Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I love Abbie's curls and JD's stubble.  Now, if they will just not have a honeymoon baby, I'll cheer them on even more.

They do look genuinely happy together, and I love that too.  

I think we are all happy for JD for waiting for the one and not letting Boob pick a girl he did not want i.e. Josiah and Lauren.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

image.thumb.png.b0ab1dda42e27f8e01d19ea2d13446a2.png

I really like his suit which has some personality to it. Interesting he went with a vest and no tie. For Abby,  I would have worn longer sleeves in November, but then I'm not in Oklahoma and it's cold here.  Her hair is a nice length to wear down. I never think anyone should straighten their hair unless they like it that way. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Spurgeon (my iPad changed that to south east for some reason?) has still got that cute face and curly hair, the other pic with Gideon and Jeremy, can Jeremy not keep still for a minute? also Gideon isn’t having any of it ?.

Ew..I hate Jeremy's haircut. Yuck.

rps20181103_193356.jpg

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I like that Abbie didn’t straighten her hair for the big day. Something tells me the bodice is probably more attractive in person and didn’t photograph as well. I love her bouquet and they look happy. 

I like her bouquet too.  It's so nice to see a normal bouquet rather than all the greenery bouquets Miss Cindy designed for the other weddings.  Hopefully she was at the wedding as a guest rather than the wedding planner. 

17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm impressed that JD appears to be wearing an actual Tuxedo.  That's a first for the family.  No suspenders, no crappy suits.  Nice to see. 

I noticed he went with a more formal look.  Can't wait to see the bridal party & what JB wore. Hopefully the gray suit from Jill's wedding has been put to rest. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I really like his suit which has some personality to it. Interesting he went with a vest and no tie. For Abby,  I would have worn longer sleeves in November, but then I'm not in Oklahoma and it's cold here.  Her hair is a nice length to wear down. I never think anyone should straighten their hair unless they like it that way. 

I think he might be wearing a white tie?  I tried to zoom in on the picture, but I can’t tell. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, louannems said:

Been and Jessa should put Spurgeon on TV or in movies.  Neither would ever have to work (not that they do) and they'd be set for life.

Yeah, he could star in yet another Omen remake as Damian.

what the fuck is up with Jeremy's fugly hair?

• Love 8

I like her dress! It reminds me of a grown-up version of Jessa's dress. What was barbie's little sister's name? Jessa's dress was for that doll, and this dress was for Barbie. I really liked Jessa's dress too, so I guess I'm a fan of that style. I personally wish she'd worn her hair up, but I still think she looks nice. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yeah, he could star in yet another Omen remake as Damian.

what the fuck is up with Jeremy's fugly hair?

Like @BitterApple said, the Hitler Youth cut is in among...let's say "a certain segment of the population" and leave it at that. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I like her dress! It reminds me of a grown-up version of Jessa's dress. What was barbie's little sister's name? Jessa's dress was for that doll, and this dress was for Barbie. I really liked Jessa's dress too, so I guess I'm a fan of that style. I personally wish she'd worn her hair up, but I still think she looks nice. 

Skipper (Barbie's little sister.)  Francie was Barbie's slightly younger cousin, with smaller boobs.

I hope JD and Abbie will enjoy their extra hour in bed...any word on where they're honeymooning?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Skipper.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Like @BitterApple said, the Hitler Youth cut is in among...let's say "a certain segment of the population" and leave it at that. 

It makes Jer look even more like Jin's dad, what with his receding hairline and all.  He'll be bald like his dad before too long.  Poor thing (not really; I just think Jer is smarmy and way too full of himself.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I thought it was no tie at first, too. I think, though, that EVS is right, and the tie is white, or a pale peach. Given Abbie's bouquet, I think those could have been her wedding colors. I think it's the shadow from his face that makes it seem that he's wearing an unbutton shirt over a t-shirt and no tie.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

just read the article in  People magazine about the wedding and they use stock articles about the Duggars because they said they got married in Arkansas.

