Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

No pictures. Hmm, I wonder what’s up. If she were pregnant I think it would have come out by now (the news, not the baby). That family can’t keep pregnancy news quiet to save their lives. 

Thank you.

I'm constantly amazed at the posts all over this board implying that this or that daughter/daughter-in-law is hiding a pregnancy. That has simply never happened -- they barely wait until the pee-stick is dry. Jessa held out the longest with Spurgeon, and she announced at 3 or 4 months. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm sticking to my theory that Abbie decided to go back to work after all. 

that wouldn't surprise me. Plus JD was not all that interested in the cameras when he "lived" in the TTH.  Maybe they, like the Vuolos, are developing their own interpretation of their rules, adapting some, etc. since they have each other for support in all of this.  I still think their views are abhorrent.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

that wouldn't surprise me. Plus JD was not all that interested in the cameras when he "lived" in the TTH.  Maybe they, like the Vuolos, are developing their own interpretation of their rules, adapting some, etc. since they have each other for support in all of this.  I still think their views are abhorrent.

Oh definitely. The difference between them and the rest of the clan is that they are keeping their views to themselves and out of the public eye. Whether that is a good thing or not, you decide. 

It's very interesting the Burnetts have decided to remain quiet and not seek out publicity. The rest of the Duggar in-laws were salivating at the idea of being on the TeeVee and having a famous son/daughter-in-law. 

• Love 18

I do get the feeling that this is one of the better Duggar kidult marriages.  I think there is a genuine affection bordering on love between JD and Abby, and this is probably the most egalitarian.  Good for them for staying off social media and enjoying their first year of marriage and working on building a life together.  I hope one of the reasons why they have been silent is that a baby is in their 2-5 year plan and they are practicing some kind of birth control.  

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do get the feeling that this is one of the better Duggar kidult marriages.  I think there is a genuine affection bordering on love between JD and Abby, and this is probably the most egalitarian.  Good for them for staying off social media and enjoying their first year of marriage and working on building a life together.  I hope one of the reasons why they have been silent is that a baby is in their 2-5 year plan and they are practicing some kind of birth control.  

I think the fact that they've been so quiet, and the in-laws haven't started some sort of evangelical blog or singing troupe, is fascinating. I would put JD/Abbie alongside Joy/Austin as the two couples who would have existed with or without the TV show. Joy/Austin always struck me as childhood friends who were reasonably compatible and it seemed practical, and JD seems legit smitten by Abbie. I'm sure JD and Abbie have the same shitty views as the rest of the clan, but they've got the good sense and polite manners to keep their mouths shut and their heads down about it. 

• Love 16

I don't think Austin would have married Joy without the D-List fame. Remember that the Forsyths immediately included her in the Fort Rock banner as soon as the courtship was announced. They were looking for a bride that could bring in more $$$ to their business. Had Joy been Joy Duggar the daughter of Jim Bob Duggar the Leech, she wouldn't have even been in the running. Rather she was Joy Duggar, one of the stars of TLC's Counting On. It was very much a business transaction on both sides, although it seems to have worked out? I'm still on the fence about Austin.

The Burnetts are just very interesting in that we don't know much about them besides they are deep in the IBLP kool-aid, but let their daughters do NIKE things like nursing and wear pants. The dad isn't a pastor trying to hitch his wagon to JB nor is JRod heading off to try and park her RV in their driveway.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Further proof that JD & A are still alive, still looking happy, and not visibly pregnant...

But that's an old photo too!

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Oops, never mind...

No worries! 🙂 FWIW, it does look like they're getting ready to have the next festival. Will be interesting to see if JD and Abby put in another appearance this year. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

No way is not not knocked up. Abbie seems smart enough to wait until shes well into the second trimester to announce. I'd love for them not to post about a pregnancy at all, and just announce the birth. It'd be the ultimate FU to his upbringing.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Abbie is looking skinnier and happier than ever.

They both look absolutely besotted.  Can't really tell from the pic, she could be hiding a small bump.  I hope not.

• Love 13

This makes me hopeful their lack of social media presence means they're aiming for a more low-key, private life than other members of the circus. If so, good for them. 

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My first reaction was they're hiding her bump. And so was my second.

She's not cradling her stomach though! As a Duggar/Duggar-in-law it's a requirement to cradle your stomach (or vagina like Lauren Markle) the second the pee stick shows a positive.

I really hope these two have decided a low key lifestyle is for them and they stay off social media. I do wonder what kind of storyline TLC will have to come up with for them because of how low key they both seem to be.

4w0axpi7hbb31.png

I forgot. Jabbie was out with Lawson and Nathan Bates over the weekend. Here's a full length picture of the two of them.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

She's not cradling her stomach though! As a Duggar/Duggar-in-law it's a requirement to cradle your stomach (or vagina like Lauren Markle) the second the pee stick shows a positive.

I really hope these two have decided a low key lifestyle is for them and they stay off social media. I do wonder what kind of storyline TLC will have to come up with for them because of how low key they both seem to be.

4w0axpi7hbb31.png

I forgot. Jabbie was out with Lawson and Nathan Bates over the weekend. Here's a full length picture of the two of them.

Guess we'll have to wait for the new season to know, but I wonder if they agreed to a trade off that the wedding and lead up to it was okay, but they're not interested in appearing regularly. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

4w0axpi7hbb31.png

Oh dear god!  Is that a maternity dress?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

Oh dear god!  Is that a maternity dress?

What makes you think it might be a maternity dress? I've never been pregnant and am quite innocent of all knowledge of maternity clothing. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

What makes you think it might be a maternity dress? I've never been pregnant and am quite innocent of all knowledge of maternity clothing. LOL

I have no idea if she's pregnant or not; but you can often tell maternity tops/dresses because they have no waist. They might be gathered under the bust but then they just fall away to accommodate the bump. That's why everyone looks pregnant when they wear empire waist shirts, LOL!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

I have no idea if she's pregnant or not; but you can often tell maternity tops/dresses because they have no waist. They might be gathered under the bust but then they just fall away to accommodate the bump. That's why everyone looks pregnant when they wear empire waist shirts, LOL!

Thank you--that makes sense!

(edited)

I don't think she is pregnant. I think she often photographs sideways hugging JD or in those weird poses. It does not look like hiding the bump to me

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't think she is pregnant. I think she often photographs sideways hugging JD or in those weird poses. It does not look like hiding the bump to me

You don't see her facing the camera head on very often. Even in the picture with the two Bateses boys she's slouching. I noticed that in other candid pictures too. She seems to prefer being photographed from the side.

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Do we know when this photo was taken? It could be months old. You know how this family posts photos as if they were taken yesterday. Not all are current ones.

The one with the Bateses was last week since Lawson and Nathan were around. I don't know if he deliberately likes to fuel rumors of a courtship with Jana or what but that's what happens every time he's in Arkansas. 

• Love 4

These two look old. If you told me JD was pushing 40 and Abby was in her thirties, I'd believe you.

OTOH, I'm glad they're apparently not pregnant yet. There's nothing wrong with spending a year or two as carefree newlyweds. 

• Love 11