Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Life is Not a Cabaret

• Start Topic

I try to watch this HoWives franchise as much as possible so maybe what I have ascertained isn't the popular opinion but I see a group of women who appear to be afraid to stand up to Bethenny/disagree with her/challenge her to the right to have a difference of opinion, they're not self confident enough to disagree with her and tell her so. Just my observation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Sorry for your loss, LilMissJac (and for having a freind co-opt you rloss).

Exactly.  This is who Bethenny now is, full stop.

She didn't go postal because of Dennis, or his overdose, Luann's entitlement, or the custody battle, or Jason or a millon other reasons. She did it because that's who she is, now: a woman who feels no hesitation (or remorse) about savaging people who have displeased her.

As @WatcherWoman mentioned, they played the clip on The View today and Megan McCain went into a laundry list of excuses (Bethenny's grieving, etc)  and Sonny Hostin cut her off and said Bethenny went after her son, on the beach, in exactly the same way.  A little boy playing on the beach in the afternoon was subjected to Frankel screaming like a lunatic at him. Bethenny's "reason"? The awful thing motivating her to lose her shit on a child?  Bryn (then a toddler) was napping with an open window, and the kids (clearly ungrateful & entitled assholes deserving of being attacked) were daring to play on the beach during Bryn's nap time - that's who Bethenny Frankel has become.  It's not a phase, it's who she is. It's not a life event, it's who she is. The charming wiseass who used to hawk muffins and roller skate her way into the New York city night is no more.  In her place is a deeply sick woman who vomits her unresolved hate, rage and bitterness onto anyone annoying her  - be it Luann, a woman standing in her way at a concert, a woman with an ED - or a little boy playing on the beach.

Exactly.  I certainly don't blame her for being upset if she truly did all that for Lu and feels that Lu is ungrateful.  However, there's a part of me that feels like she's kept score for this exact opportunity.  And when Lu didn't give her the reaction she was after, she decided to spill all of the embarrassing things.  Lu remaining calm and unapologetic results in Beth and her breathless, going to have a heart attack delivery.

I feel like Beth has achieved a level of success and riches beyond her wildest imagination and has realized she still isn't happy.  What do you do when you realize that wealth and success doesn't mean your life will be blissfully happy? Blame others?  I don't know.  Out of all of the HWs, I think she needs the most help therapeutically.  Her outbursts haven't been strictly for the cameras.

I truly hope she gets some help and can go back to the Beth of Seasons 1 and 2.  She seemed happier in those days.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I try to watch this HoWives franchise as much as possible so maybe what I have ascertained isn't the popular opinion but I see a group of women who appear to be afraid to stand up to Bethenny/disagree with her/challenge her to the right to have a difference of opinion, they're not self confident enough to disagree with her and tell her so. Just my observation.

They've all seen what happens when you challenge Beth too much.  You lose your apple.  Of course, Carole claimed not to be fired, but Beth shaded her on that.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, Emmeline said:

This is how Bethenny was transcribed by E News.  I want more details.  Lu was very close to getting arrested again.  She just didn’t quite get caught.  

"I took weeks of my life for you!" Bethenny says. "I had lawyers come to your house on a Sunday. I spoke to your kids. I sat outside in your driveway to make sure that you didn't drive your car. You almost crashed the boat and killed your friends! You were running in a field in negligee and had to be taken in cop cars and I made sure that they didn't record it so you didn't ultimately get arrested."

Apparently Bethenny and Barbara went the extra mile for LuAnn. I doubt we'll ever know all the juicy details but a girl can hope LOL    It sounds like Bethenny saved LuAnn from getting arrested AGAIN. That would have been really bad........she probably would have gotten jail time for violating her probation with another drunken escapade. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Apparently Bethenny and Barbara went the extra mile for LuAnn. I doubt we'll ever know all the juicy details but a girl can hope LOL    It sounds like Bethenny saved LuAnn from getting arrested AGAIN.    That would have been really bad........she probably would have gotten jail time for violating her probation with another drunken escapade. 

