Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Life is Not a Cabaret

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I HATE unnessery loud noise of any kind.  We sleep with two sound machines.  The husband even likes it.  Plus we have loud fire alarms, just in case.

I sleep with the tv on and keep a dvd of an innocuous tv show on repeat.  At the moment, it is Royal Pains, which is kind of funny given that we're in the Hamptons.  I'm on theme at least! I also sleep with a sleep mask to block the light from the tv that I have to have on.

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ramona didn't invite her out for drinks in Miami - big whoop. She said she didn't like Ramona and she also didn't think much of Tinsley. None of the other ladies went so why not hang with one of the other 4 still at the house: Sonja, Luann, Bethenny, or Dorinda?

I actually did feel bad for Barbara with this.  It's one thing to not invite her or to just head out with Tinsley and not bring Barbara.  But, to stand there with Barbara right next to her and say to EVERY other person at the table "We're going to go for drinks, do you want to come?"  "Oh, come on, come out with us?" And then pointedly NOT ask her, that's just rude.  Plus once Bethenny was like, uh, what about Barbara, because Ramona was being rude, Ramona just acted like she hadn't heard her and said "Tinsley and I were going to go, Sonja did you want to come?"  

If Ramona had just gotten up from dinner and said "Tinsley and I had talked about heading to this little bar that she knows for a drink, we'll be back in an hour or so, don't have too much fun without us!" and then they left, it would have been fine.  What she did, though, was rude.

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

But that's not the story that Hostin told, and the story that Hostin told was never denied by Frankel.  Which was that each family was renting a beach house, the houses were adjacent to each other, and Hostin's kid was playing in the yard of the house they were renting, while Frankel's kid was napping in the house they were renting.  No one ever mentioned Hostin's kid as screaming, except for here, by people who would have no way of knowing.  Absolutely never any mention of Hostin's "screaming" kid being on any property except the one he was entitled to be on.  So Frankel had no more beachfront rights than Hostin did.  And Hostin's kid had as much right to play as Frankel's kid had to nap.  Normal people can work out this kind of conflict without going completely ham.

I don't know for sure who is right or wrong in this story.  I think there's likely an element of both on each side.  Hostin's kid was probably being extra loud and Bethenny probably didn't handle it well.  That Sunny didn't acknowledge that her kid was being loud is a bit odd, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, some people either have an amazing ability to tune their kids out or they just think "oh they're outside, it doesn't matter if they scream their heads off"  But, that's not actually the case.  Not everyone wants to hear that, and it can be disruptive to other people.  It's not unreasonable for other people to expect your kids to not sound like they are having limbs removed.  

At the same time, Bethenny needs to deal with it appropriately if something like this is happening.  Asking Sunny to have her child pipe down would be the way to go.  It's frustrating, though, if the parents don't seem to have a problem with it, because they won't get that there is an issue.

Either way, what I do know for sure, based on what Sunny said, evidently Bethenny did seem to apologize and Sunny did accept it.  So I think it's kind of crappy of her to then go and spread shit about the story on tv.  I don't think her taking Skinny Girl items means she's got some sort of NDA, but I do think it's a bit tacky to turn around and say, oh, they then sent me this stuff to apologize and that was nice, but this is how much of a bitch she is.  That doesn't sit well with me.  You're not just sharing a story with friends, you're putting this out there on TV.  

8 minutes ago, gritz said:

Her allergy seems to depend on how much attention she's craving at the moment. Next thing you know, she'll be fleeing a movie theater in hysterics because someone next to her is snacking on Swedish Fish.

Bethenny is allergic to finned fish.  Her allergy has gotten worse over time, as she previously was able to eat fish and have symptoms, but they have been getting worse.  In the past, she had some swelling.  In Cartagena, she had much more dramatic symptoms.  She then had an anaphylactic response in December. It looks like the footage for Miami was filmed just a week or so before that reaction.  

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, gritz said:

Next thing you know, she'll be fleeing a movie theater in hysterics because someone next to her is snacking on Swedish Fish.

giphy.gif

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On June 15, 2019 at 8:48 PM, AnnA said:

As a long standing member of #TeamBethenny I cannot resist commenting on the fact that she always dominates our discussions.  

Bravo is a business and Bethenny is a master at creating a buzz.   That's why Bravo and Andy love her. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, gritz said:

Tuna have fins.

Right.  But like I said, she had previously had a reaction but not a life threatening one.  So she may very well have been able to eat it in some cases or risked it at times, etc.  

I am allergic to milk, but I do occasionally eat ice cream.  I know the response I'll have to it, and I judge when and where I'll have it.  I also know that I'm less likely to have a major reaction if I have a smaller amount of something with a higher fat content, like gelato vs a super cheap ice cream.  Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but, experience tells me that I'm safe with a few bites. 

I'm also allergic to pretty much every mold/pollen/tree and grass.  I can't drink red wine because of a cross reaction and I can't eat any blue cheese because of the mold in it.  I made the mistake of taking a few bites of a wensleydale a couple of years ago, not thinking about the fact that it was a blue (I just saw that it was cranberry!), and I paid for that for days.  I had an instant reaction, was stuffy and miserable for days.  

My point, though, is that you can have varying reactions to things and sometimes you choose to suffer through it for whatever it is that you are ordering.  Other times, not so much.  But, in the case of her fish allergy, it has now reached a point where she can't have it at all, as it's too severe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gritz said:

Since her return, she's managed to funk up almost every vacation with her ridiculous tweak outs and general bitchassness. Thank goodness she wasn't around to mess up the splendor that was "Slutty Island."

