Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it's all part of Gothardism. The parents tell the children (and everyone else) that they are all "best friends" regardless of the reality. Since they have no other frame of reference, they believe that its must be true and that any negative feelings they have for each other should be suppressed. Meanwhile, Gothard's teachings pit the siblings against one another in a sad and desperate attempt to win some scrap of attention or affection from their parents. I think you could be right, and this could be another FU Internet ploy, but it could also be the Jill is just as clueless as she appears to be and assumes that Jinger will be thrilled to see her coming through the door.

Either that or they sent their grown adult snitch to "spy" on their grown adult rebel.  Gotta make sure Jinger isn't running around Laredo in a halter top and booty shorts!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Well, he's not entirely wrong. Just about 99% wrong. I haven't read the book but I'm guessing he's using the examples of Ernst Röhm and Rudolf Hess, both close friends of Hitler, to make his point. Both has been rumoured to be gay (Röhm pretty definitely was, as were apparently a number of his senior officers in the SA but don't quote me on that) and at least initially they were very influential in the Nazi party. Hess remained friendly with Hitler but Röhm was executed and his brownshirts essentially destroyed during The Night of the Long Knives. And thousands of gay people were later sent to the camps. So, this Anzen fella isn't technically lying, he's just being very very selective with his facts. Bullshitting, in other words. /steps off history minor soapbox

It isn't really a history book as much as it's a book about a certain fundamentalist-Christian theory about human sexuality and how homosexuality is some sort of incomparable affront to God's natural law.

The book lays out a particular thesis about the relationship between homosexuality and evil, and violence, just in general terms. It goes much farther than citing the well-known stuff about some Nazis being homosexual and about the nature of those particular guys and their level of power in the group. It actually posits that homosexuality was the driving cause of the most of the evil, the militarism, the level of violence, saying that Hitler too, among many others, was homosexual. The authors basically argue that rampant homosexuality among Nazis was a primary cause of their being violent and that the regime didn't persecute homosexuals but only those that were too effeminate to go along with the violence, basically.They also argue that most serial killers, in all places, are homosexual.

It's more about the idea that homosexuality is a satanic evil influence that's among the most powerful evil influences that exist. It all arises from the theology that the whole Duggar and Duggar-adjacent clan are into, which for some reason fixates on homosexuality as the most offensive thing in the universe to God. A violation of God's natural laws from which a large proportion of all evil flows. You really have to wonder what it is about all these men that makes them so so so so so upset about this. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It actually posits that homosexuality was the driving cause of the most of the evil, the militarism, the level of violence, saying that Hitler too, among many others, was homosexual.

Lothar Machtan had some interesting theories concerning the latter, though I'm not sure he convinced me.

It really is fascinating how this lot manages to take historical fact, somewhat shaky theories and coincidences; sprinkle it with their own brand of fanaticism and hey presto, SATANIC EBIL GAY AGENDA! With added bonus of no longer having to be on the same side as the nazis on the issue. Well played.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger is in Arkansas, which means they must be filming a big announcement 

Where's Precious Josie? Is that Hannie on far left?  Well whatever J'girl it is, I think she looks like cousin Famy. Think it's the eyes. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Hannie is in the middle. I think that's Jenni on the far left and Jordyn sitting right beside Jinger. Correct me if I'm wrong!

That is correct. I think Jenni looks like Jana. Hannie, unfortunately, looks like Josh.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger is in Arkansas, which means they must be filming a big announcement 

*Jinger over the PA*

"I'm just here for the paycheck!"

*She grabs Jeremy and JD and promptly leaves for the airport*

• Love 7
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

*Jinger over the PA*

"I'm just here for the paycheck!"

*She grabs Jeremy and JD and promptly leaves for the airport*

She flew up on her own dime this time. The plane hasn't gone anywhere in over a week. I DO fully expect to see it flying this Wednesday up to Michigan and back for the Valentine's Day shindig that Boobchelle are attending. 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She flew up on her own dime this time. The plane hasn't gone anywhere in over a week. I DO fully expect to see it flying this Wednesday up to Michigan and back for the Valentine's Day shindig that Boobchelle are attending. 

Yep. He had a insta-story from the flight. Pictured Jinger with a seatbelt extender that was on her lap, making the clever pregnant lady joke about it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

For Jeremy, this is short and to the point. He doesn't even say that he loves her! 

Why does no one in this family mention I love you to their spouses????  Also Jeremy, lose those shoes - you're moving into Derrick territory there.  Lose the sweater as well.  Jacket, shirt and pants.  Because if Jinger is in a short sleeve dress, why are you trying to look like Kuthrapali from Big Bang in 3 layers???

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

Why does no one in this family mention I love you to their spouses????  Also Jeremy, lose those shoes - you're moving into Derrick territory there.  Lose the sweater as well.  Jacket, shirt and pants.  Because if Jinger is in a short sleeve dress, why are you trying to look like Kuthrapali from Big Bang in 3 layers???

His shoes actually mesh pretty well. As far as his layers and her lack thereof, maybe he's cold and she's not, maybe she took off a cardigan or coat for the photo. BFD. They both look stylish and happy. 

• Love 15

But, if he would have written that he loved her,  some of us would say OMG, why can't he keep that thought private and personal, and not share it on SM?! 

(can't believe I'm defending one of them, I'd better take my temperature.)

