Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Life is Not a Cabaret

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I know! They put a TOASTER on the the table in the middle of Beth’s breakdown! What happened to the goddamn lobster pop tarts?! 🦞 did they eat them? Did they get toasted? It’s all I can think about right now....I need those in my life! 

If you look closely, Ramona is filling her plate while sitting ringside for Bethenny versus Luann. Might as well have a snack with your show. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

We should start a drinking game for anytime she pronounces something correctly!  

Wait.  Isn't the object of a drinking game supposed to be that you get to take a drink every once in a while?  I fear we will all perish from thirst waiting for a correct pronunciation from that silly twit. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I predict she will have a major delusion and end up in Vegas.

She will get rip roaring drunk and head to The Mirage.  She will spot the big show outside with the pirate ship, jump on board and try to sing the Titanic song with the pirate because she thinks she is on par with Celine Dion.

She gets arrested and when they search her they find stolen silverware, shot glasses and a bottle of Ramona Pinot Grigio.

Well, that would be the final nail in the coffin of Luann and Bethenny's friendship.  Now, if it were a bottle of SG Margaritas, Bethenny would probably forgive all.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, albarino said:

They were in the toaster.

I know! But what happened next? I hope it’s what the to be continued...was all about....because I really need to know. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 10:22 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Bethenney  has been supportive of Luann.  I think she let Lu's entitled behavior slide for months.  She is still dealing with Dennis' death and she just had enough if Countess Cabaret and lost it.  Bethenney was 100% correct in EVERYTHING she said to Luann.  Luann will take everything you give to her money, free rehab and emotional support and it never occurs to her to be grateful.  She feels entitled to everything she can get out of you.  The epitome of a user.  

The epitome of a person with a substance abuse  disorder. They will take everything you have. And in their grandiousity believe you were privileged to be able to serve them.

Edited by Julyolo
Edit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

Have to say I'm relieved reading a lot of these comments. I'm on Reddit and the consensus is so far up B's butt it's annoying.

I've been downvoted there so many times today I lost count.  Apparently, Saint B's reaction was totally justified and Luann should have been fed to an alligator for existing and criticizing Fragile Flower Sonja!

36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

We should start a drinking game for anytime she pronounces something correctly!  

Kadooz for that idea!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I know! But what happened next? I hope it’s what the to be continued...was all about....because I really need to know. 

Well th2n they weren’t in the toaster so someone ate them or put it on their plate at least.

Edited by biakbiak
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

sasha206...long suffering Caps fan here, too. (Langway, Mike Gartner, etc)  Back in the day (80's/90's) Mr. Kemper worked with a guy who bought the season's tickets; then three or four of them would go over the schedule and split up the two tickets; we got to go to maybe 10 games a year.  Many playoff heartbreaks til last year.  I digress.

Flyers fan here...talk about long-suffering! LOL! That said...Blues coach Craig Berube is a Flyer alum, so I'm happy for him and happy to see the Blues finally win! And to see Boston lose (sorry to any Bruins fans)! 😉

33 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I have no tolerance for groups of people who pile on to attack one person, and that's what they were all doing to Lu at the restaurant.  No matter how annoying, selfish, ungrateful, etc., she may be, it is cowardly to gang up on her and humiliate her like that -- especially when they know she is in a vulnerable place now, and is supposedly trying to stay sober.  In what universe do real, true "friends" think that it is a good idea to gang up on someone who might get upset enough to relapse and start drinking again?    Just stop talking to her and ignore her, or leave -- but why try to push her and get her upset?    The better approach for Bethenny to take would have been to talk to her privately, one on one, but then the producers wouldn't have the drama they want.

Classic mob mentality. And definitely not cool. I'm not even a fan of Luann or at least this version of her, but Bethany was beyond 'extra' and right there at the restaurant was not the place to do it. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I also suspect Lu's insufferable diva is also an act.  Not that she hasn't always been entitled, but I think much of this diva behavior is an act, just like Sonja's crazy is amped for the camera.  I believe they both have elements of it, but they are taking it up to 11 to keep the employment they both desperately need.

