Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2018 at 7:48 PM, Almost 3000 said:

Lately because of all the current things that are tossed away and not fixed like they used to be and don't even get me started on the short life of most technology, I have been thinking about what would survive in a zombie apocalypse.  JD probably would because his skill set is rather old school and he seems to be able to fix things and adapt to different jobs. On the other hand I would guess that Josh would be a tasty treat for the whole hoard pretty quickly.

Its an interesting game to play when contemplating a new purchase but it amused me to apply it to the Duggars.

Aren't zombies interested in brains?

On 1/15/2018 at 9:39 PM, FakeJoshDuggar said:

It’s heavily rumored that OfBen is pregnant as well. 

In that particular relationship, shouldn't it be OfJessa?

• Love 20

I hope Jeremy loses his doll. I bet he's on his way to Atlanta for the G3 conference where he is a speaker. 

It doesnt look like Jinge is with him. Maybe JD flew to Laredo to drop off Benessa to keep her company. They weren't at JDs lame party.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I hope Jeremy loses his doll. I bet he's on his way to Atlanta for the G3 conference where he is a speaker. 

It doesnt look like Jinge is with him. Maybe JD flew to Laredo to drop off Benessa to keep her company. They weren't at JDs lame party.

What? Wait!  Where and when is this event?  I am in metro Atlanta!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Last night, someone posted a picture of JinJer speaking at a charity event for Diana's music ministry, but there was no indication where it was held, although I assumed it was in PA, not TX. That would also account for Jeremy's IG post about hotel bottled water. 

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

http://g3conference.com/

I see Voddie Baucham, Mr. beat-the-shy-child-all-morning, is on the program, too. That makes two Duggar adjacents who've spoken on the same bill with him within about half a year. Bin last summer and now Jer. Children's sinning nature really seems to be part of all their theologies. ... ANd yet in the case of the Duggars, I'd put most of the sins on the parents. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

My friend has a stuffed beaver that has his own Facebook page where there are pictures of him posed in front of landmarks, having a drink by the pool and having lunch with some Marines.  That beaver has a better life than I do.  Also, when our daughter was about four she gave her dad a little stuffed bear to take with him on business trips so he wouldn't be lonely.  She is almost 32 and he still packs it for every trip.  We've had to turn the house upside down sometimes to find it, with him saying,"I have to have my bear!  It would be bad luck not to take it!" 

That is so sweet about the bear!

• Love 9

Look at them all clean and neat, and eating at tables with tablecloths and plates and glasses!

It's amazing isn't it that Jinger still manages to dress  modestly without wearing layers and layers of rags. It's also amazing that a meal can be prepared and served to a large group using actual plates and utensils.

• Love 22
43 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Jinger does look great, very chic! Marriage really has done her well. I love how she's doing her hair.

I didn't recognize her at first and thought who is that hussy putting her arm on Jeremy! She does look chic, clean and well put together! Her sister Jill should take notes.

Coco Chanel quotes that Jinger is actually using.

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”

“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

I hope Jeremy loses his doll.

I just wanted to say how much I love this particular sentence for some reason.

Also, step away from the hair gel, Jer. I guess Jinger is comfortable with that, considering that Boob used more hairspray on any random day than I have ever used in my life. Cumulatively.

• Love 7

I'm sure leghumpers will be going insane on FB about how Jinger is straying away from the oh-so-wonderful Duggar teachings, what with showing her bare arms and all. I mean, sure, she "finally" sprogged up for Jesus, but at what cost?? UPPER ARM SKIN!!!

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 3

I'll be the nit picker and ask why Jinger can't seem to function without clutching Jeremy's arm. There's one pic where they're chatting with a group of kids and she's doing it. It looks so awkward.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'll be the nit picker and ask why Jinger can't seem to function without clutching Jeremy's arm. There's one pic where they're chatting with a group of kids and she's doing it. It looks so awkward.

Playing an internet therapist, I'd guess it's a security blanket of sorts. It's only been a year she's been almost an independent person of sorts and not spending her every moment in a giant pack. 

