Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

so were JereME and Jingle guests on that radio show?

Edit:

Jeremy on radio 2015

Apparently jeremy blathers on for 2 hours. I listened for a few minutes and he is talking about his sins. I might listen and see if he spills any secrets. 

Two hours??

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Two hours???

It says 1:59.  That has to be 2 hours right? No one minute and 59 seconds...that doesn't make sense, does it? 

I hope it is 2 hours because Jeremy could spill some tea. 

Edit: Just checked. Yes. TWO hours with our favorite poser, JereME Vuolo! 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

It says 1:59.  That has to be 2 hours right? No one minute and 59 seconds...that doesn't make sense, does it? 

I hope it is 2 hours because Jeremy could spill some tea. 

So... it must have been Jer's dad who brought him to Arnzen's attention back in December 2015 to do this interview? .... And I guess his dad also brought him to the attention of the planting pastor in San Antonio, as well... at least based on the fact that Chuck's spoken at the San Antonio church several times since Jer arrived there.... 

Well, Jer had better make it as a prominent Calvinist pretty quickly, then. He's got both the Duggar fame and his father's apparently pretty assiduous efforts propelling him, and his dad's efforts have been going on for a while, looks like.. ...... This bears out my suspicion that he's really  got high hopes for big things in the trendy world of Baptist Calvinism. Until now, though, I hadn't noticed just how hard and long his dad seems to have been pushing him. He really is a boring speaker, though. That's not going to help him. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

When would any of those men want to hear what Jeremy has to say about anything really? He has very slight life experience and no education in religion.

I’m wondering the same...in what areas is he an expert, to lead breakout sessions or speak st a conference?  No education in the field, and half hearted, sort-of pastoring a little church for a couple years. Sounds like HE needs to be quiet, listen and learn, instead of talking so much. 

• Love 16

So, how long have they known these people who they continually describe as their 'dear friends'? EVERYOME can't be your 'dear' friend. They're full of themselves.

Jinger obviously had her hair done professionally for that event. Jeremy, on the other hand, is becoming 'Duggarized". He looks awful. He looks like a little boy with bad hair cut, a bow tie and a 'too small suit'. Sorry to see that happen to him.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So, how long have they known these people who they continually describe as their 'dear friends'? EVERYOME can't be your 'dear' friend. They're full of themselves.

Dear friends are fawning Duggar lovers who are into the correct Jesus just like the Duggars. Possibly what most would call an acquaintance, but since hanging with anyone Not Duggar was rarely allowed.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, XrystalPond said:

I have nightmares of that. I ended up getting a room in a sketchy hotel where my tv choices included Adult Entertainment Awards, Twilight, or TLC. 

Crazy how snow "events" affect different US regions. We're in the bullseye for between 3-30 inches Sunday into late Monday here in the upper Midwest. We need to pick up new shovels and gas for the plow, but other than that we're resigned to our fate. Planning on working from home Monday.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m wondering the same...in what areas is he an expert, to lead breakout sessions or speak st a conference?  No education in the field, and half hearted, sort-of pastoring a little church for a couple years. Sounds like HE needs to be quiet, listen and learn, instead of talking so much. 

Exactly! If I were to pay for a conference, I would expect expert, professional speakers with years of experience and education under their belts.

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jinger obviously had her hair done professionally for that event. Jeremy, on the other hand, is becoming 'Duggarized". He looks awful. He looks like a little boy with bad hair cut, a bow tie and a 'too small suit'. Sorry to see that happen to him.

I'm not sorry, but I am surprised at just how silly he looks.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly! If I were to pay for a conference, I would expect expert, professional speakers with years of experience and education under their belts.

I'm not sorry, but I am surprised at just how silly he looks.

There is definitely a soccer dude style.  The whole haircut and tapered skinny pants thing. My fifteen-year-old embraces it.  To me, Jeremy hasn't been able to consistently translate that into the adult, professional world.   

Thinking of work conferences I've attended and trying to understand what Jeremy brings to the table. Ah, nepotism. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Catfin said:

Crazy how snow "events" affect different US regions. We're in the bullseye for between 3-30 inches Sunday into late Monday here in the upper Midwest. We need to pick up new shovels and gas for the plow, but other than that we're resigned to our fate. Planning on working from home Monday.

I admit being ignorant to the topography of midwestern states. I’ve only ever been to Oklahoma and Texas. My experience there is that it really freaking flat. Atlanta is a good two hours away from the North Georgia mountains, but it’s ridiculously hilly. Hills, untreated roads, and people who only experience ice/snow every few years is a disaster waiting to happen. 

