Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Life is Not a Cabaret

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

After the trauma I went through? Sonja for the love of god it was a AA meeting calm the fuck down. 

That was Sonja making the meeting all about her which is something all of these women do.  Heaven forbid the focus isn't on them 24/7.  Everyone is bitching about how selfish Luann is being, but it's a vacation!  Not a therapy retreat.  If you ask me Luann is the only sane one in this bunch.  I don't blame her for just chilling and enjoying herself instead babysitting the whiny bunch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Does Bethenny really have to make the “they are all so old no one still gets their period except me” jokes twice in the season?  Carry some tampons Bethenny!  GO TO SLEEEEEP!

She's sooooo rude.  She's so so so so so so so rude.  I can't believe her.

• Love 22
35 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did you see how calm Dorinda was???? 😂

I think that Dorinda, Ramona and Sonja were all stunned and a little freaked out by Bethenny's breakdown.  They were pretty much speechless.  I did hear Ramona at one point saying something, and it seemed like she was crying, but I'm not sure.  

This was another one of those episodes that disturbed and upset me.  

• Love 19
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I feel traumatized

Bethenny's meltdown was too much for me.  It was unsettling.

I know everyone deals with grief differently and Bethenny is Bethenny, it just weirds me out that she brought Dennis into it.  Which I am judging by my standards.  If it works for Bethenny's healing, boiling over and screaming, okay.

Dennis isn't here to say whether or not B was correct on all her statements. Maybe she is.  Maybe she put her own hot sauce on it.

I have sat silent while someone proclaimed how much Stupendous Man loved her (friend love) and she was one of his closest friends on lots of occasions .  He couldn’t stand her.  I could have told her that. But what would be the point?

It just came across as B venting and taking out how miserable she is over Dennis.  And maybe Lu deserves it.

I'm just not sure how productive it was for Lu getting a clue or B healing in a productive way.

The whole scene made me all crawly and unsettled.

This show!  It just forces me to confront death stuff.

full house sigh GIF

• Love 17
(edited)

Some pictures for you guys.  While I'm here, does anybody know the brand of Tinsley's huge, fabulous watch?

Intervention sunglasses

b592_n.jpg

Queen of Side-Eye64518273_2219379681706187_4436778719452856320_n.jpg

Reaction to Luann's audacity

62606733_467220077372066_6247917126246465536_n.jpg

64459750_2263896523925181_8474836400544415744_n.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18

During the episode, when Sonja was talking about the people at the AA meeting she made some reference to the townhouse.  On WWHL she made that clear...she felt bad that she would not be able to bring them back to her townhouse and give them a job. Like the people she said would probably be sleeping on the beach and doing drugs would be happy to what, become her latest batch of interns?   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, RedInk said:

But this season's special, trademarked breakdown also allowed her to spill ALL of Lu's unheard, dirty secrets with no accountability because everyone can agree that she "just snapped." Poor thing had taken enough. Boo.

Yeah, I don't feel good about that either.  I agree that Luann is extremely entitled and it's making everyone snap/be upset, but Bethenny doing that is just way too low.  Lower than acting entitled.  They have to rise above and ignore Luann's behaviour and think of her as a selfish coworker, but then there'd be no show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I do think Barb has a right to be upset with Lu not being more helpful in bringing her into the group and making her feel welcome when everyone else is too busy doing their own thing BUT at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Barb also saw her annoyance with Lu as a way to get in good with the group.

Lu is a piece of work. She lectured Sonja about her outfit meanwhile she left wearing a see through skirt with a big ass slip up the front. That said, Sonja went to that meeting because Bethenny told her to go. She refused each time Lu suggested it. So when she felt a certain way about what she heard at the meeting, it was disingenuous for her to act like Lu was the one that forced her to go and then didn't care when she was having an emotional reaction to it. Truthfully, Lu didn't show much compassion, and truthfully, I do think Sonja was putting it on a bit. She came back from a meeting having listened to the things people have lost in their life because of their alcoholism and her reaction was to cry because some fancy hotel cabana had some water and sand in your vicinity. She was already laughing and seemed fine by the time they were walking to the car to go back to the house. Another point in defense of Lu, they know she can't drink, at least not in front of cameras and all of their events are alcohol fueled. If she wants to slip away for some hours and not have to deal with that, then don't make that an issue when you've got so many other things about her behaviour that you can get upset about and call her out on.