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

IMHO, they should not even be posting these things. I mean, sheesh, be like me and tell your spouse IN PERSON “Happy Valentine’s Day” and “I love you.” No need to post it on social media. SMH. 

Have I told you how much I like you? Of course the Duggars have to splash it all over social media because they are special snowflakes who need to show us heathens how to be romantic.

I guess that it may be the culture and area I grew up in and the other one I now live in, but men in dress type clothing - aka - not jeans, wear brown shoes with ONLY brown, khaki or like an olive green colored pants.   Brown shoes were/ are NEVER worn with pants in the blue/grey/black spectrum - those get black, navy or dark grey shoes.  So for me, Jeremy's brown shoes with blue pants is a fail like someone wearing socks with sandals - a wet noodle whipping offense  :-)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

For Jeremy, this is short and to the point. He doesn't even say that he loves her! 

4 hours ago, Heathen said:

His shoes actually mesh pretty well. As far as his layers and her lack thereof, maybe he's cold and she's not, maybe she took off a cardigan or coat for the photo. BFD. They both look stylish and happy. 

Yes- I think their outfits look nice. Some people are more cold blooded and enjoy more clothes (I am one of those people). 

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am in shock! Complete you could knock me over with a feather shock! No mention of Jesus, God or giving romantic advice.

Whooooo!! This was a nice, normal, socially appropriate Valentine’s Day post. 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger got Jesusy. 

Why just why?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jeremy almost has a bite like Dreck. Except a big gob full of crowded rabbity teeth. Something wrong with that bite.  I finally got a look at that maw of his.

I'm surprised braces haven't been slapped on him yet. They didn't waste any time with Anna and Derick.

• Love 4

Is that a baby countdown (or how far she is along)on blackboard behind Jer in picture? I can't imagine having to bother with that. ( I know she has nothing else to do.) 

I'm old, when I was pregnant some 29 years ago, I just counted the weeks in my head. So much easier.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Is that a baby countdown (or how far she is along)on blackboard behind Jer in picture? I can't imagine having to bother with that. ( I know she has nothing else to do.) 

I'm old, when I was pregnant some 29 years ago, I just counted the weeks in my head. So much easier.

It's what a lot of pregnant ladies are doing these days. How else would people remember she's pregnant if she doesn't post weekly pictures in front of her countdown board. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Think about how she was raised though. She doesn't actually know how to express an emotion that isn't framed in Jesus terms. 

Oh my. I need to start a Go Fund Me. I want to manufacture and sell Fundy dolls. Pull the cord in their back and hear Phundy Phrases. Season of life, god fearing, finding strength, instant obedience, walking through hard times ...

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. I need to start a Go Fund Me. I want to manufacture and sell Fundy dolls. Pull the cord in their back and hear Phundy Phrases. Season of life, god fearing, finding strength, instant obedience, walking through hard times ...

don't forget "blessing!" and "special!"

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It's what a lot of pregnant ladies are doing these days. How else would people remember she's pregnant if she doesn't post weekly pictures in front of her countdown board. 

Mommy blogs, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest have led to this phenomenon of posting intimate details that girls/women used to write in their diaries and maybe share with a few close friends. I suspect at some point in the next 10 years, we'll be putting micro-video recorders inside the uterus so real-time growth can be posted to social media.

• Love 11

I've literally seen a pregnant woman excitedly proclaim on Facebook that birth must be imminent because she's lost her mucus plug.  So yeah, anything goes!   (I just thanked my lucky stars she didn't include a photo.)

• Love 17

Brown shoes were/ are NEVER worn with pants in the blue/grey/black spectrum - those get black, navy or dark grey shoes.

I used to think that too, but a few months ago, while watching Bill Mahr's show, I commented that both Bill and his first guest were wearing brown shoes with navy pants, and a family member told me that's the new style now for menswear.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I know, I just don't find it exciting as the soon to be mom/parents do esp the part how big baby is at that time.

I'm an old fuddy duddy. I still like the surprise of finding out baby's sex at birth & can't stand gender reveal announcement parties/celebrations.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I used to think that too, but a few months ago, while watching Bill Mahr's show, I commented that both Bill and his first guest were wearing brown shoes with navy pants, and a family member told me that's the new style now for menswear.

I think all that kind of thing goes in and out more than we ever remember after decades have passed.

I remember that in the '50s my very dapper grandfather, who was the head customer-relations guy for a biggish consumer-facing company, routinely wore his really nice brown shoes with a really nice blue suit. And I'm certain he wouldn't have done that were it not the style. 

• Love 13

I thought brown shoes with navy pants was a long standing permitted fashion “thing”. 

Those hideous old man pants are the real fashion crime. 

11 hours ago, louannems said:

Is it just my screen or does Jeremy have some serious plaque and tartar on those teeth?

I swear he’s a bleacher. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I thought brown shoes with navy pants was a long standing permitted fashion “thing”. 

I swear he’s a bleacher. 

I agree, while I don’t think it looks fabulous,  I thought the big menswear never-do was, to wear a brown suit.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I swear he’s a bleacher. 

I think those front ones could be crowns or all-out falsies from his soccer playing days. They're so much whiter than the rest.  

• Love 1

I don't think there are any real fashion crimes, outside of not mixing patterns and colors to the point of looking like a circus clown. I was at a church wedding a few months ago that had guests dressed from tuxes to jeans and everything in-between. Nobody cared. But, I live in the wilds of Idaho where clean jeans and a flannel shirt are an acceptable fancy dinner outfit.

• Love 15