Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I don't think any of the Duggars are intelligent enough to pass the exams or get through the academy. And even if they did somehow manage to do that, they would absolutely be terrible cops and I can't for the life of me even imagine how they would react to people screaming in their faces, people naked, on drugs ect ect. 

Agree 100%

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm sorry but there are some EXTREMELY stupid cops. I have a lot of family who live in small towns; oh the stories I could tell. That said, I don't think he'd go that route because it would require several things: 1) He could end up with a female partner or boss 2) He wouldn't be on call to his family 3) He would be subject to mainstream rules/regulations. So far we haven't seen an adult Duggar willing to pull that far away from the way they grew up. 

Oh, I agree. Could tell some stories about big-city stupid cops. But even the stupid ones managed to get through whatever training was required, and ti cope with the rules and working conditions, including taking the cr*p shifts especially when low on the seniority list. It's the bolded stuff that I think is the crux for the Duggars - they've had their specialness hammered into their heads all their little lives.  It would be a big deal for any of them to cope with mainstream life in any kind of regular workplace - including a police department.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

He must have a tiny dick with all that badge flashing and driving around in a fake cop car.

Small penis

Receding hairline 

Enormous ego

Not too intelligent 

Servants heart

thats how I see Duggar males 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 12
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If he wants to be a cop so badly why not become a freaking cop. You're a grown up now JD, you can do what you want.

I expect Jim Bob also wants him in that job because he hopes JD might be able to hear or overhear some what's-going-on-in-the-county dish that he could share with dad.

Besides JD getting his own ego-and-boyhood-dreams fed a little bit by carrying a gun and a badge, he also has some potential to act as a low-rent spy into goings on in the area. He might get to pick up some useful scuttlebutt before others do by seeing things or chatting with someone or seeing something on some official document he gets access to. JB would want that.

He might even direct JD to casually ask around about this or that or drive here or there in his cop car and watch this or that, to possibly pick up some info JB would like without JB personally being on the scene. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know that Abbie doesn't likely drink alcohol, but, whenever I see her, she looks like she might have just polished off a couple of glasses of Merlot.  lol  (Sleepy eyes or something.)

If I were part of that family I'd be drinking too. Probably something stronger than Merlot though. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect Jim Bob also wants him in that job because he hopes JD might be able to hear or overhear some what's-going-on-in-the-county dish that he could share with dad.

Besides JD getting his own ego-and-boyhood-dreams fed a little bit by carrying a gun and a badge, he also has some potential to act as a low-rent spy into goings on in the area. He might get to pick up some useful scuttlebutt before others do by seeing things or chatting with someone or seeing something on some official document he gets access to. JB would want that.

He might even direct JD to casually ask around about this or that or drive here or there in his cop car and watch this or that, to possibly pick up some info JB would like without JB personally being on the scene. 

That's "cop car" to you. 😁

• LOL 1

Someone further upthread mentioned JD stole supplies meant for the Bahamians? I missed out on that story; can someone fill me in on that? Sorry, I'm late to the party. I knew some of them flew there after the storms and something about eating Chik Fil A when they were there but that's it. 

11 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Someone further upthread mentioned JD stole supplies meant for the Bahamians? I missed out on that story; can someone fill me in on that? Sorry, I'm late to the party. I knew some of them flew there after the storms and something about eating Chik Fil A when they were there but that's it. 

I didn't hear of them stealing supplies, but more of commandeering local equipment and gas.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, yogi2014L said:

I don't think any of the Duggars are intelligent enough to pass the exams or get through the academy. And even if they did somehow manage to do that, they would absolutely be terrible cops and I can't for the life of me even imagine how they would react to people screaming in their faces, people naked, on drugs ect ect. 

Nike ! Then run home to daddy Blob.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't hear of them stealing supplies, but more of commandeering local equipment and gas.

Yeah, it seems that they walked in and took over, deciding which supplies went to which groups and when.  They also managed to limit access to fuel so that other charities were at their mercy when they needed gasoline for their vehicles.  There were also some vehicles used at the airport to transport supplies from one location to another.  The Duggar gang grabbed those vehicles and refused to allow any other group to use them.

They also commandeered an air conditioned, large building for their 'headquarters' and refused to allow the locals to use 'their' bathroom or even to come in to cool off from the oppressive heat.

Finally, JD, the Bates boys and others from their cult wore fake law enforcement credentials on their belts and carried guns; apparently to scare the other volunteers at the site into thinking they were actually authorized to be in charge there.  JD wore his constable badge from BF, Arkansas which has absolutely no power or meaning in the Bahamas.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

If a person went into a local food pantry (with a gun and a badge no less) and started telling people what to do with donations and distributing food based on their own sense of who was deserving, I would consider that theft. Those donations belong to the food pantry and they get to decide who receives the food -- not some random, armed weirdo.

And a person from another country no less! 

