Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 11/27/2023 at 2:41 PM, YupItsMe said:

Cute kids. Happy family with smiles that reach their eyes.

I think that they're the "cutest" of the kids because their smiles reach their eyes.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I guess it's because my hair isn't curly, but I couldn't see much difference between the before and after photos except that the after photos were better lit and it looked like Abbie had gotten her highlights touched up,

• Like 12
(edited)

I'm gluten intolerant and break out in a rash with wheat touching my skin.  For example, I do papier mache and have a lot of trouble with making the paste (wheat flour) and using it.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Like 2
  • Useful 21
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Wondering why a shampoo would want to claim it is gluten free. After all, you don't EAT the stuff. . . (Um, this might say something about the intellectual capabilities of those who use it.)

It depends on your type of allergy.  Many people cannot tolerate gluten in the air.  I avoid the bread aisle at the grocery store because the gluten in the air affects my breathing. I avoid products that contain gluten.

FYI to anyone who eats gluten-free.   McDonalds changed their recipe for french fries a couple of years ago.  Their fries are now coated in a gluten-containing seasoning  that makes them crispier.  I found out the hard way the last time I went to McDonalds.  I ended up in the Urgent Care needing an albuterol treatment.

• Sad 8
  • Useful 13
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

3 hours and 10 minutes, y'all.

I hope you're are all finding ways to manage your eager anticipation.

I clipped my toenails and everything. What did I miss? I forgot about her announcement.

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Abbie is "loosing" her curls.

🤣 Soon Abbie will be "loosing" money, due to the foolishness of joining an MLM!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
20 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Abbie is "loosing" her curls.

As much as I absolutely cringe when someone uses loose when they mean lose, she's not necessarily using incorrect grammar here.  There are different types of curls that occur naturally and loose curls are one of them, so are tight ringlets.  Abbie very well could have had her normally tight ringlets become looser over time due to her pregnancies and caring for her children.  And now that she is spending time doing her hair, she now has her tight ringlets back.  I am not going to credit Monat for this change.  What changed is Abbie taking care of her curls.  She's spending the 30-90 minutes necessary to wash, condition, detangle, coat her hair in gel, then coax her curls into shape using whatever brush or comb she prefers, drying her hair by whichever method she chooses (diffuser, plopping in an old tee shirt, airdrying, or another method I am currently blanking on), and finally breaking the cast with her hands and maybe an oil.  She may have even sprung for a satin or silk bonnet to sleep in plus a matching pillowcase to extend the life of her curls.  When it comes to curls, method trumps product.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As much as I absolutely cringe when someone uses loose when they mean lose, she's not necessarily using incorrect grammar here.  There are different types of curls that occur naturally and loose curls are one of them, so are tight ringlets.  Abbie very well could have had her normally tight ringlets become looser over time due to her pregnancies and caring for her children.  And now that she is spending time doing her hair, she now has her tight ringlets back.  I am not going to credit Monat for this change.  What changed is Abbie taking care of her curls.  She's spending the 30-90 minutes necessary to wash, condition, detangle, coat her hair in gel, then coax her curls into shape using whatever brush or comb she prefers, drying her hair by whichever method she chooses (diffuser, plopping in an old tee shirt, airdrying, or another method I am currently blanking on), and finally breaking the cast with her hands and maybe an oil.  She may have even sprung for a satin or silk bonnet to sleep in plus a matching pillowcase to extend the life of her curls.  When it comes to curls, method trumps product.

I always had naturally curly hair. Then it seemed overnight, I "lost" the curl. I did dye my hair but I don't know if that would cause it. I ended up doing perms for a couple of years. After my son was born, I got my curl back! However, I became allergic to hair dye! 

• Useful 4
13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I always had naturally curly hair. Then it seemed overnight, I "lost" the curl. I did dye my hair but I don't know if that would cause it. I ended up doing perms for a couple of years. After my son was born, I got my curl back! However, I became allergic to hair dye! 

After my second child my hair went from VERY wavy to stick straight.  I loved it! It took about 3 or 4 years before the wave started coming back.  

MLM, LOL.  

• Like 7

I read an article about Joy doing a Q&A and apparently she's quite pissed about assumptions made about her. Primarily she's angry that followers assume she believes as her parents believe, yet she didn't define any differences. I guess we can add dancing to the list.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I read an article about Joy doing a Q&A and apparently she's quite pissed about assumptions made about her. Primarily she's angry that followers assume she believes as her parents believe, yet she didn't define any differences. I guess we can add dancing to the list.

