Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

This is a fantastic post, thank you! Very informative!

Also, regarding your examples at the end...OMG!!! I would have been crying tears of non joy too in both those situations!!! 4 kids under 2...omg. 6 kids in three years!!! holy hell!!

I have a friend who really crushed the odds by having two sets of identical twin girls two years apart. No other kids - even though she would have kind of liked to try for a boy she quit after that. Besides, there hadn't been a boy in her family line in three generations. One of her daughters does have two boys (not twins) now, though.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, SMama said:

Seems that even without twins Ma and Pa Kettle will get their ridiculous goal of at least 100 grandchildren. Never mind how those children will be supported, educated, or given the proper attention. Who cares? Just pop them out, hand them to a ten year old (if the kid is that lucky) and move on to the next. For people who blather on about the value of a fetus, they sure don’t give a shit about the sanctity of life. Children deserve so much more than the 19 received. The grandchildren would get even less. 

For sure Michelle will get her 100 grandbabies.  But in one of those silly videos they are always producing, Michelle blathered on about wanting 200!

No-name grandbabies, just numbers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, louannems said:

For sure Michelle will get her 100 grandbabies.  But in one of those silly videos they are always producing, Michelle blathered on about wanting 200!

No-name grandbabies, just numbers.

I think - and YMMV of course - that this talk of scores of grandchildren may derive from JB and MEchelle's idea (maybe more his than hers) that they've founded this big Duggar family dynasty which will stick together - in terms of religion, money, and even living on a compound - unto future generations and eventually rule the world or their part of it. I discussed this several months ago in the JB and MEchelle topic; I wondered then (and still do) if JB may have some version of Botkin's 200 Year Plan in his head. It would certainly appeal to control freak JB and narcissist MEchelle. In response to my post, @Vaysh recalled that Jill made an off the cuff comment on the show about being the first to expand the Tribe of Duggar.

So even if they've scaled down their grandiose vision from 200 grandchildren to 100, I think they're still batpoop nuts.

Edited by Jeeves
Complete sentences are good. So is correct spelling.
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, SMama said:

For people who blather on about the value of a fetus, they sure don’t give a shit about the sanctity of life. 

This cannot be said enough, and pretty much sums up the Duggar view on procreation.  It's all about the quantity, not the quality of life for them.  Makes me so furious. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I think - and YMMV of course - that this talk of scores of grandchildren may derive from JB and MEchelle's idea (maybe more his than hers) that they've founded this big Duggar family dynasty which will stick together - in terms of religion, money, and even living on a compound - unto future generations and eventually rule the world or their part of it. I discussed this several months ago in the JB and MEchelle topic; I wondered then (and still do) if JB may have some version of Botkin's 200 Year Plan in his head. It would certainly appeal to control freak JB and narcissist MEchelle. In response to my post, @Vaysh recalled that Jill made an off the cuff comment on the show about being the first to expand the Tribe of Duggar.

So even if they've scaled down their grandiose vision from 200 grandchildren to 100, I think they're still batpoop nuts.

I agree. There's a big strain of this idea that runs through a bunch of American fundies, going far beyond Botkin, as far as I can tell. Rushdoony was heavily into it -- it's what the whole Christian homeschool movement was about at its foundations, really. And it's certainly at least an undercurrent in some of the Gothard stuff. Once you think that it's your destiny and duty to help fix the world so Christ can return, believing in this kind of thing becomes a strong possibility, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
On 06/01/2018 at 4:31 AM, floridamom said:

My mother's cousin's name was Nicoletta and my grandmother's name was Giulia. (there is no 'J' in the Italian alphabet). Hey, how about Giulia Nicoletta Vuolo? Boob would LOVE THAT...no 'J's".

Where are Diana Vuolo's parents? Are they still with us and are/were they Italian at all? I don't think Jeremy is VERY Italian if he's only 1/4 Italian,...the mom is the influence in the kitchen...Grandma Vuolo was taught HER MOTHER IN LAW'S authentic recipes because back then, a new bride needed to cook to please her husband, who, BTW, IS all Italian.

“Giulia Nicoletta Vuolo” sounds like an Alfa Romeo model. 

• Love 4

"Sei la mia donna" means ....'you are my woman'...Oh, Jeremy, really.

Second line should read:   "piu forte dei qual altri che io conosco" I think I spelled that right.  Fuzzy sox, please help....'aiuta mi'. 

• Love 2

I just clicked on the picture to get the audio...

JereME is so pretentious.  Posting a song in Italian?  Am I supposed to be impressed that he has heard a song in Italian?  Are we supposed to be impressed that he is "so European"?  Are we supposed to think he is bilingual?  

JereME is such a corn ball.  It's embarrassing. 

Glad he loves Jinger and all but just stop.  He is such a try hard.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

I just clicked on the picture to get the audio...

JereME is so pretentious.  Posting a song in Italian?  Am I supposed to be impressed that he has heard a song in Italian?  Are we supposed to be impressed that he is "so European"?  Are we supposed to think he is bilingual?  