I honestly don't like people confronting in a group setting where a band of people jump in, especially when they aren't involved in the issue at hand (Tinsley being the biggest culprit). It reads more like a gang up. Barb and Bethenny had legit gripes to address but Bethenny was ridiculously over the top and aggressive. Your anger doesn't give you the right to interject on my personal space and shove objects near my face. Lu definitely owes Bethenny more thoughtfulness and consideration but the way she rattled off the list of things she did for Lu, that to me doesn't reflect positively on Bethenny. If I make myself available to someone and after time realize that I'm not any kind of priority in their life even when I could use some support, then I ween you out of my life, I'm not rattling off a list of things I've done for you as if I'm been keeping score and holding it in my back pocket just in case I need to throw it in your face. The only person that came off well this episode to me is Ramona and that's saying a lot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Those lists of networths are a joke! Carole's husband wasn't a Kennedy. Gah, Beth sold part of her company for more than what her listed net worth is. Too funny. The lists look like a regurgitated list gone duplicate is all. IOW, no research.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
48 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Some pictures for you guys.  While I'm here, does anybody know the brand of Tinsley's huge, fabulous watch?

Intervention sunglasses

b592_n.jpg

Queen of Side-Eye64518273_2219379681706187_4436778719452856320_n.jpg

Reaction to Luann's audacity

62606733_467220077372066_6247917126246465536_n.jpg

64459750_2263896523925181_8474836400544415744_n.jpg

I believe Tinsley's watch is a Rolex Datejust.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Admittedly I just started watching this episode, but my favorite moment was Ramona reclining in bed with her perfectly product-placed bottle of Ageless By Ramona. 

And then Bethenny entering in her fuzzy hooded robe, giant PJ’s, and sunnies, declaring that Ramona and Sonja need to open the door because it’s hot in the room.

And Luann suddenly appearing right when it’s time to discuss Sonja going to the Olcoholics (sic) Anonymous meeting.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Are you serious?  LuAnne has more money than Bethenny?  How?  She can’t be making THAT much from doing cabaret!

In no way does Luanne have more money than Bethenny.  If that was true, why would she need to borrow 6 million dollars from Dennis to buy a mansion?  Luanne seems to only be a notch over Sonja if you ask me.

• Love 24
45 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm guessing you didn't read them too closely because this link lists the notoriously unreliable Celebrity Net Worth as their source.

According to the website Celebrity Net Worth,

People says:

Here, we look at the top 10 richest Housewives currently on the show based on data from net worth websites — which, as our friends at Money pointed out, should be taken with a grain of salt.

So even People is saying that their sources on this matter are bullshit. People also says that Carole has a net worth of $50 million and has this to say about her:

Oh, and did we mention that she’s a princess … and a Kennedy? Her late husband, Anthony, was the nephew of John F. Kennedy on his mother’s side and technically a Polish prince on his father’s. 

Her husband was JFK's nephew, but he wasn't a Kennedy. He was a Bouvier on his mother's side. Anthony's father, Stas, died $30 million in debt thanks to Lee's spending. Anthony and Carole got a piece of furniture and $500K from Jackie. If you look at how Celebrity Net Worth and The Richest arrive at the $50 million figure it is based on the bizarre belief the Radziwill family still owns these castles, even though the Radziwill castle in Warsaw is the Presidential Palace of Poland. Yeah, let's see Carole stroll up to that, ring the bell, and kick the President of Poland out of the fucking Polish White House. Also WW II and the communist revolution, that famously swept through eastern Europe and took wealth and holdings from the wealthy and redistributed to the people, both happened.

This last one lists the following sources:

This ranking was formed using the latest net worth information we could find on these popular housewives, using Forbes.com, CelebrityNetWorth.com and TheRichest.com, among other sources. Most data was pulled sometime between 2012 and 2018.

We know that The Richest and Celebrity Net Worth are constantly wrong. Forbes because it's a reputable publication will put a big honking caveat at the top of their lists stating that they have no real basis for coming up with these numbers and there's is nothing close to factual or reliable in their net worth estimates.