"Slutty Island" was peak RHoNY. I really miss those days.

• Love 8

I accidentally posted this in the Luann thread.

Maybe Rinna was channeling Erica Jayne again? Did she pat her puss and we missed it?  Luann was coming perilously close to busting that "move" with her self-caressing. 

If Dennis was married and cheating with Bethenny (I don't care if he was and how long separated, married is married until there is a divorce/annulment) then how is Bethenny cheating on Dennis if she is seeing somebody else while cheating with Dennis? Does that one cheat cancel out the other? It reminds me of a deceased friend of mine. She was cheating with a married man, then he was cheating on my friend, as well as his wife. I don't believe half of the crap she spews about their "engagement/non-engagement." I agree that it is absolutely appalling to drag Dennis' death out in public to make it all about her when he has a grieving family behind. 

Sonja's reaction to the AA meeting puzzled me. I tend to agree with those who have posted that she got upset because some of the stories were cautionary tales about where her own life is headed. I don't think that anybody is ever going to let Sonja sleep under a bridge or have to go to the soup kitchen every day.  More likely, she saw some own truth in the stories of excessive drinking and the aftermath that are often shared at AA meetings and they hit too close to home. That happened to me many many years before I stopped drinking. I went to an AA meeting, very sincere about hoping it would help. However, the sad stories only served to make me feel more ashamed and guilty and hopeless about my own situation, so I didn't bother going back. Part of me also thinks that Sonja's little beach side meltdown was partially for attention. Little did she know that she was just the opening act for later in the evening.

Somebody needs to send Tinsley an anonymous copy of that old dating strategy book, "The Rules," that was popular earlier in the decade. Every behavior Tinsley exhibited on her date would be a "no-no" in that book. Too eager (check). Revealed too many personal details too soon (check). Talked about marriage and having babies (check). Making out on the first date (check). I would be very surprised if the guy asks her out again unless he figures he can get her drunk quickly and sleep with her. And Sonja of all people, should never be giving dating advice (or any of the women for that matter).

Bethenny and Luann have been thoroughly and thoughtfully covered so I have nothing more to offer there. They both behaved terribly. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Sonja had plenty of people fawning over her fake breakdown.  Lu always goes for a swim alone when they arrive.

Was it then or later that she left Barbara to fend for herself during her breakdown? Tone deaf timing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Was it then or later that she left Barbara to fend for herself during her breakdown? Tone deaf timing.

Luann didn't leave Barbara to fend for herself during Barbara's breakdown. Luann joined in. Luann said something like "It's all about the energy and you didn't come with good energy." WTF. Bethenny pulls Barbara aside to talk one on one. Lu continues eating breakfast and tells Sonja to get ready for the AA meeting. I think Barbara realized the friendship was one sided in that moment. Luann is such a shitty friend.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Luann didn't leave Barbara to fend for herself during Barbara's breakdown. Luann joined in. Luann said something like "It's all about the energy and you didn't come with good energy." WTF. Bethenny pulls Barbara aside to talk one on one. Lu continues eating breakfast and tells Sonja to get ready for the AA meeting. I think Barbara realized the friendship was one sided in that moment. Luann is such a shitty friend.

In that “Before they were housewives” special, Lu tells us that her friendship with the older woman tanked. I can’t remember why. But I do remember thinking, “Not surprising.”

• Love 6
On 6/14/2019 at 7:42 PM, Gem 10 said:

I don’t feel like Lu starts anything.  She just rolls along and does her own thing.  Why does it bother the rest of them if she wants to swim or eat by herself?  That’s her choice.  The rest are too clingy with each other.  Ramona leaves them all and goes bar hopping, but that’s o.k.? Too much togetherness.  If they don’t want to go to Cabaret, don’t go.  She’ll bounce back as she is resilient.  If she asks a favor, say u can’t do it.  You’ll feel better and she might get off her high horse.  A little tough love is needed.

There's nothing wrong with one person on a "girlfriends vacation" to take some time to do something by themselves.  But ... we are watching a women at work which requires their presence and interactions (for good or for ill).  They were griping about Ramona skipping out on group outings and it looks like Lu's two AA trips (remember she's only been to 5 total in her months of probation) and then the alone time at the beach is grating on all of them.  If she didn't visit her on poster and then put it on social media, Bravo would have gotten nothing out of her afternoon.

Bravo counts on "too much togetherness" to cause friction which is what they want to film.  That "too much togetherness" is what they are paid to endure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Wasn't Lu heading out to an AA meeting tho?

I don't agree with how Lu handled that but I'm really trying to understand why Lu is expected to be some prim and proper epitome of grace when she's in the middle of some of the toughest struggles of her life. Taking her to task while she still hasn't completed the journey is so low brow but then again I expect nothing less from Beth and the other women. 

These women are so eager to take the attention away from Lu they have practically given themselves strokes just so they too can have a storyline that somewhat competes with Lu's AA, rehab, probation storyline this season. Sonja's erratic behavior, emotional ups and downs, and most recently her AA breakdown. Tinsley breakdowns over Scott and wanting a baby and of course Beth's "MY FIANCE DIED!!" These topics aren't developing organically. They are forced and hyped up for the sake of snatching screen time and also to have something to counter Lu's issues so that she doesn't get all the attention this season even though what's going on with her does warrant more camera time (According to producers I'm guessing, not me, just saying) and they know this. 

