Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 8/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, farmgal4 said:

Out of all of the Duggar offspring couples, I think JD and Abbie have the all-around healthiest, happiest marriage.  I have no idea why I think that other than it’s just the vibe I get from them.  I think that he’s head-over-heels in love with her.  At least I hope that’s true, because I really like Abbie, and I want her to be happy.

I think it's due to a couple things.  1) Abbie was a full-fledged adult when they started dating/courting/whatever.  She had some education.  She had a job.  She had to have dealt with people outside their circle at some point.  2) JD never seemed sold on the whole super-fundamentalist bent.  I think he's held on to a lot of their crappy beliefs, but, I don't think he's a full-fledged member.  I mean, he was a bachelor until he was almost thirty; I think the only reason he WOULD have married Abbie was because he really felt something for her, because he seemed to have absolutely zero desire to end up with the sort of life his parents and most of his siblings had. 

• Like 8
  • Love 12

I agree with everyone that the spread is not appetizing and a bit bizarre. It's clearly set up for photo purposes and to try to impress visually, culinary sense be damned. But yeah, I expect that level of abundance did its job and impressed the attendees, even though it's not something I would personally want to eat. I looked at it and wondered how many guests there were and how much food went to waste.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

It was probably on a Pinterest they were trying to copy

Agree. All kinds of charcuterie boards are all the rage right now. Presentation seems to be more important than palatability.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Why copy the masses when they pride themselves on doing things a little “different?”

Did a Duggar host this or one or more of Abbie’s friends who never got that message!

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Did a Duggar host this or one or more of Abbie’s friends who never got that message!

Looks like it was at Katey Duggars parents house. Speculation is that there were a bunch of hostesses including Jana, Joy, Esther Bates and maybe 2 other friends. 

• Useful 3
On 8/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Zella said:

Yeah the waffles on top of fruit for God knows how long is making me gag just thinking about it. And I say this as someone who is very pro waffle. LOL

Meh, I think the waffles, for the most part, are next to the grapes rather than on top of them, and grapes don't particularly leak juice. And even warm waffles, set out in a buffet,  pretty much end up room temperature by the time you get all the toppings on and sit down to eat. As long as you are not trying to get a pat of butter to melt on it, or as long as it hasn't been sitting around for a truly extended period of time, it's fine. Same with bacon - as long as it hasn't gotten totally congealed, it still tastes fine, even if it's not ideal. I think the spread looks attractive, and given that it appears to have been put together with some care, rather than slap-dash, I would take the gamble that whoever did it also had some knowledge of food safety and hygiene.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I would personally never take that gamble at a Duggar event. 

Haha! Fair enough. I think that if I knew it was done by Duggars, born and bred, I might have similar hesitations, but I do think that there are some among the daughters in law who actually know what they are doing.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

After watching the Howlers clean the litter box with their bare hands (remember all the kittens they brought home when they found them in wall of a house?) , I would not trust anyone connected with this family in regard to sanitary habits.

• Mind Blown 19
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Fair enough. I think that if I knew it was done by Duggars, born and bred, I might have similar hesitations, but I do think that there are some among the daughters in law who actually know what they are doing.

I do think the in-laws tend to be more gifted in the domestic arts, but I just am not inclined to give any of them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to safety issues. Admittedly, I have some phobia issues with foods being soggy or watered down thanks to my mother's "cooking," so I'm probably extra sensitive about the whole waffles piled on fruit thing than a lot of people would be for that reason. But I can't really say I've ever seen any pictures from a Duggar celebration, regardless of who was cooking, that made me think I was missing out on a meal. I was actually making spaghetti last night and couldn't stop thinking of how bland Jinger's spaghetti appears to be. Like, it literally looks like just plain ground beef and spaghetti sauce without any seasoning, and my assumption is all the in-laws have a similarly bland repertoire. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if Abbie has already given birth, and they are not sharing it with the public. Since they're not on TV anymore, do they have an obligation to share it with the world?

I mean, none of them have an obligation to share anything, but they announced the pregnancy on social media, so I would think they'll announce the birth, eventually. Announcing weeks after the fact wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I checked the Duggar family blog (so you don't have to). The baby still hasn't arrived. There was a notation that Octobers birthdays are already up, and they expect the baby to be born in September, but will update October if necessary.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Because they could? Because they have never had a heavy social media presence and are trying to scale back even more? They don't owe the world a public announcement, and I think their post was a pretty pointed way of saying "we're sharing our news on our terms"-- no exact birthdate, no full name, not even a full face shot of the baby.

Add to that the fact that John David was never really all excited about being filmed. I always got the feeling that he tolerated it because JB told him to.    I don’t begrudge him his privacy now. 

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Somehow I quoted myself here 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't care for the sterile look of the photo.  J&J need to learn from them.  Infrequent posts and no blurring/cutesy blocking the kids faces.

They don’t need to start exploiting their kids again. The kids deserve better.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Congratulations!  What a beautiful family!  Can't help but wonder why they waited a month to announce Charlie's birth.  

According to woacb it’s because josh has a court date coming up, so of course a Duggar will chime in with happy news to distract us. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, awaken said:

According to woacb it’s because josh has a court date coming up, so of course a Duggar will chime in with happy news to distract us. 

She's so full of shit. The last time JD spoke of the FF, it was with contempt. It's been several years, but I haven't seen anything that indicates that they mended fences. 

IOW, JD doesn't give a rat's ass about the appeal. I seriously doubt he knows the court dates. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She's so full of shit. The last time JD spoke of the FF, it was with contempt. It's been several years, but I haven't seen anything that indicates that they mended fences. 

IOW, JD doesn't give a rat's ass about the appeal. I seriously doubt he knows the court dates. 🙄

JD also cared more about Josh cheating on Anna than he did about Josh sexually abusing his sisters . . .

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Cute picture of the family, but that composition is not working for me.  White on white on white on white on white on white is a bit too much.  

Someone on reddit commented that they look like they're at a 40s tuberculosis sanitarium, awaiting the results of their test!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1