• Love 12

I suspect Jinger stays close to Jeremy because it makes her feel secure.  She's a grown woman who, prior to her marriage, never left her home without at least one companion.  Think about it.  Like most people on this board, I walked to school alone every day when I was six years old and had to learn to navigate the day on my own.  Of course, there were teachers and others present, but I was responsible for lots of my own choices and decisions.  Jinger and her siblings never had that life experience.  I give her credit for embracing change as much as already has.  Rome was not built in a day.  Wouldn't it be nice to her out shopping or visiting a museum by herself one day?  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Playing an internet therapist, I'd guess it's a security blanket of sorts. It's only been a year she's been almost an independent person of sorts and not spending her every moment in a giant pack. 

The big evil world outside Duggarville is super scary when you’re sheltered and taught to fear All Things Non-Duggar.

• Love 3

I like these two and am glad they are making a fulfilling life for themselves outside of Duggar World. Jinger is beautiful and her hair looks healthy and shiny, it must be those pre natal vitamins. I hear they work wonders! Jer, on the other hand, could use some style tips. Where ever he went to get his hair cut should give him a refund. 

• Love 4

Jinger's wedding reception should have been decorated like that. The venue was an elegant one. I hope Jinger is learning something here....just how low rent her life has been and that her parents have no taste at all.

• Love 8

Please, Jeremy, DON'T let Jinger give you a homemade haircut. ...and please buy a suit that fits, (loose the bow ties unless you're in a tux.

You know, I have to wonder what Jinger is thinking of all these professional women here who are out in the work force attending this dinner and speaking PROFESSIONALLY. They aren't home having babies one after the other and prohibited from an education and a job. It has to make her THINK a little about how she was brought up, doesn't it?

• Love 12

Jinger looks AMAZING! This gives me hope that she might actually where NICE maternity clothes when it comes time. Jinger has come a very long way from the TTH and if Jeremy is the one that helped her break her shell a bit, then I'm all for it. I may not agree with much of his thoughts, but I can't rip him for possibly letting Jinger be an individual of sorts. I know we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but just clothes wise, it's a HUGE step. I don't ever expect Jinger to work, that's just the way they are. She is miles ahead of her teenage pregnant sister and sister in-law. If he puts a 6 month band on the circus visiting after the baby is born(or while being born), he gets an award in my book. As many have said, she won the husband award out of all of them.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Please, Jeremy, DON'T let Jinger give you a homemade haircut. ...and please buy a suit that fits, (loose the bow ties unless you're in a tux.

You know, I have to wonder what Jinger is thinking of all these professional women here who are out in the work force attending this dinner and speaking PROFESSIONALLY. They aren't home having babies one after the other and prohibited from an education and a job. It has to make her THINK a little about how she was brought up, doesn't it?

She'll ask "Babe" and get back to you. 

• Love 12

Cathy said on camera how she could not wait to spoil Jill. I had hope it meant helping Jill with actual modern modest, and professional attire. All Cathy has apparently done is climb aboard the Duggar gravy train to spew her hateful rhetoric.

Diana made no public proclamations (that I’m aware) but I think she and Valerie have either served as models of modern modest, if not actively helped Jinger. Jeremy has a sense of style, but I wonder if and how the Vuolo women have helped Jinger. Is it too much to hope Jinger makes it through her pregnancy without a skin tight blouse delineating her navel, and an ankle length overstretched skirt?

I wonder how Jessa feels about her BFF’s newfound sophisticated style?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Cathy said on camera how she could not wait to spoil Jill. I had hope it meant helping Jill with actual modern modest, and professional attire. All Cathy has apparently done is climb aboard the Duggar gravy train to spew her hateful rhetoric.

Diana made no public proclamations (that I’m aware) but I think she and Valerie have either served as models of modern modest, if not actively help Jinger. Jeremy has a sense of style, but I wonder if and how the Vuolo women have helped Jinger. Is it too much to hope Jinger makes it through her pregnancy without a skin tight blouse delineating her navel, and an ankle length overstretched skirt?

I wonder how Jessa feels about her BFF’s newfound sophisticated style?

Interesting observation!

And I would posit that Jinger has a closer relationship to her MIL than Jill does with Ms. Cathy.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, no skin tight revealing shirt and no arched back, hand on belly pose. Jinger is almost pulling off a Kate Middleton pregnancy so far.

That's funny because I always thought Jinger had a slight resemblance to Kate. 

She looks very confident and at ease on stage. I would absolutely die with pleasure if she and Jeremy make a name for themselves on the Christian speaking circuit while Jessa is stuck in the Mold House, buried under a pile of dirty diapers. 

