Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think she's having a girl.  She's carrying high.

I had 2 girls. Carried one high, one low. I'm thinking boy for Jinger.

3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wanna see someone compare their growing baby to something I can relate to like fast food. The baby starts out the size of a chicken McNugget, then it's the size of an onion ring.  Then it's a Jr. Whopper then a Big Mac, followed by a quart of fried rice, eventually  arriving at two piece and a biscuit on your due date. 

I'd consider having a baby #3 if someone put together THAT pregnancy countdown. 

• Love 16

Pictures are OK, but I wouldn't splash them all over social media.

I like seeing updates like this from my friends. We all lead busy lives, and we don't see each other in person as much as we'd like to. Baby bump pictures, baby pictures, even hipster food pictures help us feel like we're still in each other's lives, and it's all opt in. But for Jinger, this is more than that. The majority of Vuolo money presumably comes from Counting On. Even if she thinks it's silly and hates it, she'd still be encouraged to smile and create a cute picture for the camera because that's how she can keep her followers and thus the interest to keep the show. So this type of thing is literally her job.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Mollie said:

The next is 19 weeks and it's a tomato.

https://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-19-weeks_1108.bc

1a.jpg

Since when is a tomato bigger than a bell pepper? 

6 hours ago, magpye29 said:

You're blowing my mind, Mollie!  How can we go from graduated-in-size round things to something long and skinny?  That's just crazy talk!

Apparently this list was made up by someone as familiar with real food, grocery shopping, cooking, as the Duggars are. .... They would have used cans to describe it -- but most cans are the same size. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

So...does everyone use the same fruit and vegetables for these comparisons?  I'm an old geezer who doesn't do Instagram or Snapchat (my grands do though) so I only see what's posted here.

But I would like to think if I was doing this back in the day (by cracky) when I was pregnant (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I'd want to come up with a different thing to draw for each update than everyone else is using.

Surely (and don't call me Shirley) people get tried of seeing all those babies compared to apples, bell peppers, etc. Why not change it up a bit and use kumquats or pomegranates or something to be different?

Now get off of my lawn.

These are apparently people who don't actually know the normal relative sizes of two of the most commonly used vegetables in America -- tomatoes and bell peppers. And who think that bananas are comparable in shape to the aforementioned vegetables. I guess it'd be a big stretch to think that they'd even heard of kumquats and pomegranates. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess it'd be a big stretch to think that they'd even heard of kumquats and pomegranates. 

I think it would be a blast to cook a meal for one of the Dugger couples - NOT Boob and J'chelle and use things like spiralized zucchini noodles with fresh made ingredients that they have probably never heard of.  And then ask them to do the dishes, since we cooked.  Snort

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

These are apparently people who don't actually know the normal relative sizes of two of the most commonly used vegetables in America -- tomatoes and bell peppers. 

In fairness, they specify (and picture) an heirloom tomato, which is typically a lot bigger than a regular tomato - or bell pepper.

They really should have picked something more people are familar with.  Most people think of a tomato as being smaller than a bell pepper and it makes no sense to be coming in line afterwards. But now that I think about it I'm kind of having trouble thinking of something that's the same size as an heirloom tomato. Cantaloupesare too big . Turnips too small. An artichoke? Yeah an artichoke lol

Clearly I know more about the relative sizes of various fast foods than I do that of vegetables.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In fairness, they specify (and picture) an heirloom tomato, which is typically a lot bigger than a regular tomato - or bell pepper.

They really should have picked something more people are familar with.  Most people think of a tomato as being smaller than a bell pepper and it makes no sense to be coming in line afterwards. But now that I think about it I'm kind of having trouble thinking of something that's the same size as an heirloom tomato. Cantaloupesare too big . Turnips too small. An artichoke? Yeah an artichoke lol

Clearly I know more about the relative sizes of various fast foods than I do that of vegetables.

Rutabaga?  Jicama? Chayote squash?  Yes when the Olympics aren't on I live on cooking shows on TV.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wanna see someone compare their growing baby to something I can relate to like fast food. The baby starts out the size of a chicken McNugget, then it's the size of an onion ring. 

A friend of mine did once describe her unborn baby as being the size of a Twinkie.  Does that count?

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Grapefruit.

• Love 9

I think she's having a boy, since the chalkboard"baby" writing is blue.

