Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I could see this too. In a way, her marriage so far has been like most couples' dating. When they got married, they began spending a significant amount of time together, having sex, going on fun outings and adventures, and taking on some of the other's interests. It really is like most couples' year one, and maybe around this time they would make the relationship more serious by getting engaged. Jing and Jer are making it more serious by having a baby!

Yup I agree. They spent time alone, took trips together, had hot sex, ENJOYED themselves.

@scenicbyway- if Jinger isn’t interested in advanced education, rigorous volunteer work or employment outside the home, what ELSE was she going to do besides have a baby? Not knocking SAHMs, I know it’s work, but if there are no persons in need of caregiving in the home (an elderly parent/grandparent, disabled adult sibling or minor child) WHAT is Jinger supposed to do while Jeremy is at work all day? It doesn’t take 40yrs a week to clean up after 2 adults and do laundry. She is probably BORED. It was fun for a bit but why continue to put off having children since she wants them. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yup I agree. They spent time alone, took trips together, had hot sex, ENJOYED themselves.

@scenicbyway- if Jinger isn’t interested in advanced education, rigorous volunteer work or employment outside the home, what ELSE was she going to do besides have a baby? Not knocking SAHMs, I know it’s work, but if there are no persons in need of caregiving in the home (an elderly parent/grandparent, disabled adult sibling or minor child) WHAT is Jinger supposed to do while Jeremy is at work all day? It doesn’t take 40yrs a week to clean up after 2 adults and do laundry. She is probably BORED. It was fun for a bit but why continue to put off having children since she wants them. 

I used to believe that pastors' wives had a very demanding life. 

5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

That would count as rigorous volunteer work (for the church) or employment outside the home if she too was employed by the church. The lack of evidence makes me think Jinger isn’t into being the “pastor’s wife”. 

Also we have to remember the traditional role of a “pastor’s wife” came from a time when women could not be ordinated in the religious denominations, if you were a woman who had a religious calling and you were a Protestant, your best bet was to marry a similarly minded man and help him in his duties. Now if women want to pastor they can actually pastor- not just be married to one. 

• Love 9

I can't totally fault Joy for rubbing her belly - every single woman friend I've known who was pregnant seemed to just instinctively do the same thing. I imagine if I had a little alien creature wiggling around in there, I might be similarly inclined.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 13

I knew as soon as I checked in and was four pages behind that Jinger was pregnant.  Like many of you, I am strangely saddened by that news.  Still, she and Jeremy look happy, and that's what we want for them.

I predict a girl, possibly named Isabella (but called Bella) or Sophia.

• Love 9

Two things my mother told me with my first pregnancy:  don't waddle or stick out your stomach and for the sake of her sanity keep my hands off the bump.  Apparently she'd been driven around the bend by pregnancy emphasizers.  So far almost all the Duggars could have used her to stop the behaviors.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Two things my mother told me with my first pregnancy:  don't waddle or stick out your stomach and for the sake of her sanity keep my hands off the bump.  Apparently she'd been driven around the bend by pregnancy emphasizers.  So far almost all the Duggars could have used her to stop the behaviors.

My mother recently threw a fit over pregnant women taking pictures of their bellies and/or always touching their bumps.  It makes her batty!  I think of her each time I see a Duggar rubbing a baby bump. 

• Love 4

Of all the things the Duggars do that infuriate me, touching their pregnancy bumps is nowhere on the list. I don't understand why anyone would care. There's a lot of pain and sensation that happens at the bump. Touching it seemed pretty natural to me when I was pregnant.

I'm not familiar with Laredo's medical establishments, but the GOP-dominated TX government has done a number on women's health in the name of ending abortion. I hope Jinger has quality care available to her in Laredo. Simply using a doctor/hospital is not a guarantee of anything.

I'm also in the camp that's surprisingly sad about this. I knew it was unlikely that Jinger would find an independent career as a photographer or anything else, but I admit to having a little hope. It's just so much easier to change your life course when you're young and childfree. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, zenme said:

My guess is Jinger will have a girl named Bella or one of the -ella names. If it's a boy it'll be Jeremy Jr. 

Cinderella Diana-Michelle Vuolo. Cinderfuckingrella Diana-Michelle Vuolo, for those who remember Pretty Woman. 

• Love 10

Yep, these two have just eradicated any interest I had in them.  They'll now blend into the other breeders and their life story is officially Duggered. 