• Love 14

Churches and other venues would have to be blind to book Jessa for modern modest talks. They have the real thing with Jinger. I have admitted my ungodly, petty nature; I hope Boob and Mullet are having a major case of the vapors. They can’t be happy about Jinger’s new style, and not having her at every look at how many kids we have occasion. Good for Jinger for venturing on stage without her herd, it must feel so foreign. 

• Love 14

I think Jeremy is trying to cover a pretty bad receding hairline with his choice of haircut. 

Overly gelled- sculpted hair seems to be the in thing for guys now though. My son had a version of this before deciding to let his grow into a “flow” for soccer. 

• Love 1

I can't believe how sofisticated she looks. Duggar Academy gave Jinger the equivalent of a middle school education, she must definitely feel out of her element among educated women and young ladies who are more accomplished than her. 

I'm gonna sound like an asshole but I don't know why Jeremy chose Jinger. He's a somewhat handsome, educated guy and could have had his pick of an equally attractive and educated woman but he settled for a stunted girl and the Duggar family as baggage. He managed to polish her looks up but I'm disappointed that he didn't do more for her before he knocked her up. 

Screenshot_20180118-092112.thumb.jpg.ca2cabfa920043799514c710d8e27e17.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Interesting observation!

And I would posit that Jinger has a closer relationship to her MIL than Jill does with Ms. Cathy.

Absolutely, she does not refer to her MIL as Ms. Diana. Funny because people have noted it’s a southern good manners thing. Jill and Jinger had the exact same upbringing.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1

Jeremy picked Jinger because she was meek, and he probably wanted someone he could polish up in order to seek his needs for a dutiful and loving wife. Someone he could bring with him when he does his preacher spiel and look at him with adoring eyes and think the sun does not come up in the morning until he gets out of bed. It is like a teacher and a student. She gets a guy who pays attention to her for the first time in her life and gets her away from the Duggar zoo.

17 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

26685873_2313323712028545_36866718993892

Looks like this was posted yesterday. Jinger looks great, but I detest Jeremy's bow color with the rest of his suit.

More pictures here at Swan 4 Kids.

She really does look better from hair to makeup to clothes.  I think she has had a professional work on her hair and it looks lighter. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, SMama said:

Absolutely, she does not refer to her MIL as Ms. Diana. Funny because people have noted it’s a southern good manners thing. Jill and Jinger has the exact same upbringing.

Here are my thoughts on "Southern good manners" vis-à-vis forms of personal address. Others can feel free to chime in if they disagree.   :-D

Once a child is grown and no longer being coached by a parent ("Junior, say hello to Ms. Portia!"), the onus is on the older adult to tell the younger adult what to call them.  Personally, I think that the younger adult should defer to the wishes of the older adult. My kids' friends called me "Ms. Portia" when they were kids, but when they became young adults, there came a time when I began telling each of them, "Please call me Portia" because I was acknowledging that they were fellow adults and someone I considered to be a friend, not just the friend of my child. Personally, I'd feel a little insulted if one of my kids-in-law insisted on calling me "Ms. Portia" because that's much too formal for the close relationship I have with them.  But if they had called me Ms. Portia since meeting me, and there had never come a day when I asked them to call me only by my first name, I would not be surprised if they continued to append the "Ms." to my name. 

The added complication is that some Southerners were taught to NEVER address any adult older than themselves by first name only. Full stop.  But I think it depends entirely on the relationship and the wishes of the older party. If I meet a 70-something lady at a church social, I'm going to start out calling her "Ms. Lucille." But if she says, "Oh, honey, call me Lucille!", to me that translates to this: "I consider you a peer."  Some people just don't seem to be able to shake the polite form of address, though.  The senior pastor of my church is 20 years my junior, and he insists on calling me "Mrs. Lastname." I have asked him repeatedly to just call me by my first name, pointing out that we are all adults and that he and my husband are peers (serving on the same church staff). I have even gone so far as to say, "It makes me feel old when you call me that." But he just can't (or won't) shake the habit; it's just how he was raised, I suppose.  It's like nails on the chalkboard, and frankly I think it would be a lot more polite of him to observe my request, but I try not to let it bother me too much since he does it with everyone. 

So I guess my question is this: Do we know what the married Duggar girls' MILs have asked to be called? Do we have any evidence that Cathy said "Call me Cathy" but Jill just kept on adding the "Ms."?