I don't think Luann's entitlement is an act. She's been a pompous, insufferable bitch since season one when she was married to the Count and only flirted with humility for a very brief period when she was going through her divorce. Luann's extreme narcissism, entitlement, lack of empathy, grandiose sense of self and other such despicable traits, now including violent behavior towards law enforcement actually puts her in contention for the label of psychopath! Just check out the signs: https://www.learning-mind.com/hare-psychopathy-checklist/ 

41 minutes ago, albarino said:

We're now thinking The View is the arbiter of all things RHW?  Good Lord....

Well, they were a cohort of screaming shrews the last time I accidentally tuned in many years ago, haha.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, zengirl1215 said:
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Flyers fan here...talk about long-suffering! LOL! That said...Blues coach Craig Berube is a Flyer alum, so I'm happy for him and happy to see the Blues finally win!

Total OT but thanks so  much!  Blues family here from the beginning & it’s just such a great feeling! 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tinsley is a pretty woman her makeup at dinner was horrible. No ones hair looked like they had a blow out.  

In fairness, they were in Miami.  There is only so much you can do with some types of hair there.  I can have a blow out, follow it with a flat iron and a gallon of any product you want.  Take one step outside and I turn into a chia pet.  

12 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Because she has no empathy.

I don't know that Lu has composure in fights because she has no empathy.  I don't honestly think she remains calm, she gets very haughty and self righteous and tends to be more indignant than anything.  Generally, instead of arguing with people, she's more in disbelief that anyone has a problem with her, so she doesn't end up getting upset or arguing back, it ends up being "How dare you even think I did something?" or "Look at you! How can you say anything about ME?"  She comes across as if she's completely unbothered and calm, but it's more of an indignant outrage that anyone even questions her than engaging in a situation. 

12 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Dining out on it means you are making money off of it....your using it to get free stuff....

she was pretty spot on when in the previews we see the Countless recording a song about being sober 🙄

She's not just using it to get free stuff, she's using it to get paid.  She's done interviews in People, she's using it as her storyline this year.  It wouldn't surprise me to find out that she's selling stories about it to ROL.  

12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Awesome info, thanks!  Not that I can afford 1/24th of that, but it's good to know!

Not the same as a Rolex, of course, but you might want to take a peek at Michael Kors watches.  They are often fairly substantially sized and would potentially be a substitute.   

9 hours ago, Castina said:

Luann:  Yes she can be full of herself.  Yes she can be self centered at times.  She can also be kind, decent, whatever.  But she isn't a vicious nasty person and never intentionally goes out of her way to make others feel bad. 

I have to disagree with this.  She was deliberately nasty to Alex (Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes!).  She was downright dismissive in the first season about "when you introduce me to, you know, THE HELP, it's MRS DeLesseps" because people were beneath her station.  She also point blank told a girl, who said she wanted to model "Well, you have plenty of time to lose weight"  And then she stole from her own kids.  

1 hour ago, JD5166 said:

I know! They put a TOASTER on the the table in the middle of Beth’s breakdown! What happened to the goddamn lobster pop tarts?! 🦞 did they eat them? Did they get toasted? It’s all I can think about right now....I need those in my life! 

Sonja shoved them into her purse.  

38 minutes ago, albarino said:

But, but, Meghan is John McCain's DAUGHTER!

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
(edited)

@smores

But, but, Meghan is John McCain's DAUGHTER!

John McCain's Daughter adores Bethenny ; )

@Rosiejuliemom

I've been downvoted there so many times today I lost count. 

LOL - fucking Reddit? Jesus, you've been fighting the good fight, RosieJulieMom - have a drink (or two - or fifty ; )

cocktails.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, film noire said:

John McCain's Daughter adores Bethenny. 

