Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I was going to say that Abbie could have been surprised to be pregnant because Celiac can mess with your cycles.  But then I remembered; Abbie isn't Celiac is she? I imagine being a nurse she would have looked into an official diagnosis if she thought she had a problem but isn't Lauren the "official" celiac sufferer and Abbie is gluten free because she just felt better when she eliminated it?   If so I guess that theory is out, not that Abbie couldn't be irregular for many other reasons; it's not an uncommon problem.

I love that Instgram photo though - it is a totally normal everyday photo of a woman wearing a normal summer outfit.  In Duggar land those shoulders and that neckline are defrauding and JB would drop in a faint if he saw any of his unmarried girls and even a few of the married (ie the ones he still controls) in that outfit.  That JD doesn't seem to care and that Abbie is comfortable wearing it says a lot and is great progress.

Lauren isn't officially celiac. Neither one of them is officially celiac, but both Abbie and Lauren have talked about gluten sensitivity.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Lauren isn't officially celiac. Neither one of them is officially celiac, but both Abbie and Lauren have talked about gluten sensitivity.

What isn't Lauren sensitive too?

Never mind, I know - others.

• LOL 19
On 8/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, truebluesmoky said:

I wonder if she’s been suffering from hyperemesis and that’s why she looks like she actually lost weight and has missed family events.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:36 PM, BitterApple said:

Wow, Abby's lost a lot of weight.

Yeah, how thin she looked in the prior photo (shortly before they announced, and the first pic in awhile) actually had me convinced she *was* pregnant. Hyperemesis is a bitch. Hopefully she’s starting to feel better!

Also, and forgive me if I missed this (as I usually catch the family’s posts from browsing these boards, and never read JD&A’s thread here consistently through), but did we know that Abbie has/still has her own, private (!) IG?! Good for her! Only 30 posts, so it’s not like she/they are posting up a storm behind the private account; it pleases me on both counts. It’s so normal! (Her friend tagged both her private handle and their shared/public one.)

3F95EA46-1540-417F-AE22-A1156CEBDDF1.jpeg

B2A73B79-C20D-450D-9D00-E8503C955156.jpeg

• Love 13
On 8/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, BitterApple said:

I'm actually surprised he doesn't go that route, considering there's a pilot shortage. He could make great money flying for one of the cargo companies, not to mention the benefits. What sort of hold does Boob have over these kids?

JB and M got them at birth and for most of their lives determinedly warped them into a particular shape and kept them from any outside contact except with fools who embrace the same idiot ideology and, in many cases, have the same personality issues JB and M have.

Their brains are literally wired to act toward them just like their parents acted all their lives. 

Unless something radical happens, most Duggarlings are self-perpetuating Boob-robots.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

JB and M got them at birth and for most of their lives determinedly warped them into a particular shape and kept them from any outside contact except with fools who embrace the same idiot ideology and, in many cases, have the same personality issues JB and M have.

Their brains are literally wired to act toward them just like their parents acted all their lives. 

Unless something radical happens, most Duggarlings are self-perpetuating Boob-robots.

And that's why the notion of any of them having the strength  to break free and of us rescuing Jana, etc. are just things we would like to happen, and in reality slim to none chance of happening.

• Love 10

I think what got them all is the tv money. I’m sure it was drilled into their heads that god answered their prayers and gave them fame and money for sticking with their religion. The older ones must remember the abject poverty before TLC. Hell, that might even make me a believer. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I think what got them all is the tv money. I’m sure it was drilled into their heads that god answered their prayers and gave them fame and money for sticking with their religion. The older ones must remember the abject poverty before TLC. Hell, that might even make me a believer. 

Without tv show fame and money a few of them certainly would’ve deflected by now- my predictions would be Jessa (not condemning her parents but moving out and doing her own thing), who would’ve dragged Jinger with her as Jinger always wanted the superficial trappings of a difference kind of life.  As well as Josiah/Joy-Anna would’ve jumped ship together as soon as Joy-Anna was 18. 

As JB and Michelle age they will lossen the reigns (cause they are older and tired and Jana does so much), the kids from Jackson on down are likely to live less Duggar-esque lives.

I think Jana would still be there to care for the younger ones, and JD would support her in whatever decision she wanted to make. 

• Love 4

That onesie is cute AF.  Happy for them and glad to see that Abbie is dressed more normally/mainstream.  I imagine that as a nurse she gravitates towards clothing she can actually move in.

I likewise like her girl-next-door look.  She seems to be that type of practical girl who is the "go-to" advice-giver in her friend group.  Allover I think this pair is much better off for waiting until they were actual adults to get married.  It's like Abbie could, gosh, actually support herself if she were widowed, etc.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Without tv show fame and money a few of them certainly would’ve deflected by now- my predictions would be Jessa (not condemning her parents but moving out and doing her own thing), who would’ve dragged Jinger with her as Jinger always wanted the superficial trappings of a difference kind of life.  As well as Josiah/Joy-Anna would’ve jumped ship together as soon as Joy-Anna was 18. 