Hilariously, the one person who is almost never on these richest housewives lists because we have actual proof of their wealth through some of their high profile financial dealings is Adrienne Maloof. There are and were things the Malooves had to disclose publicly when they bought and sold their ownership percentages of the Palms and the Sacramento Kings. They did, at one point, have a family net worth of more than a billion dollars. They don't have that now, but they are probably still close to the half billion dollar mark.

Those wealth rankings for housewives are complete junk. Luann has nowhere near that amount of money. Luann is probably better off financially than Sonja, but not by much. It's also clear from all of her bankruptcy court dealings that Sonja got a very significant settlement that she stupidly blew. We know this because she was forced to sell a number of properties to satisfy her creditors and JA still owes her $3 million.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

Sonja is incorrect about Luann liking to go to AA meetings because Luann likes to be on stage. Luann can't like those meetings too much because she's only been to 5 of them; 3 of them on this fucking show.

Luann also wondering why Sonja didn't share her discomfort about the meeting in the car is another indication of how awful and self-absorbed Luann is. Why would anyone chance being vulnerable around Luann? Luann is completely incapable of feeling empathy or displaying loyalty. Ninety minutes before that car ride Luann was rapaciously tearing into her pal Barbara about Barbara's bad energy and how Barbara didn't try to fit in. Bitch please! Luann set Barbara up to fail.

1 hour ago, MadLove said:

For me the real tragedy was next weeks previews. Lu is recording a new song. Lord help us all.

I'm hoping someone (Ben of WWC) comes up with a parody of the song. Perhaps, "Felon Jailvani."

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with this 100%.  My opinion on this is that Bethenny grew up in a very volatile household.  I'm sure there were plenty of knock-down, drag out fights in her childhood, and that is the only thing she knows.   

(snip only for space)

Excellent post, njbchlover. 

The other women have not quite perfected that level of condescension yet.

Luann has made an art form out of her condescension - there's a brazen "ta da!" quality to it that feels like salt in the wound. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm guessing you didn't read them too closely because this link lists the notoriously unreliable Celebrity Net Worth as their source.

People says:

So even People is saying that their sources on this matter are bullshit. People also says that Carole has a net worth of $50 million and has this to say about her:

Her husband was JFK's nephew, but he wasn't a Kennedy. He was a Bouvier on his mother's side. Anthony's father, Stas, died $30 million in debt thanks to Lee's spending. Anthony and Carole got a piece of furniture and $500K from Jackie. If you look at how Celebrity Net Worth and The Richest arrive at the $50 million figure it is based on the bizarre belief the Radziwill family still owns these castles, even though the Radziwill castle in Warsaw is the Presidential Palace of Poland. Yeah, let's see Carole stroll up to that, ring the bell, and kick the President of Poland out of the fucking Polish White House. Also WW II and the communist revolution, that famously swept through eastern Europe and took wealth and holdings from the wealthy and redistributed to the people, both happened.

This last one lists the following sources:

We know that The Richest and Celebrity Net Worth are constantly wrong. Forbes because it's a reputable publication will put a big honking caveat at the top of their lists stating that they have no real basis for coming up with these numbers and there's is nothing close to factual or reliable in their net worth estimates.

Hilariously, the one person who is almost never on these richest housewives lists because we have actual proof of their wealth through some of their high profile financial dealings is Adrienne Maloof. There are and were things the Malooves had to disclose publicly when they bought and sold their ownership percentages of the Palms and the Sacramento Kings. They did, at one point, have a family net worth of more than a billion dollars. They don't have that now, but they are probably still close to the half billion dollar mark.

Those wealth rankings for housewives are complete junk. Luann has nowhere near that amount of money. Luann is probably better off financially than Sonja, but not by much. It's also clear from all of her bankruptcy court dealings that Sonja got a very significant settlement that she stupidly blew. We know this because she was forced to sell a number of properties to satisfy her creditors and JA still owes her $3 million.