Edited by Portia
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, Portia said:

Here are my thoughts on "Southern good manners" vis-à-vis forms of personal address. Others can feel free to chime in if they disagree.   :-D

Once a child is grown and no longer being coached by a parent ("Junior, say hello to Ms. Portia!"), the onus is on the older adult to tell the younger adult what to call them.  Personally, I think that the younger adult should defer to the wishes of the older adult. My kids' friends called me "Ms. Portia" when they were kids, but when they became young adults, there came a time when I began telling each of them, "Please call me Portia" because I was acknowledging that they were fellow adults and someone I considered to be a friend, not just the friend of my child. Personally, I'd feel a little insulted if one of my kids-in-law insisted on calling me "Ms. Portia" because that's much too formal for the close relationship I have with them.  But if they had called me Ms. Portia since meeting me, and there had never come a day when I asked them to call me only by my first name, I would not be surprised if they continued to append the "Ms." to my name. 

The added complication is that some Southerners were taught to NEVER address any adult older than themselves by first name only. Full stop.  But I think it depends entirely on the relationship and the wishes of the older party. If I meet a 70-something lady at a church social, I'm going to start out calling her "Ms. Lucille." But if she says, "Oh, honey, call me Lucille!", to me that translates to this: "I consider you a peer."  Some people just don't seem to be able to shake the polite form of address, though.  The senior pastor of my church is 20 years my junior, and he insists on calling me "Mrs. Lastname." I have asked him repeatedly to just call me by my first name, pointing out that we are all adults and that he and my husband are peers (serving on the same church staff). I have even gone so far as to say, "It makes me feel old when you call me that." But he just can't (or won't) shake the habit; it's just how he was raised, I suppose.  It's like nails on the chalkboard, and frankly I think it would be a lot more polite of him to observe my request, but I try not to let it bother me too much since he does it with everyone. 

So I guess my question is this: Do we know what the married Duggar girls' MILs have asked to be called? Do we have any evidence that Cathy said "Call me Cathy" but Jill just kept on adding the "Ms."?

I think it is a combination of upbringing, location, and preferences. I grew up in NJ and the parents close friends were aunt and uncle. Still refer to them that way. Lived for many years in the south and it is "miss lookeyloo"'. My best friend's children who are grown and have their own children still call me "miss lookeyloo". We are all fine with it. I worked with a judge for a long time. I always called her "judge last name". For yeArs she said "call me first name"' I said to her I just can't. It is unnatural. She understood. My daughter in law calls me Grandma same as the grands. I am fine with that. I called my mother in law by her first name. She was fine with it. So as long as all parties are good seems like that is the way to go. I do wonder what jing calls Mama vuolo 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I'm gonna sound like an asshole but I don't know why Jeremy chose Jinger. He's a somewhat handsome, educated guy and could have had his pick of an equally attractive and educated woman but he settled for a stunted girl and the Duggar family as baggage.

Another asshole here (but we knew that). I'm convinced he chose her because he hopes the Duggar religion-related fame can help him get the career he wants. (and having somebody cute and nice enough who'll do everything he says was gravy.). ....

Do we really think he'd be a speaker on that program in Atlanta today if people didn't know him from Duggardom, via tv and social media, and therefore see him as a draw for their program? ... You're a lot less likely to invite an unknown to speak, even if the unknown has great credentials. Jer's a known. He -- and his inlaws -- have both curiosity-seekers and fans. 

As with Der and Bin, I do think he was attracted to his Duggarling (I don't think any of those guys is really consciously cynical) -- and also is attracted to being a headship with somebody who'll allow it -- but I'm utterly convinced that the career possibilities were a strong draw. ... And it seems to be working. Today, at least. ... He'll need it to work better, of course. And I'm not sure that what gets you speaking invitations also gets you a big-time full-time job. But I'm sure he's hoping that it helps.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Based on her confident demeanor, if I didn't know better, I'd think Jinger has been in this circle all of her life.  She is arguably a jet setter, has a handsome "Preacher" for a husband, a four bedroom home and a stylish wardrobe.  That is the lifestyle I envisioned for Jessa, the "hot" Duggar girl; while  poor Jin Jin would be relegated to the mold house with an average husband and kids. I can't help but believe her sisters are envious. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Absolutely, she does not refer to her MIL as Ms. Diana. Funny because people have noted it’s a southern good manners thing. Jill and Jinger had the exact same upbringing.

But Cathy is southern and Diana is Northern. They may call mom-in-law what she wants. 

• Love 3