I would like to know how she "saved" LuAnn from getting arrested again.  Does she have that much power?  Or is this a case of Beth exaggerating again?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, they could have sent someone to fetch them, but that isn’t the point. Their point was that Lu was so far up her own butt that she didn’t read their text and bring anything back. She kept saying that she was at the beach for only 2 hours whereas the ladies clocked it more like 4. Perhaps a little drinky-poo and a nap? Then of course she had to go see the poster of herself and set it up on instagram (which she played off as “Oh look what I’ve come across” rather than the truth that she sought it out). Disingenuous with no shame about it. That didn’t end her entitlement. How dare the hairdresser want to leave and not do her hair. A crying shame that her massage felt rushed. They hired 3 masseuses. One was nice enough to at least give her a short rub down. Then hold up production and the others for dinner. What’s wrong with those people? They aren’t running on Lu time. She didn’t even care that they were running late to the AA meeting. Sonja was by the door waiting. I believe her words were something like “No judgement”. She clearly does not see anyone or anything else isimportant unless it benefits her. She’s a pompous asshole. 

Luann said to Ramona - about the massage people were running in and out of her room every 5 minutes. Who the heck was she talking about? Were they Miami friends doing pasta in her bathroom?

Another thing that confused me was Luann's "room" I could have sworn the original room Luann chose was on the ground floor with Barbara in the suite next to her because she told Tinsley no this is for me and Barbara. I thought Luann picked those rooms because there was a bit more privacy for Luann to bring in guys to bang and have her own drink/coke soirees.

When Ramona went to get Luann for dinner, she went upstairs. Am I correct that Luann changed rooms?

I also noticed Luann's door had the "shade" down again so the don't want to get sunlight in my eyes in the morning excuse doesn't fly with me as the door faces the inside of the building

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Those sites professing to know how much howives are worth are hilarious. Carole R. has said many times that she does not have anywhere near the $50 million that is constantly attributed to her. They claim that Denise Richards gets over $50,000 a month from Charlie Sheen, where in reality she gets $20,000. Lu's is hilarious though as the one site claims that part of Lu's $50 mill comes from acting (do they mean what she is doing now on RH?), modelling and her time as a nurse. I had no idea being a LPN paid such good wages.

I would guess that Lu is likely the least wealthy of the NY wives, except for maybe Sonja. The apartment she rented last year was a hovel. And a few years before she was homeless in NY, living with Sonja. That is why she latched onto Tom so quickly, and put up with being humiliated time after time - because she thought he had money. I am beginning to think that Lu's cabaret act is a way to keep her apple on the show as it is the only story line she has. And I would think the show pays better than the bottom line of her act. It is amazing to me though that she really thinks people are coming to hear her talk her way through a song or two. Talk about delusional. 

Agreed.  If Radzi had that type of wealth, I doubt she would've been on that show to begin with.  

I also suspect Lu's insufferable diva is also an act.  Not that she hasn't always been entitled, but I think much of this diva behavior is an act, just like Sonja's crazy is amped for the camera.  I believe they both have elements of it, but they are taking it up to 11 to keep the employment they both desperately need.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Thanks Quita!

They started filming in August 2018. The townhouse was empty - remember Sonja going there to look at the wet drapes? Do you know if she rented the place out between August 2018 and Feb 2019. I think she might have moved back in after the show stopped filming. I just don't picture anyone paying $32K to live in piss/mold/brown ice

I thought Sonja said it was rented, at least for a few months. I can't imagine anyone paying that much either. That house needs a good scrubbing from top to bottom in addition to a makeover. The furniture, rugs, everything just looks so dated.

In an interview I read, she said her new apartment is only a two year commitment, so I don't know what she's planning to do after that. Maybe back to the townhouse?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I would like to know how she "saved" LuAnn from getting arrested again.  Does she have that much power?  Or is this a case of Beth exaggerating again?

