Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Well I have been blocked on Instagram by Medic Corps.  They (or Jana) have a lot of time to go through and see who likes comments they don't agree with because I didn't post anything, I just liked a couple of snarky comments.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

And they are not taking selfies and bragging about it on the internet.

Most of the images shown seemed like stock footage probably available online from various news agencies.

If the ER physicians who are part of Medic Corps are there, they would have some trauma training.  If one or more of them actually served in Afghanistan, I'd be shocked, but it would give them someone with specific training in war injuries.  However, these guys wouldn't know any more about trauma that the typical Ukrainian ER doc, so unless there is a huge shortage of those, I don't see the point.  Then, from the video, it appears that these guys are not working with the Red Cross or Doctors without Borders or any other group that might be specifically providing medical care outside of the regular healthcare system, but coordinating with them.

Since it doesn't look like they have access to medical facilities, I presume they are talking about providing first aid at the various churches, etc which is probably not a bad idea.  Let them show off their basic first aid training to non-medical locals, that could be helpful as could supplying stuff like bandages and antiseptics, etc.

In the field, they certainly won't be flying anywhere unless they'd like to see a Russian MIG up close and personal.  They'd need some sort of vehicle to serve as an ambulance with at least the ability to provide IV fluids and oxygen and transport victims to a hospital, which, I suppose somebody from one of their churches might be able to provide.  Of course, they'd also need gasoline and tires and parts should it break down and that could be problematic.

Since it looks like they are only seeking to deal with fundamentalist churches, which must be a very small number in Ukraine, I expect that what they will do is fill a church basement with cots and blankets and serve hot coffee and donuts or something.  The guys will go out and 'rescue' people and bring them back to the church with promises of a hot meal, flashlights and aspirin or some such and then the pastor will step up to the pulpit and tell them they are all sinners and that's why God sent the Russians to kill them and they'd better repent and find the 'right' Jesus pronto.  Just because the Ukrainian Orthodox church is thousands of years old, can trace itself back to the actual Jesus and has been the faith of generations for two millenia; doesn't mean they don't need saved, after all.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

We don't know what Morales' credentials really are. Anyone can make up a title and put it on a jacket. I tried to search for him and came up empty.

Wouldn’t you think they’d put his credentials on their website? It’s shady that they haven’t done so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, quarks said:

I think a couple of them are physically in Ukraine - that picture of the beds in the gymnasium wasn't taken by a professional, and looks authentic. Ukraine apparently is letting people into the country and even offering citizenship to those who agree to fight  on the Ukrainian side - not wander around taking pictures, fight. 

I read online that over 6000 Americans have contacted the Ukrainian Embassy here in the US volunteering to fight and only about 100 were accepted.  I presume this is because they don't have the time or ability to train them, so they're only taking people with actual combat experience.

That being the case, I find it hard to believe that Medic Corps is going to be approved by the Ukrainian government to help with supplies or medical care.  This would be why they are plugging the churches that they have lined up to help them.  It probably is also not in their favor that, on their very own website, Medic Corps makes it clear that there is no free lunch with them; they are going to spread the Gospel and any aid they provide is secondary to that.  

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Wouldn’t you think they’d put his credentials on their website? It’s shady that they haven’t done so.

He is listed as an RN with a BSN from Penn State on the other mission website.  It also says he graduated in 2014 and worked as a nurse in a pediatric intensive care unit before leaving to go into full time ministry.  So, he has fewer than 8 years of experience in nursing, probably a lot less and his experience is in ICU work which is not what Medic Corps is going to be providing.  He can probably start an IV and do CPR on little kids which could come in handy in some cases, but his experience has got to be very limited.

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Well I have been blocked on Instagram by Medic Corps.  They (or Jana) have a lot of time to go through and see who likes comments they don't agree with because I didn't post anything, I just liked a couple of snarky comments.  

But they’re such legitimate professionals! /s

• LOL 6
42 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I read online that over 6000 Americans have contacted the Ukrainian Embassy here in the US volunteering to fight and only about 100 were accepted.  I presume this is because they don't have the time or ability to train them, so they're only taking people with actual combat experience.

That being the case, I find it hard to believe that Medic Corps is going to be approved by the Ukrainian government to help with supplies or medical care.  This would be why they are plugging the churches that they have lined up to help them.  It probably is also not in their favor that, one their very website, Medic Corps makes it clear that there is no free lunch with them; they are going to spread the Gospel and any aid they provide is secondary to that.  

Spread their gospel in English, apparently. 🤣

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

THAT is a true snarker’s badge of honour!

Edited by MunichNark
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I find it strange that they haven't put his credentials on his uniform - if only for safety reasons.

