Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not unless she gets licensure in AR. She's only licensed in OK,  AFAIK. 

Not true. It's a compact state.


see

 

My license is good in 19 states, but I only practice in one.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

In a family this large, date clusters like this are inevitable.  Even in my extremely small family, we had 3 birthdays within a 9 day period.  (Although in all fairness, all 3 were in September and it gets pretty cold in Chicago in January!) 

Also, JD probably doesn't want to wait too long at this point. 

4 birthdays in 8 days . Ok , two of them are twins . And 5 birthdays if you extend that time frame two 16 days .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Growing up, there were 4 of us in my family. Between my mom, dad, brother and myself, three of us had birthdays in April.  Throw in Easter (when it fell in April), and it was always a busy month for us.  Date clusters happen even in small families.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I agree date clusters happen in all families--April and December are crazy in my family--but I find them throwing the wedding dates, which they can control, in there on top of all the birthdays interesting. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

With the way this family is multiplying, it's always going to be somebody's anniversary, birthday or due date. Engaged couples will never be able to totally avoid overlap, especially considering they have to factor in church availability as well. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I agree date clusters happen in all families--April and December are crazy in my family--but I find them throwing the wedding dates, which they can control, in there on top of all the birthdays interesting. 

The probability of two people sharing the same birthday in a group is 50% or better if you look at a group of 23 people; with a family the size of the Duggars, it's almost inevitable that there would be birthday clusters.

Here's the mathematical explanation of the probabilities:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.birthdayprob.html

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wedding dates:

 

Josh, September 26th, 2008

Jill, June 21st 2014, 2014

Jessa, November 1st, 2014

Jinger, November 5th, 2016

Joy, May 26th, 2017

Joe, September 8th, 2017

Josiah, June 30th, 2018

 

I think they’re correct! I almost forgot Josiah oooops!

EW!  Smuggar and OfSmuggar got married on my birthday. UGH!  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The probability of two people sharing the same birthday in a group is 50% or better if you look at a group of 23 people; with a family the size of the Duggars, it's almost inevitable that there would be birthday clusters.

Here's the mathematical explanation of the probabilities:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.birthdayprob.html

I have a friend with just two children, not twins, same birthday.  One of them married someone with the same birthday. 

I don't understand getting aggravated that a sibling's wedding anniversary is on your birthday. I'm not having (many) huge pony/cake/dozen friend parties any more, and with this pesky work thing I do I often end up celebrating on a different day anyway. 

I would, however, be very aggravated at a sibling proposing to someone at my wedding...

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Ashley's Reality Roundup (http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/category/counting-on/) has a link to Jabbie's registry on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/wedding/a/registry/2BS1IMA5CHRUX?tag=wedch-994-20). It's... pragmatic. Because he's a Duggar, of course there are zillions of gift cards on it. Also a toilet brush because what a keepsake wedding gift that would be. I was surprised by the number of games on it, too.

Edited by jcbrown · Reason: trying to make the links prettier. Oh well.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Ashley's Reality Roundup (http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/category/counting-on/) has a link to Jabbie's registry on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/wedding/a/registry/2BS1IMA5CHRUX?tag=wedch-994-20). It's... pragmatic. Because he's a Duggar, of course there are zillions of gift cards on it. Also a toilet brush because what a keepsake wedding gift that would be. I was surprised by the number of games on it, too.

Huh. Maybe they plan to have actual fun. What a concept. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

So my take on the Nov 3rd wedding:  As someone else said - it may rely a lot on the venue.  If that was the only open date they had before winter sets in, then there's your date.  Having had to drive west from NC years ago I can attest to snow and ice shutting down 1-40 which takes you across TN, Ark. and Oklahoma.  With that they may have said, nope, not going to try and do a wedding with the stinkbus and others having to drive in a possible ice storm.  Take out Halloween - totally ebil, I'm sure.  Take out Jesus' birthday because they are such holy Christians and take out T'giving.  Do the Duggars DO thanksgiving?  I can't seem to remember ever seeing one.  And I'm sure they would be all - it takes 7 turkeys and 5 hams to feed our family!  Plus tator tot casserole, cream of glob casserole and a small bag of salad!  Anyway, I'm thinking that JD and Abbie didn't want to wait until spring to get married, have at least a couple of months to get things together and the venue gave them the date as well.  Jessa can get over it.

