Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Except for the tall, pretty lady on the far left, all those women look like they could be pregnant. Those dresses are probably ill-fitting or made with unforgiving fabric. The dress on the far right is the worst and the wearer looks like a hot tub time machine J’chelle.

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

New picture from the same vow renewal:

apb.jpg

Who is the woman between Esther and Abbie? BTW, Abbie doesn’t look pregnant to me. Where’s Anna?

Well thank goodness Abbie and Katey are clutching between their legs. We wouldn’t know they’re “expecting” otherwise. Or maybe they just have to pee. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Where is Abbie's wedding set? It's not like her fingers are all swollen.

The picture may be reversed and that’s her right hand.

4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

They didn't already annouce it?  I can't keep any of these people straight!

Nope. No announcement. Kendra and Lauren are also rumored to be pregnant with no announcements.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Nope. No announcement. Kendra and Lauren are also rumored to be pregnant with no announcements.

Public pregnancy announcements made sense when there was a Duggar TV show to promote and some $$ to make from exclusive magazine deals. Those announcements still make sense if the parents are into being social media influencer$. But now that there's no more TV show, I don't think JB has leverage to pressure any of his kids to put their pregnancy/childbirth stories out in public, if they don't want to.

Some of them do want the public buzz.

But JD always looked like he'd rather have a root canal than sit in front of a TV camera; if Abbie isn't into the social media I'm sure that's a-OK with JD. Lauren went silent on social media months ago.

I'm not sure about Kendra. Has she been active on public social media? She already has two? three? ten? tiny kids to care for each day. She seems really into being a mom and homemaker, and I doubt she has much time to put her days on Insta even if she wanted to. She didn't strike me as hungry for fame. Just IMO. 

• Love 20

Agreed. None of these couples could care two figs about social media. JD even lets Nathan Bates be the "face" of Mediccorps, although I had the impression that it was his baby. 

I never said we should EXPECT announcements. I merely noted that there hadn't been any. The public doesn't deserve anything. It'll just screw up Boobchelle's public grandkid count, and for them it's all about the numbers! 

• Love 7

My guess is that many of them understandably decided to limit their social media and/or take a social media break after Josh's arrest, and may or may not return after he's sentenced.

• Love 7

None of these couples had much of a SM presence even before Smuggar's arrest/trial. And as we know, Josiah/Lauren wiped their page clean. Do they even have their account anymore? I haven't checked in several months. 

• Love 6

Josiah/Lauren may not be active on their own social media, but they also do not really show up in anyone else's social media. JD and Abbie (Abbie in particular) may not be active on their social media, but they were found on others' social media posts.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Josiah/Lauren may not be active on their own social media, but they also do not really show up in anyone else's social media. JD and Abbie (Abbie in particular) may not be active on their social media, but they were found on others' social media posts.

A lot of what's been posted has come from private IG accounts posted by moles on Reddit. I wonder how many of Abbie's recent pictures were publicly posted? 

• Love 2

Lauren was super active in the beginning and slowed down long before Josh's arrest. I think she wiped everything clean in between the arrest and the court case. Both Abbie and Kendra were more 'birth/event/holiday' posters, but they both either stopped or slowed down after the arrest. The Caldwells also slowed down to almost nothing after FF's conviction.

Lauren and Abbie have shown up on SM in family activities, but surprisingly, not Kendra.

I don't blame them for not posting - between asshole commenters and tabloids picking up their posts, Josh was inevitably brought up. These poor kids - the nieces and nephews of Josh are going to Google their names someday and find out they'll forever be associated with him and his crimes.

• Love 18
(edited)
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I never said we should EXPECT announcements. I merely noted that there hadn't been any. The public doesn't deserve anything. It'll just screw up Boobchelle's public grandkid count, and for them it's all about the numbers! 

Oh, I know you didn't say that. I'm sorry that I didn't make that clear. I was just thinking about the subject of the Duggars in their life after TLC and Josh's felony conviction, and posted my stream of [so-called] consciousness.

