Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Sibling does not mean automatic best friends.

Unless you are a Bates or Duggar. And you never interact with anyone else. Of course, it must be a sibling of the same “gender” as you. That’s why Carson needs a brother! He’ll go through life friendless otherwise. 

• Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, Turquoise said:

Yeah, but some opinionated woman had to remark on there that she hoped Gracie got a sibling soon because it's no fun growing up without one...the kid's not even two!
Granted, I'm touchy about the topic. I had three miscarriages in addition to my son before being told I was infertile, sucks to be you. Didn't stop a bunch of women from telling me I wasn't a "real mom" and was ruining my son's life by not producing siblings for him. And I wasn't even fundy.
Also, I have two siblings. The one I was closest to died several years ago. There is no animosity between me and the one who is left, but we're just night and day. Sibling does not mean automatic best friends.

sorry that happened to you. Those people suck. Next time tell them you can't and try to make them feel as bad as you can.

Also this is yet another instance of the leghumpers turning on the Duggar-Bates crowd when they don't reproduce fast enough.🙄

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, Temperance said:

Those people suck. Next time tell them you can't and try to make them feel as bad as you can.

Or give a sad sigh and say "You never know who you're going to hurt with that question/comment."

Then walk away, you don't owe them a second of your time.

• Love 18
On 8/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, Temperance said:

sorry that happened to you. Those people suck. Next time tell them you can't and try to make them feel as bad as you can.

Thanks. My son is now in his late 20s, so it has tapered off tremendously. I remarried a couple years ago, and I actually had someone ask if we were going to try for kids (?!?).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 5:01 PM, Turquoise said:

Yeah, but some opinionated woman had to remark on there that she hoped Gracie got a sibling soon because it's no fun growing up without one...the kid's not even two!
Granted, I'm touchy about the topic. I had three miscarriages in addition to my son before being told I was infertile, sucks to be you. Didn't stop a bunch of women from telling me I wasn't a "real mom" and was ruining my son's life by not producing siblings for him. And I wasn't even fundy.
Also, I have two siblings. The one I was closest to died several years ago. There is no animosity between me and the one who is left, but we're just night and day. Sibling does not mean automatic best friends.

I had a hysterectomy when my one and only child was 4. I don't know if I would have had more children or not, as I'm an only, but I no longer had the choice. I since remarried and he knew from the get go there would be no other children. He was fine with that. Thank God no one brought up the subject or said such horrible things to me. 

I can't imagine being in this cult when breeding is a woman's sole purpose in life and if you can't. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

image.png.db11137019817a9c4006bb6cd87e4a5a.png

The above is a screenshot of a comment on a picture of Joy and Abbie on Joy's Instagram.  Who knows who the poster is.  Any other slips that this may be true? 

This is the picture that post is based on, followed by another post by the same person:

33315A1A-AB4B-4D3E-89AC-9799EA974B05.jpeg

644E03A5-E560-4B09-9D15-C7CFDFF226E8.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is the picture that post is based on, followed by another post by the same person:

33315A1A-AB4B-4D3E-89AC-9799EA974B05.jpeg

644E03A5-E560-4B09-9D15-C7CFDFF226E8.jpeg

There's a better picture of her from the side at the Arkansas football game from a couple of weeks ago where her tummy looks flat in a dress with a defined waistline.  It's upthread a bit.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

There's a better picture of her from the side at the Arkansas football game from a couple of weeks ago where her tummy looks flat in a dress with a defined waistline.  It's upthread a bit.

people really do like to guess about this. This picture really doesn't give much information, and the print on the top plus the way she's standing next to Joy and the other girl to me looks like you can't tell one way or the other. The picture from the football game makes her look not pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I find this kind of gross. Yes, Gracie is old enough that Abbie could easily be pregnant. (Grace will be 2 in January.)

However most of the speculation seems to be based on Abbie's body, which isn't necessarily evidence. Especially a woman like Abbie, who had severe morning sickness, is less likely to show early in the first trimester and may even lose weight early on in the pregnancy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if that's Lauren in front of Abbie. Lauren was spotted at the rehearsal dinner.

I also wonder if JB & M went.

If it is Lauren, it doesn't look like Josiah was anywhere in that screenshot. Then again, it was just a screenshot.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:35 PM, ginger90 said:

The second picture is a screenshot from a video. 

103C0578-4B62-4153-A568-6328B56C8229.jpeg

113586C8-369C-4574-8B88-2ED083DB5E7B.jpeg

That is quite a form fitting dress. And, good job on dressing appropriately for the occasion. (It’s a low bar with the Duggars. 😀)

• Love 13
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Abbie sure has a great shape. She looks great, really. John looks like a happy man. He never looked happy when he was a single man. 

They're one of the few Duggar couples where the smiles reach the eyes. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They're one of the few Duggar couples where the smiles reach the eyes. 

Probably because they didn't rush to get married with the first person they found attractive. They are also older. 

• Love 19
On 10/29/2021 at 5:46 AM, GeeGolly said:

John and Abbie must be in TN. They're out to dinner with Carlin, Evan, Zach and Whitney.

John and Abbie seem so quiet compared to the very loud Carlin and Evan. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8