Good luck to them, as they're fully assimilated into the collective, geographic location notwithstanding. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

In Spanish, Rosario, along with Lucero, Consuelo, and Socorro, is a name for girls that breaks the normal masculine “O” feminine “A” rules. That is because, while these names are masculine when used as words, they’re all associated heavily with titles and honorifics The Virgin Mary holds within the Catholic Church, so they’re seen as more appropriate for girls in Spanish speaking countries. Anecdotally, I don’t know of any Hispanic/Latino boys with the names I’ve listed. 

From what has been posted here, that is not the case in Italian, where the word rosary has been adapted to fit both girls and boys in terms of naming rules.

To bring things back on track, what do y’all think they’re having? I personally think they’re having a girl, both from the Chinese conception chart and how Jinger is carrying in comparison to her older sisters at this stage, as well as Joy who I think is having an Izzy sized boy. Of course this is all just old wives tale fun, nothing scientific or trained like the brilliant @doodlebug!

So you can't name a boy after the rosary, huh? I guess I should have figured that! lol Thanks for the explanation! 

58 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Yep, these two have just eradicated any interest I had in them.  They'll now blend into the other breeders and their life story is officially Duggered

Good luck to them, as they're fully assimilated into the collective, geographic location notwithstanding. 

Thought this said Druggered. Don't drink the Kool-Aid you'll be druggared!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

But then of course we all probably used to think that mothers of 19 children had to do a lot of child care .... 

....Then we met the Duggars. 

Same thing with pastors and their wives, I guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't have a problem with Jinger and Jeremy getting pregnant. They waited a year after marrying and at least got to know each other. Jinger is 24 (legal drinking age at least) and Jeremy is 30. I do get the same controlling vibe from Jeremy that everyone else does, but honestly, that's all these girls know. They weren't raised to make independent decisions or take care of themselves. Sitting around waiting to get pregnant is all Jinger was taught to expect from life. She's not allowed to be around anyone who would have suggested improving herself in the years between high school and child bearing. And as much as Jeremy lets her wear pants and go to Philadelphia, he really is not that different than Jim Bob. Same husband as owner mentality. Sad, but that's their reality, and when you look at the other girls, I still think Jinger got the best deal after Joy Anna, whose husband seems much more laid back and amiable.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't have a problem with Jinger and Jeremy getting pregnant. They waited a year after marrying and at least got to know each other. Jinger is 24 (legal drinking age at least) and Jeremy is 30. I do get the same controlling vibe from Jeremy that everyone else does, but honestly, that's all these girls know. They weren't raised to make independent decisions or take care of themselves. Sitting around waiting to get pregnant is all Jinger was taught to expect from life. She's not allowed to be around anyone who would have suggested improving herself in the years between high school and child bearing. And as much as Jeremy lets her wear pants and go to Philadelphia, he really is not that different than Jim Bob. Same husband as owner mentality. Sad, but that's their reality, and when you look at the other girls, I still think Jinger got the best deal after Joy Anna, whose husband seems much more laid back and amiable.

I agree with you. I think Jeremy has no problem letting Jinger do what she wants so long as he doesn’t have a strong opinion either way (for example fashion etc). I have no reason to believe Jinger doesn’t want children OR has had any strong desire to further her education. Jeremy is employed with a home in which to raise this child. I wish her a healthy baby and an easy pregnancy. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I think Jeremy has no problem letting Jinger do what she wants so long as he doesn’t have a strong opinion either way (for example fashion etc). I have no reason to believe Jinger doesn’t want children OR has had any strong desire to further her education. Jeremy is employed with a home in which to raise this child. I wish her a healthy baby and an easy pregnancy. 

I know, I like babies.  I would’ve enjoyed Jinger as photographer or Jinger as college graduate, but if she’s simply not ambitious, also no surprise.

• Love 4

What annoys me - even though it's conjecture - is that I believe the Duggars think that Jinger is the "broken" one.  Because she didn't get pregnant in the car on the way to the honeymoon and she didn't buy pregnancy tests in bulk and use them every week for the past year.  Maybe, secretly they know Jing & Jer were using birth control and they won't say anything about it because they'd either have to denounce it publicly or say they're OK with it and they for sure know they'll get a backlash either way they go on that one.