As JB and Michelle age they will lossen the reigns (cause they are older and tired and Jana does so much), the kids from Jackson on down are likely to live less Duggar-esque lives.

I think Jana would still be there to care for the younger ones, and JD would support her in whatever decision she wanted to make. 

OK, let's play. If the Duggars didn't have the TV show fame and money, which kids would still totally stay in the fold?

I believe Joe would be one.

Jill's kind of interesting because I think she's one of the few where she became more mainstream due to Derick and the TV show. I think she would have also stayed in the fold if not for Derick. 

• Love 3
On 8/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, madpsych78 said:

OK, let's play. If the Duggars didn't have the TV show fame and money, which kids would still totally stay in the fold?

I believe Joe would be one.

Jill's kind of interesting because I think she's one of the few where she became more mainstream due to Derick and the TV show. I think she would have also stayed in the fold if not for Derick. 

I don't think Jill and Derick would have made it to the altar if there wasn't a tv show. They probably would have spent more time together than they did, and Derick would have realized Jill wasn't who she claimed to be ( midwife in training, somewhat educated, ready to get married ect). I think he would have bailed.

But I agree Jill would have absolutely stayed, Jessa and Jinger would have gotten married first second they could to basically anyone to escape the TTH, and maybe left years down the road. I don't think they would have gone on their own. I do think their suitors would have been less "desirable" ( in quotes because I don't think Jeremy and Bin are desirable husbands) and they are actually better off due to the show helping them get married Vs marrying a David Waller or Rodriguez person with no outside world experience 

Josh absolutely would have been the first to head for the hills, followed by Josiah. Josh was the only one so far capable of doing things on his own ( granted his thing was cheating, but it does take a lot of motivation to go against the grain and hire a prostitute when you've been raised fundy). 

• Love 15

I don't know who would have bolted.  If they risked shunning by the parents and the parents made the siblings shun them, would they be strong enough to start over in a strange land with all those people they were taught to distrust?  Hard to tell.

• Love 2

I don't think JimBob & Michelle would have shunned (or would now shun) any child who went off the rails. They've allowed their children to be around Amy all her life and presumably around JimBob's sister who was living in sin with Amy's father for a long time. I think most of them, especially from Joseph down, would have an extremely hard time surviving because of their piss-poor education and lack of awareness of how the real world works. 

However, without the show, I think Josh would have been allowed to go to either Clown College or maybe even Liberty, gotten caught naked in someone's bed and expelled, then bolted instead of going to Jesus Jail. Josiah would have bailed at 18 and found some family who appreciated him to live with and help him get things figured out. JD, Jana, Jessa, and Jinger would have all married and eventually slowly migrated to a more mainstream Christian church and given up Gothardism. Jill would have married a man just like dad and been as unhappy with him as she is with Derick. And Joy probably would have married Austin.

I think after Josh and Josiah, Michelle and Jim-Bob would have gotten stricter, more confining, and more controlling of the younger kids to keep them in line. The show has given them enough money to go on childless vacations and having so many older kids at home lets them leave without any guilt or responsibility. Without the show, I think they would have ended up doing a lot more parenting once the older girls began marrying.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She says that her first trimester was "pretty rough." Was it ever confirmed that she missed Mary's funeral?

And was it ever confirmed that she had to work during her rough first trimester?  I did with my three pregnancies and it's hard!  These Duggars girls have it sooooo easy!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

That is a lot if girls, is every baby in this round of pregnanices a girl? Kendra, Lauren, Jessa, Abbie, Anna

Counting extended family and friends,  I think Amy is the only one having a boy.  Even the 2 Bates gals, Erin & Whitney,  are having girls.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

That is a lot if girls, is every baby in this round of pregnanices a girl? Kendra, Lauren, Jessa, Abbie, Anna

Poor Joy.  Those are going to be a few rough months for her. And she’s going to be reminded of her lost baby every year when all those little girls have their birthdays. 

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Love 2

These people and their kissing pictures.  It’s like they have to show all the non-marrieds in their group “Look, we can touch, we can kiss!”

And all the social media posting of kisses just screams “See, our archaic courting practices work!  We are so in love!”

I’ve been with the same man for 28 years, married for 26 of them, and the total count of our kissing pictures is one, taken on our wedding day.  (We kissed  before marriage too, shocking, I know.  No pictures of that either.)

Edited by Libby96
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

One of those gold baby balloons flew over the house last Saturday. Had the scary thought that there might be Duggars in the neighborhood. 

1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

They want us to guess with pink confetti on the lawn?

That's the kind of tests they're used to from the SOTDRT. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Poor Joy.  Those are going to be a few rough months for her. And she’s going to be reminded of her lost baby every year when all those little girls have their birthdays. 