That being said on the date clusters thing - my husband is one of 3 kids.  October has been known to the two of us as Hell month since we got married.  At the beginning of the month we have my inlaw's anniversary, also my sis in laws anniversary, our friends J and M's anniversary and my good friend J's birthday - all on the SAME day.  Add in my mother in law's birthday, my husband's birthday, my brother in law's birthday, my mother's birthday, 2 friends birthdays, and both sets of his grandparents anniversaries.  Also my brother in law's first marriage was on my husband's birthday as well.  Sis in law's birthday is the 2nd of November, one of my best friends is the last day of Sept.  And don't forget Halloween - because we are THAT house on the street - we're now up to 5 inflatables - including an 11 ft dragon.  I barely get the Halloween stuff down and up and the house cleaned up in time for T'giving, which we host every year, after Hell month.  And we got yelled at when we got married NOT in October.  LOL.  Thank the Gods for Amazon prime and wish lists.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Took a peek at the wedding griftery.  Lots of tools.  Big tools.  Camping equipment.  A child’s fishing rod set.  A guest cot.  And games?  I thought that cards were the devil’s gateway?  I didn’t go too far into the list, but I can tell you what I didn’t see...27 sets of glasses, 80 sets of towels, 15 sets of dishes...they seem to be looking to furnish their home and not the TTH.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Growing up, there were 4 of us in my family. Between my mom, dad, brother and myself, three of us had birthdays in April.  Throw in Easter (when it fell in April), and it was always a busy month for us.  Date clusters happen even in small families.

Yes date clusters are also in my family because my brother and my dad both born on the same day in March and my brothers wedding anniversary and my sister's and my brothers birthday are in April and also my grandparents anniversary is in April and it was on the same day that I got married so if I didn't get divorced it would have been two wedding anniversaries on the same day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/16/2018 at 6:00 PM, mythoughtis said:

With the short time frame for planning a wedding, they may not get a lot of control over the date.  They are lucky to get venues, etc. 

Venue?  These are Duggars.  All they need is a parking lot.  

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Abbie looks so different in the second pic!

And her hair looks really good compared to the mess that adorns the heads of the other Duggar women.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Of course they look happy because they are in the first stage of their relationship, but wait until they are expected to be showcased along Jinger and Jeremy as the two greatest Duggar couples. Good job to JB for "letting" JD finally pick his girl. And sorry, but JD still gives me the creeps.

Share this post


Link to post

I think J.D. looks better and less scary than he did. The facial hair actually helps, as does a smile that reaches his eyes. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Well, Pickles was in Krista's private accounts (they had been on good terms at first), and Pickles started using Krista's posts to leak Duggar insider news. Needless to say, Krista blocked Pickles from all SM. 

Personally, I was blocked by Pickles years ago. I can still read the swill on her page if I so choose, so it's no big loss. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

At one point in my family, between December 28th - February 7th there were 13 birthdays.  When I met my hubby & found out his birthday was in January....UGH!   lol  My mom, aunt, brother & sis in law are all within 10 days of each other. 

 

To stay on topic, Abbie and JD look VERY happy.  It's just nice to see JD happy, smiling and laughing. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Personally, I was blocked by Pickles years ago. I can still read the swill on her page if I so choose, so it's no big loss. 

I was blocked too ? Agree, no big loss

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Just a reminder, Crest White Strips are your friend !

They can play Coldplay “Yellow.” Parachutes, 2000. at their wedding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Guys, sometimes people can't help the color of their teeth. Genetics and antibiotic use can factor in. 

As can cameras and filters.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Guys, sometimes people can't help the color of their teeth. Genetics and antibiotic use can factor in. 

And teeth never used to be anything but a natural ivory color back in the day...it seems that even that is frowned upon now.

I've been binge-watching a show called "Harlots" on Hulu, and was just noticing the disparity in tooth color the other day. Given that it's a British production, there is not the same obsession with blinding white teeth that we seem to have here. There are a few characters, even among the rich and/or "beautiful" whose teeth are of a shade which wouldn't fly on American TV, and likewise, a few characters among the sweaty wenches and sewer-rats who do boast teeth of a shade which was not seen until the last couple of decades, not to mention the few hundred years ago that the series is set.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

My teeth are naturally slightly yellow.  When I had my upper 6 "smile" teeth crowned several years ago, I knew that they should not be "denture white" so I had them match my 6 lower teeth.  My uppers were worn and chipped, and they did a great job on my crowns, even recreating my natural diastema.  Mr. Xword had his dentures slightly off-white, and they also have a diastema.  I don't get the obsession with whiter-than-white teeth.  

