Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just thought of what it will be like for poor Abbie in labor. Will JD be able to let her go if she asks? 

Or will JD, first responder, sibling to 18, brother of Jill and Jana, deliver their baby because he's an expert?

I wonder if Fundy men hyperventilate when males in the medical field need to examine their wives' lady parts.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yup I agree. I am NOT a touchy person (it’s actually my last love language), but I can see if you ARE someone who longs for physical affection (even a platonic/friendly variety), growing up in that family would leave you feeling touch deprived. Also he’s a newlywed in the throws of  “new relationship energy”, he and Abbie didn’t know each other very long before they married. So long as Abbie is fine with it (and it looks like she is), I think it is fine and will likely taper off in the next couple of years. 

My two main love languages are physical touch and quality time (real fun when you are single and not dating any one LOL). But I'm also an introvert and need my alone time to recharge.  I think JD would drive me crazy with the touching and never leaving me alone.   But I look at Jill taking a plate to the bathroom to eat or JD always touching Abbie,  or Jenny's perpetual sadness (those are the three I can think of right off the top of my head, but I know there are more), these kids are now searching for what they didn't have from JB or MEchelle  (OK I know Jenny isn't married, but I worry about what kind of fundie she will end up with). 

• Love 9

Pic number 3 ----

Please, please tell me that is a crease in his pocket and not an outline of something I hope to never see in relation to a  Duggar male.

Maybe JD just hangs really far to the right..................and it resembles a pencil.🤮😤🤮

• LOL 15

If the glare from the sun is supposed to be artsy . . . it is not. 

I am not sure how to embed, but if you click on the link to the photog's page, there is another pic not in this batch in which it appears the sunglare is a spotlight on JD's ass. Keeping it classy! 😂

As shitty as some of Jinger and Jeremy's professional photography was, this somehow makes theirs look like A-list material. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I am not sure how to embed, but if you click on the link to the photog's page, there is another pic not in this batch in which it appears the sunglare is a spotlight on JD's ass. Keeping it classy! 😂

9D8B64AE-865D-49F6-A29C-9BC57F619689.jpeg

• LOL 9

I liked JD better when I didn't know anything about him. 

ETA: Remember when people thought he might be on the autism spectrum because he never talked or reacted much to what was happening around him? Good times...

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

The photographer is Abbie's sister, correct?  She says she can't wait to meet her niece.

Yes I was going to post this. At least they probably didn't pay her little sister for taking the photos, or pay very much. Photography seems like a fundie single girl profession. First Jinger, then Lauren Caldwell's bestie Madison Nicole, and now Abbie's sister Maggie. Maggie is older than the -Iah twins, but it's technically a smaller age difference than Ben and Jessa so maybe she can court Jed! or Jer. 🙄😉

I don't think JD looks creepy. I do think her clothes are a little too form-fitting for my taste, but she can dress for herself. 

• Love 4

I tried looking at these pictures again to see if a nap and dinner has made them any less odd. And nope. That second picture where he is staring at her belly. I get what they are going for, but it has made me recoil both times I saw it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That dress on Abby baffles me.  It is somehow simultaneously too tight around her bump but also too big.  Does she have someone behind her pulling the dress to highlight her belly?

I'm not sure this is what happened, but it would explain the dress issues.  First buy a regular dress a couple of sizes too large and then home sew elastic into the sides to gather around the bump.  It will result in pulling around the bump while also being too large in the shoulders and possibly other areas.  That would account for the folding over at the neckline where the dress is too large and the gathering that goes way too far below the bump.  The elastic was extended much farther than need be.  It would be so much better looking to just buy regular maternity wear.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Every time I see Abbie I want to thoroughly wash and condition her hair and then style it using different products and actually give her a decent looking hairdo that doesn't look greasy.

My granddaughter has naturally curly hair and my daughter and I tried probably 20 products to get one that helped form the curls but didn't leave her hair looking heavy or greasy.  Abbie needs to experiment more.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6

Personally I like the shape of Abbie's brows. I think thin/pale eyebrows can give a woman an "alien" look, and I'm glad stronger brows seem to be in right now. I'm not the best judge, but it appears to me that her brows may just be set a little closer to her eyes than usual.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, not you again said:

For the sake of all the curlyheads out there, DO TELL.  I'm always on the hunt for better hair products. 