Beth's situation is the closest to Lu in regards to seriousness but even that rings a bit hollow because we all know about her minimal interaction and communication with Dennis before he passed. That whole storyline is forced and uncomfortable and in serious bad taste.

Say what you will about Lu but we know for sure that her struggles are real. Regardless of how she's handling it we all know that it ain't manufactured or amped up for the cameras. That bitch is going thru some shit. Point. Blank. Period. The other women are trying to grab the spotlight just for the simple fact that they can't stand the idea of Lu getting the attention. Even though it's not the best attention they still can't stand it. Especially since they know that Lu makes the best of whatever is thrown her way. They can't even let her have a negative storyline all to herself. Pathetic. 

I get Lu's disgust. I really do. These women are amping up their own personal struggles in order to somewhat compete with Lu's very real and very true storyline this season. And in order to what? Test Lu? Show that Lu is only worried about manuevering through her own very serious issues at the moment?  Well hot damn! Imagine that? A person trying to survive their own bad decisions and not having enough to spare to hand over to your manufactured drama? 

Look I get that everyone has their shit but timing is everything and you can't demand someone take a break from their focus in order to humor you and your fake mid life crisis that has coincedentily manifested itself during filming and during the crux of Lu's life crisis. It's just all so ridiculous. And hey even if some of these life events did organically appear just in time for filming (Tins, Scott/baby drama, Sonja's new reality, Beth's "engagement") How do you demand an alcoholic (cause that's what they believe her to be)  struggling with AA, court appearances, hit the pause button in order to humor you and your "in the moment" life struggle???? I think it's ridiculous for them to expect Lu to cater to them over the things they are trying to make "as relevant" as what Lu's struggling with.  Lu's biggest demand of the group, support her cabaret endeavor and be happy for her. Oh and maybe not yell at her all the time over nothing. 

It's like they are mad at Lu for being the most screwed up this season therefore guaranteeing her camera time while the others have to figure out a way to be relevant outside of supporting Lu.  I think Lu gets that these women are going as far as having nervous breakdowns in order to snatch some attention away from Lu's authentic storyline. That's how it reads to me and I think that's how it reads to Lu. I really think they resent that Lu's many issues this season left no doubt that a big chunk of the focus would be on Lu and they were doing everything in their power to shift more focus to themselves by A) Creating competing life changes storylines and/or B)Doing their best to shade Lu therefore turning all the screen time she would definitely be getting into reflecting negatively on Lu. BooHoo Lu isn't as involved in anyone else's hangnails or wardrobe malfunctions. Give me a break!

Pretty fucked up to do that purposely to someone dealing with such significant life issues. Whether you like her or not invading her personal struggles with such an agenda is rather putrid and I don't mind Lu's callous reactions to their pitiful attempts at rattling her. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Maybe cause Lu's been in the lions den and has come out the other side on numerous occasions and really just couldn't with all the "bambi in the woods" coming from Barb. I mean Lu had already been on the receiving end of one or two or maybe three bashings by then and this chick is crying about vibes?

Don't get me wrong. I felt bad for Barb too and I thought it was fucked up that the women were being so callous unnecessarily but I'm not surprised that Lu wasn't more sympathetic in that moment. But I lump her in with everyone else equally with regards to my distaste over that exchange as a whole. 

• Love 3

Folks, reminders on 2 subjects:

1, it is not cool to lump "Bethenny Lovers" or "Bethenny Haters" into a group here and criticize them - everyone is allowed to love or hate Bethenny, or any other housewife or cast member, as much as they like. Talk about the show, not the fans. 

2, please stick to events on the episode itself. If you want to talk about a housewife's interactions with other people who were not mentioned on or seen on the show, please move it to their own threads.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

There's nothing wrong with one person on a "girlfriends vacation" to take some time to do something by themselves.  But ... we are watching a women at work which requires their presence and interactions (for good or for ill).  They were griping about Ramona skipping out on group outings and it looks like Lu's two AA trips (remember she's only been to 5 total in her months of probation) and then the alone time at the beach is grating on all of them.  If she didn't visit her on poster and then put it on social media, Bravo would have gotten nothing out of her afternoon.

Bravo counts on "too much togetherness" to cause friction which is what they want to film.  That "too much togetherness" is what they are paid to endure.

That’s exactly what I meant.  Everything they do is for drama.  It’s a show and they are paid to do what they are told.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Wasn't Lu heading out to an AA meeting tho?

I don't agree with how Lu handled that but I'm really trying to understand why Lu is expected to be some prim and proper epitome of grace when she's in the middle of some of the toughest struggles of her life. Taking her to task while she still hasn't completed the journey is so low brow but then again I expect nothing less from Beth and the other women. 

These women are so eager to take the attention away from Lu they have practically given themselves strokes just so they too can have a storyline that somewhat competes with Lu's AA, rehab, probation storyline this season. Sonja's erratic behavior, emotional ups and downs, and most recently her AA breakdown. Tinsley breakdowns over Scott and wanting a baby and of course Beth's "MY FIANCE DIED!!" These topics aren't developing organically. They are forced and hyped up for the sake of snatching screen time and also to have something to counter Lu's issues so that she doesn't get all the attention this season even though what's going on with her does warrant more camera time (According to producers I'm guessing, not me, just saying) and they know this. 

Beth's situation is the closest to Lu in regards to seriousness but even that rings a bit hollow because we all know about her minimal interaction and communication with Dennis before he passed. That whole storyline is forced and uncomfortable and in serious bad taste.