Maybe People is phoning it in because that's all the Duggars ever do?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

My mother took tetracycline when she was pregnant with me.  My teeth are so horrible, compared to most everyone else’s, that I’m too self-conscious to even go out in public anymore.  If I absolutely have to go somewhere, I make sure I don’t ever show my teeth.  Back on topic, I hope JD and Abbie have a great life together.

Oh sweetie, hugs! My mom also took tetracycline so my teeth are stained and I have a huge overbite (my folks couldn’t afford braces) so I hate the way my mouth looks too. 

I think Abbie looks lovely, and she and JD look so happy together. I know Abbie’s family is fundie but they seem so comparatively normal... the girls wear pants, have jobs and Abbie waited until her mid-20s to marry instead of becoming a child bride like the Duggars and their spouses. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Did she get the big "D" on the stage where they got married?

Haha. Can’t wait to find out!  

Yeah his hair is messy which is strange.  Unless the picture was taken after the big first kiss and they really got into it! On the stubble, I’m guessing he asked her what she liked! 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Christina87 said:

There was Skipper, then Kelly. I’m glad she kept her hair natural rather than have another Lauren on our hands.  She and Jinger get best hair awards.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, McManda said:

Unpopular opinion maybe, but:

That reception is such an odd mishmash of dressy and not. ... Lawson? Bates showed up wearing a button down and jeans, Sam is wedding work boots and jeans ... and JD chooses a tux. I'd feel so out of place being the bride, wearing a fancy dress with my makeup and hair done, and everyone else looked like they were ready for a day of running errands.

I'm honestly disappointed with what we've seen of this wedding. It's not any better than any other Duggar wedding, save maybe Jinger's. 

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed. The guests have me baffled as well. I see jeans, untucked shirts, "business casual" attire and dressy dresses. If you showed someone that picture and asked them to guess what type of event was happening, they probably couldn't tell you.

I think pancakes would've been appropriate for a morning wedding, but for late afternoon? They would've been better off with deli trays. 

• Love 12

I always think jeans to a wedding is tacky. Although maybe it would be cool, if you wanted revenge on someone. Naah, if I go to the wedding of people I don't like, I will wear fuschia as @Celia Rubenstein says it is the color of revenge.

At least the groomsmen are wearing suits and JD looks dressed up. Christopher Maxwell (one of Steve Maxwell's sons) takes wedding photos and he once took pictures of a wedding where the groom was in jeans and the bride was in a formal wedding dress. (Austin, Austin's sister and her husband were all in that wedding.) 

(That being it said if you want to wear jeans to your wedding, it's your choice and maybe the choice of significant other. I'd be annoyed if I was the bride and I got all dolled up and he was wearing jeans, but everyone should please themselves.)

I'd prefer ice cream to pancakes.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

High schoolers and hipsters across the country? Cuz, yeah, they are definitely a "certain segment of the population". The cut has been popular for a couple of years now. My 16 year old nephew sported it for a while until school started this past year and he decided to get a buzz cut. 

Where I live that haircut is called the Gay Toupee. And thankfully is starting to go out of style.

If I didnt know better JD looks totally wasted.

• Love 9

Holding the reception in an airplane hangar probably didn’t encourage anyone to dress up. 

John-David looks better than I expected. He was wise to wear black, because he would’ve looked god awful wearing that outfit in blue. I hope that’s a microphone pack in the back and not a phone holster.  

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Make it stop,,make it stop !!

I tried exiting the whole site, came back, and it's still happening. Weird. Maybe the time change tonight messed things up?

I'm glad someone else is seeing it too! ?

Ps now it's happening in the MAFS forum  too. I think I give up.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 2

I'm in the minority and not impressed with JD's & Abbie's photo. JD looks a crumpled mess and Abbie does not look all that joyful to me. I'm guessing there are better photos with better lighting, better posture and better expressions.

They had a 2pm wedding and served breakfast?

• Love 13

I love the idea of a breakfast buffet.  I usually skip normal person breakfast times (who can even chew that early in the morning?!) so the only time I have breakfast food is late in the day or at night. 

The mish mash dress doesn’t bother me either.  This couple in particular strikes me as the “come as you are” type. 

• Love 20