Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I'm in the busy part of my semester, so I powered through all these post. Congrats to JD, he looks a bit sloppy, but happy. I think his parents were so cruel and implied for years he wasn't gonna ever have a woman, that finally having one must be so, so sweet. The pancakes are a nice, cute idea - this is the United States, where we have numerous restaurant chains dedicated to breakfast foods served 24/7. If it were my wedding I'd have thrown in a chef making custom omelettes, and some pasties for dessert. I hope JD enjoys the sex, and we'll all enjoy reading about he pregnancy announcement in January.

Is he running unopposed? Again? For a semi-joke position that doesn't nothing but serve JB's real estate interests. He's a 'married adult' now, and can tell his family to piss off. Oh wait, daddy owns the planes...and everything else.

Yes,unopposed as of that article.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

I really thought this wedding was going to be different. I thought Abbie would want an intimate wedding with close friends and family similar to her sister's. I guess all the Duggar spouses have to give into the Duggar demands and have a tacky wedding with the usual 1000 random guests.

If the fam wants it televised, they do, I'd guess. And since TeeVee appears now to be the steadiest, best source of income for what? 35 people? More? .... they DO want it televised. Because, as others have mentioned, if they ain't got weddings, they got close to nothin' TeeVeeable.

(not that the weddings are TeeVeeable either, of course....although I probably shouldn't say that since I've never seen one ....... Nah. Not TeeVeeable...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
On 11/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Skipper (Barbie's little sister.)  Francie was Barbie's slightly younger cousin, with smaller boobs.

I hope JD and Abbie will enjoy their extra hour in bed...any word on where they're honeymooning?

I had to google who Midge was because that name was bouncing around my head but I knew it wasn't Skipper the sister.  It was Barbies best friend.  

On 11/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, McManda said:

Unpopular opinion maybe, but:

That reception is such an odd mishmash of dressy and not. ... Lawson? Bates showed up wearing a button down and jeans, Sam is wedding work boots and jeans ... and JD chooses a tux. I'd feel so out of place being the bride, wearing a fancy dress with my makeup and hair done, and everyone else looked like they were ready for a day of running errands.

I'm honestly disappointed with what we've seen of this wedding. It's not any better than any other Duggar wedding, save maybe Jinger's. 

Gotta hand it to Jessa, she dressed her kids in wedding appropriate attire.  Sam looks cute but like he is going to play in the mud.  Maybe it is because I am old but I want people to dress appropriately at events.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Have pictures surfaced of Kendra and Joe and Garrett?  I don't think I've seen Garrett since birth.

I guess they're not into social media, but it's strange we haven't seen them on the Duggars' page. The last picture of Garrett I saw, I thought he looked like a blend of Joe and JD.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2018 at 9:50 AM, Christina87 said:

I've always thought black was more of a night wedding thing. I remember when my cousin got married in 2001 at night and had a black and white wedding. All the older relatives were thrown for a loop! As most of my formalwear is black, I have usually stuck to a colored dress if in the daytime / black dress at night for weddings, and have always fit in. 

Oh, I didn't mean for the actual service! I just assumed the picture was from the hangar reception and it might have been drafty. I would imagine slipping on a coat in a semi-outdoor reception location wouldn't be a faux pas, especially when other people are wearing jeans!

Married in 1991 and my dress was antique ivory off the shoulder and my bridesmaids wore black velvet off the shoulder tea length dresses.  It was an evening wedding.  Not gonna lie, I really wanted to get married on Halloween with a Glenda the Good Witch dress but my mother put the kibosh on it.  Everyone would have been able to have the costume of their choice.  Per Mr. Natalie, he would have been Willy Wonka.

The breakfast buffet was an interesting choice.  I would have been down for a waffle and bacon.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, SnarkySnarky said:

And he would lose a free nurse to help birth future blessings.

Dear God, I hope Abbie is smart enough to know she's not a midwife or OB/GYN and not be suckered into trying to deliver anyone in the family's babies.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I still have my "twist-n-turn" Barbie. Still have Francie also, in her original bathing suit. Such fun days. Sorry the Duggar girls aren't allowed any Barbies

I had a lot of Barbies growing up. I had a Cher doll, Tuesday (or was it Tiffany Taylor) who's head would spin to change her hair, I think I had three Malibu Barbies, Mod Ken, Marie Osmond....... Sadly, I had them all in a suitcase with clothes and when we had a basement sewage flood they were destroyed. I miss them :( 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

For all of those picturing a breakfast buffet with custom omelettes, etc, this shows it was more like frozen waffles and cartons of chocolate milk.  With plenty of plastic and styrofoam.

