Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

• Wearing blue because its a boy?
  • I wondered why Jana was allowed to be with the married girls.
  • Joy is definitely hiding a pregnancy. 
  • Kendra with her modesty panel.
  • Laura and Kendra allowing pics post pregnancies.
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Lauren always seemed to have nice taste in clothing. That dress is a strange choice.

She can wear it again for Halloween. Maybe she can be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Or MaryAnn from Gilligan's Island.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

She can wear it again for Halloween. Maybe she can be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Or MaryAnn from Gilligan's Island.

I do think it’s Dorothy Gale inspired but I like it. I think the style is a bit overwhelming for Lauren given her height (would probably look better on someone taller), but the puff sleeve is very in now which I find flattering for myself, it balances out the hips. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, marleyfan said:

Is Joy hiding a pregnancy?  She is standing behind people in both pictures that I have seen (so far)

There have been some other recent pics of her and she looks pretty flat.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do think it’s Dorothy Gale inspired but I like it. I think the style is a bit overwhelming for Lauren given her height (would probably look better on someone taller), but the puff sleeve is very in now which I find flattering for myself, it balances out the hips. 

Yes, puffed sleeves are all over. I look like a linebacker when I wear them. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Cracking up at baby plane #2. 🤣🤣🤣
So not everyone wore blue. Maybe they wore it in accident—“hey, it’s a shower for a baby joy and I have this cute blue dress”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope it was was planned, because why else would they all choose such childish, nightgown-ish dresses? 

50 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, puffed sleeves are all over. I look like a linebacker when I wear them. 

Same. I used to tear the shoulder pads right out of women’s clothing in the 80s! Talk about unnecessary.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Or because they are all living as pseudo children/brainless helpmeets? 🤣

There is only one that is childish looking and who knows, not her usual style. Maybe she has a sister who is learning to sew and made it for her.  

• LOL 3
Just now, Dehumidifier said:

There is only one that is childish looking and who knows, not her usual style. Maybe she has a sister who is learning to sew and made it for her.  

That’s a matter of opinion. 🤷‍♀️ Almost all of them look little girl-ish to me.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

No Anna or did I miss her? Seems all Duggar daughters and sister in laws that live in the area were all there. 

No sightings of Jessa, but maybe there were more pics I didn't see. I did note that one of the RHOMC didn't wear blue.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The dresses do kind of whisper Bates. 🤣👗

image.png.8c02a3aec52374a6c432d5ff489130a8.png

With a little touch of Duggar.

image.png.c59d00242003aaa639e079e8256e50cd.png

Definitely all cultwear!

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Katey's dress is the prettiest. Shirt dresses always work.

She looks the least juvenile, for sure. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The welcome mat has the name of the homeowners. I know I've seen that name before.

Katey’s maiden name, Nakatsu ?

Edited by ginger90
To spell her name correctly.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Katey's dress is the prettiest. Shirt dresses always work.

If Katey is the one I’m thinking of, I think she is so attractive.  She’s naturally pretty and has a beautiful smile.

• Love 1

Katie looks like a completely different person in every single picture I've seen. If you told me she was replaced by a different woman in each picture, I would not argue.

I have learned to identify her by just assuming she's the person I don't recognize, which has been complicated by the addition of Hannah to the gaggle of in-laws. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Katie looks like a completely different person in every single picture I've seen. If you told me she was replaced by a different woman in each picture, I would not argue.

I have learned to identify her by just assuming she's the person I don't recognize, which has been complicated by the addition of Hannah to the gaggle of in-laws. 

Hannah is easy to identify. The Wissmann clan tend to have very round heads. Hannah shares this trait. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Hannah is easy to identify. The Wissmann clan tend to have very round heads. Hannah shares this trait. 

She also doesn't look like she's been replaced by another person in every picture. LOL

My main thing is I'll see a face I don't know automatically and say "Katie?" because I've gotten used to that mystery person being Katie. Then I'll see another mystery face and realize that the first face was Hannah and then just still assume the other one is Katie due to process of elimination. Between the both of them, Hannah is easier to identify once I realize it's a multiple choice occasion, but I still haven't seen her face enough to register her automatically. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have to say, everything looks classy and tasteful. You know Jill R. couldn't pull that off, just look at the latest batch of pictures. That spread of food looks delicious unlike pizza bagels (which don't get me wrong, I do like them). And you don't need a lot of money to do something nice. 

