible has always bothered me. Especially since these young ladies hardly know their grooms. But I take solace in imagining a very pissed Boob when he realizes he won’t be able to arrive minutes after birth, with his germ filled herd.

I have been very sick since Christmas, tried to DM @Rabittrom but she is not accepting messages. Could someone please fill me in on the mainstream thing JinJer are doing? Thanks in advance.

Until the day I die, I will never forget the image of JB roaring into Anna's front yard with a clown car full of kids, laying on the horn like Pearl Harbor's just been bombed again.  To make myself feel better, I then remember Anna locking the horde out and drawing the curtains when they arrived too early for dinner.

7 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm banking on a boy with a very Italian first name just to piss off Boob. I like Vincenzo or Anthony Michael or some crazy out there name like Rosario. 

My vote is for Luigi, Guido, Vito, or Giuseppe.  But I'm pretty sure it will be Jeremy, Jr.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

In Spanish, Rosario, along with Lucero, Consuelo, and Socorro, is a name for girls that breaks the normal masculine “O” feminine “A” rules. That is because, while these names are masculine when used as words, they’re all associated heavily with titles and honorifics The Virgin Mary holds within the Catholic Church, so they’re seen as more appropriate for girls in Spanish speaking countries. Anecdotally, I don’t know of any Hispanic/Latino boys with the names I’ve listed. 

From what has been posted here, that is not the case in Italian, where the word rosary has been adapted to fit both girls and boys in terms of naming rules.

To bring things back on track, what do y’all think they’re having? I personally think they’re having a girl, both from the Chinese conception chart and how Jinger is carrying in comparison to her older sisters at this stage, as well as Joy who I think is having an Izzy sized boy. Of course this is all just old wives tale fun, nothing scientific or trained like the brilliant @doodlebug!

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 11

.I've known at least three Italian American families where the oldest boy is Jr./III so I could see Jeremy Jr. for their boys. 

For a girl, I like Jeraldine. It starts with Jer like Jeremy, and it's usually spelled with a G (Geraldine) like Jinger.

I could see them continuing with the J- names especially if they want a smaller family.  That way they can carry on the family brand tradition. 

Geraldine reminds me of the Vicar of Dibley. :)

• Love 5

Interesting that Joy mentioned that the Jingerlet is due about six months after their baby. So that would make a due date of late August, early September?  Sounds like Jinger isn’t twelve weeks yet.  And Joy stroking her stomach makes me want to slap her. Yes, we know you’re pregnant but this video is NOT ABOUT YOU. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

To bring things back on track, what do y’all think they’re having? I personally think they’re having a girl, both from the Chinese conception chart and how Jinger is carrying in comparison to her older sisters at this stage, as well as Joy who I think is having an Izzy sized boy. Of course this is all just old wives tale fun, nothing scientific or trained like the brilliant @doodlebug!

where did you see a picture of jinger showing already? did i miss it?

• Love 2

With the way Joy is always draped around Austin and the way she’s constantly stroking her stomach, I wonder if perhaps she has been touch-starved all her life and is just instinctively trying to heal herself. 

• Love 24

This makes me sad. Normally, hearing that a young couple is having a baby is good news, but in this case, I just don't feel that way.

When Josh and Anna were in DC, they were beginning to develop their own relationship and I think that Josh had some hope for a more independent life.

When Jill first married, there was some hope that Derick would encourage her to get some real education, and that they would eventually move away and become actual missionaries.

Where are they now? They're all lolling around the TTH and are either expecting or have infants in tow.

Jinger managed a year, and seems to have enjoyed her time as a newlywed. She's read some books, and worn some pants, and maybe seen and done a little more than most of her siblings, and yet here she is. Jeremy may be the controlling asshat that everyone thinks he is, or they may all be sucked into the Duggar vortex within the next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't lolling around the TTH next January talking about how "special" and "precious" their little "blessing" is, and living in one of JB's properties.

• Love 8

The video was cringey.  (is that a word?) (it is now)

When Austin was the most social and appropriate one, you know it's really really bad. 

Yes ben, Jeremy has not changed as many diapers as you have.  Genius. 

