Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Less than 2 weeks before seems a strange time to have a shower, what if Abbie was in labor during her shower. Usually if the shower is scheduled ahead of the baby arriving, it's scheduled for a month ahead when it's less likely to have a child.  

Is it just me or do most of the shower attendants look like little kids? Usually there would be more moms, women the same age. Although it's hard to tell if those are young mom or just sullen teenagers. 

I don't mind not reconizing people; hopefully those are Abbie's friends. I wonder if she had another shower with friends from home or church (JD and Abbie go to a different church than his parents.) since this shower seems to be kind of small. 

Is that Kendra in the bottom right corner of the photo?

Marie would also honor Mary Duggar. 

Yeah, the children are there as part of their training to become mothers at the earliest possible moment. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

After watching JD and Abbie during the marriage retreat, I think JD will be naming this kid. Maybe Grace-Marie Michelle Duggar. After Abbie, Jana and mom.

I read this as the first name would be Maybe, then 3 middle names 😂

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Tasya said:

It's Michelle's presence. Look at the faces of Every.Single.Person. while she's standing in the middle speaking. Even the babies look bored and disinterested. Just imagine if these women could have any type of event without her being there...I wonder how "sweet" they'd be. 

Same in the Christmas video when she was droning on to the group. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Springdale, looks to be about 15 minutes away.

Yeah Tontitown and Springdale are adjacent. If you're not paying attention, you can drive right into Tontitown with no indication you've ever left Springdale. A lot of the NWA metro area is like that. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Except for Jed! himself. 

Of course. I just meant family. 😀

Although I think he can't be living there alone. If Jer's his campaign manager, I bet he's Jed!s roommate, so maybe he too can vote for him.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
On 1/3/2020 at 6:06 PM, BitterApple said:

Poor Abbie. Immediately after the holidays is the worst possible time to have any event. People are burnt out, and the last thing they want to do is be bothered with buying yet another gift and attending yet another party. If you take away the children, it looks like there's barely half a dozen people there. It also looks like they were expecting a lot more guests given the amount of food (and we all know Duggars aren't exactly known for generous spreads). What a bummer. 

Most of that food looks store bought anyway.  It's not like these SAHMs slaved away making food for this event and then no one showed.  It just looks like someone went to Sam's and Chic-fil-a. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think he can't be living there alone. If Jer's his campaign manager, I bet he's Jed!s roommate,

I'll bet you're right and Jer does live there. too. I can't imagine any Duggar offspring being allowed to live alone without an accountability partner. And, frankly, I can't imagine any of them wanting to, or enjoying the experience. They've been raised from birth in a crowded, claustrophobic atmosphere, denied any semblance of privacy or personal space and they've been taught that this is the only correct, Godly, way to live. The idea of being all alone by themselves for even a few hours probably freaks these poor stunted kids out.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2020 at 8:57 AM, floridamom said:

I have never seen a group of females looking so low as in that shower photo when Michelle was 'speaking her words of wisdom'. Wow, such a sorry, frumpy looking group. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:52 PM, Lunera said:

What a sad baby shower. I don't recognize anyone there besides Jana and Jessa. 

Poor Abbie. What a crappy celebration for a first time mom-to-be.

Moms that are waiting in a pediatrician's office are more lively and engaged than this group.

One thing that really bothers me is that they didn't decorate a special chair for Abbie. I'm not talking about the hanging pastel colored frilly umbrella with tissue paper streamers raining down from it like in the olden days  but something special noting she is the guest of honor.  I'm sure they had a piece of pink material laying around that Jana could have wrapped around the chair to make it look special.  Even some nicer large pink "Mom to Be" or baby balloons tied to the chair would have jazzed things up. (The small pink balloons tied to the tissue papered toilet paper roll thingies they are famous for don't count.)  I remember more and better decorations for a co-worker's one hour lunch baby shower than what is shown here. 

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Most of that food looks store bought anyway.  It's not like these SAHMs slaved away making food for this event and then no one showed.  It just looks like someone went to Sam's and Chic-fil-a. 

And they couldn't even move or pack away the Christmas decorations around the food.

The more I think about it, store bought or carry out food might be the best with this gang.  We know proper cooking & serving of food is not a big deal with them so I don't see a problem with the Chik-fil-a nuggets.  Hoping they got CFA's fruit salad as well.

Did Abbie even get a cake?

• Love 7

Who attended this shower? Were there any guests besides Duggars? I mean, if it's just the same old suspects, female division, gathering in the TTH, that sounds like a yawner for sure. I'm not sure the Duggars know how to have fun with their clothes on anyway.

(Disclosure: I have rarely enjoyed a baby shower though I've attended several. I've been happy to give gifts to the expectant moms, and see their happiness, but Lord the event itself can be so lame. Unless they skip the stupid games and just pour a lot of wine. That's my kind of shower, although I gave up booze years ago. But hey, pour me the Shirley Temples and I'll happily be the designated driver.)

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

One thing that really bothers me is that they didn't decorate a special chair for Abbie.

I find that interesting.  I've never been to a baby shower with a decorated chair.  Customs vary so much.

