Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I don't see John David having six.  Abbie has hyperemesis gravidarum and I can't see him wanting to put her through that another four times.  I was actually surprised they had a second child.  I think now that they have a girl and a boy, their family is complete.  

Quoting @Gemma Violet from the Michelle/JB thread.

I wasnt surprised JD and Abbie had a second child, most people that want children want at least 2, and Abbie/JD (while older by fundy standards) are still fairly young. Had they married in their mid 30s sure I could see them only having the 1.

If they have another it will be because Abby wants it, I can see JD being a good husband, actually thinking of his wife's well being. I dont see JD as being wrapped up in ego in having a bunch of kids. Although I think Joe/Kendra will hit double digits I think the same thing of Joe, that he genuinely loves his wife and SHE wants to have the babies, not that he is pressuring her or interested in the ego of procreating like JB was. Now to be fair to JB, I do try to be fair, if Michelle said she wasnt having any more kids at any point, that would've been the end of the discussion. JB gets ego from having so many kids but not as much ego as Michelle got.

• Like 13
(edited)

Abbie/JD have an IG story endorsing something called SpacePlanner.

In case anyone missed it in the other thread, Abbie is apparently working in the hospital where Joy gave birth.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

The video has been edited to obscure her face.

So it’s ok for them to film others in medical offices and hospitals and post them without the consent of all of the strangers in those videos, but they protect Abby?

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, AstridM said:

So it’s ok for them to film others in medical offices and hospitals and post them without the consent of all of the strangers in those videos, but they protect Abby?

Can't show a Duggar working a paying job not created by JB. 🙄

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

JD has plenty of time to stay home with the kids.

I'm sure he does, but Abbie mentioned wanting to be a stay at home mom. I also think its common for followers to peg any curly haired female as Abbie.

And do LPNs work in Labor and Delivery? I know they work on well mom/well baby units, but I'm unsure about L&D.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Was it confirmed that it was definitely Abbie in the video? I skimmed the comments, and no one mentioned seeing her.

I saw the video before it was blurred out and it looked like Abbie to me.  From the places I've read, others are saying the same thing, some saying it's most definitely Abby, especially since Joy made reference to her "sister-in-law" working at the hospital. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Working L&D would fit with the Duggar "women's work."  It isn't too far off doula or midwife.

But when did she get trained for it? She was licensed as an LPN. AFAIK, that has nothing to do with L&D.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But when did she get trained for it? She was licensed as an LPN. AFAIK, that has nothing to do with L&D.

I had both an LPN and an RN assigned to me when I was in L&D decades ago and my daughter had an LPN sent in to help her shower and clean up after the last delivery.  Sometimes it isn't always easy to tell.  She said there were two nurses to assist the OB with the delivery and I'm guessing they weren't both RNs.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I had both an LPN and an RN assigned to me when I was in L&D decades ago and my daughter had an LPN sent in to help her shower and clean up after the last delivery.  Sometimes it isn't always easy to tell.  She said there were two nurses to assist the OB with the delivery and I'm guessing they weren't both RNs.  

What was the person who is supposedly Abbie doing in the delivery room? I guess that could shed some light on our questions. 

So interesting because when they first got together he said he didn't even want her to get a manicure and he learned how to do it.  So no one else could touch her?  Even a woman?  Or they needed to be together 24/7?  Maybe with time he has mellowed?

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

So interesting because when they first got together he said he didn't even want her to get a manicure and he learned how to do it.  So no one else could touch her?  Even a woman?  Or they needed to be together 24/7?  Maybe with time he has mellowed?

Or they need the money. John is old enough to remember what poverty was like. I can't see him wanting that for his family, whom he clearly loves. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I remember that- it was so creepy. Now I know couples do things for each other to save money/bonding (and yes it’s easier to do a manicure on someone else than yourself). But not wanting someone else to give her a manicure just creeps me out. 

For the record I think JD/Abby are well suited and have genuine feelings for each other, but neon lights flashed around that statement. Love and possession are two different things. 

• Like 20
51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I remember that- it was so creepy. Now I know couples do things for each other to save money/bonding (and yes it’s easier to do a manicure on someone else than yourself). But not wanting someone else to give her a manicure just creeps me out. 

For the record I think JD/Abby are well suited and have genuine feelings for each other, but neon lights flashed around that statement. Love and possession are two different things. 

Do you think John still feels he owns Abbie? I don't get that vibe from him. I think he's grown in his marriage, unlike most of the other Duggar males. 

Good for Abbie for working an actual job, with her actual qualifications, to help care for her family. I don't really even remember her kids' names, but they have a chance now. 

• Like 16
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Do you think John still feels he owns Abbie? I don't get that vibe from him. I think he's grown in his marriage, unlike most of the other Duggar males. 

Good for Abbie for working an actual job, with her actual qualifications, to help care for her family. I don't really even remember her kids' names, but they have a chance now. 

Not necessarily- that one instance was just creepy AF and screamed “possession” to me. All by itself doesn’t mean JD thinks he owns Abby or is a bad husband or anything like that- but given the environment he grew up in and the way relationships were modeled for him, what the vast majority of us may see as possessive he would see as loving and affectionate. 