LOL - fucking Reddit? Jesus, you've been fighting the good fight, RosieJulieMom - have a drink (or two - or fifty ; )

cocktails.jpg

I'm on my third wine-in-a-can and they are yummy!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Wait.  Isn't the object of a drinking game supposed to be that you get to take a drink every once in a while?  I fear we will all perish from thirst waiting for a correct pronunciation from that silly twit. 

She gets a few words right every once in awhile!  I think she can say 'noodle' correctly!  

• LOL 14

Negligee in the field, running in?  Boating, and could've killed her friends?  YIKES mention it ALL!! Seriously though what was the boat business--something that Lu got up to in FL or NY?

Dorinda looked quite composed and together in that scene.   And thank God because if she was all slushy and ranty the whole thing could have gone nuclear core explosion.    

Tinsley date OMG now it's clear that her immediate dry(?) humping of Scott at their first meeting wasn't an aberration. 

Barbara is the saddest near-housewife ever.  And the part where they flayed her for her alleged bad energy was so mean.  I wonder what the goal with her casting was, if she was supposed to be Lu's sidekick or if she was supposed to bring some tough chick, sexually liquid vibe but what a fizzle.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Negligee in the field, running in?  Boating, and could've killed her friends?  YIKES mention it ALL!! 

I can’t tell you how many times over the last few weeks I’ve wanted to yell “MENTION IT ALL!” in the middle of a normal conversation with my non-HW-watching friends and coworkers. Should I be worried? 🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

OT, but, I'm watching WWHL, and, an ad just came on, and, for some reason RHNY will be on THURSDAY for the rest of the season.

I'm bummed because next Wednesday is my birthday, and I wanted to see the aftermath scorched earth as a present! 😕

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Negligee in the field, running in?  Boating, and could've killed her friends?  YIKES mention it ALL!! Seriously though what was the boat business--something that Lu got up to in FL or NY?

Why oh why couldn't they have been lost at sea?!  Then we could have been spared Bethy's histrionics, Lu's complaints about the masseuse and hair stylist, and Sonja's overacting. 

• LOL 3
On 6/12/2019 at 7:34 PM, Neurochick said:

Being a bit miffed is normal; the way BetheME acted, wasn't.  

I don't think Sonja was really affected by the AA meeting.  To me, Sonja's a little girl who wants attention.  She waited until she got in the group and then "lost it" because she wanted attention.  I don't think Sonja's an alcoholic at all; I think she wants attention....Dorinda on the other hand, well that's another matter.

I agree that Sonja was looking for some camera time and being completely over the top ridiculous. On the other hand, I don’t know that Luanne handled the whole thing well. From telling Sonjia what to wear, to repeatedly setting up “acceptable “ behavior, to being completely disinterested in Sonjia having a hard time connecting to the program, it was a little Countess of her. This was the first time I’ve seen everyone’s point about new Luanne being just as selfish as old Luanne. It was just off putting to me. If Luanne had no real interest in being there for Sonjia (which is her right and something I would understand) then I sort of feel like she should stay out of it in general.  Don’t pressure someone to go to a meeting with you if you’re going to brush off any negative reaction. Maybe it’s a sensitive subject for me since I too have a very hard time connecting to the group meeting format. I’ve tried it multiple times to lose weight with Weight Watchers and it wasn’t until they launched their online version that I actually lost weight. There’s something about the meetings that I found discouraging instead of supportive. But if a friend had harped on my weight and what I was eating and told me I should try the program and even dictated  what I should wear and how I should behave and then showed no interest in hearing why I was having trouble connecting with the process, I’d be pissed too. I wouldn’t spazz out like Sonjia, but I would be hurt.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think the patrons are paid to be there and not react!

But on your last comment, GO BLUES is right!  Great game last night.  I'm a Caps fan so seeing them win last year was incredible; Blues fans waited even longer and I couldn't be happier!  And Ryan O'Reilly is soooo yummy.

Ryan-OReilly.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Bravo pays people to eat at restaurants where the RHONY women are? I’d like that gig...I’m a Rangers fan and it killed me to see the Caps win last year. 😡 But always happy to see any team beat the Bruins!