• Love 17

I finally took the time to zoom in on the pics where Mechelle is speaking and omg, the faces on the women in the room are priceless. Some looked bored out of their minds, some are obviously whispering to one another, and some look downright pissed. Like they can't stand the sight of her. It's fascinating. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Like others said upthread, let's hope Abbie had a better shower thrown by her church community. It isn't so much the aesthetics that bother me, but the lack of enthusiasm from the guests. I can't imagine opening gifts while a bunch of surly teenagers stare at me, mentally willing me to hurry up so they can get out of there. The atmosphere looked so dismal.

• Love 12

Maybe Abbie had another shower with her own family and hometown friends. It's common around here to have a big shower with one's own family, and a smaller shower with the father's family, especially if the two sides don't live that close to one another. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Who is sitting on the ottoman with about 14 accountability layers?

OK, I hate fake-fade-spotted denim skirts because of them, now add cardigans and MukLuk boots to that list.

Where do they send the menfolk off to when holding events such as this? Skeet shootin'? Bet JB can't wait to get back to that spread.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, drafan said:

OK, I hate fake-fade-spotted denim skirts because of them, now add cardigans and MukLuk boots to that list.

Yeah those boots are so ridiculous looking. Plus it looks like Meechelle has a sort of jacket with three quarter sleeves on?? She somehow finds the oddest things to wear. That shower looks like even less fun than a normal baby shower. Leave it to the Duggars to do things a little different.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I finally took the time to zoom in on the pics where Mechelle is speaking and omg, the faces on the women in the room are priceless. Some looked bored out of their minds, some are obviously whispering to one another, and some look downright pissed. Like they can't stand the sight of her. It's fascinating. 

I have never been to a shower where someone took center stage and read something off their phone.

I would be bored and whispering too

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I find that interesting.  I've never been to a baby shower with a decorated chair.  Customs vary so much.

I've never heard of a special chair, either, except to allow the mom-to-be sit in the middle of the crowd so people can see the gifts as she opens them.

Around here, it used to be pretty common for the mom-to-be to be given a corsage to wear, but even that has gone by the wayside as nobody wears corsages anymore.  My sister wore one with pink and blue accents for her shower 39 years ago back when dinosaurs roamed and you had to wait for the baby to be born to find out if it was a boy or a girl.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'll bet you're right and Jer does live there. too. I can't imagine any Duggar offspring being allowed to live alone without an accountability partner. And, frankly, I can't imagine any of them wanting to, or enjoying the experience. They've been raised from birth in a crowded, claustrophobic atmosphere, denied any semblance of privacy or personal space and they've been taught that this is the only correct, Godly, way to live. The idea of being all alone by themselves for even a few hours probably freaks these poor stunted kids out.

But wouldn’t they also need a couple of the girls there too, to keep the boys in line, to tattle, to cook and clean? Heaven forbid those young men be allowed to have a “bachelor pad”.

• Love 1
Just now, YupItsMe said:

But wouldn’t they also need a couple of the girls there too, to keep the boys in line, to tattle, to cook and clean? Heaven forbid those young men be allowed to have a “bachelor pad”.

No way they allow Hannie or Jenni to live there. Who else is there? The Duggars can't sacrifice Jana.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Well, we know Jill can't stand to be alone, without Dimwit.  As one who needs alone time, I can't even imagine having to have constant company.

Abbie's shower looked pretty sad.  I hope she had a better one with her ex-coworkers and non-Duggars.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Abbie's shower looked pretty sad.  I hope she had a better one with her ex-coworkers and non-Duggars.

I agree. I hope she did too. If that was her only one, it sure was a sad affair. Also, were any of her family there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2020 at 3:52 PM, Lunera said:

What a sad baby shower. I don't recognize anyone there besides Jana and Jessa. 

Her hair definitely looks gray. It must be the filter their PR person likes to use to make their pictures “artsy”. I think Jessa is using a similar one. 
The strangest thing for me is that only Jessa and Jana seem to be in attendance. Where are the other sisters and SIL?  And why is there a church pew in the house as an actual seating surface (instead of as a design element)?  They are so uncomfortable for mindless sitting. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, drafan said:

Who is sitting on the ottoman with about 14 accountability layers?

Where do they send the menfolk off to when holding events such as this? Skeet shootin'? Bet JB can't wait to get back to that spread.

Too bad Arkansas is land-locked. The men could go skeet surfing.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly Jed! didn't say that HE didn't live at the big house. He said that 'SOME OF US don't live at the big house"...not necessarily including himself in the statement. Those Duggars are tricky with their words; something they learned from Pops and Lolli and learned it very well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

If I remember correctly Jed! didn't say that HE didn't live at the big house. He said that 'SOME OF US don't live at the big house"...not necessarily including himself in the statement. Those Duggars are tricky with their words; something they learned from Pops and Lolli and learned it very well.

That’s how he phrased it on an Instagram post. In  articles about the “raid”, he is quoted as saying , “I don’t live there and I am not aware of any investigation.”.

Here’s one of the articles:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreg.com/2019/11/21/homeland-security-agents-raid-duggar-home-in-arkansas/amp/

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3