I do think JD, Joe and Josiah are caring husbands and thoughtful to their wives and what the women need/want to be fulfilled as people. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I always got the impression that he adores her and she him. Maybe being older when they got together helped. 

I'm glad she is working, even if it is part time. 

49 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not necessarily- that one instance was just creepy AF and screamed “possession to me”. All by itself doesn’t mean JD thinks he owns Abby or is a bad husband or anything like that- but given the environment he grew up in and the way relationships were modeled for him, what the vast majority of us may see as possessive he would see as loving and affectionate. 

I do think JD, Joe and Josiah are caring husbands and thoughtful to their wives and what the women need/want to be fulfilled as people. 

Yea, it is on the creep side but this is the way he was raised. m

I do feel that Joe adores Kendra. They are well suited even if they are having too many kids. I really haven't seen enough of Josiah but Lauren does look content. AT least these three aren't treating their wives like the way Smuggar treats Anna, like nothing...... 

• Like 17

I think Joe adores Kendra, but I don't get a thoughtful husband vibe from him. Maybe he buys her flowers at appropriate times, but I think he's too clueless to know when Kendra needs extra help or needs some emotional comfort.

I think JD actually thinks of ways to make Abbie happy.

I think Josiah falls somewhere in the middle.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

always got the impression that he adores her and she him. Maybe being older when they got together helped. 

I remember when they first filmed JD with Abbie, and they were really hugging, not this side-hug nonsense.  I thought they probably kissed before the wedding too.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I remember when they first filmed JD with Abbie, and they were really hugging, not this side-hug nonsense.  I thought they probably kissed before the wedding too.

Probably. But they won't admit it until JB's house of cards totally collapses. 

• Like 8

I did get the impression that JD was trying to save money, but didn't want Abbie to have to give up her manicures, so he learned how to do them and he did a good job at it. That was a kind of loving gesture we would never have seen from Sex Pest!

• Like 19

This is what he said, "I learned by going with her one time to a nail salon. I just watched the person do her nails, and I thought, 'You know what, that ain't that hard, and they're making a lot of money doing it.' I'd rather be the one spending time with my wife, versus paying somebody else to spend time with her,".

• Like 12
  • Useful 6
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is what he said, "I learned by going with her one time to a nail salon. I just watched the person do her nails, and I thought, 'You know what, that ain't that hard, and they're making a lot of money doing it.' I'd rather be the one spending time with my wife, versus paying somebody else to spend time with her,".

I vaguely remember when this was originally posted, and have to say that it doesn't read nearly as possessive as some people have interpreted it in retrospect. It does seem like a very caring, and, actually, quite practical gesture. 

• Like 19
24 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I vaguely remember when this was originally posted, and have to say that it doesn't read nearly as possessive as some people have interpreted it in retrospect. It does seem like a very caring, and, actually, quite practical gesture. 

Yes, it seems sweet and sensible to try to save on manicures by doing them at home especially since Abby was hoping to be a SAHM.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Abbie is shilling a planner on IG. Who the heck uses those nowadays? 

i do, sort of. i carry a small spiral calendar in my purse and live my life scheduled around it.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I hate to defend Abby, but I use one and have for years. And I just came back from a meeting earlier tonight where I had to ask who else's planner was on the table as we were taking down the tables and chairs. My library director lives by her seriously intense planner. 

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Zella
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

I hate to defend Abby, but I use one and have for years. And I just came back from a meeting earlier tonight where I had to ask who else's planner was on the table as we were taking down the tables and chairs. My library director lives by her seriously intense planner. 

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

As usual you guys are not only a source of much needed laughs but also useful information. Thank you. 

On topic, glad JD&A are mostly keeping to themselves. There’s zero chance of there being another show so they are no longer indentured servants to filming. Working for JB may be a different story. 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, SMama said:

Abbie is shilling a planner on IG. Who the heck uses those nowadays? 

I do. I have ADHD, and for me, that means "out of sight, out of mind." I have to write it down to remember it. If I used an electronic planner, well, I wouldn't actually use it. It would be a paperweight. 

Topic: Since Abbie has an actual paid job, I don't mind her Instashilling so much. Don't get me wrong -- it's still annoying, but not at the same level as Carlin Stewart-style Instawhoring. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 1

There are some people who still love paper planners. I know several religious people (not fundies) who use them in connection with their Bible study/devotional time. That doesn’t seem like an atypical product for Abbie to promote. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

There's a whole "planner fandom". People go all out with the expensive Erin Condren planners, you can spend a fortune on stickers and dashboards and clips. I was pretty into it years back and even went to a meetup at a Michael's craft store where we all showed off our planners, swapped stickers and washi tape, etc.

Nowadays I keep things simple with just a big calendar-style planner on my desk.

But I mean, she's a Dugger, so she's gonna shill. At least if she's back to work, she'll actually have stuff to put on her planner.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 6
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I buy one at dollar tree and use it. I like writing things down lol.

I keep everything in my phone, and it’s shared with my iPad and MacBook. I’ll just have to cross my fingers my phone doesn’t crash. Although SGirl, SBaba, and I share a family calendar. That way we can see what everyone should be doing. 

• Like 5