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

sasha206...long suffering Caps fan here, too. (Langway, Mike Gartner, etc)  Back in the day (80's/90's) Mr. Kemper worked with a guy who bought the season's tickets; then three or four of them would go over the schedule and split up the two tickets; we got to go to maybe 10 games a year.  Many playoff heartbreaks til last year.  I digress.

I think last night's show was my swan song.  Watching Bethany rage was one of the most disturbing, uncomfortable things I have ever witnessed on tv.  We had been switching back-and-forth from the hockey game to RHNY.  She looked like she needed a straight jacket; I think she should apologize to the entire group (yes, even LuAnn) and maybe release a press statement of some kind.  This behavior is not normal and NOT entertaining.  It is scary and sad. 

At this point I don't know if B will have any other opportunities other than reality tv; certainly no show (The View, daytime talk, etc.) would ever hire her on as a regular after the displays she has put on these last couple of years.  

Yes, I know LuAnn may deserve to be put in her place.  But why so mean and nasty?  It looks to me like the rest of the group of "ladies" are afraid of B and would not ever step up and try to quiet things down.  Maybe Bethany is the one that should go; the other ladies would maybe relax more and things would not be so tense a good bit of the time.

As women we deserve a better platform as this.  And I love a couple of the Housewives franchises (NY has always been my favorite until now)...but they are getting harder to watch.

Living in STL, so while I don't follow Hockey, I'm thrilled for the win for my town.

I agree with you that B doesn't have many showbiz opportunities available to her outside of Reality, like talk shows, but I think it's because she has shown she isn't good at that format. She was at least given an opportunity  to.

Say what you will about Lu, and I do, I can't stand the woman, but she has found something separate that works for her, and she works hard to keep it. 

I wouldn't pay to see her show, I just don't see her as being clever enough to be truly interesting, she just misses campy, and she doesn't have any real talent as a singer. But she has chutzpah, and she is beautiful, and she has a presence.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

We should start a drinking game for anytime she pronounces something correctly

6 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I think we've just figured out how to keep Luann sober.

2 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Remember in S6 or 7, Heather said that LuAnn was "incapable of self-reflection"? That seemed especially prescient tonight.

Luann is the 6th kid out of 7. They are all pretty close in age. I suspect during one of those childhood stages of personality development that Luann got lost in the shuffle. Plus her childhood home burning down and them being transient for a period almost certainly contributed to making her very selfish.

2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Bravo pays people to eat at restaurants where the RHONY women are? I’d like that gig...

Usually they are producers and production assistants. People with eagle eyes spotted Todd in the background of a number of restaurant scenes before he and Kandi (RHoA) started dating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I can’t tell you how many times over the last few weeks I’ve wanted to yell “MENTION IT ALL!” in the middle of a normal conversation with my non-HW-watching friends and coworkers. Should I be worried? 🤣

Yay ! I'm not alone anymore ! 🤩

• LOL 8
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think the breakdown by the beach and the breakdown in the Berkshires is about her dire financial situation not about going to an AA meeting in Miami.

This is exactly the situation with Sonja. At one point in this episode she said that Quincy's father is old and won't be around much longer to "fill in the gaps".

Right away I understood what she meant by that.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Remember in S6 or 7, Heather said that LuAnn was "incapable of self-reflection"? That seemed especially prescient tonight.

But .... ‘I plead guilty to being fabulous.’

😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I try to watch this HoWives franchise as much as possible so maybe what I have ascertained isn't the popular opinion but I see a group of women who appear to be afraid to stand up to Bethenny/disagree with her/challenge her to the right to have a difference of opinion, they're not self confident enough to disagree with her and tell her so. Just my observation.

