Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That could actually be a way for them to be helpful, but I doubt if it would be appealing to them. On any of their previous “missions”, did they ever get their hands dirty with actual work?

And it just so happened they didn’t film it, doubtful.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That could actually be a way for them to be helpful, but I doubt if it would be appealing to them. On any of their previous “missions”, did they ever get their hands dirty with actual work?

Actually yes, but only in the US.  They have helped after some tornadoes in a nearby state because they brought their equipment.  They cleared fallen trees and other debris off of roads.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Actually yes, but only in the US.  They have helped after some tornadoes in a nearby state because they brought their equipment.  They cleared fallen trees and other debris off of roads.  

Okay, I’ll give them credit for that.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

It doesn't actually say they are going to Ukraine. Dispatched to support could mean to the airport to load planes or the docks to load ships.

Yes it could. I don't see them going anywhere they can't tote their guns and badges. Although I suppose they could have piggybacked onto an effort headed by a larger organization and they're just being coy about that part of it.

Anyway, if they leave the USA, under the current CDC order, they will be required to be tested for COVID, with a negative result, no sooner than the day before they fly back. Since I bet all of them have had it, they could test positive and then have to get medical certificates before they can get on a plane headed to the US. As I read the order, it's not limited to commercial airline passengers, but anybody on any plane coming to the USA. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Curious.  They do have Drs as part of their organization, maybe they are going to help refugees. I am sure they can use medical help and some help with building temporary camps.  I hope whatever they end up doing is an actual help and will wish them well (unless/until they show themselves to be a hinderance).  The denomination I use to belong to has an organization that send people all over the world to help in crisis situations, real help not preaching. I know other churches have similar, wonder if Medic Corps is also affiliated with whatever the heck their denomination is?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

It doesn't actually say they are going to Ukraine. Dispatched to support could mean to the airport to load planes or the docks to load ships.

Then why not just say that? There's plenty of people doing similar stuff (fundraising, collecting/packing packages, and so on) and squawking about that/taking pictures on Twitter and getting kudos for it. 

I agree that they are probably not going to Ukraine. But based on the wording and the lack of pictures showing them packing up boxes of supplies and loading them into trucks - I'd say the chances are pretty good that they're heading to one of the neighboring countries to "help" refugees, where they can take fundraising pictures. 

Because if they were really interested in helping, they would stay in their area of "expertise" - natural disasters. Australia's dealing with floods; Iowa's dealing with tornados; Guatemala has an erupting volcano; and so on. But with the arguable exception of Iowa, none of that is making the U.S. news, and they want to follow the main headlines.

Grr. Grr. Grr. 

• Love 11

I'm thinking there's all kinds of protocols to who can load planes and ships, even during a crisis. Is that even a thing?

And as @Rootbeer said, these a healthy folks from a developed country seeking safety and shelter in other developed countries.

Also the US and other countries are being very purposeful as to what they can/will and can't/won't do. No one wants this to turn into WW3. No one is going to want MediPlay around with the chance they will do something dangerously stupid.

• Love 14

Let us not forget that these guys are NOT Medicorp.

Nor are they International Medical Corps - a legit medical nonprofit established in 1984. 

They are MediCCorps. They were established in 2013. They do have doctors involved. They dispense aid along with a big dose of Jesus talk. They claim to have a long term project going in the Philippines, but the link for the details goes nowhere. 

They've set up a nicer facade than I expected, apparently didn't buy used and save the difference when they were setting up their website. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Let us not forget that these guys are NOT Medicorp.

Nor are they International Medical Corps - a legit medical nonprofit established in 1984. 

They are MediCCorps. They were established in 2013. They do have doctors involved. They dispense aid along with a big dose of Jesus talk. They claim to have a long term project going in the Philippines, but the link for the details goes nowhere. 

They've set up a nicer facade than I expected, apparently didn't buy used and save the difference when they were setting up their website. 

