Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I was reading CNN online and saw this picture. It looks like JD to me. Have we underestimated medicorps? It looks like they're actually helping. With all of the evacuations needed on Pine Island and Sanibel, wouldn't there have to be coordination with officials?

ETA to add caption. Members of mediccorps.org help evacuate Tom Acerbo on Pine Island, Florida, on Saturday.221001234736-02-hurricane-ian-south-carolina-florida-repairs-sunday.jpg

Edited by realityfan26
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

What a bad idea to bring a newborn to a superspreader event…

its COVID, flu, cold season.

I wouldn’t bring a newborn to a wedding. I understand being away from the infant for long isn’t possible if the mother is breastfeeding, but I would’ve made other arrangements (as in a sitter for a portion of the evening and heading back early, or arriving late to pay my respects to the bride and groom). 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Common sense and education do not necessarily go hand in hand.

so true. my DIL is a dr and has a 2 mo old daughter. In 2 months the baby girl has been to a major league baseball game at 3 wks old, a wedding where the music was very loud at 5 wks old, has flown on a plane and has been to at least 30 of her siblings sporting, school and social events. Today she was taken along to her brother's birthday party at one of those indoor trampoline places. 😬

I just sit here thinking WTH pretty much all the time.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 14
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

I was reading CNN online and saw this picture. It looks like JD to me. Have we underestimated medicorps? It looks like they're actually helping. With all of the evacuations needed on Pine Island and Sanibel, wouldn't there have to be coordination with officials?

ETA to add caption. Members of mediccorps.org help evacuate Tom Acerbo on Pine Island, Florida, on Saturday.221001234736-02-hurricane-ian-south-carolina-florida-repairs-sunday.jpg

My local newspaper has an article mentioning Medic Corps.  It states that they went door to door on the island asking if anyone wanted to be evacuated.  Good for them.  The area needs all the help it can get. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, crazy8s said:

so true. my DIL is a dr and has a 2 mo old daughter. In 2 months the baby girl has been to a major league baseball game at 3 wks old, a wedding where the music was very loud at 5 wks old, has flown on a plane and has been to at least 30 of her siblings sporting, school and social events. Today she was taken along to her brother's birthday party at one of those indoor trampoline places. 😬

I just sit here thinking WTH pretty much all the time.

I can relate with something similar.  It’s difficult to watch.  

• Sad 3
On 10/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, Ljohnson1987 said:

Abbie is a nurse. Shouldn't she know better than to bring a newborn to a wedding? 

Because nursing is one of very few professions that evangelicals approve of for women, there is a disproportionate amount of evangelical Christians in the profession, which results in a whole lot of technically highly educated people saying and doing incredibly ignorant shit. That Abbie married a Duggar always meant that her nursing degree meant nothing.

• Sad 11
On 10/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, Cinnabon said:

JD also cared more about Josh cheating on Anna than he did about Josh sexually abusing his sisters . . .

Was it that he cared more or that they'd had years to process the abuse and, at the time he made his views known, the Ashley Madison stuff was news to him? John was only about 13 when the abuse came to light and clearly his parents crafted the narrative around that, downplayed the seriousness of Josh's actions, focused on forgiveness and redemption. Then John finds out it was all lies. Big brother is just a bad human. I think he was horribly disappointed in a few people he'd looked up to. 

• Like 8
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Was it that he cared more or that they'd had years to process the abuse and, at the time he made his views known, the Ashley Madison stuff was news to him? John was only about 13 when the abuse came to light and clearly his parents crafted the narrative around that, downplayed the seriousness of Josh's actions, focused on forgiveness and redemption. Then John finds out it was all lies. Big brother is just a bad human. I think he was horribly disappointed in a few people he'd looked up to. 

But wasn't the party line that the FF was "forgiven" for the molestations? That he'd repented and all that bullshit? I wonder how much the boys actually knew other than that the FF had done something bad and was sent away for a while?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But wasn't the party line that the FF was "forgiven" for the molestations? That he'd repented and all that bullshit? I wonder how much the boys actually knew other than that the FF had done something bad and was sent away for a while?

That's really what I'm saying. Josh cheating on Anna would have seemed worse to John because of the time elapsed since the molestations and the way in which his parents had framed those events. Had he learned of both those behaviours within the few weeks that we did we don't know how he would have evaluated them. 

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But between the scandals, did JD stand up for the FF? I get he was pissed after Ashley Madison, but what about before that? Did he toe the family line then?

