Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I suspect that they left him with Cathy. Better than dragging a toddler and an infant all over Texas if you have options. And the Dullards are still living pretty large off of Jilly Muffin's TLC cash (as are the Vuolos with Jinger's money). No way the Vuolos dress and travel as they have on Jeremy's salary.

• Love 15

Why was JD with them? Do they not trust him to go out on his own? Do they think some heathen hussy was trying to get her claws into him. He probably had to stay at the airport and plane hanger while Jill and Derick were at the wedding.  No way can he have some fun on his own without being too tempted. He is wearing a suit, so maybe he did attend the wedding with Jill and Derick.

The Dullards won’t be able to live large for long thanks to Derelict’s stupidity. Who are Aunt Michelle and Uncle Billy?

Jinger’s kitchen is spacious and has appropriate lighting. But man, that is one freaking staged picture.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3

Maybe the aunt and uncle are relatives of Derick. Took me a few looks to realize Jinger has done something different with her hair. I do not care for the kitchen picture because Jill and Jinger's expressions make me stabby.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 1/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, Madtown said:

AND she waited a tiny bit over a YEAR! Once Jessa announces she's onto the 3rd, her pictures will be far more obnoxious. Jill will be near death with a 3rd and she'll have a picture every day. My every hope would be to see a picture of her at an actual doctor for a checkup, THAT would be the most impressive.

Yeah. I was kind of disappointed she didn't have more than a year to get to be part of just a couple with her husband and new found semi-independence, but I have to remind myself in that in her world, that year where she wasn't pregnant might as well have been a decade in their Gothardite culture. So, yay for Jinjer for breaking the mold in some small way.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Where’s Izzy? Poor kid is already forgotten after only  2 kids.

Who do you think took the picture?    

/s

• Love 13

The big disappointment will be the fact this could have been filmed for the show. Darn it! I could picture Jill pretending to be a medical expert, and Derick giving Jeremy advice about being a father. Now I will go cry in my root beer because we will be missing out on these wonderful family moments. *sarcasm inserted here*

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jill's post has more pictures. She needs to stop doing that ridiculous surprised face, she looks like an idiot. 

That's is one tiny church. 

Yikes, one tiny church for sure! I wonder if JD went to the wedding as well, seeing as he's dressed up. Do pilots need a different rating or something to fly at night? And what does gas cost for a flight? I can't imagine its that much cheaper than flying commercial.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So, from the hashtags, it appears that JD doesn't have a social media account.  FFS, he's a grown-ass man.  This bunch just uses him for his flying skills?

I'm so, so, so thankful not to have been born into a fundy family.  

He's not married, what the heck would he post about? Also, I don't think anyone wants to see him post some bare-chested selfie from his bathroom. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

This was the Dillards' first time to Laredo??? I would imagine that the Seewalds have probably been there several times now. 

Jinger and Jill have never stricken me as very close, or close at all for that matter. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger and Jill have never stricken me as very close, or close at all for that matter. 

I suspect Jill is there as “midwife” with her “medical things”.

Hopefully Jinger and Jeremy are just humoring the Duggars and have seen/will be seeing a real medical professional.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I fucking hate myself for even saying this, but Derelict is more attractive than Germy in this photo.

I’m hating myself right along with you.... not that it’s much to choose from 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I fucking hate myself for even saying this, but Derelict is more attractive than Germy in this photo.

Thirty lashes with a wet noodle and off to the prayer closet for you.

1 minute ago, Totally said:

I’m hating myself right along with you.... not that it’s much to choose from 

Off to the prayer closet for you also!

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Thirty lashes with a wet noodle and off to the prayer closet for you.

Off to the prayer closet for you also!

On my way now ...as extra punishment I’m taking tater tots with me 

• Love 7

I noticed Jinger captioned the photo, "We had an amazing last minute surprise visit...."  I'll bet Jill and company figured if they called ahead of time, Jeremy would turn them down.  I'll bet anything Jeremy is gritting his teeth through that smile.

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

There is a colander behind her on her left. The thing at her right hand is a giant egg carton. 

But why? she has had a year to get used to the fact that there a TWO of them. Who needs that many eggs?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

But why? she has had a year to get used to the fact that there a TWO of them. Who needs that many eggs?

Maybe they really like eggs. Who knows? I live alone, and I sometimes buy eighteen eggs at a time. More if I'm planning to cook or bake something that requires eggs. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe the aunt and uncle are relatives of Derick. Took me a few looks to realize Jinger has done something different with her hair. I do not care for the kitchen picture because Jill and Jinger's expressions make me stabby.

Jill has her social media face on completely. Meanwhile Jinger... "I was made to pose like this. Get me out of here. SOS!!! I want out. Send help. I do not want to pose for this picture. SOS!!! She's on the 47th try to get the perfect shot. I said send help and get me out of here!!!"

• Love 18

Nobody was allowed to get close to Jinger - she was Jessa's bitch. Not even the fake Joe/Jinger relationship they tried to sell.

Even though I believe she is deeply religious, I'm starting to think Jinger was biding her time hiding behind Jessa waiting for her moment to jump.

• Love 14

Jill and Jinger are such a strange combination.  The prison snitch and the “rebel” who is the namesake of a snark website and wanted to live in a city with a Walmart. I definitely can’t see those two being close.  Maybe more like roommates who were civil to each other. 

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jill and Jinger are such a strange combination.  The prison snitch and the “rebel” who is the namesake of a snark website and wanted to live in a city with a Walmart. I definitely can’t see those two being close.  Maybe more like roommates who were civil to each other. 

