Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Same here. Once again, I was wrong. 

Makes me wonder whether "pass times" is a regional thing. We've seen it with other Duggars/adjacents, I think. Not that it makes it an alternate spelling, per se...but it does actually make sense in that something you do to pass the time could legitimately be a pass time. Why would the second "s" necessarily need to be tossed away when making a single word out of two? I can't think of other words to either prove or disprove the pattern offhand (well, there's one off hand - though I suppose that would end up pronounced ov-hand if one dropped the extra f)...Yeah, English is a weird and wonderful language, and so many rules and accepted spellings really don't make any sense.

Oops...way off topic!!

I think that Abbie does have more education in some ways, at least. People have very diverse talents and interests, and poor spelling skills are not necessarily indicative of anything other than the person not having a good mind for orthography.

• Love 2

Just because Abbie has more education than many of the adult Duggars does not make her education at the level of Derick or Jeremy, both of who actually write fairly decently even though I don't like what either of them post.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Makes me wonder whether "pass times" is a regional thing. We've seen it with other Duggars/adjacents, I think. Not that it makes it an alternate spelling, per se...but it does actually make sense in that something you do to pass the time could legitimately be a pass time. Why would the second "s" necessarily need to be tossed away when making a single word out of two? I can't think of other words to either prove or disprove the pattern offhand (well, there's one off hand - though I suppose that would end up pronounced ov-hand if one dropped the extra f)...Yeah, English is a weird and wonderful language, and so many rules and accepted spellings really don't make any sense.

Oops...way off topic!!

I think that Abbie does have more education in some ways, at least. People have very diverse talents and interests, and poor spelling skills are not necessarily indicative of anything other than the person not having a good mind for orthography.

To me, not knowing the difference says she hasn’t done a lot of reading in her lifetime.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Are they traveling alone or with the rest of the Duggar circus?

How can these people do so many different things and go to so many interesting places and still be boring as hell?

As a teacher of mine always said about people like this - "Wherever you go, there you are. "

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As a teacher of mine always said about people like this - "Wherever you go, there you are. "

Your teacher was Buckaroo Banzai?

Also, I hear they have some of...you know, those types of men, in San Fran. Eyes to the ground! Hopefully they buy some pot and use it. Where are they getting the money to travel?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Also, I hear they have some of...you know, those types of men, in San Fran. Eyes to the ground! Hopefully they buy some pot and use it. Where are they getting the money to travel?

Maybe their Uber driver will have to take them through the Castro on their way to their next destination. 😂😂

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe their Uber driver will have to take them through the Castro on their way to their next destination. 😂😂

A friend that lives in SF told me that by local ordinance, nudity is legal there. Not sure if that's true....but I want it to be!

• LOL 2
44 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

My guess Tlc gifted them the vacation.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

A friend that lives in SF told me that by local ordinance, nudity is legal there. Not sure if that's true....but I want it to be!

YES! I have a friend who moved there from the Ozarks, and she is not an uptight prude by any means, but the first message I got from her was an amused but bewildered running commentary on all the literal dicks she was seeing in the street. I asked her about it a few months later, and she told me she'd gotten desensitized to it and stopped noticing. LOL 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, we passed a law a few years ago that the nudists have to bring a towel with them to sit on in public places. But yeah, in certain areas, you'll see a lot of dicks. And it's never the people you'd want to see either.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 21
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

If the driver did that I would pay the price just to see their expressions. 

• LOL 1

John David speaks in the article as though it was all in the past - the first trimester. Which means the title of the article should be "suffered from" not "is suffering from".

Not that complete accuracy ever kept a publication from a good headline.

I had a friend with that. Multiple trips to the ER for IVs. It really sucks. Fortunately, she felt better when she reached her second trimester. And as we've seen Abbie out and about everyone, I'm assuming the same thing happened to her.

• Love 4

According to the Duggar friend who posts on FJ, Abbie did not attend Mary's funeral, which was June 17. That would have been just a couple weeks after she announced at the pregnant Duggars photoshoot a week before Mary passed.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kate had it for all three pregnancies.