Do the white strips even work?  I know bleaching is something that dentists do, and I wonder if that makes teeth more sensitive to heat and cold, or more likely to absorb coffee/tea stains?  Does JD need it, or does Abbie?  Neither looked excessively discolored to me.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Definitely not a side hug. At least they look truly happy, unlike SiRen at the same stage of their relationship.

Wow, they look happy!!! And they're clearly not following the rules to the letter. I hope this is an encouragement for jana, if she wants to get married. Maybe she'll see that she doesn't necessarily have to follow those stupid rules with daddy going, "har har har!" the whole time. Possibly she could have JD and Abbie as her permanent "chaperones," and she and her boyfriend could go out with them and enjoy more mainstream dates, or at least have age-appropriate company. 

I wouldn't be thrilled if my sister got married on my birthday, but that's because I only have one sister. Couldn't she find any other day? However, if you have 19 kids in your family, you really shouldn't let it bother you, because there are only so many days in the year. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/1/2018 at 4:27 PM, Heathen said:

Guys, sometimes people can't help the color of their teeth. Genetics and antibiotic use can factor in. 

Sometimes even something as simple as a fever can cause problems with the enamel coloring.

I just had my teeth bonded to cover my blotchy enamel. I need two more sessions but the dentist is being cautious so it looks natural as he's doing it. It's expensive.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2018 at 12:24 PM, DangerousMinds said:

When you invite 1000 of your “closest friends,” I think a leak is inevitable.

The rant is intriguing.  If I had to guess who the rant was about my 1st guess would be the man who from early on, learned to monetize his family.  But she prob isn't speaking of JimBoob.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think they look cute together and yes very happy, I'm glad JD met someone not gonna lie I thought he never would. 

Teeth thing I'm British we don't give a damn (well we do kinda) As long as your teeth aren't rotting away we're cool about it.  I know a few people who have bleached their teeth & it looks so unnatural! Teeth are naturally supposed to be slightly yellow not blazing white (full filling a stereotype I guess of British people? lol) 

Edited by Puffin
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And teeth never used to be anything but a natural ivory color back in the day...it seems that even that is frowned upon now.

I've been binge-watching a show called "Harlots" on Hulu, and was just noticing the disparity in tooth color the other day. Given that it's a British production, there is not the same obsession with blinding white teeth that we seem to have here. There are a few characters, even among the rich and/or "beautiful" whose teeth are of a shade which wouldn't fly on American TV, and likewise, a few characters among the sweaty wenches and sewer-rats who do boast teeth of a shade which was not seen until the last couple of decades, not to mention the few hundred years ago that the series is set.

Have you been having issues with Hulu?  Hulu Live has been out 3 times that I know of if the last several days.  <shakes fist>  I will check this show out.

The color of their teeth don't bug me as long as they are brushing them.  I really hope they are!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of teeth and the coloring of teeth...I had a weird dream this morning. I was at the dentist office, and JD and I were learning how to remove the stains from our teeth. He kept telling me I was brushing wrong. Darn Duggars! Stay out of my dreams!

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Speaking of teeth and the coloring of teeth...I had a weird dream this morning. I was at the dentist office, and JD and I were learning how to remove the stains from our teeth. He kept telling me I was brushing wrong. Darn Duggars! Stay out of my dreams!

1) That's more than a little terrifying.

2) Leads to an interesting question-if you HAD to get tooth advice from any Duggar/Duggar Adjacent, who would you trust? Abbie because she has some legit medical background? Jeremy because he's so damn vain?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

None of them! Abbie has no dental training, and she needs to work with her future in-laws on proper oral health care instead. Jeremy would bug the heck out of me, so no, I would not go to him. I will stick with my own dentist and his team because they know what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

1) That's more than a little terrifying.

2) Leads to an interesting question-if you HAD to get tooth advice from any Duggar/Duggar Adjacent, who would you trust? Abbie because she has some legit medical background? Jeremy because he's so damn vain?

I don't think Jeremy is overly vain -- I don't get why people assume he's so.  I'd probably get advice from him or a (born) Seewald because they seem most normal, jacked-up beliefs aside. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size