It would be more impressive  if the song was Italian instead of a British/American pop song translated into Italian. 

8 hours ago, floridamom said:

"Sei la mia donna" means ....'you are my woman'...Oh, Jeremy, really. 

It's what the Italian guy sang. Ed Sheeran sings "well I found a woman", but the Italian singer sings "Sie la mia donna". So that is correct. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I was so hoping that these two would wait a good deal longer before popping out babies.   Sigh.....

I still kind of think that the Duggarlings generally deserve to be graded on the curve for most things, though. One giant step for any one of them would really be a half-millimeter shift forward for anybody normal, in practically every area. And on the curve, Jingle did okay (if the delay was deliberate, that is).

"Just set the bar down there on the basement floor." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18

Sorry it took so long to answer but I had some real life happen . I work for Giffords PAC. Look it up a great organization and I work in the record division.  I  was going through all the donation records to see when people last donated and this certain couple donated to us in November. After what I have told you I might be jobless.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Throwaway name said:

The group is not anti-gun the gun group is for gun safety

How badly did the shooting affect Gabby Giffords? If someone tried to kill me with a gun I would be anti gun*.

*I’m anti gun already. 

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

How badly did the shooting affect Gabby Giffords? If someone tried to kill me with a gun I would be anti gun*.

*I’m anti gun already. 

She suffered a permanent brain injury.  Her speech was impacted, and she had a very long rehab.  She’s come a very long way. The US Navy named an aircraft carrier in her honor.  There’s a biography of her on Wikipedia if you want to know more.

Hopefully Jinger and Germy have the good sense to follow all safety precautions handling or storing their guns.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

*I’m anti gun already. 

Gabby Giffords owns a gun and has gone back to the shooting range. She would have no problem with Jin's photo. Although obviously they need to keep their guns in a safe, secure place. Especially since they are now having small humans. 

• Love 3

I am impressed to hear of any Duggar-adjacent making an actual donation of actual money to any cause. (Coincidentally, I think we donated to them recently ourselves. Was there a big fundraising push a couple of months ago?) 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Throwaway name said:

Sorry it took so long to answer but I had some real life happen . I work for Giffords PAC. Look it up a great organization and I work in the record division.  I  was going through all the donation records to see when people last donated and this certain couple donated to us in November. After what I have told you I might be jobless.

You've essentially ID'd yourself naming your job dept. you may want to edit that detail. 

• Love 5

I have no proof, but I'm thinking Jinger is seeing a real doctor or CNM. I remember her being horrified over Jessa's births and not even wanting to be in the room. I think it's more Jill, Jessa and Anna wanting to be the Queen Bee of the Home Birthing Olympics. Joy and Kendra will probably follow suit because they're young, dumb and don't know any different, but I think Jinger will be the outlier.

• Love 23

I know it won't happen, but I want Jinger to have a water birth with soft lighting, scented candles (cucumber melon is nice!) and Gregorian Chants in the background.  "Forget" to call Michelle until after it's all over, and a moratorium on having the entire family show up 30 minutes later to breath all over the newborn and pose for pictures.

• Love 14

One of the four-seater Duggars planes flew to Laredo last night. I haven't seen anything filed for a return trip, so I assume the Seewalds or Mechelle are visiting. I wonder if Jinge is having a rough time with morning sickness.

• Love 3
On 1/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kokapetl said:

*I’m anti gun already. 

I think Gabby Giffords is incredibly brave and courageous. She seems to be handling her changed life circumstance with a grace that I find very, very admirable. If I were her, I'd be anti-person-who-shot-me.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I know it won't happen, but I want Jinger to have a water birth with soft lighting, scented candles (cucumber melon is nice!) and Gregorian Chants in the background.  

........in a HOSPITAL.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I know it won't happen, but I want Jinger to have a water birth with soft lighting, scented candles (cucumber melon is nice!) and Gregorian Chants in the background.  "Forget" to call Michelle until after it's all over, and a moratorium on having the entire family show up 30 minutes later to breath all over the newborn and pose for pictures.

It'll be harder to have the whole family from AR to Texas in 30 minutes. Gregorian chants are way too Catholic for Jeremy or the Duggars. And I rather she was in a hospital.  I agree I hope Michelle isn't there. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wish for Jinger a 4 hour labor & delivery in a hospital with only Jeremy by her side.

....and no TLC camera crew.

Funny, I think with this announcement, interest in the Babes is waning. They've probably been "trying" since the day they got married, and people here were just hoping they weren't. The Kool-Aid runs too thick and deep, I fear.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, drafan said:

....and no TLC camera crew.

Funny, I think with this announcement, interest in the Babes is waning. They've probably been "trying" since the day they got married, and people here were just hoping they weren't. The Kool-Aid runs too thick and deep, I fear.

Well, it's certainly true they were getting a lot of points for fighting the tide -- or seeming to anyway.

If they now settle in to the common Dugg routine of Jingle popping out babies, with maybe a little cooking and cleaning on the side, and Jer appearing to work at his job as little as possible, I guess there won't be much left for people to comment on! ... Time will tell. 

• Love 6