I’m putting on my clairvoyant panties and guessing that they stayed at the Omni or the W.  That would put them in walking distance to all the places they were scheduled to be. I’m putting more money on the Omni because I’ve stayed there and they serve the water Jeremy posted. 

• Love 1

Clearly, Daddy Vuolo set Jeremy up in the minister/pastor business. Jeremy is NOT educated, or qualified to speak on these matters yet. I wouldn't be so full of myself if I were him. He needs to get himself educated in a seminary before advertising himself as some expert putting down other Christian denominations..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It's weird because Jeremy is usually well put-together. I've never seen him looking so wrinkled and disheveled. It also looks like he's put on a few pounds and his suit no longer fits. 

He's allowed, just by being male.   If Jin doesn't take off the baby weight within days, I would bet she'd be slammed, from everyone.  Witness asswipe Smuggar and his dumb adoring wife.

• Love 3

It's weird because Jeremy is usually well put-together. I've never seen him looking so wrinkled and disheveled. It also looks like he's put on a few pounds and his suit no longer fits. 

I'm going to have to defend him on the suit. I work in the financial district of large metropolis. All the young bankers and lawyers and such are sporting this slim suit style. I'm not saying it's a good look, just that Babe is on trend. 

The hair, however...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Clearly, Daddy Vuolo set Jeremy up in the minister/pastor business. Jeremy is NOT educated, or qualified to speak on these matters yet. I wouldn't be so full of myself if I were him. He needs to get himself educated in a seminary before advertising himself as some expert putting down other Christian denominations..

WWJD?  I'm sure he wouldn't talk smack about Catholics, or other denominations, either.  Jer isn't credible.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’m surprised there were as many people there as we saw. I was just able to get out of my driveway yesterday and then it was sketchy at best. Metro Atlanta doesn’t play and shuts down when a flake falls from the sky. Was it 2013 where everyone was stuck on the interstate?

2014. I remember because I had gone to a recruiter that morning to find a new job (my boss was having to let me go for financial reasons so he knew all about it).   I got into work around noon and about 2:30 he had to go pick his kids up from the school. He called me and told me it was OK to go ahead and leave.  I drove past 285 to get home and saw what it looked like so I stayed on the side road.  It was slow, but at least I was moving, unlike the traffic on 285.  

I had no idea Jin/Jer were in the area, but there is no way I could have emotionally or physically been able to handle listen to Jer brag about himself. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

He's allowed, just by being male.   If Jin doesn't take off the baby weight within days, I would bet she'd be slammed, from everyone.  Witness asswipe Smuggar and his dumb adoring wife.

That's what I was thinking. Remember what smuggar looked like pre-babies? But men are allowed to gain weight with babies, and if they cheat, their women better get skinny again! Anna was so horribly thin when smuggar was in Jesus jail. Now that Jinge is pregnant, Jeremy's baby weight is right on time!

it worked the other way with Derick, though. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He also looks like he suddenly has a serious receding hairline going on.  Does his slightly longer hair hide the balding area?

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

He also looks like he suddenly has a serious receding hairline going on.  Does his slightly longer hair hide the balding area?

I loathe his haircut.  He looks like a peeled onion, IMO. That makes his giant gob full of rabbity teeth stand out more.  That said, he still oks better than Dreck and most of the Duggar males.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think so. I remember it looked like his hair might be receding during his courtship with Jingle, but it's much more obvious now. I can't tell if it's the styling or he's losing it at a rapid rate. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Tell me they (or someone in their camp) doesn't read here -- it's been fixed!

i have long wondered about that - for several reasons.  i don't think they would understand snark or even differing thoughts and opinions. i would wonder if they read here, would they get their feelings all hurt reading our 'opinions' of them? honestly, i think i if read all this stuff about me, i would be devastated. but then i don't live in a bubble either.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Tell me they (or someone in their camp) doesn't read here -- it's been fixed!

The mistake has been reported elsewhere, too. It does not mean a Duggar or Duggar employee reads here. 

• Love 1
On 1/20/2018 at 0:39 AM, Kokapetl said:

I’ve bewn watching the new Star Trek Discovery show. Jeremy looks just like the Ash Tyler guy:

star-trek-discovery-ash-tyler-1046991.jp

Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

He’s just been revealed to be a Klingon with plastic surgery.