Plus those lists also show Vicki Gunnvalson being worth $7M and we know from her divorce settlement with Donn that she's not worth anywhere near that despite owning Coto Insurance.  And the same is true of Shannon Beador.  No way she and David are worth $20M after the back and forth they had with their divorce settlement.  Those lists simply aren't reliable.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ticklemepink said:

Can someone explain to me how or why Bethenny ever decided to help Luann so much? She’s hated and been resentful of Luann since the beginning of this show, has had horrible explosive in-your-face moments with her in the past, and they have never had a true friendship. Why did she get so involved in her life?

Clearly, so she could use it against Luann later. Codependent dysfunction. Bethenny who says she didn't have parents  grew up was prob holding her moms hair while she vomited from eating disorders then the next day could use it against her in a fight. The Princess of Belmont Park when she needed access to priveledge, VIP seats, a car & daddys money and the next day back in mom and stepdad camp. Yawn. Bethenny's dysfunction is unoriginal and hard to watch. 

5 hours ago, RedInk said:

that grand mal shitshow Bethenny put on. That was a transparant performance that checks the main B boxes - everyone's attention and concern, and reinforced position as martyr/victim #1. OK, standard playbook stuff. But this season's special, trademarked breakdown also allowed her to spill ALL of Lu's unheard, dirty secrets with no accountability because everyone can agree that she "just snapped." Poor thing had taken enough. Boo.

Perfectly said!!!!!!!!! Grand mal shitshow! Lol This was Bethennys calculated performance of the season. Crashing the chandelier before intermission like Phantom. 

4 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

That was the most masterful, manipulative, self-important, self-aggrandizing performance I have ever seen.

I am looking right at you, B. In fact, I can see right through you. I would die in the street before I let the likes of Bethenny Frankel help me with so much as a hangnail. 

She actually managed to take all relevant issues with Lu and render them meaningless so she could grandstand about Dennis's death. I have seen a new depth of disgusting I didn't think was possible. 

This. Luann sucks for sure. But Bethenny has been SALIVATING since the day she helped Luann to use it against her on camera. And here we are.  

Barb is just odd. Not a fit here. Cut your hair and lay off the tanning! 

I love Tinsley!!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Ok... That was a rough one...

Ma take on it : Bethenny went back to her childhood and LuAnn = Bernadette, if that makes sense. But it was hard to watch, because it was deep and real.

She really let loose on Lu, I think a therapist would call it transference(?), it was probably a great release for Beth, none of her on camera therapy sessions hit home like that!  Beth's constant mourning of Dennis is odd, it was an on again, off again relationship and his death  has made her forget the reason's they were off, a lot.  In death she is making him out to be a saint and angry because none of the women are mourning him like she is.  It must be confusing for all of them since Bethenny moved on so quickly but she still wants them to bring her casseroles, (as Vicki G. equates to people caring).  

• Love 21

Ramona and Lu’s treatment of Barbara in the early part of the episode upset me.  It was just cruel.   I hope Ramona catches as-yet uncategorized social diseases from Harry the Grub Dubin and continues fine-tuning her face tweaks.  Ugh.

• Love 14

Tinsley is a pretty woman her makeup at dinner was horrible. No ones hair looked like they had a blow out.  

I loved a lot of clothes on this trip.  Bethany’s bathing suit coverups were all so beautiful.   Sonja first AA outfit may not have been appropriate but I loved it.  Doris also looked fabulous in her white dinner paint suit. 

Now bravo is moving the last two episodes to Thursday.  What are we going to do on Wednesday now?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I get being frustrated by Lu and her belief she's Bebe NoWorth (hello broadway pun*!).

But, I mean, they've met her, she'd rather go off on a coke fueled bender and wake up naked on the wrong side of Palm Beach than say a gracious and sincere thank you.

It feels like they're deliberately setting themselves up to be angry.

It's just not her thing.....

*stolen from my cousin who stole it from somebody else I imagine.......

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, MadLove said:

For me the real tragedy was next weeks previews. Lu is recording a new song. Lord help us all.

I agree.  Who tells her she’s a good singer? She couldn’t carry a tune in a bushel basket. She’s delusional if she thinks people come to her show because of her musical “talent.” I think probably because she’s more like a carnival act. And, did I see in the previews for next week because of all the drama she said, I need a drink?” I wonder how long will her sobriety last?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8