29 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

That being the case, I find it hard to believe that Medic Corps is going to be approved by the Ukrainian government to help with supplies or medical care.  This would be why they are plugging the churches that they have lined up to help them.  It probably is also not in their favor that, on their very own website, Medic Corps makes it clear that there is no free lunch with them; they are going to spread the Gospel and any aid they provide is secondary to that.  

(nods)

Right. Medic Corps noticeably haven't mentioned the Ukrainian government even once in any of their postings/videos. It's not clear if they've even contacted any official Ukrainian authorities. And it doesn't seem that they've contacted the Ukrainian army, either, as potential soldiers or medics. So I doubt they have any official approval to be there.

My point was more that it doesn't seem that anyone - other than apparently the Belarussian government - is trying to keep people from crossing the western/northern borders into Ukraine, The governments of Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova are focusing on trying to help people who are trying to get out, and the Ukrainian government has other urgent things to focus on right now. So I can readily believe that a couple of Medic Corps people flew into Poland, rented or purchased some sort of vehicle, and are now driving around Ukraine not doing anything particularly useful - while using up gas and other supplies which could be useful.

5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If they only want to “partner” with fundamentalist churches, won’t they simply be preaching to the choir? How will they spread their “word “ to any others?

I think the hope is that desperate folks will come to the fundamentalist pastors for needed supplies, which will in turn give the pastors a chance to convert people?

Which I don't think will work if the supplies never get to Ukraine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, quarks said:

My point was more that it doesn't seem that anyone - other than apparently the Belarussian government - is trying to keep people from crossing the western/northern borders into Ukraine, The governments of Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova are focusing on trying to help people who are trying to get out, and the Ukrainian government has other urgent things to focus on right now. So I can readily believe that a couple of Medic Corps people flew into Poland, rented or purchased some sort of vehicle, and are now driving around Ukraine not doing anything particularly useful - while using up gas and other supplies which could be useful.

I think the hope is that desperate folks will come to the fundamentalist pastors for needed supplies, which will in turn give the pastors a chance to convert people?

Which I don't think will work if the supplies never get to Ukraine. 

I agree, they can probably get into Ukraine fairly easily, presuming they can walk or find a vehicle.  They can even take a train to some areas.  Those trains bringing refugees to the border are also bringing supplies back into Ukraine and a lot of Ukrainian men who have been living elsewhere in Europe are returning to fight via those trains.

The US State Department has issued a strong warning to Americans advising against any and all travel to Ukraine and actually providing information to any Americans currently in Ukraine who they are advising to leave ASAP.  The US consulate has set up mini-consulates in tents at a couple of the border crossings into Poland to assist Americans who need help getting out of the area.  'they also remind people that the US government cannot and will not be able to help them within Ukraine's borders should they encounter problems.

think the hope is that desperate folks will come to the fundamentalist pastors for needed supplies, which will in turn give the pastors a chance to convert people?

I think that's the idea.  They figure they can advertise all the wonderful things they can do for the people, bring them to the churches for assistance and then have the preacher start evangelizing them.  I expect there are quite a few people there who need a safe, warm place to stay or a hot meal or some blankets or flashlights or whatever who would be willing to go to the fundy church down the road if they thought they could get them there.  

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

The US State Department has issued a strong warning to Americans advising against any and all travel to Ukraine and actually providing information to any Americans currently in Ukraine who they are advising to leave ASAP.  The US consulate has set up mini-consulates in tents at a couple of the border crossings into Poland to assist Americans who need help getting out of the area.  'they also remind people that the US government cannot and will not be able to help them within Ukraine's borders should they encounter problems.

And the reality is, there's a non-zero chance that if they stay in Ukraine, they are going to encounter problems - even if they try to stay out of war zones. 

Which is one of many reasons why I'm going to guess this will not be a long term effort. 

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I expect there are quite a few people there who need a safe, warm place to stay or a hot meal or some blankets or flashlights or whatever who would be willing to go to the fundy church down the road if they thought they could get them there.  

Absolutely.

But that requires actually getting the supplies into Ukraine, and so far, they don't seem even able to get them to Poland.  Not exactly filling me with a lot of confidence in their mission. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Their supplies being stuck in another country makes me think they're about as logistically inept as the Russian army. 

Not to mention, we don't even know what kind of supplies they've amassed or in what quantity. It's not like they're rolling in donor cash.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, quarks said:

And the reality is, there's a non-zero chance that if they stay in Ukraine, they are going to encounter problems - even if they try to stay out of war zones. 

Which is one of many reasons why I'm going to guess this will not be a long term effort. 

Absolutely.