Say what you will about Lu but we know for sure that her struggles are real. Regardless of how she's handling it we all know that it ain't manufactured or amped up for the cameras. That bitch is going thru some shit. Point. Blank. Period. The other women are trying to grab the spotlight just for the simple fact that they can't stand the idea of Lu getting the attention. Even though it's not the best attention they still can't stand it. Especially since they know that Lu makes the best of whatever is thrown her way. They can't even let her have a negative storyline all to herself. Pathetic. 

I get Lu's disgust. I really do. These women are amping up their own personal struggles in order to somewhat compete with Lu's very real and very true storyline this season. And in order to what? Test Lu? Show that Lu is only worried about manuevering through her own very serious issues at the moment?  Well hot damn! Imagine that? A person trying to survive their own bad decisions and not having enough to spare to hand over to your manufactured drama? 

Look I get that everyone has their shit but timing is everything and you can't demand someone take a break from their focus in order to humor you and your fake mid life crisis that has coincedentily manifested itself during filming and during the crux of Lu's life crisis. It's just all so ridiculous. And hey even if some of these life events did organically appear just in time for filming (Tins, Scott/baby drama, Sonja's new reality, Beth's "engagement") How do you demand an alcoholic (cause that's what they believe her to be)  struggling with AA, court appearances, hit the pause button in order to humor you and your "in the moment" life struggle???? I think it's ridiculous for them to expect Lu to cater to them over the things they are trying to make "as relevant" as what Lu's struggling with.  Lu's biggest demand of the group, support her cabaret endeavor and be happy for her. Oh and maybe not yell at her all the time over nothing. 

It's like they are mad at Lu for being the most screwed up this season therefore guaranteeing her camera time while the others have to figure out a way to be relevant outside of supporting Lu.  I think Lu gets that these women are going as far as having nervous breakdowns in order to snatch some attention away from Lu's authentic storyline. That's how it reads to me and I think that's how it reads to Lu. I really think they resent that Lu's many issues this season left no doubt that a big chunk of the focus would be on Lu and they were doing everything in their power to shift more focus to themselves by A) Creating competing life changes storylines and/or B)Doing their best to shade Lu therefore turning all the screen time she would definitely be getting into reflecting negatively on Lu. BooHoo Lu isn't as involved in anyone else's hangnails or wardrobe malfunctions. Give me a break!

Pretty fucked up to do that purposely to someone dealing with such significant life issues. Whether you like her or not invading her personal struggles with such an agenda is rather putrid and I don't mind Lu's callous reactions to their pitiful attempts at rattling her. 

Lu does not belong on this show while struggling with alcoholism.  The Cabaret is even too much.  She was arrested and is being monitored, and that’s enough in itself.  Take a break and concentrate on her sobriety.  Lu is not in a position of having it all.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

I think there is also a big difference between when they film in NY and when they film out of state. In NY, there are multiple film crews at hand to film each HW individually. When they are out of state, on a group trip - a finite crew is sent along with them. I think on this Florida trip they had 3 sets - each to film the women in groups of 2 or 3 and when all of the women are together they all set up from different angles.

The women were miffed that a car/driver and crew stayed behind to film Luann and were pissed at Luann to have no feelings for Sonja who just attended a meeting with Luann. Luann already had no sympathy for Sonja the other night face planting on the white floor.

The day of the party, Ramona went off for drinks and flirting - production didn't send a crew off with her. I think they sent a crew with Luann hoping to capture her swigging from a flask, and instead they got Luann fawning over a poster of herself. I think seeing Ramona twitch and sip from a straw would have been more entertaining.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
23 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Hoop there it is! 

She knew she fucked up.  

They sent it to keep it out of the press.  Sunny is a pain in the ass know it all.  Now she’s bringing it up after all these years?  She must need some press.  Things getting slow there at the View?  Or is Joy running out of air?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Lu does not belong on this show while struggling with alcoholism.  The Cabaret is even too much.  She was arrested and is being monitored, and that’s enough in itself.  Take a break and concentrate on her sobriety.

Yeah, but how’s shes handling it is a different story. Now, how these women are responding to Lu is where my focus is. Sure being on the show may not be the best way to work through her shit but ripping Lu apart at every manufactured opportunity is just so much more offensive than any of Lu’s missteps with the women this season. I mean honestly, she’s being yelled at about being sulky about Beth and her show, being snarky about a bedroom, being distant regarding Sonja’s dramatics and Tinsleys vapidness, Being excited over a new endeavor which lets be honest is rather exciting.. I’m not talking about Lu more dire infractions like the lawsuits and the arrests and the rehab fails. These women are using her struggles as a reason to be extra nasty towards her over minor grievances THEY have with her. Based on the bad decisions Lu’s made in her life.  I hate when people wrap up other details into their personal problems with them. Lu going off for a swim and not coddling Sonja is 10x’s more of a heinous act because LusAnAlcoholicWhoLeftRehabToEarlyGotArrestedBlahBlahBlah. Not because the offensive itself is all that terrible. The gage they are using when going after Lu is completely off base and it’s just disturbing to watch them take such liberties when attacking her. She doesn’t deserve that level of assault. It’s like they want to punish her for one thing while using the severity of things in Lu’s life that aren’t within their authority to use. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah, but how’s shes handling it is a different story. Now, how these women are responding to Lu is where my focus is. Sure being on the show may not be the best way to work through her shit but ripping Lu apart at every manufactured opportunity is just so much more offensive than any of Lu’s missteps with the women this season. I mean honestly, she’s being yelled at about being sulky about Beth and her show, being snarky about a bedroom, being distant regarding Sonja’s dramatics and Tinsleys vapidness, Being excited over a new endeavor which lets be honest is rather exciting.. I’m not talking about Lu more dire infractions like the lawsuits and the arrests and the rehab fails. These women are using her struggles as a reason to be extra nasty towards her over minor grievances THEY have with her. Based on the bad decisions Lu’s made in her life.  I hate when people wrap up other details into their personal problems with them. Lu going off for a swim and not coddling Sonja is 10x’s more of a heinous act because LusAnAlcoholicWhoLeftRehabToEarlyGotArrestedBlahBlahBlah. Not because the offensive itself is all that terrible. The gage they are using when going after Lu is completely off base and it’s just disturbing to watch them take such liberties when attacking her. She doesn’t deserve that level of assault. It’s like they want to punish her for one thing while using the severity of things in Lu’s life that aren’t within their authority to use. 