• Love 12

Oh dear. Yeah, these Duggar men are definitely aware they don't measure up (and I mean that literally and metaphorically) so they try to make up for it by taking charge where it's not needed and end up making a bigger mess than before they arrive.  They really are the stereotype of "Ugly Americans" and "Missioncationers". It would be a funny sight to see these beta male Duggars swaggering around in their badges and guns if it weren't a sad and tragic situation where people's lives are at stake. What is it going to take for these people to "get it"? 

I read a terrific article some years back from a professional who lives full time in a third-world country asking that good-hearted but ignorant Americans please not come over to physically help, because they oftentimes do a poor job of constructing or distributing things. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Case point, JD and crew barging into a distaster zone, throwing their weight around and deliberately bringing weapons to intimidate the locals.  There is nothing about that which suggests that they are in any way interested in helping, they just want to be the 'big guys' who get their faces on the news by talking somberly about the relief efforts while ignoring the knoweldge of experts and locals.  There is nothing well meaning about that. 

And, gosh, it just might happen to raise visibility of their "medical evacuation" business, I mean, charity. Or whatever. 

Bastards.

• Love 18
On 10/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, cmr2014 said:

These people are not terribly bright and are mostly personality-free. They've lived incredibly sheltered lives and for the most part are pretty self-satisfied and uninterested in learning or experiencing anything new. 

Honestly I'm not sure I'd say they are uninterested in not experiencing anything new.  The entire family seems to travel far more than any average family and while they have more opportunities to do so, that in itself is trying something new. Especially when going to other countries. Now when they are at home they seem to stay within their comfort zone but I'm not so sure that's any less than 'normal' families.  I'd say they are fairly naive and are ok with being that way. 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:06 AM, galaxychaser said:

Chick fil a is not even that good. They also brought a ton of chips with them.

They were super delicious until they got rid of their cole slaw. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Honestly I'm not sure I'd say they are uninterested in not experiencing anything new.  The entire family seems to travel far more than any average family and while they have more opportunities to do so, that in itself is trying something new. Especially when going to other countries. Now when they are at home they seem to stay within their comfort zone but I'm not so sure that's any less than 'normal' families.  I'd say they are fairly naive and are ok with being that way. 

I think getting paid to travel makes the difference.  They don't make these extended trips on their own dime.  It's for the show with all of them.  And a lot of them, especially Jim Bob and Michelle are joyfully ignorant.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I think getting paid to travel makes the difference.  They don't make this extended trips on their own dime.  It's for the show with all of them.  And a lot of them, especially Jim Bob and Michelle are joyfully ignorant.

But they could easily say no.  TLC isn't forcing them to travel the world.  They're taking advantage of having it paid for and therefore trying and seeing new things. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

They were super delicious until they got rid of their cole slaw. 

Prior to the show, the Duggars only traveled to Gothard authorized events.  No travel to meet new people, explore new cultures.  No interest in the history and sights except as approved by Gothard.  All the traveling since the show started has been paid for by TLC for filming purposes; mostly because a) The Duggars are dull as dishwater and they’ve run out of local color in NW Arkansas and b) the Duggars are so poorly educated and incurious that TPTB think they’re more entertaining when seen ignorantly encountering new things and meeting new people.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

But they could easily say no.  TLC isn't forcing them to travel the world.  They're taking advantage of having it paid for and therefore trying and seeing new things. 

See @doodlebug's response.  It's better and more through than mine.  The key phrase here with the Duggars is that "they're taking advantage of having it paid for."  No one goes out of their comfort zone for free and when they're around some new place with new food, they don't put forth an effort to enjoy the experience.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 14

The Duggar family contributes to giving Americans a bad reputation as tourists.

JD & Abbie did okay as interested tourists, with the exception of the first responder storyline. 

Typically the Duggars spend their vacations walking around staring at their non-defrauding shoes and pop their heads up to say, we made 19 children or, I have 18 siblings.

• Love 10
On 11/18/2019 at 5:36 AM, galaxychaser said:

What will these stunted Duggar’s do once daddy is too old to tell them what to do/control them?

One of the sons will basically turn into JB.  I've seen it in my own patriarchal family and also in my dad's family.  One son pulls ahead and takes charge.  And siblings fight and flounder too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, louannems said:

One of the sons will basically turn into JB.  I've seen it in my own patriarchal family and also in my dad's family.  One son pulls ahead and takes charge.  And siblings fight and flounder too.  

Makes sense, sadly. Of the Duggar boys, who do you think will turn into king daddy jim bob 2.0?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Makes sense, sadly. Of the Duggar boys, who do you think will turn into king daddy jim bob 2.0?  

I would think JD, but maybe he would put Jana in charge. I could see him letting her be in control if she was married to a husband of his choosing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Jed! or Joe. Those two seem to be the most hardcore believers of the family (at least of the first six boys). I haven't forgotten Joe "encouraging" Joy back into the cult. JD seems to be too laidback and too interested in minding his business. Josh doesn't have the respect to lead the family. And I could see Jessa being that person. 

• Love 9