From the transcript it sounds like LuAnn was running through a field in a negligee.     My guess is she was hammered.    Since LuAnn didn't deny any of it, it's probably true.  It's not clear if "almost crashing the boat and killing friends" was part of the same incident or not.  Unfortunately, out in the Hamptons it's not uncommon for rich white folk to get away with their drunken behavior. I believe both Sonja and Ramona were involved in car accidents late at night after leaving a club. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

From the transcript it sounds like LuAnn was running through a field in a negligee.     My guess is she was hammered.    Since LuAnn didn't deny any of it, it's probably true.  It's not clear if "almost crashing the boat and killing friends" was part of the same incident or not.  Unfortunately, out in the Hamptons it's not uncommon for rich white folk to get away with their drunken behavior. I believe both Sonja and Ramona were involved in car accidents late at night after leaving a club. 

I'm just wondering how much of an exaggeration that was.  Did she talk the cops out of arresting her?  Whatever the case, I believe Beth did a lot to help out Lu.  I believe she has a right to be upset with her if she has done everything she said and Lu is ungrateful.  I just think she could've done it without bringing the dead boyfriend into it.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Bethenny is ragging on Luann for having "sequin earmuffs"  regarding Sonja's breakdown but Bethenny didn't respond very kindly to Barbara when she was upset and essentially saying that no one was interested in her at all this trip.  In fact they ALL threw it back on Barbara for having bad energy.  The motor-mouthing they all do is actually incredible - they can really escalate any situation and make it worse.

It took her a minute but Bethenny  listened, she said to go out and make friends, she commiserated about Luann not being there and she hugged her. How does that equate to Luann not acknowledging Sonja, and going to the beach alone? 

• Love 8

Bethenny's reaction was extreme and while we could see the anger in LuAnn's face, she managed to keep her cool.

I think that Bethenny was a good friend to LuAnn over the summer. LuAnn, like a lot of addicts seem to resent the very people that provide the most amount of help. Most addicts never get around to adequately thanking the people who were there with them in the trenches time after time. Bethenny wanted some appreciation but it wasn't forthcoming. B was wrong to spill all the tea on LuAnn.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

In what is fast becoming The Battle of the Bitches: 2019 Miami Edition, I can't side with either Lu or B. Both are heinous excuses for human beings and sadly, both didn't fall too far from the same narcissistic tree, and therein lies the problem. When you have one narcissist expecting another narcissist to respect them and make them Priority #1 you're gonna have a problem on your hands because neither can ever be satiated in the "me Me ME" department. So they're going at each other with all they've got, the only difference is that B knows she can garner support from the other Ho's with her over the top emotional histrionics, whilst the Cuntess has zero fucks to give and can sit there and rage internally whilst keeping an ice cold veneer towards her attacker. Both of them are an embarrassment to human beings, to women, to basically everything and everyone they've ever come in contact with. Simply put, both are horrible human beings and we're all complicit in their awful behavior because we won't stop watching...

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

They are all self involved narcissists. But the others, even Ramona, can feign interest at the least. Yes, Lu does dine out on her sobriety.  They are all narcissists, every one of them, but Lu doesn't think anyone but her has feelings, that their life events matter. She can't even pretend. The other women at least pretend. 

Bethenny is losing it, but Luann pushes all of the buttons and then sits back smug and satisfied that she gets a reaction. 

Luann is so awful. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

After watching this week's RHOBH, where they showed the devastating fires (and the fact that Camille lost her home), I don't give a shit about someone's feelings being hurt yet again,

Yeah. At least the pompous rich (RHOBH) people in Southern California get a reality check ocassionally in a really horrible way. But not everyone who lost everything in those tragic wild fires are as wealthy as Camille.

Try being a woman (not me) attempting to evacuate your home (as instructed by Fire Marshalls) and you can't see your way down the road because the smoke is so thick. Your car is beginning to overheat from the inferno outside your car. It stalls. You get out to hopefully find another person but can't see through the smoke. You can't find/see anyone and when you attempt to get back in your car, the door handles are melted. These entitled bitches (yes YOU Betheny) think you had such a tough time in life. Fuck off. And helping the Haitians doesn't give you a free forever pass to feel good about yourself. You suck Frankel.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 9
(edited)
32 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm just wondering how much of an exaggeration that was.  Did she talk the cops out of arresting her?  Whatever the case, I believe Beth did a lot to help out Lu.  I believe she has a right to be upset with her if she has done everything she said and Lu is ungrateful.  I just think she could've done it without bringing the dead boyfriend into it.