Very simple.  Lu should be off the show for her own good, period.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, gritz said:

Her allergy seems to depend on how much attention she's craving at the moment. Next thing you know, she'll be fleeing a movie theater in hysterics because someone next to her is snacking on Swedish Fish.

Since her return, she's managed to funk up almost every vacation with her ridiculous tweak outs and general bitchassness. Thank goodness she wasn't around to mess up the splendor that was "Slutty Island."

Except she's not the highest paid HW; there are some that make more than her (way more, in NeNe's case), and some who make the same.

I just Love her and her smart mouth.  Sharp as a tack and whitty.  Nobody can beat her, like her or not.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Very simple.  Lu should be off the show for her own good, period.

Off the show or on the show. I'm just pointing out how the other women are being huge assholes.  Especially Beth.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

They sent it to keep it out of the press.  Sunny is a pain in the ass know it all.  Now she’s bringing it up after all these years?  She must need some press.  Things getting slow there at the View?  Or is Joy running out of air?

And you know their motive how?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

The View was discussing Beth's meltdown on the show just like other talk shows did last Thursday.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/the-views-sunny-hostin-claims-bethenny-frankel-yelled-at-her-child/

As for keeping it out of the press, maybe, or maybe Beth did make a big deal out of the situation (we've seen that many times on the show) and she regretted it.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Lu was swimming when Barbara melted down, I believe.

Let’s move on from this.  🙂

• Love 6

Barbara is like John. Both are  peripheral characters to service one of the main cast. Barbara is there to show that Lu has friends. John is there to show that Dorinda has a boyfriend. Both things have some truth to them but they are constantly belittled and marginalized. They are so thirsty that they will take being treated like shit to be on the show.

John is waking up a little and I hope Barbara gets a clue soon.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Definition of cabaret

1: archaic : a shop selling wines and liquors

2a: a restaurant serving liquor and providing entertainment (as by singers or dancers) : NIGHTCLUB

2b: the show provided at a cabaret

I'm of the opinion that Luann has no business being anywhere near the cabaret world or RHoNY while in the early stages of recovery. Would David Duchovny have left rehab to immediately work at the Bunny Ranch? Carrie Fisher at Walgreens? Ben Affleck at Caesars  Palace? Charlie Sheen... well, anywhere?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I think there is also a big difference between when they film in NY and when they film out of state. In NY, there are multiple film crews at hand to film each HW individually. When they are out of state, on a group trip - a finite crew is sent along with them. I think on this Florida trip they had 3 sets - each to film the women in groups of 2 or 3 and when all of the women are together they all set up from different angles.

The women were miffed that a car/driver and crew stayed behind to film Luann and were pissed at Luann to have no feelings for Sonja who just attended a meeting with Luann. Luann already had no sympathy for Sonja the other night face planting on the white floor.

Not only did Lu have no feelings of sympathy for Sonja when she face planted on the floor, she was INDIGNANT that no one came to check on HER! I mean, how dare they not see if Sonja's falling had caused her to take a bottle of vodka back to her room? She wanted to you know! (and probably did!)

• Love 10
5 hours ago, rehoboth said:

The day of the party, Ramona went off for drinks and flirting - production didn't send a crew off with her. I think they sent a crew with Luann hoping to capture her swigging from a flask, and instead they got Luann fawning over a poster of herself. I think seeing Ramona twitch and sip from a straw would have been more entertaining.

I think the focus of the cameras is one of the biggest issues here, for all of them.  I don't recall what the women were supposed to be doing when Sonja staged her fake meltdown about sand and water in their beach cabana. 

Was the plan to have lunch on the beach and then go home?  Or was the plan to have lunch on the beach, and then they would all ( or a smaller group) go for a walk to find Lu's cabaret poster?  Was Lu pissed when Sonja's hysterics led them all to leave before her poster was shown on camera, so she stayed behind to do it herself because that's what Bravo had promised her?  Was it Bethy who said they should leave when Sonja couldn't stand how uncouth it was that sand and water were found in the cabana?  Did Bethy want to scrap the viewing of Lu's poster and Sonja was a convenient excuse?

I'm just skeptical of everything shown and not shown these days.  It's all about creating conflict so viewers "stay tuned!"

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And you know their motive how?