1000% agree with you.  Dorinda, Tinsley, Ramona, and Sonja all watched as Carole self destructed at the reunion last year. She was supposedly told to make up with Bethenny translation kiss her ass and beg for her forgiveness.  She didn't want to do this so she is cut loose. Bethenny didn't like Kristin, Heather either too pretty or too strong for her so they are gone. She took an immediate dislike to Jules so she is gone.  These women know that Bethenny holds the upper hand and most need their job either for money or to promote a project or just to stroke their ego. LuAnn better be real careful.She is overplaying her hand. Seems like Bethenny has decided that Lu is getting a little too popular and needs to be put in her place or else. From Bethenny's lips to Andy's ear so to speak. Lu you are replaceable and will be if Bethenny wants you gone.

43 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is exactly the situation with Sonja. At one point in this episode she said that Quincy's father is old and won't be around much longer to "fill in the gaps".

Right away I understood what she meant by that.

Yep the gaps in her check book.

• Love 8

Bethenny is a user. One minute she is mean and nasty to Barb. Then a light bulb  suddenly turns on in that conniving little head of hers and she sees a potential soldier for her little army of minions and she's all "Red Rover, Red Rover, we call Barbie over".

• Love 16

I can't help but wonder if Paul's ex wife watches this show out of curiosity? If she or any of her friends saw this latest freak out starring Bethenny, she must be seriously concerned that this beast could potentially become step monster to her children. 

There must be something very wrong with Paul Bernon if he thinks that he has a shot at having a healthy, happy relationship with this mess.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Not at all. For reasons I won't get into, I've been featuring the "mention it all" gif heavily in my own personal texts and communiques over the last few months. 😆

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't help but wonder if Paul's ex wife watches this show out of curiosity? If she or any of her friends saw this latest freak out starring Bethenny, she must be seriously concerned that this beast could potentially become step monster to her children. 

There must be something very wrong with Paul Bernon if he thinks that he has a shot at having a healthy, happy relationship with this mess.

Nobody dates Bethenny for her personality. He's in it for the connections. Once that well has dried up, he'll leave.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm just wondering how much of an exaggeration that was.  Did she talk the cops out of arresting her?  Whatever the case, I believe Beth did a lot to help out Lu.  I believe she has a right to be upset with her if she has done everything she said and Lu is ungrateful.  I just think she could've done it without bringing the dead boyfriend into it.

I’m sure Beth stopped all the video and arrests.  🤣🤣🤣. She really thinks highly of herself.

• Love 7

They've all seen what happens when you challenge Beth too much.  You lose your apple.  Of course, Carole claimed not to be fired, but Beth shaded her on that.

So, we should believe the “ever embellishing” Beth?  

11 hours ago, film noire said:

Not sure how Sunny Hostin sharing that Frankel screamed at Sunny's little boy lands us in "Good Lord" territory - ? - she's talking about a personal event, not pronouncing on all things RHoNY (That's Meghan McCain's job ; )

And since Sunny's experience mirrored what happened in this episode,  I think it's on point re: Bethenny's grief for Dennis & Luann's entitlement being the real reason she behaved so badly - based on her past behaviour, it seems Bethenny screams at innocent kids and entitled alcoholics alike. 

I agree.  It is SO Bethenny.

HER child was sleeping....the world must GO TO SLEEP!!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 6/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Seriously, how does Bethenny travel without tampons in her travel bag? 

And was there no production assistant  that she could quietly take aside and send to CVS?

• Love 8

I think there is a well of guilt  at the core of Bethenny’s meltdown- she spent all that time giving “ tough love” to Luann, a person she barely tolerates, and in her mind, not enough time trying to help Dennis, who obviously was in dire straits. 

Bethenny doesn’t care enough about Luann to get that upset about her lack of gratitude. 

Cannot believe she spilled the details on Lu.....

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

It's interesting that LuAnn seemed to distance herself from Barbara and Bethenny.  I'm wondering if LuAnn is actually embarrassed about what she's done and down deep hates it that a handful of people know the deep dark truth, so she keeps them at arm's length in order to not to have to talk about it.  Of course she apparently goes to AA meetings and tells her story, so it might not be that.  Just a thought!