Maybe ........maybe not.    She seemed to be saying that LuAnn's drunken episode and intervention occurred around the same time as Dennis' OD and death.   That's something LuAnn was too self-involved to acknowledge.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Bethenny is ragging on Luann for having "sequin earmuffs"  regarding Sonja's breakdown but Bethenny didn't respond very kindly to Barbara when she was upset and essentially saying that no one was interested in her at all this trip.  In fact they ALL threw it back on Barbara for having bad energy.  The motor-mouthing they all do is actually incredible - they can really escalate any situation and make it worse.

So true...Bethenny is clearly the Alpha female of this group...she is the Cersi of RHONY. She has no true loyalties to any of these women and will cut a bitch if they try to usurp her throne. The Bethenny/Sonja thing is an outlier. The sniping by all of these women at Barbara was breathtaking in its nastiness. She seemed very vulnerable to me at that moment when she was expressing herself as feeling alone and not accepted. The pouncing by these shrews was mean girl level 1000. They all did it and never apologized. Why Barbara would want to remain on this show after that is beyond me...the protectiveness that Bethenny displays with drunk floozy Sonja but didn't show to Barbara was obvious.

• Love 10

Last year it was either on WWHL, or on the show, Bethenny made comments that Lu was actually a soft hearted person who happened to be tall with a husky voice, so people had the wrong impression of Lu.    Did she lie last year?  Did she say it because Bethenny was choosing new sides against Carole?  I wonder about these things, which probably means I think too much about these crazies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Um, B?  You were dating someone else when Dennis died.  But it’s Lu’s fault he died?  OK.

But it's a good ploy to ratchet up the sympathy and try to be the victim of endless tragedies in her life. Poor, poor Bethenny. When will the horrors in her life ever end.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, watcherwoman said:

Last year it was either on WWHL, or on the show, Bethenny made comments that Lu was actually a soft hearted person who happened to be tall with a husky voice, so people had the wrong impression of Lu.    Did she lie last year?  Did she say it because Bethenny was choosing new sides against Carole?  I wonder about these things, which probably means I think too much about these crazies.

A little bit of both, I presume.  I think Luann can be fun to be around, can be forgiving (B said she never expected or could even ask Lu to forgive the Berkshires fight) and sweet when she’s either partying or humbled.  And Bethenny at the time was predisposed to see the good in Luann, and overlook the bad.

But, Luann never stays humbled for long.  And she’s insufferable when she’s trying to be more than “just Lu”, whether it’s going full Countess or living large as a Cabaret Star.  And now, she’s (supposedly) not drinking, so the partying and bonding is very different.  Basically, it’s the worst of all worlds right now:  a driven Star out to prove she’s the best, with nothing to soften her edges.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, b2H said:

I missed the show last night, due to the hockey game, but caught the screaming wench on WWHL.

B needs help.  More than this show can give her.  If anyone is hanging on to an event, it's B.  I'm sorry she lost the love of her life, even though he wasn't completely committed to her (let's not forget - Dennis' divorce was not final at the time of her death).  Let's also not forget that she made his death and is still making his death all about her.  She is running away from her problems by accusing Lu and doing all the charity work, in an effort to avoid having to deal with it.

I don't excuse Lu her behavior.  Not at all.  But B is becoming a basket case, what with this and her continuing litigation with her ex and custody.  

It's all getting tiresome because she's not moving on either.  And drugs and alcohol don't mix, I don't care who it is.  Getting closer to being done with this franchise if this continues.  They're ruining everything with the shrieking.  And no, this isn't normal.

Not to mention that this group of women cannot go to a nice restaurant without having a major fight break out that includes cursing, screaming, sometimes drinks being thrown and glasses broken. I do feel bad for the other patrons there who had to have had their expensive dinners ruined by a bunch of banshees. Nice role modeling for your daughters ladies! Oh...and GO BLUES...that game was awesome!