In the recent Instagram photo, the caption says "Sunday".  So is Jinger just leaving for church, or just returning, in skinny pants?

Pants around and about is one thing, but a Duggar woman wearing pants to church is another thing. Even though we wore pants to church since  back in the 1970's, it still surprised me.

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, louannems said:

I think she's having a boy, since the chalkboard"baby" writing is blue.

I am hoping it's a girl.  I have a feeling Jinger's "fabulous" lifestyle has Jessa teetering on the edge.  Pretty sure that would push her over.   

• Love 16

The paci is blue on my surface.

A kumquat is really small, wouldn't it be in the 'don't tell 'til its safe' stage?  If someone told me their unborn was the size of abanana, I would think it's no longer in a fetal position and stretching out, but also thinking, 'aren't you eating enough for that poor thing?'  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Catlyn said:

The paci is blue on my surface.

A kumquat is really small, wouldn't it be in the 'don't tell 'til its safe' stage?  If someone told me their unborn was the size of abanana, I would think it's no longer in a fetal position and stretching out, but also thinking, 'aren't you eating enough for that poor thing?'  

Ahh..you outed my secret. I've never seen nor tasted a kumquat in my life, and just picked it for the funny sounding name.

Screenshot_20180220-222008.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
Had to Google it..for some reason I thought it'd be brown
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

He shaved his facial hair. 

And I never thought I'd see a Duggar girl in hooker heels. Those suckers are high! 

I saw an old episode where Michele took a bunch of the girls shoe shopping. She said there was NO MODESTY when it came to shoes. Also, I wish Jinger would stop flat ironing hair and let it be curly. She just keeps damaging it. 

• Love 1
On 2/20/2018 at 11:29 AM, bob.loblaw said:

Coming out of lurkdom to say they have an app for that!  I don't know what it's called but my sister used it while pregnant with my niece.  It went from M&M to bag of chips to a full bucket of KFC by 40 weeks.  We were both pregnant at the same time and thought it was hilarious.  

I was just going to say this! Ha! I used that app because 1) it's hilarious and I needed something to laugh at while uncomfortable and pregnant; and 2) I never *knew* offhand how many weeks along I was when people asked and the app kept track of that for me so I didn't have to do the math in my head. (Although I guess if I had kept track of it week by week on my chalkboard, I'd have known off hand exactly how many weeks I was.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, VegasDenise said:

I saw an old episode where Michele took a bunch of the girls shoe shopping. She said there was NO MODESTY when it came to shoes.

I wonder how she feels now after that photo of Derrick rubbing Jilly Beans feet with a look on his face of a foot fettish?  :-)

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 4

Aren't Jinger's shoes the wedges she has worn before?  I'm sure she wore them in at least one sister's wedding & also in a family picture with the elder Vuolos.  But they are still much much higher than the usual Duggar girl shoes.  I think we discussed  whether they were wedges or spike heels before.  

• Love 9

Jinger's tan wedges are the equivalent to Jessa's brown sandals. She wore them them to Joe's, Joy's, Jessa's wedding and has been pictured wearing them often.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, VegasDenise said:

Also, I wish Jinger would stop flat ironing hair and let it be curly. She just keeps damaging it. 

I totally agree. I love Jinger’s curly hair, and it suited her so much better than the thin, straggly, ironed hair.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

I totally agree. I love Jinger’s curly hair, and it suited her so much better than the thin, straggly, ironed hair.

Her hair looks dry and unhealthy. Jinger really needs to have her hair cut and styled.  She should take an example from the Duchess of Cambridge who had 7" cut off and donated the hair to a children's charity that makes wigs for cancer patients.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5321007/Duchess-Cambridge-donates-hair-cancer-charity.html

1a.jpg

• Love 11

I've noticed in the last two or three months that Jinger's hair has developed some shine and it's less dull and dry until the last three or four inches.  I agree she needs at least a six inch trim though.  The ends are bad.

• Love 7

My grand daughter has donated her hair several times to cancer charities and they are very strict about the condition of the hair and the chemicals that have been used. Not sure if the Duggar girls’ hair would qualify.

• Love 14
On 2/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, ChiCricket said:

So...does everyone use the same fruit and vegetables for these comparisons?  I'm an old geezer who doesn't do Instagram or Snapchat (my grands do though) so I only see what's posted here.

But I would like to think if I was doing this back in the day (by cracky) when I was pregnant (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I'd want to come up with a different thing to draw for each update than everyone else is using.