The website is nice and they do have a couple of ER docs on the staff.  However, this current crop of refugees are not likely to be needing emergency care, They are not evacuating the injured or sick at this point, and, if that does happen, it appears that Poland has adequate facilities to provide care in their own hospitals.  Once again, this crisis involves healthy people leaving one developed country and going to another developed country which has the infrastructure to provide for their needs.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I know charities are asking for money, but are they asking for volunteers?  Unless they can cook soup, I can't see that they will be much help. No place for SCUBA, and I doubt they will be parachuting anywhere.  I would be very surprised if they were actually going to Ukraine.  Maybe to direct traffic in another country??  I just don't see them being very helpful, and I have no idea who would ask them to come.  Exactly who has "dispatched" them?  Or do they see this as a photo op to get donations?  I just don't see how 5 or 6 guys, if that many, can be useful.  I also don't see them being invested enough to "fight to the death".  I just really hope they stay out of the way and don't make more work for anyone.

Ukraine actually did ask for foreign volunteers. To fight. Something these idiots aren’t capable of, IMO.

And what exactly do they mean by “dispatched?” Did someone request them?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Ukraine actually did ask for foreign volunteers. To fight. Something these idiots aren’t capable of, IMO.

Can you imagine these bozos in a war zone?  I am sure they are not going within spitting distance of the border, let alone actually entering the fray.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It seems like the citizens of Poland, Hungary, Romania and Moldova are going above and beyond to meet the needs of the refugees. I honestly don't see what Medic Corps can do that isn't already being done?

Pose for pictures with the refugees and post them on the 'gram?  Maybe Lawson can give hair care tips?  Or they can teach the refugees how to take better selfies to send to friends and family?

• LOL 18
5 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Pose for pictures with the refugees and post them on the 'gram?  Maybe Lawson can give hair care tips?  Or they can teach the refugees how to take better selfies to send to friends and family?

Or find the nearest Chick-fil-A. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Ukrainian grannies are just fine tossing jars of pickled tomatoes and knocking down Russian drones.  They don't need any of these bozos to give them pointers.  

She also finished the job by going out and stomping the drone into the ground.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And what exactly do they mean by “dispatched?” Did someone request them?

They're likely in a "war room" (aka bedroom) somewhere strategizing. 🤣

image.png.33a586c4d7ae60921baeda4e12295f12.png

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Ukrainian grannies are just fine tossing jars of pickled tomatoes and knocking down Russian drones.  They don't need any of these bozos to give them pointers.  

Or learning to use an AF 47 to defend her country. 

• Love 7

I liked the interview with the guy that owns a brewery.  He is now producing Molotov cocktails instead.  They showed stacks of boxes filled with them.  These folks are tough and very inventive.  As @Rootbeer  said,  WWII is not forgotten.  I wonder what the Medic guys actually know about WWII and what happened to millions of people.  Do the Wisdom Books cover world history?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

I liked the interview with the guy that owns a brewery.  He is now producing Molotov cocktails instead.  They showed stacks of boxes filled with them.  These folks are tough and very inventive.  As @Rootbeer  said,  WWII is not forgotten.  I wonder what the Medic guys actually know about WWII and what happened to millions of people.  Do the Wisdom Books cover world history?

They would know the general gist of WWII--America and her allies fought off the evil Nazis in Europe and battled Japan in the Pacific.  They would have a sanitized understanding about the Holocaust--nothing on Pink Triangles or the eradication of the Roma population, etc.  

What they would have no knowledge of (and most Americans are ignorant of this) is the Holodomor.  

• Love 11
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The caption on the post:

4FDAF22A-B59F-49CB-9F66-E992D396D4C6.jpeg

5 hours ago, quarks said:

I agree that they are probably not going to Ukraine. But based on the wording and the lack of pictures showing them packing up boxes of supplies and loading them into trucks - I'd say the chances are pretty good that they're heading to one of the neighboring countries to "help" refugees, where they can take fundraising pictures.  

Whatever nonsense they're getting up to, the wording sounds more like they're trying to pre-emptively pat themselves on the back for "dispatching" than any other information the caption provides.  It smacks of Team MediCcCcCorps wanting to insert themselves into a relevant crisis than actually wanting to go provide any kind of help.

And I will pass on the continued updates because from what we've seen, "updates" translates to Instagram pics of them posing for each other's cameras with their serious faces, clean clothes and perfect hair, pretending to lift a box or whatever.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They would know the general gist of WWII--America and her allies fought off the evil Nazis in Europe and battled Japan in the Pacific.  They would have a sanitized understanding about the Holocaust--nothing on Pink Triangles or the eradication of the Roma population, etc.  