This spread and decor is nicer than anything ever held at TTH. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Oh hey, that reminds me. As much as we've been talking about how Anna (and Jessa) were not included, Hannah is not seen in any of these pics either.

Neither were Jinger nor Claire, but they are out of state so that makes sense.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Oh hey, that reminds me. As much as we've been talking about how Anna (and Jessa) were not included, Hannah is not seen in any of these pics either.

Neither were Jinger nor Claire, but they are out of state so that makes sense.

Maybe Jessa and Anna were invited, but chose not to attend. Abbie doesn't seem very close to them anyway.

And Hannah seems very wrapped up in Jeremiah at the moment.

Edited by beckie
On 8/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, YupItsMe said:

or maybe something aviation inspired? Jett, Pilot, Skye …

McFly

On 8/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Teriacky said:

I think John was thinking more of Jefferson Davis.

or George Jefferson 🤣

• LOL 10
14 hours ago, beckie said:

Maybe Jessa and Anna were invited, but chose not to attend. Abbie doesn't seem very close to them anyway.

And Hannah seems very wrapped up in Jeremiah at the moment.

I think once you start adding second and third generations to an already large family, it gets a lot harder to get everyone in the same place at the same time. A lot of our favourite control freak fundie parents (see Jill Rod's continuing whining about how much she misses Nurie) do their best to keep all the second generation on the (literal or metaphorical) compound, but it seems like they all have kids who are breaking away spatially if not philosophically.

I'd guess with the Duggars, this pretty natural process has been compounded by the fact that their collective income isn't tied to all being available for filming anymore and likely some conflicts around the FF. I can't see Jill or Joy clearing their calendars for a letter writing party for FF at the big house (heh), for example. 

Or, you know, they were there and just didn't get photographed. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

There's been a few fairly recent occasions where many of us assumed a Duggar or two didn't attend based on pictures posted, only to have those missing Duggars post pictures of themselves at those events weeks later. I think that's likely the case here, and everyone who's local was invited and attended unless they happened to be out of town.

• Like 6
On 8/16/2022 at 6:59 AM, libgirl2 said:

I have to say, everything looks classy and tasteful. You know Jill R. couldn't pull that off, just look at the latest batch of pictures. That spread of food looks delicious unlike pizza bagels (which don't get me wrong, I do like them). And you don't need a lot of money to do something nice. 

The breakfast spread probably included more fruit ready to eat than any of the poor Rodlets have seen in the lives. I'm kind of sorry I wasn't invited. 

JD-AbbyBShower.JPG

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The breakfast spread probably included more fruit ready to eat than any of the poor Rodlets have seen in the lives. I'm kind of sorry I wasn't invited. 

JD-AbbyBShower.JPG

That's quite a spread!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I'm kind of sorry I wasn't invited. 

Just think of how many (probably un-vaxxed, potentially unwashed) hands touched that food to arrange it. Yes, the individual food choices are yummy, but the weird layout on cardboard (butcher paper?) with all the food mixed together and who knows who touching it is pretty unappetizing, imo.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Just think of how many (probably un-vaxxed, potentially unwashed) hands touched that food to arrange it. Yes, the individual food choices are yummy, but the weird layout on cardboard (butcher paper?) with all the food mixed together and who knows who touching it is pretty unappetizing, imo.

This seems to be a trend right now to spread food out like that 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

This seems to be a trend right now to spread food out like that 🤷🏼‍♀️

It looks pretty, but I’m thinking how the bacon and sausage would be cold by the time anyone ate it, and the waffles would be cold and stiff. And the fruit juices would be leaking into the waffles, eggs, and meat. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, awaken said:

It looks pretty, but I’m thinking how the bacon and sausage would be cold by the time anyone ate it, and the waffles would be cold and stiff. And the fruit juices would be leaking into the waffles, eggs, and meat. 

The J's are used to tater tot casserole, tuna with BBQ sauce, and "cake" made of ice cream sandwiches smothered in fake whipped topping.  I doubt soggy waffles and room temperature bacon will even register with them.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, awaken said:

the fruit juices would be leaking into the waffles,

Yeah the waffles on top of fruit for God knows how long is making me gag just thinking about it. And I say this as someone who is very pro waffle. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6