WHY put Josh in the girls bedroom???????????????????????????

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

With the way Joy is always draped around Austin and the way she’s constantly stroking her stomach, I wonder if perhaps she has been touch-starved all her life and is just instinctively trying to heal herself. 

I could see that. Joy and Austin do have a natural ease and chemistry, if physical touch IS Joy’s primary love language, growing up in that house after being molested by your older brother could mean you grew up without getting your need for affection met. 

• Love 12

I would think she might be relieved, Jinger's been raised that her role in life is to be a mother.  She's been a newlywed, worn pants,bought a house, this is the next logical step, especially since she's not going to work outside the home.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

This makes me sad. Normally, hearing that a young couple is having a baby is good news, but in this case, I just don't feel that way.

When Josh and Anna were in DC, they were beginning to develop their own relationship and I think that Josh had some hope for a more independent life.

When Jill first married, there was some hope that Derick would encourage her to get some real education, and that they would eventually move away and become actual missionaries.

Where are they now? They're all lolling around the TTH and are either expecting or have infants in tow.

Jinger managed a year, and seems to have enjoyed her time as a newlywed. She's read some books, and worn some pants, and maybe seen and done a little more than most of her siblings, and yet here she is. Jeremy may be the controlling asshat that everyone thinks he is, or they may all be sucked into the Duggar vortex within the next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't lolling around the TTH next January talking about how "special" and "precious" their little "blessing" is, and living in one of JB's properties.

Yabbut, lest we forget, they bought a house, which I now think is super smart of Jeremy; 'cos you know if they hadn't bought a house and were still living in his mean little bachelor pad, I wouldn't bet against your scenario.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Temperance said:Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Wikipedia writeup on the FSM reads like Monty Python wrote it. It’s VERY amusing, but it’s actually recognized as a religion in a few countries. Where else a how else could pasta, pirates, science, and religious headgear all converge as one? 

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa is quite the Vision in Mustard, is she not? I just couldn't  play the video. Between The Nincompoop’s adoring headship gaze at Chester Molester and the fear I might hear Michelle’s dolphin squeals, I just could NOT! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

In Spanish, Rosario, along with Lucero, Consuelo, and Socorro, is a name for girls that breaks the normal masculine “O” feminine “A” rules. That is because, while these names are masculine when used as words, they’re all associated heavily with titles and honorifics The Virgin Mary holds within the Catholic Church, so they’re seen as more appropriate for girls in Spanish speaking countries. Anecdotally, I don’t know of any Hispanic/Latino boys with the names I’ve listed. 

From what has been posted here, that is not the case in Italian, where the word rosary has been adapted to fit both girls and boys in terms of naming rules.

I will bow to @Doodlebug's infinite wisdom, but carrying high or low is a myth, IMO.

And I will add to your point, by pointing out Rosario Dawson is a female.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

.I've known at least three Italian American families where the oldest boy is Jr./III so I could see Jeremy Jr. for their boys. 

For a girl, I like Jeraldine. It starts with Jer like Jeremy, and it's usually spelled with a G (Geraldine) like Jinger.

I could see them continuing with the J- names especially if they want a smaller family.  That way they can carry on the family brand tradition. 

Geraldine reminds me of the Vicar of Dibley. :)

Boys as in multiple?  You think Jeremy is another George Foreman?  I can see it.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Wait, Anna locked them out? Was that at mold house? OMG that's freaking brilliant.

Yes, and it was glorious.  They arrived earlier than invited, a miracle in Duggar time, and as the howlers were banging on the door and sticking their noses in the windows, Anna calmly refused to unlock the door, and closed the curtains on their faces.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I would think she might be relieved, Jinger's been raised that her role in life is to be a mother.  She's been a newlywed, worn pants,bought a house, this is the next logical step, especially since she's not going to work outside the home.

I could see this too. In a way, her marriage so far has been like most couples' dating. When they got married, they began spending a significant amount of time together, having sex, going on fun outings and adventures, and taking on some of the other's interests. It really is like most couples' year one, and maybe around this time they would make the relationship more serious by getting engaged. Jing and Jer are making it more serious by having a baby!

• Love 8