I’m a psysic. Lol.  I’ve watched The View for years, and then it turned for the worse.  All of them.  All they do is bash .. it’s disgusting, IMO.  One worse than the other.  Hard to watch and not enjoyable.  One sided.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, smores said:

Not only did Lu have no feelings of sympathy for Sonja when she face planted on the floor, she was INDIGNANT that no one came to check on HER! I mean, how dare they not see if Sonja's falling had caused her to take a bottle of vodka back to her room? She wanted to you know! (and probably did!)

Sonja had just spent a whole bunch of drunkie time yelling and screaming at Luann.  I'm not surprised Lu didn't have sympathy the next day when she could see Sonja was fine and well.

As being mad that no one checked on her, yup, Lu's ego knows no bounds.  Bethy was the only one who came to look in on her, and it was only to try to yell at Lu, so Lu didn't get the sympathy she thought she might get for being Sonja's target for vitriol.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, izabella said:

m just skeptical of everything shown and not shown these days.  It's all about creating conflict so viewers "stay tuned!"

QFT. OTOH there wouldn’t be much of a show without some conflict. I think that’s why I’m losing interest. The formula has soured. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m a psysic. Lol.  I’ve watched The View for years, and then it turned for the worse.  All of them.  All they do is bash .. it’s disgusting, IMO.  One worse than the other.  Hard to watch and not enjoyable.  One sided.

Lol perfect response! Not saying you are wrong just wondered if you had insider knowledge!

• LOL 3
49 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Definition of cabaret

1: archaic : a shop selling wines and liquors

2a: a restaurant serving liquor and providing entertainment (as by singers or dancers) : NIGHTCLUB

2b: the show provided at a cabaret

I'm of the opinion that Luann has no business being anywhere near the cabaret world or RHoNY while in the early stages of recovery. Would David Duchovny have left rehab to immediately work at the Bunny Ranch? Carrie Fisher at Walgreens? Ben Affleck at Caesars  Palace? Charlie Sheen... well, anywhere?!

Smartest post yet.  Everywhere she turns there’s liquor day and night.  Even if she’s not drinking, everyone else is.  She’s around booze all the time, and who knows what else.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Smartest post yet.  Everywhere she turns there’s liquor day and night.  Even if she’s not drinking, everyone else is.  She’s around booze all the time, and who knows what else.

It’s true. But her probation ends in less than three months. She will celebrate by drinking excessively. I do wonder how many weeks before she gets into trouble with the law again.

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Lu was swimming when Barbara melted down, I believe.

Let’s move on from this.  🙂

Lu wasn't swimming. She was there about to go to the AA meeting.

Also before they leave for the AA meeting, Barbara tells the group that she’s been feeling like she’s doing this trip by herself and like she can’t fit in. All the women tell her that’s because she’s been bringing negative energy, and Luann, the friend who brought her into this group and who Barbara has defended endlessly (to the detriment of her developing relationships with the other women) shrugs: “People pick up on energy, energy is everything.” Listen, Barbara clearly cannot hang with this cast and I haven’t gotten a lot out of her this season, but she seems like a genuinely nice person, and when she choked out to Bethenny, “If you guys would rather I go home, I’ll go home,” it broke my heart a little.

https://ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-11-episode-15/

I don't think Barbara belongs in this cast. She is too normal. However, I don't have a problem with her popping up from time to time as a guest. This show has far too few guests and friends. Someone on Reddit found scenes in previous seasons where Barbara was in the background. Excluding the hot mic, she's been in the background of 2 or 3 other events. Dorinda being cast, Luann marrying Tom, and Moaner making out with Harry confirms how incestuous this group is. So I have no issues with Barbara being downgraded to a friend or guest.

Technically she's a friend now. I sense that she was signed as a full wife, but downgraded in the edit. There's just so much footage of her and it sort of explains some of her breakdown. She's been present at a ton of events and held quite a few of her own too, but she's made no real connections to any of them because she's had Luann's back. However, I want Barbara far away from Ramona if Barbara stays in the cast to any capacity. Ramona's nasty homophobia has been worse than Luann's entitlement, sanctimony, and narcissism.

I suspect if they keep Luann, they are going to make her go to therapy like they did with Porsha Williams (RHoA). Her inability to keep her shit together is making filming a challenge. So I suspect that they might force her into some measure of treatment.

Speaking of friends, I wish they'd bring Kristen back as a friend for Tinsley. Kristen is younger and mostly held her own with the women, except for Bethenny who was a grade A asshole and bitch with a capital C in season 7. Kristen is still with her jizz sock of a husband, but Tinsley needs to see someone who is close to her age, married with kids, whose life isn't perfect and still finds things to do with her time. Tinsley biggest problem is that she's fucking bored and isn't passionate about anything. I think Kristen would be great at making Tinsley understand that getting the husband and kid wouldn't necessarily make one happy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Speaking of friends, I wish they'd bring Kristen back as a friend for Tinsley. Kristen is younger and mostly held her own with the women, except for Bethenny who was a grade A asshole and bitch with a capital C in season 7. Kristen is still with her jizz sock of a husband, but Tinsley needs to see someone who is close to her age, married with kids, whose life isn't perfect and still finds things to do with her time. Tinsley biggest problem is that she's fucking bored and isn't passionate about anything. I think Kristen would be great at making Tinsley understand that getting the husband and kid wouldn't necessarily make one happy.