I think there’s a lot of truth there.  Lu knows Beth and Barbara witnessed some horribly embarrassing things, and she doesn’t want it brought up on camera every episode.  Honestly, I don’t think Lu has talked about the cabaret much more than the ladies have complained about it.  My god, we’ve had to watch field trips on vacation to Skinny Girl crap.  Lu knows she is Beth’s storyline this season and is trying to save a bit of face.  I don’t blame her.  For all the insults thrown at Lu, you rarely see her lose her cool and name call back.  I am jealous of how calm she remains while Beth pops a vein yelling at her.  Beth even turned on her friend Carole, when Carole refused to get down and dirty and argue with her last season.  I wish Carole was still on the show.  There is no one to stand up to Beth.  She’s ruining the fun show for me.  Beth is fun in small doses.  And speaking of mean, none of these ladies has been kind to Lu about her situation.  They are laying low and letting Lu be Beth’s punching bag this season.  This could have been a great season if they could have been supportive.....not planned a coup to take Lu down.  Ramona was allowed to keep her marriage problems off the show and Lu should have been shown the same courtesy.  Bravo is stupid....many people suffer with alcoholism or know someone who does, and Beth is the poster child for how not to handle things.

On another forum, several members have gone to Lu’s show.  They usually go in small groups and they loved it.  They said Lu is beautiful, entertaining, kind and very self deprecating.  They also said how much fun they had singing along to her campy songs.  Obviously, Lu’s audience doesn’t care how well she sings....she puts on a great show.  She does a Q&A with the audience at the end.  It sounds like a great variety show.  The audience heckles her with Jovani, and she loves it.  B couldn’t handle a prepared talk show....so I imagine she, and the other HW’s, hate that Lu is having so much fun with this.  It’s a shame they cannot be happy for her.  Lu needs this.  Her ego has taken quite a hit the last few years, and I admire her for getting out there and facing her fans and critics.  That’s not easy to do, imo.

B should watch the first few seasons of this show.  She was my favorite.  Money has ruined her.  She will die alone, with paid staff at this point.  She lets no one in because she is so above everyone.  My 6 year granddaughter would know that acting like she does is not only inappropriate, it’s cruel.  Brynn is going to have a rough childhood.  Money cannot fix hurtful words.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm just wondering how much of an exaggeration that was.  Did she talk the cops out of arresting her?  Whatever the case, I believe Beth did a lot to help out Lu.  I believe she has a right to be upset with her if she has done everything she said and Lu is ungrateful.  I just think she could've done it without bringing the dead boyfriend into it.

If Lu is "dining on sobriety" them Bethenny used that moment to "dine on Dennis' death".

And I feel kind of gross for criticising grief.  However, after reflection, I'm not really sure if there was any grief involved.

I don't know.  I'm not going to watch it again to see if my interpretation is off.   It was too much.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I predict she will have a major delusion and end up in Vegas.

She will get rip roaring drunk and head to The Mirage.  She will spot the big show outside with the pirate ship, jump on board and try to sing the Titanic song with the pirate because she thinks she is on par with Celine Dion.

She gets arrested and when they search her they find stolen silverware, shot glasses and a bottle of Ramona Pinot Grigio.

I see Luann stumbling into a Vegas showgirls wardrobe room. Putting on a full costume. When security opens the locked door they get into a tussle. With Luann screaming these are all of her Jovni outfits and how dare you

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is it really wise to alienate menopausal women, Frankel? Don’t they need jeans, artificial sweeteners, and popcorn, too? 

Right?!  I don't understand age-shaming of all the shaming offenses.  You can lose weight, you can become more selective in the men you fuck.  But no one can fence time.

Not to mention, if Beth is still getting her period, why the fuck doesn't she travel with a couple of tampons?  And why the need to make an on-camera announcement?  Does that extravagant place not have toiletries?  Can she not send a driver to pick tampons up?  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

If Lu is "dining on sobriety" them Bethenny used that moment to "dine on Dennis' death".

And I feel kind of gross for criticising grief.  However, after reflection, I'm not really sure if there was any grief involved.