But whether natural or through family planning Jinger waited a whole year.  And I think they're looked at by the rest of the family as having something wrong with them for that.  To wait is an abnormal act where the women must have a "plumbing" problem (the women only, never the man of course) or god is punishing or not blessing them.  But....ME-Chelle pushing out kids well past her fertile expiration date having one preemie and another still-birth or miscarriage is OK because they're blessed just to get knocked up.  Jessa nearly bleeding to death after a very long labor was OK with them.  Jill having a problem birth was Izzy and an even worse birth with Samuel (no details known) and trying for a VBAC at home was also OK.  As long as you keep getting pregnant and pushing them out it's fine, health of the mother and risk to the baby be damned.  But wait a bit and plan for a healthy well-timed pregnancy and you're the family freak.  Like I said, conjecture but based on the number of times on the show they straight up asked Jinger for "news" and their views on populating the earth not implausible.  

Still, at least they did wait, got to know each other, bought a house so they have room for kids and are, for the most part, taking a more mainstream path I'd say best of luck to them.

• Love 8

I hope they have a girl first, mostly because I want to see how Jeremy would play it publicly. I remember being irate when Derrick said during the Israel pregnancy that they were happy to have a boy first to be the leader of the siblings or something. I'm assuming Jeremy might feel similar about not wanting a girl first.

• Love 2

Because Josh being the first born worked out so well for the Duggars. Gosh Derick is such a screw up and certainly lacks self awareness.  It’s like he goes out of his way to praise his wife’s molester. And yeah, I know Volderjoshgate I had not blown up at that point. Derick being such a douchecanoe should have recognized the same in Volderjosh. Maybe therein lies the problem.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Kbo said:

Interesting that Joy mentioned that the Jingerlet is due about six months after their baby. So that would make a due date of late August, early September?  Sounds like Jinger isn’t twelve weeks yet.  And Joy stroking her stomach makes me want to slap her. Yes, we know you’re pregnant but this video is NOT ABOUT YOU. 

OR - Joy is due sooner than she previously stated, and slipped up by saying this.   She's not too bright, ya know.   Jinger could not possibly be due that late if they announced it to the family at Thanksgiving.   We announced our pregnancy at Thanksgiving as well and had just done the pee stick that morning.  Son was almost 2 weeks late and born a week into August.   Something is off and I'm not sure if it's just that Duggars suck at math or if Joy is more pregnant that she is admitting.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

OR - Joy is due sooner than she previously stated, and slipped up by saying this.   She's not too bright, ya know.   Jinger could not possibly be due that late if they announced it to the family at Thanksgiving.   We announced our pregnancy at Thanksgiving as well and had just done the pee stick that morning.  Son was almost 2 weeks late and born a week into August.   Something is off and I'm not sure if it's just that Duggars suck at math or if Joy is more pregnant that she is admitting.

Ohhhh conspiracy!! I like it!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Well...Joy did learn 'rithmetic at the SOTDRT so she could be off in both aspects.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in actual Spanish Rosario's a male name as well. In the English-speaking world, I guess somebody well known must have gone in the wrong direction at some point and a lot of other people ran with it. 

You're right.  My friend Rosario is male.  He's told me that his name is an either/or name in Mexico.

• Love 1

Isn’t Joy due at the very end of February?  I could see her saying six months even if Jinger was due 8/1.  Depending on Jinger’s cycle, she could have found out the week of Thanksgiving with that due date.  That would make it an anniversary baby for Jinger and Jeremy as well.

Edited by saylubee
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can see Jeremy wanting a boy because a lot of former jocks want that mini-me who they can mold into a future pro athlete. He strikes me as that type.

I agree; I see that in Jer, too.  He might be the type that thinks fathering a girl isn't as macho.

• Love 2

I dunno, a lot of the "macho" types (and honestly I don't see Jeremy being all that macho, but I digress) like having a little girl. I could see him enjoying being the only male in the household, dressing up the baby, etc. Not saying he wouldn't want a son eventually, but I don't think he'd be disappointed by a daughter.

And I, too, hope that if any of the Duggar girls has a daughter, it's Jinger. Less likelihood of this little girl becoming a sister mom. And she'll get to wear pants!

• Love 22

I don't think Jeremy or Jinger will have a strong preference for either boy or girl. I think they are both evolved enough to realize that a healthy, happy baby & mother is the goal.  

The "old skool" duggars have all these absurd ideas. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree; I see that in Jer, too.  He might be the type that thinks fathering a girl isn't as macho.

If/when they have a daughter, let us just hope that she looks more like Jinger than Jeremy!

• Love 5
Just now, Mollie said:

If/when they have a daughter, let us just hope that she looks more like Jinger than Jeremy!