Agree. My due date for my miscarried twins was within a few weeks of my husband’s goddaughter and our niece. Everyone of their milestones could of been our twins milestones too. It is better as the years go on. 

• Love 3

Okay, given a choice to burn Michelle’s ever-present denim jacket or take a pair of dog clippers to her hair, which do you choose?

Abbie’s dressed for prom night. JD’s dressed to change the oil in the car.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, given a choice to burn Michelle’s ever-present denim jacket or take a pair of dog clippers to her hair, which do you choose?

Burn the jacket along with every other piece of denim in that photo. Then in the process, accidentally singe off Mullet's bangs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I was en route to posting that I'd buzz the possum off her head...

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd burn that big ugly wart off her behind....Oh, that's Jim Bob....

...but then @Churchhoney won the internet.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Whichever one comes with new footwear. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jana's IG stated that Abbie was a wonderful nurse. So she was still working after all?

I haven't heard anything either way, but if she was, the Duggars would never publicize it. It goes against everything they've been preaching for the last decade. 

• Love 10

They've preached a lot of things over the past three decades and gone back on them. The Duggars are raging hypocrites. That being said, Abbie still working while they were saying women shouldn't work outside of the household only slightly registers on the Duggar Hypocrite scale.

They're still fundies and still dangerous but at least maybe there's some hope that this little girl will be allowed to pursue something rather than sitting around waiting for Prince Charming (unlike her other female cousins).

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

The prom in my hick hometown was not the height of elegance, but Abbie's outfit looks like regular church clothes to me. And while JD's jeans and polo aren't to my taste, they don't look like ratty work clothes to me. I've seen men in similar outfits at church. 

At my daughter's sex reveal party she asked everyone to wear pink if we were predicting a girl, blue if predicting a boy. I wore a top I didn't like very much because I didn't have any other pink winter clothes. Wonder if the "gender reveal" festivities informed JD & A's outfit choices?

Edited by Portia
  • Love 14

And those jeans could be considered in style except they are Duggars. Grandson just spent a lot of my money (my choice ) on what I consider ratty new jeans. Faded and shredded. I told him I could show him how to do that on a pair of cheap jeans. Which is what I’m guessing JD is wearing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Libby96 said:

These people and their kissing pictures.  It’s like they have to show all the non-marrieds in their group “Look, we can touch, we can kiss!”

And all the social media posting of kisses just screams “See, our archaic courting practices work!  We are so in love!”

I’ve been with the same man for 28 years, married for 26 of them, and the total count of our kissing pictures is one, taken on our wedding day.  (We kissed  before marriage too, shocking, I know.  No pictures of that either.)

the thing is that too, with every couple, every kiss pictured lacks SO MUCH chemistry. like "oh a camera! time to kiss now!! gotta show everyone how in love we are and the only way we can do that is by mashing our faces against each other!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

the thing is that too, with every couple, every kiss pictured lacks SO MUCH chemistry. like "oh a camera! time to kiss now!! gotta show everyone how in love we are and the only way we can do that is by mashing our faces against each other!!"

It really does strike me as odd. I mean, I'm glad that they don't go around posing for pictures with tongues stuck down each others' throats, though I'm pretty sure that would provoke even more snark, and distaste. But, honestly, even though they DO seem to include more kissing pictures that the average person, I never thought of that as particularly unusual. I know plenty of couples who have been married for decades who still throw in the occasional kiss picture from a special occasion, and they are mostly all very chaste photos (as they should be, IMO). Even Mr Jyn and I probably have a handful of them, and he is FAR from being generally demonstrative and hates cameras with a passion. 

The Duggars were raised with the parents who made sure to kiss at every opportunity, and it probably IS something they consider vital to a healthy marriage. Heck, it's not unusual for me to go months without a kiss or a hug, so I'm probably a wee bit jealous, truth be told. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

What is with the pile of crap on the TTH front porch? (Seen in distance behind JD, you may have to slide picture over some.) Looks like a gas grill that has seen better days by the torch marks on the front. BTW, I've never seen a grill with any type of torch marks on it like that. (It must have been one heck of a cook out.)  It drives me nuts with all those people that someone can't take 5 minutes to wipe it off. It looks like outside gear piled up next to the grill which may have been left there for someone to take home. It's no big deal if the stuff was just leftovers from this party but knowing the Duggars, that pile could be there for Abbie & JD's blessing #2 gender reveal. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Don't forget about the sparkle. Abbie loves her some sparkle.

It drives me nuts that Abbie  considers herself a sparkly, glitter type of girl.  Like I've posted before, I have never seen her wearing anything including a glittery headband or barrette or even earrings that would make her stand out as being a glitter girl (or whatever they call her.)  I don't consider the jewelry she's wearing in the pictures over the top & in the "Glitter Girl" category.  I know the Duggs see things differently but I think Abbie already called herself this before JD arrived on the scene. Maybe she is the most "girlie" of her sisters. 

• Love 6