No wonder she has had seemingly no trouble staying skinny.  I feel fortunate that my one pregnancy didn't make me so nauseous that I had to throw up.  I felt queasy, but that was all.  I've had migraines that made me throw up, and that was the worst.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, Churchhoney said:

I do think they'll probably ultimately back away. 

But because of Jim Bob's greed and all the things I've mentioned, I'm still 99 percent convinced that starting such a business is exactly what he's been planning. 

Over the past decade or so tons and tons of fools have started air-ambulance companies -- backed by investors figuring they could make a quick big buck. And surprisingly, many of them have. And continue to. That's exactly the kind of bandwagon somebody like Jim Bob would jump onto, especially because he's enamored of flying vehicles.

Now there are too many, and they're raising their prices sky high to compensate for losing some business to competitors, and states are hoping to do something about it.... So Jim Bob's too late to the trough, I think. ....

However, because the feds alone regulate stuff that flies in the air, this sector has been very much the wild west for some years now and continues to be, despite growing worries about it, and, especially, worries about the high prices they're charging-- as "investors" and cowboys of JIm Bob's ilk have crowded into it. Jim Bob would be all over those high prices.

The states still can't do anything to regulate it.  And in an area of sparse population, the money has been there for the taking.  And as long as people aren't crashing all over the place and are delivering people to hospitals, not nearly as many lawsuits as you'd expect have materialized. The big issue has been -- and is -- that the field is getting very very crowded, which, contrary to the way economics usually operates, has driven price way UP --

This has definitely been on JB"s mind, as it's been on the mind of a lot of other get-rich-quick guys who've started these companies. No other reason why JD and Nathan would  recently have been registering companies with medical and flying words in their names. 

I don't think they'll ultimately go through with it. It's drawing a lot of negative attention right now, and I think they'll ultimately be scared off (as they should be.).

But JIm Bob's not that bright.. He's always on the lookout for a moneymaker -- and this has been sold to a lot of people in recent years as a great one. And we saw with the Bahamas episode, for example, that JD and Nathan Bates, among others, are just as arrogant, dumb and delusional as Jim Bob is. 

They probably figured they wouldn't go after real emergencies in remote areas but they'd offer it to people as a better alternative to regular ambulances.....There's concern that many of the current outfits deliberately target people who are only mildly injured or sick or who are in a perfectly car-accessible place -- i.e., the airlift isn't necessary -- and then they bill the person's insurance and, ultimately, the person if, as often happens, the insurer won't pay....

People are getting away with this because states DO regulate any actual medical care you get from your ambulance service. But states are NOT permitted (by federal law) to regulate the PRICES.....

So if you sell your air-ambulance services to people who dont' need much if any medical care -- just a lift to a hospital -- then you're not likely to run into any regulatory or liability issues, since you provided little or no medical care, and you can fleece insurers and individuals for a lot of cash.....with nobody overseeing that aspect of things....

That's a Jim Bob Duggar dream, I think.....However, now that concerns are being raised, it probably doesn't look as enticing as it did even in 2019. 

Do these operators get away with having the passenger/patient sit upright squeezed in between two fat guys? And no doors? 

This looks pathetic:

• LOL 1
53 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh dear - this local political writer has a picture of JD's wannabe cop constable mobile....that's so sad.

Like a fundie batmobile

Bahaha Her comments are funny and right on--like her, I've never seen another Arkansas constable posture that much. She's also right about the breakdown of them either being legitimate first responder experience types, people on a power trip, or people who ran to keep the power trippers out of office. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

If he wants to be a cop so badly why not become a freaking cop. You're a grown up now JD, you can do what you want.

I suspect JD secretly knows that he could never hack it as a real cop--though he would never admit that. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I suspect JD secretly knows that he could never hack it as a real cop--though he would never admit that. 

Well, he wouldn't be on call as the Family Pilot any longer. And he'd have to work weekends, including Sundays. 

no bueno.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8