I'm sorry for all the Felon's siblings, kids, in-laws, nieces, nephews, etc., who are now lastingly branded by that association. For at least the near future, any news story about a Duggar or adjacent, no matter how benign (birth announcement, for instance), will inevitably mention the Felon. It sucks for the innocent parties, but that's the hard cruel world of the tabloids and clickbait sites: who gets the most page views wins. Anything sensational to grab attention is going to be used. (I've just read Tina Brown's new book about the British Royal Family, and was reminded that back in the 20th Century, what mattered to the tabloids was how many copies were sold. I suppose those numbers still matter, but now it's IMO probably more about the clicks they get online.)

In this environment, I'm sure JD and Abbie are fine with forgoing social media, as are Lauren and whichever J-boy she married, and probably Kendra and her J-boy (Joe?). I can't be bothered to keep the howlers straight; they're fungible fundies. 

While I'm sorry for the taint by association for the Duggars generally, that sympathy doesn't extend to JB. I'm sure that he's still braying with pride about the number of his grandkids. Somewhere. But, heh, not on TLC. My better angels tell me he's a father who's gone through a horrible experience with his much-favored oldest child, but I just can't summon up the sympathy for him, once again disappointing my better angels.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 24

JD does still own that ranch style house he got years ago. I can't remember the story, he got it free or cheap because he did work for a bank or something.

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Abbie is so attractive (I love her style), and Gracie is a little doll and wears the cutest clothes.  JD definitely married up IMO, and they’ve always seemed to be extremely happy.  I think JD is head-over-heels in love with Abbie, and I think he will let her decide how many children they have, at least I hope so.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Dave Bob Duggar?

Poor Dave Bob! 

John-David seems to be aware of how dorky his own name is. I can't see him going for John-David Jr. or anything else with two first names, redneck-style. Maybe it'll be a classic, John Jr. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Poor Dave Bob! 

John-David seems to be aware of how dorky his own name is. I can't see him going for John-David Jr. or anything else with two first names, redneck-style. Maybe it'll be a classic, John Jr. 

He does seem to go by just John these days. I wonder what Abbie calls him? 😀

• Love 1
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Abbie is so attractive (I love her style), and Gracie is a little doll and wears the cutest clothes.  JD definitely married up IMO, and they’ve always seemed to be extremely happy.  I think JD is head-over-heels in love with Abbie, and I think he will let her decide how many children they have, at least I hope so.

The pictures of them slow dancing at the friends vow renewal show just how in love they are. Joy and Austin seemed very happy in them too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Gracie is so stinking cute.

Congrats to John and Abbie. I know she had that bad morning sickness with her first pregnancy. Hopefully she's feeling better this time around. 

There was a rumor that she was in a wheelchair at the Rhea Lana sale a few months ago.

I'm always sorry to hear of another Duggar baby; it makes me feel churlish to say so, but I am.

There are more than enough Duggars on the Earth as it is, and none of these people really appears to "have a heart for children." They're not having another baby because they want to love and nurture another unique individual, they're breeding another Jesus-bot because their cult-leaders have told them that that's what they have to do.

Babies and toddlers are cute, but they're going to grow up, and they're going to become not-cute adults with receding hairlines, and deeply bigoted beliefs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I am not surprised, I doubt any of the couples would stay at 1 child.

More kids is nice, but they do not need to pop out babies until their fertility ends

I would love to see any of them stop at one bio child. There are millions of unwanted ones they could adopt. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I would love to see any of them stop at one bio child. There are millions of unwanted ones they could adopt. 

It would be nice but remember that Got Hard said that an adopted child has the sins of the father and that is a bad thing. 

(edited)

I was thinking Abbie and JD would stop at one child since Abbie had such a rough first pregnancy with the hyperemesis gravidarum.  He seems crazy in love with her, so I figured he wouldn't want her to go through that again.  So I'm surprised by the second pregnancy.  Then again, although he no doubt wanted a second child, he may very well have told her it was up to her and maybe Abbie wanted a second one as much as he did. 

So now my opinion is they'll stop at two since they will now have a boy and a girl. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

I'm guessing Abbie has always planned on having children, no doubt more than two. While being sick while pregnant might change things a bit, she was raised Fundy and martyrdom is real.

• Love 5

I think even three pregnancies with HG isn't out of line.  I did it and have never regretted it.  I didn't have any more than that in me though.  It isn't a given that Abbie will have HG with every pregnancy or that it will be equally severe.  Sometimes second and on are a bit easier because the doctors and the person know what helps and what doesn't.  I do think it's a likely deterrent to having more than three or four children.  

• Love 7