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

She doesn’t know how to converse with a man.  She acts like a child.

OMG...right? Good grief...she's yapping to this guy about her arrest, mug shot, frozen eggs and looking for marriage material all in a matter of a few minutes...and then she follows it up by making out with this guy? She's high school level immature and stupid.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly.  I certainly don't blame her for being upset if she truly did all that for Lu and feels that Lu is ungrateful.  However, there's a part of me that feels like she's kept score for this exact opportunity.  And when Lu didn't give her the reaction she was after, she decided to spill all of the embarrassing things.  Lu remaining calm and unapologetic results in Beth and her breathless, going to have a heart attack delivery.

I think Beth has disliked Luann for years.

She can put it aside and play nice when it suits her purposes, but she just barely tolerates her.

I also believe that she did all those things for Lu both to keep score and to feed her messiah complex.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Not to mention that this group of women cannot go to a nice restaurant without having a major fight break out that includes cursing, screaming, sometimes drinks being thrown and glasses broken. I do feel bad for the other patrons there who had to have had their expensive dinners ruined by a bunch of banshees. Nice role modeling for your daughters ladies! Oh...and GO BLUES...that game was awesome!

I think the patrons are paid to be there and not react!

But on your last comment, GO BLUES is right!  Great game last night.  I'm a Caps fan so seeing them win last year was incredible; Blues fans waited even longer and I couldn't be happier!  And Ryan O'Reilly is soooo yummy.

Ryan-OReilly.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Love 3

I'm was raised to believe that people don't owe people. Like, if I help out a friend, it's not right to expect payback. 

I definitely think the Real Housewives believe the EXACT OPPOSITE.  Each and every one of them creates a scorecard of their good deeds and heaven help those who don't reciprocate.  The most famous example is Jill Zarin. The battle between Kandi and Kim in Atlanta.  Kim and Kyle.  Now Bethenny.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Um, B?  You were dating someone else when Dennis died.  But it’s Lu’s fault he died?  OK.

Bethenny did NOT say that.

• Love 15

sasha206...long suffering Caps fan here, too. (Langway, Mike Gartner, etc)  Back in the day (80's/90's) Mr. Kemper worked with a guy who bought the season's tickets; then three or four of them would go over the schedule and split up the two tickets; we got to go to maybe 10 games a year.  Many playoff heartbreaks til last year.  I digress.

I think last night's show was my swan song.  Watching Bethany rage was one of the most disturbing, uncomfortable things I have ever witnessed on tv.  We had been switching back-and-forth from the hockey game to RHNY.  She looked like she needed a straight jacket; I think she should apologize to the entire group (yes, even LuAnn) and maybe release a press statement of some kind.  This behavior is not normal and NOT entertaining.  It is scary and sad. 

At this point I don't know if B will have any other opportunities other than reality tv; certainly no show (The View, daytime talk, etc.) would ever hire her on as a regular after the displays she has put on these last couple of years.  

Yes, I know LuAnn may deserve to be put in her place.  But why so mean and nasty?  It looks to me like the rest of the group of "ladies" are afraid of B and would not ever step up and try to quiet things down.  Maybe Bethany is the one that should go; the other ladies would maybe relax more and things would not be so tense a good bit of the time.

As women we deserve a better platform as this.  And I love a couple of the Housewives franchises (NY has always been my favorite until now)...but they are getting harder to watch.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Kemper said:

sasha206...long suffering Caps fan here, too. (Langway, Mike Gartner, etc)  Back in the day (80's/90's) Mr. Kemper worked with a guy who bought the season's tickets; then three or four of them would go over the schedule and split up the two tickets; we got to go to maybe 10 games a year.  Many playoff heartbreaks til last year.  I digress.

Oh my goodness!  Gartner was one of my first crushes!  Loved him!  I used to even call myself a "long suffering Caps fan."  It was so incredible to finally have a Cup win!  And if you think watching hockey is fun, playing it is even better!  At 50, I decided to take hockey lessons and join a novice league.  Best decision I've ever made!  Nice to meet you Kemper!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I think Beth has disliked Luann for years.