Well, we can be pretty sure there were no Mimosas or Bellinis served. ;)

• Love 23
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

For all of those picturing a breakfast buffet with custom omelettes, etc, this shows it was more like frozen waffles and cartons of chocolate milk.  With plenty of plastic and styrofoam.

0E560226-0236-4373-9B15-2394867237E7.jpeg

Looks like cereal in the clear cup as well.

Was this near the end of the reception? It looks like the centerpiece is missing.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:29 AM, GeeGolly said:

a7182087616af361f5abcf229c41664d.jpg

Spurgeon is looking more like a Seewald as he gets older.

All I see is baby Jim Bob. 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

He's the baby being held by Lawson Bates.

Well, their pants match each other anyway! I don't think Spurgie's pants look particularly great with his jacket (which I thought was black at first, but now looks dark gray?), but I am in no way a fashionista, so maybe dark gray/ brown is a thing? Either way, he looks fine to me, and kudos for Jessa to making some kind of an effort.

Meanwhile people on FJ are snarking at Jessa's own outfit choice. And I'm a little surprised that both Jessa and Jinger seem to be wearing black. (I know wearing black to a wedding isn't as taboo as it used to be, but it still seems a bit of an odd choice.)

image.png.54ee7cd55d49df495db8c4e6aacf6805.png

I don’t know if Jingle is experiencing post-partum hair loss, but you can really see a receding hairline. 

• Love 6

I'm also disappointed in what they served.  Abbie's family may not have a lot of money, but still...a breakfast like Best Western serves (eggs. toast, some kind of meat, and hash browns) are what I might have expected if I heard the word breakfast reception.  I'd expect cheapness if Boob was hosting, but didn't TLC pay them for this shindig?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm also disappointed in what they served.  Abbie's family may not have a lot of money, but still...a breakfast like Best Western serves (eggs. toast, some kind of meat, and hash browns) are what I might have expected if I heard the word breakfast reception.  I'd expect cheapness if Boob was hosting, but didn't TLC pay them for this shindig?

There's probably some Gothard "Wisdom Book" that directs the godly to avoid actually feeding the people they invite to show up with gifts. ... With some opaque and convoluted "reason" offered for it .... Like the "reasons" behind "teaching" "bankruptcy law" to near-illiterate seven-year-olds. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I'm in the busy part of my semester, so I powered through all these post. Congrats to JD, he looks a bit sloppy, but happy. I think his parents were so cruel and implied for years he wasn't gonna ever have a woman, that finally having one must be so, so sweet. The pancakes are a nice, cute idea - this is the United States, where we have numerous restaurant chains dedicated to breakfast foods served 24/7. If it were my wedding I'd have thrown in a chef making custom omelettes, and some pasties for dessert. I hope JD enjoys the sex, and we'll all enjoy reading about he pregnancy announcement in January.

International Airport Of Pancakes. 

• Love 22

Well, at least the Sam's Club frozen waffles have some kind of fruit syrup on them and whipped cream. That kind of sweet breakfast food needs to be balanced with cups of black coffee for me. I'd have to leave the hangar early and head for a Dunkin'. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don’t think we can really conclude that they didn’t have those things based on one picture of what someone left on their plate. 

• Love 21

Didn’t someone or some article mention chafing dishes? As in actual hot food like eggs, grits, biscuits or sausage?  (Please God let there have been biscuits). That right there is a step up from snack mix and ice cream.  And considering about two-thirds of the guests are probably children, breakfast seems like a good choice. Little Tommy might not eat a rubbery chicken breast and cold broccoli, but he’ll eat Cocoa Puffs and bacon.  Makes sense to me.  

• Love 17
10 hours ago, kokapetl said:

International Airport Of Pancakes. 

I'd honestly eat a a place like that, or the Texas Cheesecake Depository. But that's just me.

For fun, and since they went with a plane theme, I'd have served the meal on little airline trays. Cheap, portion controlled, and wacky enough to get away with.

The fact that any Duggar wedding feast has been far surpassed by the kind of food you get at a Denny's or Waffle House at 3am is all on them. 