But that requires actually getting the supplies into Ukraine, and so far, they don't seem even able to get them to Poland.  Not exactly filling me with a lot of confidence in their mission. 

Nothing they’ve done has been a long term effort. They won’t stick it out.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Ha, I bet I’m blocked too. I posted a couple snarky comments. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not to mention, we don't even know what kind of supplies they've amassed or in what quantity. It's not like they're rolling in donor cash.

What they are rolling in most likely is donor Bibles, probably in English.  I would expect that a large portion of the 'supplies' they want to bring into Ukraine are religious tracts of some sort.  It would make a little sense if these were in Ukrainian or even Russian, which many Ukrainians can speak and read, but I'm not sure they've had the time to get that together.  I am sure the locals will be so relieved to have access to an unlimited number of KJV's in English, what more could they possibly need?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

What they are rolling in most likely is donor Bibles, probably in English.  I would expect that a large portion of the 'supplies' they want to bring into Ukraine are religious tracts of some sort.  It would make a little sense if these were in Ukrainian or even Russian, which many Ukrainians can speak and read, but I'm not sure they've had the time to get that together.  I am sure the locals will be so relieved to have access to an unlimited number of KJV's in English, what more could they possibly need?

Maybe they can use them as kindling or toilet paper in a pinch!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

How/why would they know more about emergency trauma care than the medical personnel already in place? I could slightly see if they said they were training volunteers, but I'm sure the medical personnel are trained better than these yahoos.

• Love 21

There’s a lot of good discussion about MediScam’s “deployment” to Ukraine in this Reddit thread.  Just click on it to be taken straight there. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nice coats they have on - gotta look the part. Did Nathan say they just bought a vehicle?!?

That's what he said. It sounded like he said it's being shipped over from Poland. The video shows them driving along like it's any day in America not like a war zone. They claim to be in Ukraine. I can't imagine that they would lie about this.  I am still baffled how someone like Nathan is being asked to train emergency workers on as he put it "trauma." I guess I'll withhold judgement for now but I am still suspicious of MedicCorp and exactly what they can accomplish.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

That's what he said. It sounded like he said it's being shipped over from Poland. The video shows them driving along like it's any day in America not like a war zone. They claim to be in Ukraine. I can't imagine that they would lie about this.  I am still baffled how someone like Nathan is being asked to train emergency workers on as he put it "trauma." I guess I'll withhold judgement for now but I am still suspecious of MedicCorp and exactly what they can accomplish.

Check out the Reddit thread I linked above . There are several posters in Ukraine and surrounding counties weighing in. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

A small piece. It's not THE Ukraine. It's just Ukraine. It's actually offensive to Ukrainians to be referred to as The Ukraine. 🙂

Yikes! I knew that. Why did I write that? 🤣

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

There’s a lot of good discussion about MediScam’s “deployment” to Ukraine in this Reddit thread.  Just click on it to be taken straight there. 

Reading through their post, how do these people with no medical backgrounds* give actual medical personnel trauma training?

*their 'chief medical officer' appears to be a RN. A title like that implies a MD, so this also seems shady as fuck.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Reading through their post, how do these people with no medical backgrounds* give actual medical personnel trauma training?

*their 'chief medical officer' appears to be a RN. A title like that implies a MD, so this also seems shady as fuck.

Exactly!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Incredibly shady. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Another post with video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbMMiMugi4M/

WTF. The country is at war. I hope those who are praying are less selective with their prayers.

"Please be in prayer for the safety of the Ukrainian drivers who will be taking supplies to "hot zones.” Pray for the citizens who, despite being in starving conditions, said the cardiac medications are more important than food." 

I saw on Twitter that refugees coming into Poland are being met by evangelicals telling them that if they just accepted Jesus* their lives would be better.   No other help apparently just an "inspiring" message.   Couldn't help but what if that is the extent of these idiots "help" over there.   IF they are even there.   

*Just FYI the Orthodox Church IS Christian so pretty sure they already got the Jesus message.   But you know its not the RIGHT Jesus.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I saw on Twitter that refugees coming into Poland are being met by evangelicals telling them that if they just accepted Jesus* their lives would be better.   No other help apparently just an "inspiring" message.   Couldn't help but what if that is the extent of these idiots "help" over there.   IF they are even there.   

*Just FYI the Orthodox Church IS Christian so pretty sure they already got the Jesus message.   But you know its not the RIGHT Jesus.

According to posters on Reddit who claim to be from surrounding countries and have actually been to Ukraine's border; there is no way they are in Ukraine.  The border crossings are choked with military convoys and any group claiming to want to enter to provide humanitarian aid is thoroughly vetted and needs government authorization.  Currently. NOBODY gets into the country without a specific reason for being there.  It makes sense from a security point of view, for sure.