That's a very sweet and caring insight. :)

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

That's a very sweet and caring insight. 🙂

I thought Tinsley and Barbara weren’t coming back?  I like Tinsley .. lately she’s finding her voice and giving it back to some of them.  Someone Please get her a love interest so she can stay on the show.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s true. But her probation ends in less than three months. She will celebrate by drinking excessively. I do wonder how many weeks before she gets into trouble with the law again.

She'll be like Apollo Nida, off probation for a few days and then right back in the drunk tank.

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Tinsley won't make any progress, unfortunately, until she stops trying to be the Tinsley she was 15 years ago.  She has to be Tinsley 2019 rather than Tinsley 2004.  She's so desperate to figure out how to get back to the way she WAS rather than figure out how to move forward that she's just stuck spinning her wheels.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, ButterQueen said:

What did Beth want.  An apology on every episode.  Why did Lu need to talk about it on the show?  When was Lu ungrateful on the show to Beth?  I kept hearing how bad Lu was, but really never saw it.  Who wants to talk about these things on a television show?  Ramona didn’t talk about her marriage breakdown and Beth refuses to talk about her personal life.  It’s self preservation.

I think all Bethenny wanted was some kind of appreciation/loyalty in the normal sense of the word. I'm a modest, humble human being most of the time but if I'd done all Bethenny had for LuAnn, & then been cast aside or treated like any JoeBlow off the street, I'd have likely flipped too. The list Bethenny rattled off was over the top, above & beyond what most people are willing to do to help out their fellow (wo)man... 

Edited by IslandGirl
...writing is in the editing...
  • Love 11
On 6/12/2019 at 11:06 PM, twilightzone said:

Bethenny has already given Luann several passes.  I believe Bethenny.  She gave too many specific details.  I also think the other women knew the truth.   But once again, it's all about the entitled Countess and her inflated ego. 

We now know that she had violated her probation and never really stopped drinking.  And Page Six just reported that she is demanding a big raise for HW; thinking she's a "big star" because of her cabaret act.

When someone is in trouble and needs help, Bethenny is there.  I can’t believe how Nieves Lu is to forget how Bethenny and Dennis helped her, and to ask Dennis for 6 million dollars blows my mind.  Is she for real.  The woman is living in a dream world.  She can’t sing or perform on stage without other personalities to do the work.  She thinks her presence is enough.  What a putz.  People are going to see the side show, not talent.  In her mind, she really thinks she’s that good. Lol.  And entitled, most of all.  This was all pent up in Bethenny, and she was the only one who told Luann the truth.  She is not nuts .. she had enough of Luann and her entitlement and was the only one who had the balls to say it.

• Love 11
(edited)

Most of us have good points & bad points. Bethenny has lots of negative aspects to her personality, but when she sees someone in real peril, now that she has the means to help she feels compelled to. And that's a good thing; all her other negatives do not negate that.

But with LuAnn, all I see is a self centered woman. She was that way as a mother when her kids were growing up, which is why she couldn't relate to Bethenny wanting to go home to wake up early with her daughter post-Halloween. For me, both LuAnn & Bethenny have aspects to their personalities I don't care for, but I see Bethenny as having redeeming qualities while LuAnn does not...

Edited by IslandGirl
...writing is in the editing...
  • Love 12

I agree that Bethenny does reach out to help others and goes way over the top in the process but I personally believe she does these things for her own gratification more than for any altruistic or for any act of friendship.  She presents herself this way as the superhero and she looks for opportunities to demonstrate this to herself and the world.  I truly believe she enjoys it, because it reinforces her belief that she is better than everyone around her.  Her reaction to the lack of appreciation in my view is  more connected to her resentment that the recipient of her superhero help is not validating this fact and actually by being indifferent or ungrateful is in fact going up against her.  I just don't understand how she could call Luanne a snake and whore in an earlier season and then suddenly care about her as a  friend enough to do the intervention.  It is more Bethenny's narcissism than anything else, just doing things to enjoy watching the self look amazing to prove to everyone with evidence that yes... I am a superhero...see look!

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Think of Luann's mantra this season of why the women are so against her.

They all want to tear her down. They are all jealous of her. Bethenny's tirade is about Bethenny projecting.

Now think back to the season of her upcoming wedding with Tom. Luann's TH shots then could be super-imposed to this season. All of the women want to tear her down. They are all jealous that she got the engagement ring and the yacht and Tom. When Bethenny went to Luann in the Berkeshires and said I think he's a bad guy and if you have any doubts you should pull out now and not marry him. Luann said the same things in her TH shot - Bethenny was projecting her own issues.

The "Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom" has been replaced by "Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret"

The wedding season, Luann said something along the lines of "I look forward in life and will wave to the women in the rearview mirror"

I see the same future as she has alienated everyone in this group, only this time she will be facing forward towards the Police Car Camera while she tries to get out of those zip ties.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Think of Luann's mantra this season of why the women are so against her.

They all want to tear her down. They are all jealous of her. Bethenny's tirade is about Bethenny projecting.

Now think back to the season of her upcoming wedding with Tom. Luann's TH shots then could be super-imposed to this season. All of the women want to tear her down. They are all jealous that she got the engagement ring and the yacht and Tom. When Bethenny went to Luann in the Berkeshires and said I think he's a bad guy and if you have any doubts you should pull out now and not marry him. Luann said the same things in her TH shot - Bethenny was projecting her own issues.

The "Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom" has been replaced by "Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret"

The wedding season, Luann said something along the lines of "I look forward in life and will wave to the women in the rearview mirror"

I see the same future as she has alienated everyone in this group, only this time she will be facing forward towards the Police Car Camera while she tries to get out of those zip ties.