She can put it aside and play nice when it suits her purposes, but she just barely tolerates her.

I also believe that she did all those things for Lu both to keep score and to feed her messiah complex.

I keep wondering about the mechanics of B’s L-saving episode(s).

B has a business, a daughter, court dates and a life’s general responsibilities.  At what point did she decide to patrol L’s house? How did she know about the near-disaster on the water?  Did just happen to see her or be there during the negligee episode?

Why would she use her (?) influence (??) to persuade police to go lightly on L?

Here’s what makes sense to me: Bravo &/or Andy have snoops watching Luann.  B may or may not be in on this. But at some point B is either told, or chooses, to insert herself into the situation. Thus she witnesses the dangerous and insane behaviors, stalking (it is a form of stalking, IMO) her in the driveway, etc. 

Then, B’s explosion at the restaurant becomes a planned plot device to further the storyline of whether or not L is actually recovering. It leaves Bravo in control of where the show will go, especially given L’s erratic behavior.

Bravo (et.al.) are well aware that L is still using and is determined to stay ahead of the situation: yet another reason to tape the reunion very early.

And what this all means is that this is way too gloomy and Truman Show-esque to keep my attention much longer. The Stanley Cup last night reminded me of an idiot who said - years ago - that ice hockey was only fun for polite white people to watch because it let us watch fistfights.  (A-hole.)

But his stupid statement occurred to me as I read your descriptions of the HWs’ actions after listening to their (really very boring) prattle. Maybe Bravo thinks we viewers don’t have enough insanity and conflict and meanness in our lives, and so we’ll watch viciously warring women to get our fill of misery. 

Nope.  I, too, think I’ll let the show go after this season.  If it eventually loses Bethenny, I eventually might come back. But things have gotten murkier and meaner since she got back and it’s just not any fun any more.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, albarino said:

Still reading through this thread but had to add Lu hasn't even been there for her children.

Well, you can’t have time for your kids and also make time to steal from them.

Give a girl a break!

There are only so many hours in a day and hard choices have to be made...

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Here’s what makes sense to me: Bravo &/or Andy have snoops watching Luann.  B may or may not be in on this. But at some point B is either told, or chooses, to insert herself into the situation. Thus she witnesses the dangerous and insane behaviors, stalking (it is a form of stalking, IMO) her in the driveway, etc. 

Your theory hearkens back to when somebody *coughproductioncough* just happened to snap pictures of Tom catting around at The Regency and sent them to Bethenny. Complete with timeline.

There is some truly humiliating shit happening off-camera and it's being used by Bethenny against Luann for storyline purposes.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Quita said:

According to a few real estate sites, her townhouse has been available for rent since Feb. 1st for $32,000/month.

Wow--wonder if Sonja will start Air BnBing or VRBOing the townhouse next.  She'd probably get a lot of short term tenants that way!  Well, only if ALL of the bathrooms work, there is heat, a/c, hot water and clear ice in the icemaker.  

On second thought, maybe she wouldn't get that many takers!  😉

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I get why Bethenny (especially and Dennis too) and Barbara are fed up with Luann's attitude.  They both went to a tremendous amount of trouble for her - she was really out of control. And they went above and beyond.  It's not that Luann should kiss their asses for the rest of her life - but she doesn't seem to show any amount of gratitude at all.  She hasn't exhibited (I don't think) any shame about ANY of her behaviour - the arrest, her kids taking her to court, begging Dennis for 6 million to buy a house - she just seems to pretend that it never happened.  After all, she told one of the women that she's a different kind of alcoholic (meaning:  I'm not really an alcoholic). She dabbles in going to AA meetings - which were court ordered. She dabbled in not drinking - now she's taking Antabuse - also court ordered.  I don't think I've ever seen her be actually empathetic with any of the women over all the years of this show.  In fact, she actually doesn't respond at all when anyone expresses any kind of unhappiness or pain - she's so incredibly shallow and egocentric and floats along in her own little bubble.  I can't imagine how successful she was as a nurse (or RNA or whatever she was) - how the hell did she interact with patients - you know, when it's actually about someone other than her.