One poster who claimed to know someone working in Ukraine said that anyone running around snapping photos of damaged buildings or refugees or anything else pertaining to current events is likely to be shot on sight by Ukrainian troops who are once again concerned about spies and security.  If they cannot take selfies, I think they'd stay in Poland and just pretend.

• Useful 12
  • Love 8

Interesting. I went back and watched the last 2 videos. They did not say that they are in Ukraine. In fact they never say where they are. The first video says they are heading east. The last one was just asking people to pray for "their pastors and the congregation." I don't believe they are in Ukraine.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Interesting. I went back and watched the last 2 videos. They did not say that they are in Ukraine. In fact they never say where they are. The first video says they are heading east. The last one was just asking people to pray for "their pastors and the congregation." I don't believe they are in Ukraine.  

Of course they didn't tell us where they were, they want us to think they're in Ukraine making themselves useful.  By not saying anything, they keep people speculating and the donations rolling in.  If they were actually IN Ukraine, we'd have been told and they probably would've filmed a road sign or something to prove it.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Isn't Ukraine something like 95% Orthodox? They're converting Christians to Christians?

1349859399_Screenshot_20220317-1002192.thumb.png.eb3ef2fcf2ac09baab93fd0facbbf9a3.png

They are the WRONG kind of Christians.  They're eastern rite Catholic which makes them heretics who will burn in hell.  It is up to the RIGHT kind of Christians to convert them to fundie Jesus who is not the guy they learned about at their Orthodox church.

In the past couple decades, it has become increasing popular for evangelical fundamentalists to go to places that are heavily Catholic rather than non-Christian areas in order to preach about their personal saviour.  Maybe it is because there are more white people in these locations or they're closer to the US or maybe they figure that people who are Catholic at least know something about Jesus so they can save some time.

Over 70% of Ukrainians say they are Christians, but only 2% declare themselves to be Protestant while the rest are usually various versions of Orthodox Catholicism.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

it has become increasing popular for evangelical fundamentalists to go to places that are heavily Catholic rather than non-Christian areas in order to preach about their personal saviour. 

less likely to have STRICT laws about conversions.   Converting someone from the State religion in some countries can result in the death penalty.   Most Catholic countries are like "well you can try but good fucking luck."   

But yeah that tweet is the one I saw.    I just didn't want to post it here because the person posting it didn't ask to be in this thread.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Do they delete comments? I can't believe they haven't been questioned about their credentials and experience. Especially considering how many snarkers know this whole thing is a scam.

Yes, they delete comments. Someone was very busy doing just that in their first post about it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Isn't Ukraine something like 95% Orthodox? They're converting Christians to Christians?

1349859399_Screenshot_20220317-1002192.thumb.png.eb3ef2fcf2ac09baab93fd0facbbf9a3.png

Normally I would say that violence is never the answer, but there is only one response to this foolishness--Bill Murray Punch GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, they delete comments. Someone was very busy doing just that in their first post about it.

They're so thin-skinned that they even block people who only like a snarky comment.

Edited by sagittarius sue
spelling
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

WTF. The country is at war. I hope those who are praying are less selective with their prayers.

"Please be in prayer for the safety of the Ukrainian drivers who will be taking supplies to "hot zones.” Pray for the citizens who, despite being in starving conditions, said the cardiac medications are more important than food." 

“Being in starving conditions?” FFS these people can barely speak English. No one needs them wandering around trying to “help.”

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I hope something happens to them for doing this. Not sorry. 

3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

They are the WRONG kind of Christians.  They're eastern rite Catholic which makes them heretics who will burn in hell.  It is up to the RIGHT kind of Christians to convert them to fundie Jesus who is not the guy they learned about at their Orthodox church.

In the past couple decades, it has become increasing popular for evangelical fundamentalists to go to places that are heavily Catholic rather than non-Christian areas in order to preach about their personal saviour.  Maybe it is because there are more white people in these locations or they're closer to the US or maybe they figure that people who are Catholic at least know something about Jesus so they can save some time.

Over 70% of Ukrainians say they are Christians, but only 2% declare themselves to be Protestant while the rest are usually various versions of Orthodox Catholicism.

But HOW could they possibly explain the difference between THEIR Jesus and the fake ones in a couple minutes? And in a different language? 🤣 What is the difference, again? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I remember when a couple of JWs came by my house after 9/11. We lost someone in the towers. Needless to say my greeting to them was not very nice. We must have been put on a list because that was the last time they came a knocking.

Props to Ukrainians for smiling and nodding, only.

• Love 7