Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

*yawn* I wonder how long it will take them before they start shoving them down our throats as the next Duggar stupor couple. JB is probably sitting somewhere with dollar signs in his eyes.

Geez don't be a hater. Embrace their LOVE! Because truly none of us ever thought JD would be walking down the isle!!! And SMILE. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Geez don't be a hater. Embrace their LOVE! Because truly none of us ever thought JD would be walking down the isle!!! And SMILE. 

Read an article where they said they knew each other for years, but they did not meet officially until last year. How can you know someone for years and officially not meet until last year. I think it was a set up between JB and Abbie's parents because people were asking about JD getting a girl and settling down. Yes they act like they are in love, but I think it is just the first time someone of the opposite sex giving each other the time of day and finally getting a chance to be physical with someone making them act like they do.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I hope JD has at least a years stash of condoms so they can really get to know each other before a baby comes. 

Surprises can still happen even with condoms.

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Please, tell me how someone can claim to know each other for years but only officially meet last year? This is another example of Duggar 'double speak'....contradictions, one after the other with these people.

I see this as JD had to wait until JB  was okay for him to court and get engaged. There is madness to JB's method of marrying off his children one by one. People were asking about how long it will take JD to "officially meet" someone, so no time like the present for JB. JD may be 28 years old, but JB still has some control over him. And JB had to make sure JD "found" the right type of woman to please the fans and to keep the show running for at least a few more years.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Please, tell me how someone can claim to know each other for years but only officially meet last year? This is another example of Duggar 'double speak'....contradictions, one after the other with these people.

Their world is extremely segregated, unmarried males and females do not socialize together. JD & Abbie knew who the other one was, but weren't allowed to actually meet until their respective fathers gave their approval (or ordered them to do so).

• Love 19

Bigskygirl: Surprises can still happen even with condoms.

True well as long as I don’t here we’re leaving it up too god on how many kids they’ll have from a 28 year old I’ll be good.

Edited by Puffin
Im new trying to figure out this quote thing..
  • Love 2
On 9/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, bigskygirl said:

*yawn* I wonder how long it will take them before they start shoving them down our throats as the next Duggar stupor couple. JB is probably sitting somewhere with dollar signs in his eyes.

This is the first couple I'd like to see actually shoved down our throat. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Abbie is 26 and Jill is 27. 

Abbie is 11 months younger than Jill and 7 months older than Jessa.

And JD's age doesn't matter in terms of how many kids he could sire.

8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

This is the first couple I'd like to see actually shoved down our throat. 

I'm not confident that TLC would do them justice, though.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Based only on opinion, I think JD may have had a crush on Abbie but was too shy to indicate this to her.  I'd like to think that Abbie finally made the first move. She seems to be the more natural hugger/toucher, and JD clearly digs it.  

I've said it before, but it really moves me that JD is able to be so physically affectionate with Abbie.  Growing up in that household with the Josh scandal, and the resulting environment that brothers will be predators of their sisters unless everything is strictly controlled . . . is 

In their environment, Abby would never be allowed to make the first move.  She would have passive-aggressively positioned herself so that JD took notice of her.  She would never have initiated contact with him, only throw herself into his orbit over and over again until he spoke up.  I remember my fundie roommate from college and her friends talking about some book that talked about this. I still remember her yelling at one of her friends that "A woman cannot pursue a man.  It says so in the Bible." 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Abbie is 11 months younger than Jill and 7 months older than Jessa.

And JD's age doesn't matter in terms of how many kids he could sire.

I'm not confident that TLC would do them justice, though.

That is true. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

That is true. 

TLC only goes with what JD and Abbie gives them. They are in the business to sell the new couples as great in order to get the ratings and money to keep rolling in. I find all the couples dull and boring. They are not special in my opinion. I can go around my neighborhood and find more interesting couples roaming around.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 9/6/2018 at 6:48 AM, bigskygirl said:

This is very true.  My surprise is going to be 26 next month. 

Honestly, we can only guess what goes on when the cameras are not running.  I just hope they are happy and live the life they want to live.  They are older than the average Duggar bride and groom and that , IMO, is a big plus for them.  They may not leave the religious beliefs behind, but maybe they will be a bit more relaxed about the stupid nit-picky rules and restrictions.

• Love 10
On 9/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, bigskygirl said:

I see this as JD had to wait until JB  was okay for him to court and get engaged. There is madness to JB's method of marrying off his children one by one. People were asking about how long it will take JD to "officially meet" someone, so no time like the present for JB. JD may be 28 years old, but JB still has some control over him. And JB had to make sure JD "found" the right type of woman to please the fans and to keep the show running for at least a few more years.