But it's kinda true. It's funny how invested they always are in dragging her down. Why? Because her larger than life persona really bugs them? I mean really. That's a reason to constantly try to bring Lu to her knees at every opportunity? I will never understand the logic that puts a persons annoyance above the well being of someone else. At the end of the day I can be annoyed with my co worker or friend but that would never give me the excuse to harshly cut them down using sensitive issues. It disgusts me to no end that Lu's biggest offense is that she annoys the other women. That's all. Has Lu ever made a conscious effort to affect the others lives in detrimental proportions? Has she's done underhanded dealings that reflected badly and cost the others their livelihood, business, family situation??? So why does she deserve such vitriol? Lu bugs them. I can't say this enough. SO WHAT!

They aren't trying to gently bring her back to reality, or give her a bit of a nudge (well Ramona, and earlier on Sonja were a bit more subtle) but most of the time the "reality check" is usually designed to have Lu come crashing down with a huge bang. That's why I  root for Lu and why I can't ever been 100% mad at her.  I think she knows there is some substance to some of their attempts to hold up a mirror but since they choose to go about it in such mean spirited ways Lu decides to do the whole "la la la I can't hear you" It's a tough spot to be in. Acknowledge they have a point and then watch the vulgar victory dances that will poke holes in her resolve or keep up with the indignant, "why can't you just be happy for me" front. To me that's what Lu does. I don't think she's completely delusional about her situation, her circumstances or what the women think. I think Lu just won't give them the satisfaction.

It's gotten harder over the last year because she does have so many tainted moments that they keep lobbying at her but she's stubborn and I think will Caberet her way through the whole barrage of attacks. This is the thing for me. When the others come for Lu it's so obvious that there's specific AIM used. The intent is so visible and so sharp and even if it's not a whole barrage the obscene nature of their volleys just feels so dirty

Like Tinsley with her chiming in once in a while. She may not say that much but the nastiness really comes through in her delivery and in her face. She can be callous and rude. I remember when they were at the table last season and she took that unecessary jab about Lu and Tom only being married for whatever... (in response to something Lu was criticizing, yeah, I know) but that was just uncalled for. I think Lu may have been speaking a bit out of turn but instead of just saying that, Tinsley made such a cutting remark and why? Because it's fun to hurt LuAnn.  That's the casts mantra. Maybe not all the time but the minute there's a blip on the radar that Lu's getting on the nerves the arsenal gets revved up and the heavy artilery comes out. 

I guess what always gets me is how eager these women are to be as hurtful as they can toward her. Yeah, sometimes they manage to get along, be civil but that doesn't last very long and in a heartbeat they find any reason at all to just be absolutely vicious that it makes my head spin. Lu may take some jabs here and there, may speak out of turn, or guff and wave off someone, and yes even had a couple of low blow moment but I don't think there's anything that's ever reached the viciousness that many of these cast mates have spit at her ON THE REGULAR. It's maddening that it doesn't really register just how much of a whipping boy Lu actually is. 

Hence, validating to a certain degree, her claims that they want to tear her down. 

• Love 6

I think they all want to tear one another down and Lu Anne is just an easier target than some.  She is really a troubled and disturbed soul in my view.  She has little connection to the real world and emotions of people around her and creates her own universe where she writes all the rules and is always justified to do what she desires.  I can't imagine what kind of a parent she was.  She is remarkably self involved and is in fact friend to no one but herself, and self destructive at that.  In my opinion, she sees people as vehicles to facilitate her goals and when they don't comply they are jealous, hateful, mean etc.  She is to a great extent impervious to their nastiness, forgiving the deepest and meanest slights to move on with the show.  She is another narcissist.

Her pursuit of cabaret acting in light of a struggle with alcohol shows a complete lack of acceptance of truth. She lives in a fantasy world of her own creation and people around her are just players in her manufactured drama she calls her life.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

I agree that Bethenny does reach out to help others and goes way over the top in the process but I personally believe she does these things for her own gratification more than for any altruistic or for any act of friendship.  She presents herself this way as the superhero and she looks for opportunities to demonstrate this to herself and the world.  I truly believe she enjoys it, because it reinforces her belief that she is better than everyone around her.  Her reaction to the lack of appreciation in my view is  more connected to her resentment that the recipient of her superhero help is not validating this fact and actually by being indifferent or ungrateful is in fact going up against her.  I just don't understand how she could call Luanne a snake and whore in an earlier season and then suddenly care about her as a  friend enough to do the intervention.  It is more Bethenny's narcissism than anything else, just doing things to enjoy watching the self look amazing to prove to everyone with evidence that yes... I am a superhero...see look!

And I think Lu knows this. And I think that's why she had no plans of fawning over Beth. Knowing this is what Beth wants at the expense of Lu's pride, which lets be honest Lu has short supply of these days. Lu's trying to start fresh, put some of the negative behind her,  wipe the egg off her face and bounce back while Beth is screaming at her to give her credit. Beth's need for public acknowledgment supersedes Lu's ongoing struggle to get passed the difficult obstacles in her life.. Don'tcha know?

I don't think Lu would mind giving Beth appreciation, but Beth wants that appreciation to be wrapped in Lu's humiliation and I don't care if you breathed air into The Countess and got her heart beating again. Lu ain't never gonna give you that satisfaction my dear and she shouldn't have to. That's not the kinda price you put on helping someone. But that's what our Beth requires. 

• Love 6