This is bad, but somebody has to do it.  Maybe they elected her to pull the plugs.  Being that she’s so unaffected with certain things.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Quita said:

I thought Sonja said it was rented, at least for a few months. I can't imagine anyone paying that much either. That house needs a good scrubbing from top to bottom in addition to a makeover. The furniture, rugs, everything just looks so dated.

In an interview I read, she said her new apartment is only a two year commitment, so I don't know what she's planning to do after that. Maybe back to the townhouse?

I think she's hoping to be married to someone else by that time.  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Holy cow Bethenny! Hyperventilating and having a heart attack over Luann. A little over the top if you ask me.

on a side note: the food and drinks at that place looked fabulous. 

I know! They put a TOASTER on the the table in the middle of Beth’s breakdown! What happened to the goddamn lobster pop tarts?! 🦞 did they eat them? Did they get toasted? It’s all I can think about right now....I need those in my life! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I think last night's show was my swan song.  Watching Bethany rage was one of the most disturbing, uncomfortable things I have ever witnessed on tv.  We had been switching back-and-forth from the hockey game to RHNY.  She looked like she needed a straight jacket; I think she should apologize to the entire group (yes, even LuAnn) and maybe release a press statement of some kind.  This behavior is not normal and NOT entertaining.  It is scary and sad. 

At this point I don't know if B will have any other opportunities other than reality tv; certainly no show (The View, daytime talk, etc.) would ever hire her on as a regular after the displays she has put on these last couple of years.  

Yes, I know LuAnn may deserve to be put in her place.  But why so mean and nasty?  It looks to me like the rest of the group of "ladies" are afraid of B and would not ever step up and try to quiet things down.  Maybe Bethany is the one that should go; the other ladies would maybe relax more and things would not be so tense a good bit of the time.

As women we deserve a better platform as this.  And I love a couple of the Housewives franchises (NY has always been my favorite until now)...but they are getting harder to watch.

Well...that certainly won't be happening, unless Sunny Hostin leaves the show.  Sunny is definitely NOT a fan of Bethenny Frankel (and, I don't think Joy and Whoopi, are either)!!  😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And when Lu didn't give her the reaction she was after, she decided to spill all of the embarrassing things.

It's interesting that LuAnn seemed to distance herself from Barbara and Bethenny.  I'm wondering if LuAnn is actually embarrassed about what she's done and down deep hates it that a handful of people know the deep dark truth, so she keeps them at arm's length in order to not to have to talk about it.  Of course she apparently goes to AA meetings and tells her story, so it might not be that.  Just a thought!

• Useful 6
  • Love 9

It drives me crazy that Ramona doesn’t pronounce Tinsley’s name correctly. Everyone, including Tinsley herself, pronounces it  “TinZly” while Ramona keeps pronounces it like Tinsel.

Of course, to be fair, Ramona pronounces a Lot of things incorrectly... 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, PradaKitty said:

Of course, to be fair, Ramona pronounces a Lot of things incorrectly... 

We should start a drinking game for anytime she pronounces something correctly!  

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It's interesting that LuAnn seemed to distance herself from Barbara and Bethenny.  I'm wondering if LuAnn is actually embarrassed about what she's done and down deep hates it that a handful of people know the deep dark truth, so she keeps them at arm's length in order to not to have to talk about it.  Of course she apparently goes to AA meetings and tells her story, so it might not be that.  Just a thought!

I imagine she hasn't shared the negligee episode. I wonder if she will share it now that the cat's out of the bag? It's hard to say whether getting arrested or the relapse is her real rock bottom. 

Does anyone know if she can ditch the antabuse once her probation ends? She may yet have another spectacular incident when she starts drinking again. I think that's inevitable.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, film noire said:

they played the RHoNY clip on The View and Megan McCain went into a laundry list of reasons (Bethenny's grieving, etc)  and Sunny Hostin cut her off and said Bethenny went after her young son in exactly the same way.