I wonder if they'll have Abbie continue working ("working") to keep the star couple narrative going. I mean, it would be a STFU internets moment to see Abbie continue to work.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

PIckles posted the wedding is November 3, in Oklahoma. There was a copy of the invitation posted.

Wow, I'm shocked. I thought for sure TLC would strong-arm Abbie into having the wedding in Arkansas. Maybe with the Burnetts in control, this wedding won't be a typical Duggar disaster. My curiosity is piqued....

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is early November the same time Jessa got married. I bet she might not be happy with the fact she will be tossed aside for JD and Abbie. That in itself would be entertaining to watch.

I bet she is pissed. Her anniversary is November 1, her birthday is November 4, and Spurgeon's birthday is November 5. All that's going to get overshadowed this year with the wedding. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I bet she is pissed. Her anniversary is November 1, her birthday is November 4, and Spurgeon's birthday is November 5. All that's going to get overshadowed this year with the wedding. 

Oooh, I was already looking forward to this wedding, but this is an added bonus! 

• Love 15
Just now, bigskygirl said:

Jinger and Jeremy got married in November also. Poor, poor Jessa and Jill. One is being tossed aside for Jinger and JD, and the other one got tossed aside because her husband is an idiot.

You're right! November 5 for them. 

They really like early November weddings, apparently.

Maybe off-season discounts if they're not going to get freebies? :/

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, I'm shocked. I thought for sure TLC would strong-arm Abbie into having the wedding in Arkansas. Maybe with the Burnetts in control, this wedding won't be a typical Duggar disaster. My curiosity is piqued....

Hey Swansons - get this!  You didn't have to uproot the family to have your daughter marry be sold off to a Duggar boy.

I hope the Burnetts take over the entire wedding and the Duggars don't have a say in the decor, ceremony and the food.  I hope that Abbie gets the wedding of her dreams.  And JB, if you plan on JD flying out your family for the ceremony, don't plan on him interrupting his honeymoon to fly you back.  

9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ohh, I'll bet Jessa will be giving the stink eye to everyone and being her rude self to the Burnetts.  Plus I'll be she'll be posting on IG all about her, her wedding and Spurgeon then entire weekend with no mention of her brother's wedding.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ohh, I'll bet Jessa will be giving the stink eye to everyone and being her rude self to the Burnetts.  Plus I'll be she'll be posting on IG all about her, her wedding and Spurgeon then entire weekend with no mention of her brother's wedding.

I might need cable for this!

• Love 2

In a family this large, date clusters like this are inevitable.  Even in my extremely small family, we had 3 birthdays within a 9 day period.  (Although in all fairness, all 3 were in September and it gets pretty cold in Chicago in January!) 

Also, JD probably doesn't want to wait too long at this point. 

• Love 13

Wedding dates:

Josh, September 26th, 2008

Jill, June 21st 2014, 2014

Jessa, November 1st, 2014

Jinger, November 5th, 2016

Joy, May 26th, 2017

Joe, September 8th, 2017

Josiah, June 30th, 2018

I think they’re correct! I almost forgot Josiah oooops!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Hey Swansons - get this!  You didn't have to uproot the family to have your daughter marry be sold off to a Duggar boy.

I hope the Burnetts take over the entire wedding and the Duggars don't have a say in the decor, ceremony and the food.  I hope that Abbie gets the wedding of her dreams.  And JB, if you plan on JD flying out your family for the ceremony, don't plan on him interrupting his honeymoon to fly you back.  

Ooooh! Maybe with dancing!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

JD will still have to do as JB says or he will lose his paycheck. I doubt Abbie will continue to work after the wedding. Sadly.

Not unless she gets licensure in AR. She's only licensed in OK,  AFAIK. 

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I just had a funny thought about the thread name.  What if the Rapture comes before the wedding?  Won't we all be embarrassed?  Just kidding!

The Biblical Rapture ? Yeah, wouldn't that be a bit of a disappointment to him? As much as all these TrueChristians claim that it can't come soon enough for them, I have a feeling JD and Abbie might have their minds a bit more on the Earthly rapture than the heavenly one right now.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

In a family this large, date clusters like this are inevitable.  Even in my extremely small family, we had 3 birthdays within a 9 day period.  (Although in all fairness, all 3 were in September and it gets pretty cold in Chicago in January!) 

Also, JD probably doesn't want to wait too long at this point. 

Yeah, in my small family my brother, sister, and two nephews were all born between September 11-13. We are also from Illinois where it’s a cold, cold winter.  I’m sure the Duggars realize that there are only 365 days in a year and there will be some overlap. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 3