Maybe JD was the one who suggested visiting ..wasnt JD  of Germ’s groomsmen?

• Love 5

And the conversation was Jinger sharing the highlights of the different places she and Jeremy went, while Jill responded it rained a lot overseas. There was a lot of bugs overseas. People die overseas. Even the lady's daughter.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I suspect that they left him with Cathy. Better than dragging a toddler and an infant all over Texas if you have options. And the Dullards are still living pretty large off of Jilly Muffin's TLC cash (as are the Vuolos with Jinger's money). No way the Vuolos dress and travel as they have on Jeremy's salary.

I was just thinking that about Jinger's money vs. Jeremy. They sure do travel a lot!

Now Derelict. I feel nauseated just looking at his smug, self righteous hateful face. I have also written off Jill...she has no sense and no voice apparently, so she complicit in her silence. (but J and D can sure speak up when they want viewers to send them money....maybe she can use it to go to school to be legit CNM? Certified Nurse Midwife? Unfortunately Michelle and Jim Bob's home schooling curriculum didn't cover Biology, Organic Chemistry, Math etc...what a shame for that as well. Keeps the kids complacent

• Love 7

I'm old school when it comes to money and marriage - throw it all and one pot regardless of who earns it. And Jinger, Jessa, Jill and Joy have an experience that not many Fundy wives have - significantly financially contributing to the household. Granted, they probably don't recognize this, but one day they might.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, one tiny church for sure! I wonder if JD went to the wedding as well, seeing as he's dressed up. Do pilots need a different rating or something to fly at night? And what does gas cost for a flight? I can't imagine its that much cheaper than flying commercial.

You need to be rated for instrument flying to fly at night. (since you can't see at night, obviously)  And JD has been for a while -- and has managed not to crash, so that does say something about his care and competence, no matter what anybody thinks of him otherwise.  (not that his record will continue, of course, because who knows? ... but still...) And it's not just the fuel that costs money either, it's the airport fees that you have to pay wherever you set down. They vary a lot, but they can be enormous in some places.

I can only assume that JB figures he can make enough money renting out his fleet of little planes to other pilots to cover the overhead for the family's flying around. But I think the root of JB's buy-planes obsession must mainly be a hard-on for airplanes. I don't see how it can be economics. Well, a hard-on for planes and a hard-on for being in control of everything (and flaunting your presumed wealth by the same gesture).

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Aside from religion, what do Jeremy and Derelict have to talk about? They don't have a thing in common. 

Well, while Derick's is a different flavor, Jer and Der do have the same thing in common that Jer has in common with Bin -- religious career and status ambitions that they hope their wives' fame will propel them toward. And they're also both all-in modern-day Calvinist Baptists these days, too. So while I can't actually imagine them talking, I think they have as much to talk about as Jer and Bin do. The exact same stuff actually. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I can demolish a dozen eggs a week by myself, so if both Jinger and Jeremy like eggs, buying 18-24 at a time isn't more than a week or two worth of breakfasts. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I was just thinking that about Jinger's money vs. Jeremy. They sure do travel a lot!

Now Derelict. I feel nauseated just looking at his smug, self righteous hateful face. I have also written off Jill...she has no sense and no voice apparently, so she complicit in her silence. (but J and D can sure speak up when they want viewers to send them money....maybe she can use it to go to school to be legit CNM? Certified Nurse Midwife? Unfortunately Michelle and Jim Bob's home schooling curriculum didn't cover Biology, Organic Chemistry, Math etc...what a shame for that as well. Keeps the kids complacent

Jill does not need anymore education. She is a certified midwife in her own mind. She would need a lot of help, and I seriously doubt she would take any type of formal education in the real world seriously.

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, both Jinger and Jill were well over 21 when they got married. Nothing close to Kendrab and poor little Lauren. 

I was referring to their emotional not chronological ages. Although it appears Jinger is doing better than Jill did away from the compound.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And the conversation was Jinger sharing the highlights of the different places she and Jeremy went, while Jill responded it rained a lot overseas. There was a lot of bugs overseas. People die overseas. Even the lady's daughter.

Joyless Jill can’t enjoy any trip, but then she doesn’t understand that Central America from the US is not “overseas”. Jinger is much more about the enjoying the experience.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I was referring to their emotional not chronological ages. Although it appears Jinger is doing better than Jill did away from the compound.

I still don't want to judge Jill as being the proven, absolute-worst Duggar in that regard, though, until somebody else goes away from the compound in the same way she did -- in a country with a truly different culture, where the native Duggar language isn't spoken, and where the Duggar in question is supposed to at least look as if she's working at some kind of profession (as we have always judged Jill on not acting like a missionary.).

Jingle's in an English-speaking, quite standard U.S. city, and doesn't even seem to be called upon to do any work at the tiny American church her husband pastors -- at least we've never seen her in any such role. So, yeah, she's doing better than Jill has. But have they been subjected to remotely comparable stresses and challenges or asked to play very comparable roles? I don't think they have in the least.

So for me the jury's out about whether other Duggarlings would also crumble if they had to do exactly what Jill had to do, or not. Jingle might shine in a foreign mission or perhaps she wouldn't. I don't think we have any way to know at this point. Even in Phila, though, she seems to have to hold on to Jeremy's arm a lot. 

• Love 17
On 1/29/2018 at 10:26 AM, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but JD is scary looking in the picture. Trying to figure out Jill's outfit, but she does look better.

To me he always looks like he's thinking about french fried potaters. He's always given me the creeps. 

17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, both Jinger and Jill were well over 21 when they got married. Nothing close to Kendrab and poor little Lauren. 

Who is Lauren? 

• Love 4