We're now thinking The View is the arbiter of all things RHW?  Good Lord....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I just want to be clear when I preface this comment by saying that I see why Lu's attitude can rub people the wrong way, and I can see why some people don't like her.  I can see how people can perceive her to be a certain way, and then jump to all kinds of other conclusions about her too.  I can see why everyone is sick of the cabaret talk and all of that.  I get it.  I really do.

However.... that being said, as I watched Bethenny unravel and turn the evening into the Bethenny Show, I wanted someone to find a nearby pool and shove her into it to snap her out of her manic frenzy.  I wanted her to shut her big yap.    Bethenny was starting to make Kelly Bensimon on Scary Island look normal and level-headed.

Yes, Lu is a flawed person.  Yes, Lu is self-centered and almost everything else people think she is.    BUT, in no way, shape or form was Bethenny's reaction justified, or reasonable, or sane, or rational.  B's reaction to Lu was totally over the top and disproportionate to the whole situation.   B was downright aggressive and in Lu's personal space as she ranted and raved.

Bethenny's reaction to Lu was not really about Lu, when it boiled down to it.   Lu's attitude might have been the trigger or catalyst for Bethenny, but there is waaaaaaaaay more going on under the surface for Bethenny that had zero to do with Lu.    Bethenny can point fingers and direct all her hostility at Lu, but Bethenny has just as many issues.    They may not present in the same way that Lu's issues present, but make no mistake -- Bethenny is very screwed up too.  (Each and every one of them is screwed up in some way.)

For that matter, while this season's main story seems to be that everyone is sick of Lu, we all know that things change from season to season.   While Lu seems to be Public Enemy #1 this year, next year the anger and catty chatter will probably be directed at someone else.  We also know that we only see what the producers want us to see, but we really don't know much about what is happening or what is being said to whom when the cameras are not on these women.

I have no tolerance for groups of people who pile on to attack one person, and that's what they were all doing to Lu at the restaurant.  No matter how annoying, selfish, ungrateful, etc., she may be, it is cowardly to gang up on her and humiliate her like that -- especially when they know she is in a vulnerable place now, and is supposedly trying to stay sober.  In what universe do real, true "friends" think that it is a good idea to gang up on someone who might get upset enough to relapse and start drinking again?    Just stop talking to her and ignore her, or leave -- but why try to push her and get her upset?    The better approach for Bethenny to take would have been to talk to her privately, one on one, but then the producers wouldn't have the drama they want.

If I were Lu, I would leave the show and get away from those toxic shrews just to stay sober and not lose my mind, but I don't know if she is in that headspace now.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I imagine she hasn't shared the negligee episode. 

It’ll probably be the opening scene to her next music video. Beth can give suggestions on the production values as she did with Erika Jayne. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

know! They put a TOASTER on the the table in the middle of Beth’s breakdown! What happened to the goddamn lobster pop tarts?! 🦞 did they eat them?

They were in the toaster.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She may yet have another spectacular incident when she starts drinking again. I think that's inevitable.

I predict she will have a major delusion and end up in Vegas.

She will get rip roaring drunk and head to The Mirage.  She will spot the big show outside with the pirate ship, jump on board and try to sing the Titanic song with the pirate because she thinks she is on par with Celine Dion.

She gets arrested and when they search her they find stolen silverware, shot glasses and a bottle of Ramona Pinot Grigio.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, albarino said:

Not sure how Sunny Hostin sharing that Frankel screamed at Sunny's little boy lands us in "Good Lord" territory - ? - she's talking about a personal event, not pronouncing on all things RHoNY (That's Meghan McCain's job ; )

And since Sunny's experience mirrored what happened in this episode,  I think it's on point re: Bethenny's grief for Dennis & Luann's entitlement being the real reason she behaved so badly - based on her past behaviour, it seems Bethenny screams at innocent kids and entitled alcoholics alike. 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, albarino said:

Especially Sunny Hostin.  She was horrible on Court Tv.

There hasn't been one time where she didn't mention she was a federal prosecutor. Its like a Tourettes thing with her.

• Love 6