Gah! No! Don't defile my love of Ash Tyler/Shazad Latif by comparing him to Jeremy. I'm going to need to go watch STD to get this terrible comparison out of my head. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I'm going to have to defend him on the suit. I work in the financial district of large metropolis. All the young bankers and lawyers and such are sporting this slim suit style. I'm not saying it's a good look, just that Babe is on trend. 

The hair, however...

It’s true. The suit is right in style, sad but true.

• Love 3

OK, being honest.

I am listening to Jeremy's 2 hour radio interview.  He is actually OK.  He is warm, engaging, well spoken and sounds like a decent guy.  My opinion of Jeremy, SO FAR, has improved.  Ii'm kinda disappointed in that.  I love snarking on jereME. I might have to tone it down now.

So far, no scandals. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3
On 1/20/2018 at 0:28 PM, mimionthebeach said:

The hair, however...

I was watching the Property Brothers recently, and that’s definitely how they dress. (Apparently I don’t actually know anyone that wears a suit regularly, anymore. Mr. Genévrier is a technology guy; when he’s feeling particularly formal, he might wear chinos and a button down shirt to work. With sneakers.)  ?

On 12/29/2017 at 8:20 AM, TVFAN said:

On a different note, I think Jeremy could further his career a bit more if he were assigned to a large church as an assistant minister.  Given his lack of education in the ministry, an apprenticeship would do him a world of good.  Unless he can really make this satellite church grow, I fear he will be doomed to a career at similar small, struggling churches. I know there has been some talk of an interest in publishing, and that might be a better route for him.  

I agree. The church I used to go to had a tradition of putting new pastors in satellite churches or in churches whose numbers had dropped to the point they were no longer self-sufficient. The thought was that new, young blood would bring in the young families needed to make a church grow. Reality is that few of these plants were a success because the new preacher was overwhelmed everything it takes to build and run a church. Spending a couple of years as an assistant/youth/children's pastor at a large church with a charismatic preacher would give Jeremy and any other new preacher a better sense of direction. 

Good to see they have his and hers Apple watches. My daughter has the series three, and I thought it was a mistake, too soon. Man, SGirl LOVES her watch, and we don’t have to worry about a misplaced or stolen cell phone. Glad to see Jeremy is not only about him having the latest tech toy.

Edited by SMama
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, someone else covered for Jeremy yesterday. They're still in ATL. And the first picture of Jinger's barely visible bump.

What's up with Jeremy?  He looks half dead here.

I wonder if Jinger is well into her second trimester.  She's grown quite the pregnancy bosom, just like Jessa.

7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

What's up with Jeremy?  He looks half dead here.

I wonder if Jinger is well into her second trimester.  She's grown quite the pregnancy bosom, just like Jessa.

I was just about to say the same. Jinger looks great and Jeremy's aged ten years since the pregnancy announcement. Makes me wonder if they were trying NFP and had an "oopsie". Maybe Jeremy was serious about kids being part of a five year plan.

I was just about to say the same. Jinger looks great and Jeremy's aged ten years since the pregnancy announcement. Makes me wonder if they were trying NFP and had an "oopsie". Maybe Jeremy was serious about kids being part of a five year plan.

Maybe he's just coming down with the flu or one of the other circulating winter viruses.. I've seen a couple of friends looking like that lately and that was the story. In neither case did I successfully hide my initial shock at how bluish gray and strained they looked when I first saw them. They had to quickly say, "yeah yeah, I'm sick." 

Edited by Churchhoney
On 1/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, Churchhoney said:

Another asshole here (but we knew that). I'm convinced he chose her because he hopes the Duggar religion-related fame can help him get the career he wants. (and having somebody cute and nice enough who'll do everything he says was gravy.). ....

Do we really think he'd be a speaker on that program in Atlanta today if people didn't know him from Duggardom, via tv and social media, and therefore see him as a draw for their program? ... You're a lot less likely to invite an unknown to speak, even if the unknown has great credentials. Jer's a known. He -- and his inlaws -- have both curiosity-seekers and fans. 

As with Der and Bin, I do think he was attracted to his Duggarling (I don't think any of those guys is really consciously cynical) -- and also is attracted to being a headship with somebody who'll allow it -- but I'm utterly convinced that the career possibilities were a strong draw. ... And it seems to be working. Today, at least. ... He'll need it to work better, of course. And I'm not sure that what gets you speaking invitations also gets you a big-time full-time job. But I'm sure he's hoping that it helps.

I agree. Marrying Jinger was a career move and hopefully get him what he wants