I don't know.  I'm not going to watch it again to see if my interpretation is off.   It was too much.

Yeah, it was a little hard to follow just what Beth's point was when she kept bringing up Dennis, like he had anything to do with the price of tea in China.

To me it sounded like,  and like you, i won't watch it again to verify, Lu's arrogance had gotten so out of control, and her friendships became so one-sided, that she neglected to pay homage to ask  any of them Bethenny how she was doing.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, albarino said:

Sonny told a story of her real life encounter with a crazy Bethenny.  It shows that Beth is as bad off the show as on.  It’s a great example of how far she’s fallen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Those brows are back into mug-shot territory.  Simmer down, Tins....

I don't think they ever left mug-shot territory!  It always surprises me when I read how beautiful people think she is on this forum.  I see those horrible eyebrows, a nose job that left her without much of a nose, and heavy, heavy makeup.  I just see a skinny blonde who can look reasonably attractive.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I just want to be clear when I preface this comment by saying that I see why Lu's attitude can rub people the wrong way, and I can see why some people don't like her.  I can see how people can perceive her to be a certain way, and then jump to all kinds of other conclusions about her too.  I can see why everyone is sick of the cabaret talk and all of that.  I get it.  I really do.

However.... that being said, as I watched Bethenny unravel and turn the evening into the Bethenny Show, I wanted someone to find a nearby pool and shove her into it to snap her out of her manic frenzy.  I wanted her to shut her big yap.    Bethenny was starting to make Kelly Bensimon on Scary Island look normal and level-headed.

Yes, Lu is a flawed person.  Yes, Lu is self-centered and almost everything else people think she is.    BUT, in no way, shape or form was Bethenny's reaction justified, or reasonable, or sane, or rational.  B's reaction to Lu was totally over the top and disproportionate to the whole situation.   B was downright aggressive and in Lu's personal space as she ranted and raved.

Bethenny's reaction to Lu was not really about Lu, when it boiled down to it.   Lu's attitude might have been the trigger or catalyst for Bethenny, but there is waaaaaaaaay more going on under the surface for Bethenny that had zero to do with Lu.    Bethenny can point fingers and direct all her hostility at Lu, but Bethenny has just as many issues.    They may not present in the same way that Lu's issues present, but make no mistake -- Bethenny is very screwed up too.  (Each and every one of them is screwed up in some way.)

For that matter, while this season's main story seems to be that everyone is sick of Lu, we all know that things change from season to season.   While Lu seems to be Public Enemy #1 this year, next year the anger and catty chatter will probably be directed at someone else.  We also know that we only see what the producers want us to see, but we really don't know much about what is happening or what is being said to whom when the cameras are not on these women.

I have no tolerance for groups of people who pile on to attack one person, and that's what they were all doing to Lu at the restaurant.  No matter how annoying, selfish, ungrateful, etc., she may be, it is cowardly to gang up on her and humiliate her like that -- especially when they know she is in a vulnerable place now, and is supposedly trying to stay sober.  In what universe do real, true "friends" think that it is a good idea to gang up on someone who might get upset enough to relapse and start drinking again?    Just stop talking to her and ignore her, or leave -- but why try to push her and get her upset?    The better approach for Bethenny to take would have been to talk to her privately, one on one, but then the producers wouldn't have the drama they want.

If I were Lu, I would leave the show and get away from those toxic shrews just to stay sober and not lose my mind, but I don't know if she is in that headspace now.

This is such a great post.  The only thing I disagree about is Lu leaving the show.  I’m sure she needs the money.  If you take Beth out of the equation, it probably would have been a good season.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Especially Sunny Hostin.  She was horrible on Court Tv.

There hasn't been one time where she didn't mention she was a federal prosecutor. Its like a Tourettes thing with her.

I never cared for Sonny on CTV, but appreciated her sharing her experience with Bethenny.  It’s not production that makes her act so horribly.

Oh how I miss CTV.  😪

• Love 7