Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Wonder if he’ll be a junior?

None of the Duggar kids has had a junior yet... Maybe they'll go with David John. Gracie and Davy would be a cute sibling pair, and Grace got Abbie's middle name as her first name, so they'd kind of have a theme there. 

Of course my Duggar name guesses are never right, so it'll probably be something out of left field like Truett or Frederick. As long as it's not on the level of Spurgeon...

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

None of the Duggar kids has had a junior yet... Maybe they'll go with David John. Gracie and Davy would be a cute sibling pair, and Grace got Abbie's middle name as her first name, so they'd kind of have a theme there. 

Of course my Duggar name guesses are never right, so it'll probably be something out of left field like Truett or Frederick. As long as it's not on the level of Spurgeon...

Ha my brother’s name is David John. We call him David, lol.

• Love 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

David Duggar? I dunno, but then again nothing really goes with Duggar. 

It’s ok I guess. But you’re right, the clunky, awkward Duggar surname ruins any name. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Don't Gracie and Michelle share a middle name? I guess they could go David Robert, which isn't bad, but I don't like David Duggar that well. Although if they're going to name after family members, they should take a name from Abbie's side this time.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Don't Gracie and Michelle share a middle name? I guess they could go David Robert, which isn't bad, but I don't like David Duggar that well. Although if they're going to name after family members, they should take a name from Abbie's side this time.

Dave-Bob. 😁

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Although if they're going to name after family members, they should take a name from Abbie's side this time.

Abbie's father's name is John, so maybe they'll go with John as a middle name to honor both the baby's father and paternal grandfather. Or go with David Whatever-Abbie's-dad's-middle-name-is so that the name mirrors Grace Annette.

Thus far we've had no J-named grandkids, right? I wonder if that's a conscious effort and everyone's just sick of J's.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Thus far we've had no J-named grandkids, right? I wonder if that's a conscious effort and everyone's just sick of J's.

I've found it pretty telling that the only grandkids with themed names seem to be driven by the in-laws: Anna with the Ms and Lauren with the ABC theme (though to be fair she may have dropped that). I wouldn't be surprised if all the Duggar kids were so over the J name theme, especially the ones who got screwed with some of the worst names. Here's looking at you, poor Jinger, whom I'll always say in my head to rhyme with zinger. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sky(e) Pilot.  Eric Burdon and the Animals recorded the song in the 60's. 

It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?  🙃

They don’t deserve that name. Eric wouldn’t approve!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s ok I guess. But you’re right, the clunky, awkward Duggar surname ruins any name. 

And that's before you even learn about their heinous beliefs.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I've keep thinking they'll go with David.

• Like 4

JD strikes me as the type to want a junior. I keep thinking g about how he Pais to have his car made up to look like a cop car even thought that's not a thing for constables. And how he walked around the Bahamas openly carrying a gun and "comandeering" supplies. He's an arrogant asshole who thinks way to highly of himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

or maybe something aviation inspired? Jett, Pilot, Skye …

How about Charles, for Charles Lindbergh or Chuck Yeager? Lindbergh admired the Nazis, unfortunately, but that probably wouldn't faze JD much.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

How about Charles, for Charles Lindbergh or Chuck Yeager? Lindbergh admired the Nazis, unfortunately, but that probably wouldn't faze JD much.

Would JD even know that about Lindbergh? The SOTDRT probably didn’t cover anything but that Lindbergh was a famous pilot.

• LOL 4

They picked well with Gracie's name, so I'm hoping they do as well with the new baby.  I doesn't seem that "Jr" is a thing in this family.  I do wonder how much time they spend at the Big House with the grandparents.

(My uncle was in the Air Force with Chuck Yeager during WWII.  They remained friends until my uncles's death in 2009)

• Like 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Would JD even know that about Lindbergh? The SOTDRT probably didn’t cover anything but that Lindbergh was a famous pilot.

And googling it now would be way too difficult, am I right?

49 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And googling it now would be way too difficult, am I right?

None of the Duggars strike me as curious about much of anything, so googling wouldn’t even cross their minds.

• Sad 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I never knew about his political leanings until a few years ago myself.  My public school education only taught me that he was a famous pilot, and that his baby was kidnapped and died.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

JD strikes me as the type to want a junior. I keep thinking g about how he Pais to have his car made up to look like a cop car even thought that's not a thing for constables. And how he walked around the Bahamas openly carrying a gun and "comandeering" supplies. He's an arrogant asshole who thinks way to highly of himself.

Thanks for saying so. Many seem to think he’s nice, and a bit derpy, but these are what I remember!

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
On 8/6/2022 at 2:28 PM, AnnaBaptist said:

Jeremy's father and brother are Charles & Chuck, so I can't imagine JD & Abbie are going to go that way.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Jeremy's father and brother are Charles & Chuck, so I can't imagine JD & Abbie are going to go that way.   

I don't think that matters in their circle considering they have an Ivy, Evangeline and Evelyn - Ivy, Evie and Evy. Never mind Jana, Johanna and John David. Joshua, Josiah and Josie. 

I also doubt JD and Abbie even think about Chuck and Charles.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think that matters in their circle considering they have an Ivy, Evangeline and Evelyn - Ivy, Evie and Evy. Never mind Jana, Johanna and John David. Joshua, Josiah and Josie. 

I also doubt JD and Abbie even think about Chuck and Charles.

Don't forget Joseph.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Lauren always seemed to have nice taste in clothing. That dress is a strange choice.

JB would approve.  He likes puffy sleeves. (See Mech's wedding-renewal dress.  He demanded puffy sleeves.  The dress looked awful.)

Edited by CalicoKitty
typo
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And not visibly pregnant!

Probably because they both had babies earlier this year...

1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Lauren always seemed to have nice taste in clothing. That dress is a strange choice.

She looks like she's doing a Dorothy Gale/ Anne Shirley mash-up cosplay...

I also briefly thought Joy had a tattoo on her ankle, but turns out it's just an errant plant.

Also, where's Jessa? 

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Probably because they both had babies earlier this year...

She looks like she's doing a Dorothy Gale/ Anne Shirley mash-up cosplay...

I also briefly thought Joy had a tattoo on her ankle, but turns out it's just an errant plant.

Also, where's Jessa? 

Me too!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There are more pictures on Reddit: 

image.png

Cracking up at baby plane #2. 🤣🤣🤣
So not everyone wore blue. Maybe they wore it in accident—“hey, it’s a shower for a baby joy and I have this cute blue dress”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 2