Like the "reasons" behind "teaching" "bankruptcy law" to illiterate seventeen-year-olds. 

Fixed that for you.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Didn’t someone or some article mention chafing dishes? As in actual hot food like eggs, grits, biscuits or sausage?  (Please God let there have been biscuits). That right there is a step up from snack mix and ice cream.  And considering about two-thirds of the guests are probably children, breakfast seems like a good choice. Little Tommy might not eat a rubbery chicken breast and cold broccoli, but he’ll eat Cocoa Puffs and bacon.  Makes sense to me.  

If they had chafing dishes, I hope they had servers portioning out the food. I can never think of a wedding like this without wondering if the Rodriguii (and other giant families) showed up with their dozen hungry kids clamoring to get their first decent meal of the month. 

Eggs are fairly cheap and sausage is possible if pork isn't forbidden for some of these people. Even better if it is; more for the rest. White milk for the kids and coffee for adults. Watery reconstituted juice for all. If the food is bought in bulk and prepared by volunteers, four dollars a person could feed everyone decently. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Eggs are fairly cheap and sausage is possible if pork isn't forbidden for some of these people. Even better if it is; more for the rest. White milk for the kids and coffee for adults. Watery reconstituted juice for all. If the food is bought in bulk and prepared by volunteers, four dollars a person could feed everyone decently. 

Plus, if you call it a 'Wedding Breakfast Ministry' you can solicit donations online or from the rubes that actuality attend the wedding (via collection plate). Winning idea!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I don’t think we can really conclude that they didn’t have those things based on one picture of what someone left on their plate. 

True.  Hopefully they had fresh fruit as well.  

None of Jilly's cream of crap concoctions, so that's a plus.

• Love 3
On 11/4/2018 at 8:34 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or does it look like an entire family decided to show up in coordinating aqua-colored outfits in the back?

Is the aqua-clad family the Rodriquii???? It looks like something they'd do and they love to match.

13 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

They actually attempted to feed people a full meal, with tables and chairs so a total improvement from the other Duggar receptions.

This. Yeah, I might judge if it was a "regular" wedding but even this far surpasses giving people drippy sundaes in a cold church parking lot.  It's in a covered area, there are chairs/tables, and there's food (and while it maybe cheap breakfast food, it's closer to being a meal than a serving of ice cream).  By Duggar standards, it was somewhat above average for those facts alone.  By the rest of the world's standards, not so much. 

I kind of get the impression that JD and Abbie are/were much more into having a marriage than into having a wedding, which is usually a good sign.  

• Love 16
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm kinda disappointed with the wedding as a whole.  

While any real food served is certainly miles ahead of the usual Duggar standing room only popcorn and pickles heehaw fest, I guess I was unrealistically hoping for more. 

I really was hoping for some dancing like at Abbie's sister's wedding. Mind you, nothing crazy like a DJ or anything but really, would a classical string quartet be that much of a satan fortress building risk?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Is the aqua-clad family the Rodriquii???? It looks like something they'd do and they love to match.

Nah, the teal dressed kids aren't thin enough to be Rods.

• Love 8

I know it's different strokes for different folks, but I'd MUCH rather have a small reception in an intimate area and feed a good meal rather than having it in an airplane hanger!  That is just so impersonal.  I also understand that I live in the Northeast and I've always been to very expensive and over the top weddings, but damn, I would be so disappointed if I was on the guest list to this party.

Edited by lucy711
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait. Let me wrap my head around this. You would rather have an intimate reception with people you actually know, serving them a good meal? Rather than invite 1,000 people and serving Fruit Loops?

Crazy, huh?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait. Let me wrap my head around this. You would rather have an intimate reception with people you actually know, serving them a good meal? Rather than invite 1,000 people and serving Fruit Loops?

Now that is an interesting concept...

• Love 6

Derick was probably thrilled to be rid of Jill and the kids for the weekend. Law school is giving him the perfect excuse for needing plenty of alone time. 

I had high hopes this would be a more mature wedding, but the ring drone pretty much put the kibosh on that.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Nice dress, but cold waffles, eggs and bacon? Very classy. 

My personal opinion is if you're not going to do something right, don't do it at all. If they had no way to keep the food hot, scrap the breakfast idea and do cake and punch. Most of the reception food probably got chucked in the trash.

Cold waffles? Seriously? Cold waffles? .... I want the butter to melt on my waffle. 

• Love 18