Remember that Josh was only 14 or so when he molested his sisters. which means JD was just 12.  He wouldn't have had much choice but to toe the line at that point.  It is also probable that his parents told him a sanitized version of the story ('they were asleep', 'he only touched them through their clothes').  I'm not sure the average 12 year old would have a good grasp on the situation independent of their parents and JD was probably not as well informed as the average 12 year old.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But between the scandals, did JD stand up for the FF? I get he was pissed after Ashley Madison, but what about before that? Did he toe the family line then?

To be fair, all of the Duggar kids (except Josh) toed the family line before the AM reveal.  JB designed it that way.  JD wants to be a pilot and there's enough money for that plus daddy is buying the family planes.  JB's wedding gift of choice is a house further keeping his kids in his orbit and buying the loyalty of his new sons and daughters in law.  Not counting Amy, the only person to face the wrath of JB is Derick.  Even then, Michelle and Jill still have a relationship.  

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Remember that Josh was only 14 or so when he molested his sisters. which means JD was just 12.  He wouldn't have had much choice but to toe the line at that point.  It is also probable that his parents told him a sanitized version of the story ('they were asleep', 'he only touched them through their clothes').  I'm not sure the average 12 year old would have a good grasp on the situation independent of their parents and JD was probably not as well informed as the average 12 year old.

Oh, I doubt the boys were told anything approaching the truth at the time of the molestations. They just knew that FF had done something bad and went away for a couple of months. Only Boobchelle and the four girls knew the truth, although at 5, Joy probably understood very little. I do wonder how much Jana knew?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, he did. In a group interview with his adult siblings, he said that all the negative media attention over the molestation was just Satan at work.

• Sad 10
15 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yes, he did. In a group interview with his adult siblings, he said that all the negative media attention over the molestation was just Satan at work.

JD, despite what your idiot parents told you, Satan isn't that interested in you or your family.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8FC82BDB-449F-420F-814C-E8E16CAF73F6.jpeg

I know there are many people who enjoy camping, and the weather in AR right now is probably perfect for it. Whenever I see JD and Abbie they always look genuinely happy together (same with Kendra/Joe). Their smiles reach their eyes.

• Like 6
  • Love 8

I never realized how warm AR & TN are in the fall. Fall camping is not a thing in New England, well at least not for the folks I know, as its much cooler here. 

It seems as if The Duggars and Bates are in full camping mode.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I never realized how warm AR & TN are in the fall. Fall camping is not a thing in New England, well at least not for the folks I know, as its much cooler here. 

It seems as if The Duggars and Bates are in full camping mode.

Yes everyone I know that likes to camp in the midwest does it May-September, but I think its in the 60F-70F range in AR right now which is nice for outdoor activities (says the person who is never outside if its below 55F unless there is a dog to walk or an outdoor Christmas display to look at).

• LOL 6
On 10/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, oliviabenson said:

What a bad idea to bring a newborn to a superspreader event…

its COVID, flu, cold season.

Remember that nothing bad ever happens to the fundies because of the fact that they worship the one and only correct Jesus.

• Sad 3
  • LOL 5

Right now the weather here is currently having highs of 60s, so it is very nice, but October is pretty notoriously mercurial. Last week, we went from 80 degrees to 22 degrees to back to 80 degrees in a couple of days. That's very normal, and I always hate it because it causes my allergies to go absolutely insane. 

In any event, the weather isn't predictable enough--at least to me--for there to be a set time when you go camping. You do it, as @Absolom said, when you won't die without AC, but when that is going to be can be very up in the air. It stayed super hot here well into October last year. This year has been more "normal."

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have always said they look very happy. I really think waiting and living life first before rushing out and getting married barely out of your teens worked for them. 

Or in your teens! Like Joy or Ben or Kendra.

26 & 28 is a typical age to get married in mainstream culture, and I can understand it might be harder for a lot of people to wait since in fundyland you’re not supposed to date or have sex in the interim, but I think they are well suited. 

• Like 17

How old is Gracie? Abbie has a story up without showing her face. I wonder if that will last, and if it does good for the kids. Gracie knows her shapes, has the cutest little voice, and her speech is clearer than Henry’s. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

How old is Gracie? Abbie has a story up without showing her face. I wonder if that will last, and if it does good for the kids. Gracie knows her shapes, has the cutest little voice, and her speech is clearer than Henry’s. 

I think the angle of the reel was for the shill. They just posted this picture a few weeks ago. Gracie is a smart little cutie.

image.png.aa72b0fa8ff5dec15f03d4f1a0189475.png

• Like 7
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Gracie just turned 3 last month. She was born five days before her father turned 30.

Oh wow, Gracie and Layla Stewart are about the same age. What a difference. Both cuties though.

• Like 5