I agree, lol. I think Jeremy is a good-looking guy but I don't think his features would translate well to a girl. IIRC, his sister is pretty but looks like their mom, while the boys take after Pastor Chuck.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I dunno, a lot of the "macho" types (and honestly I don't see Jeremy being all that macho, but I digress) like having a little girl. I could see him enjoying being the only male in the household, dressing up the baby, etc. Not saying he wouldn't want a son eventually, but I don't think he'd be disappointed by a daughter.

And I, too, hope that if any of the Duggar girls has a daughter, it's Jinger. Less likelihood of this little girl becoming a sister mom. And she'll get to wear pants!

Funny story: My neighbor is one of those macho types (football player) who wanted a boy. When his first child was a girl, he told us he looked at her and thought, “That’s ok, I’m sure I’ll love her anyway.”  Of course, she quickly became daddy’s girl. Less than 18 months later, his wife had their second baby. He looked down at the son he always wanted and thought, “That’s ok, I’m sure I’ll love him anyway.”

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I hope Jin has a girl also, and Jessa/Jill have nothing but boys.  

These people and their sister moms make me ill.  

• Love 19

I know, I like babies.  I would’ve enjoyed Jinger as photographer or Jinger as college graduate, but if she’s simply not ambitious, also no surprise.

If what they showed in Counting On is anything to go by, Jinger sat around for a year in that little apartment watching Jeremy study and walking to the grocery store to buy 1 apple at a time. It was never clear if Jinger wanted something more from her life and Jeremy wouldn't allow it, or if this is just Jinger's personality based on how she was raised. It was really sad to watch either way. But I think the girls are happy with their lives, because their expectations are low as far as what they should want from a career or anything. The only Duggars who ever seemed genuinely miserable were Josh when Anna announced baby #4 was on the way, and Anna when she had to talk about Josh's affair on camera.

Was Jeremy a virgin when they got married? I thought I remembered that Jeremy was a born-again virgin. Maybe they could use natural birth control because Jeremy actually knew how to pull it out in time (not implying that that actually works, BTW).

It was also never clear if Jeremy wanted to limit Duggar family visits because he is trying to control Jinger, or if he just hates the Duggars.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Aren't the Vuolo siblings Jeremy, Valerie and Charlie?  If so I predict Jinger's baby will have a name ending with the "ie" sound.  

Better yet, a girl named Valerie Diane!

Isn't it common for Italians to pick girl names that end in A?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

If what they showed in Counting On is anything to go by, Jinger sat around for a year in that little apartment watching Jeremy study and walking to the grocery store to buy 1 apple at a time. It was never clear if Jinger wanted something more from her life and Jeremy wouldn't allow it, or if this is just Jinger's personality based on how she was raised. It was really sad to watch either way. But I think the girls are happy with their lives, because their expectations are low as far as what they should want from a career or anything. The only Duggars who ever seemed genuinely miserable were Josh when Anna announced baby #4 was on the way, and Anna when she had to talk about Josh's affair on camera.

Was Jeremy a virgin when they got married? I thought I remembered that Jeremy was a born-again virgin. Maybe they could use natural birth control because Jeremy actually knew how to pull it out in time (not implying that that actually works, BTW).

It was also never clear if Jeremy wanted to limit Duggar family visits because he is trying to control Jinger, or if he just hates the Duggars.

My money is he cannot stand to be around the Duggar clan. They make my in-laws look like saints and believe me that is no easy thing to do. *whistles on my way to the Prayer Closet*

On 1/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, flyingdi said:

I predict Jinger will be the first Duggar child (except Josh) to have a girl.  Don't know why, just putting it out there.

I had the same thought!  I also have a feeling it will be one well dressed little girl!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

You're right.  My friend Rosario is male.  He's told me that his name is an either/or name in Mexico.

My Italian grandfather was named Rosario.  My grandmother, his wife, was named Rosaria.  In the US they were called John (go figure!) and Sarah.

Edited by luvmylabs
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

For the love of all that's holy, make it stop!!! Please just make it stop!!!

And Jessa is so pregnant. I'm sure her announcement will be next...

Is Anna pregnant again?  She looks like it.  Joy looks like she is going to pop any second.

18 hours ago, Mya said:

My goodness they truly are so strange.   Both Anna and Jessa look pregnant to me also.  Maybe they are going for a family record for the number they can birth in one year so sick.

Maybe they are trying to Keep up with the Kardashians?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is Anna pregnant again?  She looks like it.  Joy looks like she is going to pop any second.

Pop goes the weasel! Please send my mail and messages to the Prayer Closet because I am becoming a permanent resident there.

Edited by bigskygirl