Surely (and don't call me Shirley) people get tried of seeing all those babies compared to apples, bell peppers, etc. Why not change it up a bit and use kumquats or pomegranates or something to be different?

Now get off of my lawn.

HA!  We say that a lot in House of Natalie!  As well as get off my lawn!

Apples, bananas, kumquats, at least Jinger is dressing like her own person and not in the Duggar uniform.  

On 2/18/2018 at 7:50 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

So one could also say its a taco or taco bel grande depending on how many weeks it is.  Carrying large?  You are having a Wendy's Baconator.  

• Love 8

Jinger liked Ashley Salyer's post where she's showing off her new haircut. If only Jinger had the guts to do this, but Jeremy seems like the type who would tell her he prefers long hair, if she ever brought it up.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I've noticed in the last two or three months that Jinger's hair has developed some shine and it's less dull and dry until the last three or four inches.  I agree she needs at least a six inch trim though.  The ends are bad.

Prenatal vitamins are good for that. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

He's been taking pointers from Jill for the photo face - ugh

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Drumroll for Jeremy's new face

jeremy.png

Jeremy look like the 1950's.  Is slicked back, greased hair fashionable now?  YUK!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jinger liked Ashley Salyer's post where she's showing off her new haircut. If only Jinger had the guts to do this, but Jeremy seems like the type who would tell her he prefers long hair, if she ever brought it up.

Deva girl here. I use all their products and just got my first deva cut. My hair is much curlier than this though. You can  wear your hair any length you prefer. They cut your hair dry and shape it based on how your individual curls fall. Jinger  would look great with a slightly longer deva cut and her natural curls. Actually, I would love to see her in this length, but she could go longer if she was afraid to go this short.  She definitely needs to cut off all the damaged ends though. 

Eta: It’s hard to find someone trained to do a devacut outside of NY and Los Angeles, but hopefully she could find someone near Laredo.  It only needs to be cut 2-4 times a year. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 9

Above post won’t let me edit for some reason, but I checked their website and there is no deva stylist within 50 miles of Laredo and none in Arkansas. Just as well, the cuts are not cheap. Ashley looks great though. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, EVS said:

Deva girl here. I use all their products and just got my first deva cut. My hair is much curlier than this though. You can  wear your hair any length you prefer. They cut your hair dry and shape it based on how your individual curls fall. Jinger  would look great with a slightly longer deva cut and her natural curls. Actually, I would love to see her in this length, but she could go longer if she was afraid to go this short.  She definitely needs to cut off all the damaged ends though. 

Eta: It’s hard to find someone trained to do a devacut outside of NY and Los Angeles, but hopefully she could find someone near Laredo.  It only needs to be cut 2-4 times a year. 

Curly hair here too. I've heard about the deva cut and the company's products, but it isn't easy to find trained stylists in most areas, nor is it cheap. I get my hair cut at Supercuts, and it generally turns out fine. At this point, the first step for Jinger is to chop off those mangled ends and start fresh from there.

• Love 5

I'll have to discuss the deva cut with my newly licensed cosmetologist niece. It sounds  very interesting . I agree Jinger would look much better with a shorter cut that would bring out her waves & curls. Also like someone said, shorter is much easier to take care of with a baby.  Don't know how the Duggar girls stand babies' hands grabbing & getting caught up in their long mops. It was bad enough when  my son was a baby & would grab and pull my shoulder length hair. 

I'm sure headship Jeremy does have a say in Jinge's hair.  Mr. Barb likes longer hair & I've worn mine shoulder length or longer for most of our married life mainly cuz I just like it that length & not just to please him.  I have had times when I needed a change & had it cut shorter.  Now I wear it shorter because it's easier for me to take care of & I'm one of those who think older women should wear their hair on shorter side. Hey, we all can't look as good as longer haired Cheryl Tiegs or Christie Brinkley at their ages. (Christie happens to be Mr Barb's other woman for as long as I've known him.) 

One of my favorite nurses at my therapy rehab ctr (who was 64) had long hair that went all the way down her back.  The color varied in different shades from light brown to gray, it was very dried out & she wore it either in a harshly pulled back pony or braid, which still got in her way.  All I could think of was this is how the Duggar & other Fundie women will end up looking like.  Back to my nurse, I kept picturing her with a nice short bob, much more attractive & easier to care for.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 6