You're in the wrong thread. I guess we're all a bit rusty.😀

• LOL 10
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I can't access it, what makes it non IBLP? 

Maybe it would be approved by IBLP but it is not an IBLP associated retreat. I looked up sponsoring organization which is Family Life  which is part of Cru (use to be Campus Crusade for Christ) they are evangelical and adopted the Southern Baptists' doctrine on complementarianism roles of men and women in marriage (he the leader and she the nurturer).  They are not associated with a particular domination but seem to take doctrine from several conservative dominations. The venue for the retreat was nice and they went to a jazz club. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
On 1/25/2024 at 8:36 AM, zenme said:

After my second child my hair went from VERY wavy to stick straight.  I loved it! It took about 3 or 4 years before the wave started coming back.  

MLM, LOL.  

My hair has gone through various stages of curliness ...it was riotously curly when I was little, but calmed down to slightly wavy, then got curlier again after I hit puberty. I hated it then, because, of course, back in the early 70s we all wanted Marcia Brady hair, and if there were any products or techniques for playing up one's curls, I was not aware of them. It would behave pretty well in the summer. Humidity seemed to bring out the curl more, but it just stuck out in weird directions in the winter. My pregnancy hair was always full, lush and curly, then thinned out and got almost stick straight afterwards for some six months before starting to return to status quo, which was how I learned to actually appreciate how low-maintenance curls actually are. So I enjoyed them after that, and menopause seemed to bring the curl out even more. That, combined with the fact that there now are all sorts of curly products & techniques means that in my mid 60s, I finally have hair that I really like!

• Like 11
(edited)
On 1/12/2024 at 1:15 PM, crazy8s said:

This is interesting

The house John got way back on the show and that he still owns, has a few storage units on the property.

He requested a zoning change in late 2021 to have the property re zoned to storage and warehouse space. It was deemed unnecessary because the original units were grandfathered in to old zoning rules.

He was told the original storage could stay, but the changes he wanted were not approved because they didn't fit current zoning. He was in violation of zoning and must remove all RVs, 4 wheelers and other things stored outside the original buildings. All storage has to be contained in the original units with the doors closed when not in use.

John said he requested the change because it was needed for him to attain a business license.

12/23 John forms new LLC for the property.

Sweet Duggar pal Tom Joseph has the property currently listed for sale for $599,999. (Updated 1/6/24)  John paid $126,000 in 2012 and has been renting the house to other for many years.

To update

The house and property John was shown getting on the show sold 2/20/24 for $575,000.  He paid $126,000. when he got it. Property was moved from John to his new llc 12/23. So no capital gains tax or whatever on that money paid by john.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The stories have expired. 

Sorry, didn't realize it was so close to expiring. The picture of them at Costco is still in Jinger's stories. Maybe Jeremy or Jinger will make the visit part of a vlog. I was surprised JD and Abbie were visiting until Abbie said they were there for the expo. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The boy will be hit with the Duggar aging rapidly/losing hair by 23. 

By so far yeah they are cute.

Considering he is in his mid 30s, I've seen a lot worse. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The boy will be hit with the Duggar aging rapidly/losing hair by 23. 

By so far yeah they are cute.

I think baldness is inherited from the mother’s ancestors 

• Like 7

That's a very cute picture. I love that they so far have only two kids and that they are wearing pretty colors. And that little seersucker shorts suit is very cute.

• Like 9

Kind of off topic, but my eyes are a bit blurry from reading on my phone, and I totally read "Gracie" as "Oracle" (my eyes closed up the G, and linked the line with the dot in i). It confused me for a moment, then got me wondering how many people named Oracle ever existed. It almost does make for an interesting name...

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

All the duggar guys except Joe ran this.  Jason was 11th overall out of 277.

Jackson 4th  (14-19)

Jason 2nd, James 3rd (20-24)

Josiah 3rd, Jed 10th, Jer 12th. (25-29)

Elijah 1st John 13th (30-35)

For the female

Katie and Jed must have ran together since they finished with the exact same time

Abbie, John and Jana all finished with times within a few seconds of each other.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

All the duggar guys except Joe ran this.  Jason was 11th overall out of 277.

Jackson 4th  (14-19)

Jason 2nd, James 3rd (20-24)

Josiah 3rd, Jed 10th, Jer 12th. (25-29)

Elijah 1st John 13th (30-35)

For the female

Katie and Jed must have ran together since they finished with the exact same time

Abbie, John and Jana all finished with times within a few seconds of each other.

I saw results for Johannah and Ben too.  Wonder if Johannah had to run in a skirt.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3