What they would have no knowledge of (and most Americans are ignorant of this) is the Holodomor.  

I consider myself to be well-read and intelligent (but not a student of history) and I only learned of the Holodomor since this current invasion of Ukraine.  The evil that exists in the world blows my mind.

I hope JD and his crew stay far away from this situation, for everyone's sake, including their own.

• Love 18

I kind of wonder if these chucklefucks are going to hit a wall of not-tolerating-their-bullshit they have never experienced on their other missions that has them promptly being dispatched back home. 

• Love 24

Maybe they'll get into Ukraine (not likely with the covid restrictions, bear with me). It will be Easter, and these morons won't understand why the Ukrainians aren't celebrating. I'm sure being Orthodox falls on the Wrong Jesus side of their ledgers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I went to their IG earlier tonight and liked a bunch of posts that questioned why they were going, or that they’re lying about it, they’re not wanted there, it’s a war zone not a natural disaster, etc.  Tried to get on again a few minutes ago, and apparently I’m blocked as I don’t have access to their page. Somebody commented that they sent a screenshot of their announcement to the State Dept.   Others were giving them crap about being dispatched and by whom.  Bunch of grifting fools.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I went to their IG earlier tonight and liked a bunch of posts that questioned why they were going, or that they’re lying about it, they’re not wanted there, it’s a war zone not a natural disaster, etc.  Tried to get on again a few minutes ago, and apparently I’m blocked as I don’t have access to their page. Somebody commented that they sent a screenshot of their announcement to the State Dept.   Others were giving them crap about being dispatched and by whom.  Bunch of grifting fools.

Was this the Mediccorps page? I want to see the trolling! 😂

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

There's no way they're lasting until Easter. They gotta get home in time for Sinner Twin's wedding!

Also no Chick-fil-Hates in the area, baby boys need their fast food!

They will learn in a hurry that going into an active war zone area where there's a lot of uncertainty is very different than going to help be in the way during the aftermath of a natural disaster. also this is eastern Europe, where no one is going to be impressed by their badges and guns.

• Love 6

Okay, I went to the Mediccorps IG page. It looks like someone went through and took out snarker comments, but they haven't been back to check the page for a bit since some snark got through. 

I'm sure the comments will be deleted by morning. I wonder who runs that page anyway?

• Love 5

There are still some “snarky” comments there.

Some may recall this picture. He posted “well I hate to break it to ya buddy but they are already there”, under a comment saying they are never getting near Ukraine.

1830407F-8EB9-45E7-840D-044F371CA402.jpeg

(edited)

You have to scroll past the first few "praying for you!" posts to get to the good stuff.

The fact that they play dress-up and pretend during a crisis to make themselves look good for social media enrages me on behalf of all of the people that are going to actually help...you know, the people we never see or hear from because they are far too busy to stop for selfies, Google the nearest Chik-Fil-A or get their friend to put on his "concerned face" and hover over an injured person for the sake of a photo op.

JD, Lawson, etc. - just stay home and research ways to help from where you are - that is, if you have time to do that, what with your very busy jobs vacations and all.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are still some “snarky” comments there.

Some may recall this picture. He posted “well I hate to break it to ya buddy but they are already there”, under a comment saying they are never getting near Ukraine.

1830407F-8EB9-45E7-840D-044F371CA402.jpeg

An immature, snippy response but no simple statement explaining what they’re doing to “help.” What professionals!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The “snarky” comments have been deleted, along with the one I posted about them already being there.

There's a new comment about not being able to airlift in Chick fil A. 😂

I wonder how long it will survive? 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the "officers" of MediPlay, Nathan Bates, lists commercial pilot on his IG. Does that mean he would qualify to fly for an airline?

(not for this latest "mission", just a random question)

Edited by GeeGolly

he certainly couldn't fly a jet or anything. but small planes transporting people or goods, i think as long as the plane he would fly fits in with the commercial pilot rating he has then yes. there are many different ratings for licenses covering various levels of instrument training etc.

• Useful 1