Been through so many & still experimenting. I can't diss a curly head; we have it hard enough, especially when we lack a set curl pattern.

Her eyebrows seem to look better than they usually do; not so bushy caterpillar like this time. Maybe they were professionally done. FWIW I thought her hair looked better than usual as well- like she scrunched out the crunch this time.

She needed a dress that fit her properly.

Still think JD is slimy looking no matter how they try to clean him up.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Still think JD is slimy looking no matter how they try to clean him up.

for me the creep factor with JD isn't so much the always having his hands on her.

It's the always having his hands on her and that leering, creepy, smirking weird grin thing going on in practically ever pic

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

for me the creep factor with JD isn't so much the always having his hands on her.

It's the always having his hands on her and that leering, creepy, smirking weird grin thing going on in practically ever pic

It's the facial expressions, yes, most definitely. Ick.

• Love 5

I usually try to avoid making fun of JD's appearance because, as a general rule, it's just not something anyone can help, but yes that "guess who got some" leering he does is super creepy, offputting, and unflattering. And for that reason, I can't deny when I looked at these pics, my first thought was "mustard and biscuits!" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

I usually try to avoid making fun of JD's appearance because, as a general rule, it's just not something anyone can help, but yes that "guess who got some" leering he does is super creepy, offputting, and unflattering. And for that reason, I can't deny when I looked at these pics, my first thought was "mustard and biscuits!" 

I truly think he does this because he is genuinely besotted with Abbie and feels he has an obligation to make that known in his role as a good husband.  Look at the behavior of his primary role model, recognize that even at his age he's led an unbelievably sheltered existence as far as marriage relationships he's witnessed and the fact that he's grown up without movies or television.   No doubt the spectre of Josh's shameful marital betrayal looms particularly dark and large for JD as well.

It's hardly surprising hey, hey, hubba, hubba horndog is the only gear in his wheelhouse.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I truly think he does this because he is genuinely besotted with Abbie and feels he has an obligation to make that known in his role as a good husband.  Look at the behavior of his primary role model, recognize that even at his age he's led an unbelievably sheltered existence as far as marriage relationships he's witnessed and the fact that he's grown up without movies or television.   No doubt the spectre of Josh's shameful marital betrayal looms particularly dark and large for JD as well.

It's hardly surprising hey, hey, hubba, hubba horndog is the only gear in his wheelhouse.

Ugh that is sadly so true.

• Love 6

Yeah it's from Slingblade. (Great movie!) 

I really don't know anyone who eats mustard and biscuits on their own like the character Karl. Everyone I know--myself included--uses butter, jam, or gravy, as God intended. 😉 

To be fair, though, I think Karl is a lot nicer, kinder person and more pleasant than JD, what with his Barney Fife posturing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

See, I looked it up on Urban Dictionary. You are completely correct. You will regret it.

Oh God, now I hate to ask, but what came up for you?

When I look it up on Urban Dictionary, I get:

"¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry, we couldn't find: mustard and biscuits."

I have often regretted checking for stuff on Urban Dictionary. Except for their description of my alma mater. It is the most accurate thing I've ever read anywhere. "A school in the middle of nowhere that provides a free college education for the price of your soul and former identity." I have it memorized. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ouinason said:

sounds like a fair trade, lol

college is spensive, i will gladly trade my personhood for free education.

Spend 4 years at the fundamentalist hellhole that is College of the Ozarks and get back with me on that. 😉

It's also been described, quite aptly, as Jonestown meets Orwell. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ouinason said:

Yeah, fundamentalism is a bit to ... involved for me.  I like being a nice, laid back, loving Christian.  Jesus saves, he does not judge y'all!

Beyond being fundie, it is also quite Calvinist. I couldn't wait to get away from those crazy motherfuckers. 

• Love 4