Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

It drives me nuts that Abbie  considers herself a sparkly, glitter type of girl.  Like I've posted before, I have never seen her wearing anything including a glittery headband or barrette or even earrings that would make her stand out as being a glitter girl (or whatever they call her.)  I don't consider the jewelry she's wearing in the pictures over the top & in the "Glitter Girl" category.  I know the Duggs see things differently but I think Abbie already called herself this before JD arrived on the scene. Maybe she is the most "girlie" of her sisters. 

I love sparkles and glittery stuff, but no, it's not practical in every day life so 99% of the time I'm not around it. I'm drawn to it but I know it's best to not waste my money. 

• Love 10

I am going to have to admit, I think Abbie looks lovely in that dress (top/skirt combo?) and I don't see much wrong with what JD is wearing, but then Mr Jukie wears jeans or shorts all year round, and if he has to wear 'slacks/pants' it is panic stations to try and find them in the wardrobe.

These two come across as a young couple who are enjoying each other, as all newly weds should, they seem to have a genuine connection.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

It looks like Abbie is wearing a "Bates" sisters maxi dress.

And I actually like it. It looks really good on her!! It looks so fresh and modern.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 12
On 8/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, Libby96 said:

These people and their kissing pictures.  It’s like they have to show all the non-marrieds in their group “Look, we can touch, we can kiss!”

And all the social media posting of kisses just screams “See, our archaic courting practices work!  We are so in love!”

I’ve been with the same man for 28 years, married for 26 of them, and the total count of our kissing pictures is one, taken on our wedding day.  (We kissed  before marriage too, shocking, I know.  No pictures of that either.)

The video where they announce the sex is worse, he picks her up and carries her off at the end & they're kissing. Urgh too much for me 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, EVS said:

I’m guessing they will name their daughter Skye or Piper or maybe Amelia. 

Eta: I just noticed that @kaleidoscope already guessed Amelia upthread, so I’ll go with Skye or Piper. 

I honestly don’t think they’re that clever. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 9/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, EVS said:

I’m guessing they will name their daughter Skye or Piper or maybe Amelia. 

Eta: I just noticed that @kaleidoscope already guessed Amelia upthread, so I’ll go with Skye or Piper. 

They should go with a flight theme for all 10 of their upcoming kids. Then down the line we can look forward to little Sopwith Camel, Spruce Goose and Pan Am. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The should go with a flight theme for all 10 of their upcoming kids. Then down the line we can look forward to little Sopwith Camel, Spruce Goose and Pan Am. 

Cessna, Jet-Blue, 747, Wright, Wilber, Orville, TWA, Delta-Dawn, Pilot ...

• LOL 11
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Wasn't it a group called Sopwith Camel that had a hit song about Snoopy and the Red Baron in the 60's?  Or do I have that back-asswards?  I'm old.

There was some Brit band (don't remember the name) that had a song about Snoopy vs. the Red Baron. I'm only very (very very) vaguely familiar with the Sopwith Camel Band -- they did psychedelia, a bit of which I know I've heard, and they were short lived....whether they also had a song about Snoopy or not, I don't know.....Also don't know whether they got the idea for their name from the Peanuts cartoon. They may have just gotten it from the early history of aviation -- which seems to have had kind of a pop-culture heyday in the 60s, if I recall correctly.

.... Returning to topic -- I think it's likely that the Duggarlings haven't heard of at least 90 percent of the potential airplane-connected baby names we're thinking of. 

So they'll probably just go for a Protestant martyr. Like Anne Boleyn Duggar. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

They play the Red Baron song at Christmas time and the band had multiple hits about Snoopy (the dog from Peanuts). 

I think Ruth will be incorporated into the name since Abbie based her wedding vows on the book of Ruth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So they'll probably just go for a Protestant martyr. Like Anne Boleyn Duggar. 

So the Duggars like martyrs? I wonder if anyone of them would willingly die for their beliefs? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Abbie's post (above) about her pregnancy confirms she's due in early January as the FJ poster revealed. The hashtag 25 weeks gives her a due date of January 11 (+- a few days), according to Duggar data. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I know JD is a pilot, but what does he do exactly besides transporting his family and fake mission work?

Does Duggar Aviation make money? Are they allowed to transport people for a fee?

We’d all love to know!  

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I know JD is a pilot, but what does he do exactly besides transporting his family and fake mission work?

Does Duggar Aviation make money? Are they allowed to transport people for a fee?

JD has a commercial license. Don't  know how many/if any of the others do. He can transport people for money. 

They've ferried around various of JB's right-wing acquaintances over the years, it seems. I'm sure those people always forked over money under the table, but in the years since JD's had his commercial license, I'm sure they pay JB officially.  It's pricey to run those planes, land park those planes at various airports, etc.

In the past year, JD and JD/Nathan Bates, at least -- we may not know the extent of this -- have registered some companies with names related to flying and "medic" or "emergency" or "helicopter' or something (don't remember). We learned this from one of the reports about the Bahamas thing......

I'm sure that's because they've have an idea about starting some kind of air ambulance services. Companies like those have made a lot of money in the recent past -- when people in a remote place are desperate to get medical help you can quote an enormous fee and we're all gonna say, yeah, pretty much. Plus, while states have been worrying about the astronomical costs and the safety and so on of these, federal law bars states from regulating any aspect of air travel or business.

It's the kind of thing JB may have had in mind when he started buying up all those planes several years ago, and especially when he (and Bateses) started adding helicopters to their fleets. And definitely something they had in mind to showcase when they did the Bahamas stunt, I think.  They got pictures of them doing vaguely air-ambulance-y stuff there......And they may want to use those for advertising -- they'd have a much harder time taking and publishing pictures like that in the U.S. once they actually became a company -- because then they'd be under HIPAA restrictions. (Plus, with the Bahamas pictures they could claim they're big humanitarians -- which would probably help your business...)

(It may even be something JD/JB had in mind when they thought about all the Gothardite young women JD's met over the years and then suddenly made a beeline to Oklahoma to grab Abby -- the nurse. You need people with some kind of medical training. And they're almost as unlikely to hire "outsiders" as they are to work for outsiders, seems like.)

No information says they've actually started operating such a company at this point. But I'm 90-some-percent sure that they've had that in mind for a while and may do it (or not....)

The healthcare world  and governments are becoming alarmed at the ginormous prices the air-ambulance services are charging (and the prices have actually risen quite a bit as more companies have entered the business, because more companies mean fewer chances at jobs for each company -- and they raise their prices to compensate for the time they spend not transporting people.....You can't just let planes and helicopters sit around airports for free...You have to pay for the parking space and the maintenance even when you're inactive.)

I'm 2000 percent sure that JB was attracted to this because of the lure of easy money.  (that's what has caused the recent boom in the field generally). Of course you can make a ton more transporting sick and injured people than you can just ferrying businessmen around. But it's possible they would hesitate now if there's a chance of real pushback against the high fees or the threat of additional regulation or scrutiny from hospitals and insurers, for example.

Or, any minute now, we'll hear about flights by their air ambulance service. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The healthcare world  and governments are becoming alarmed at the ginormous prices the air-ambulance services are charging (and the prices have actually risen quite a bit as more companies have entered the business, because more companies mean fewer chances at jobs for each company -- and they raise their prices to compensate for the time they spend not transporting people.....You can't just let planes and helicopters sit around airports for free...You have to pay for the parking space and the maintenance even when you're inactive.)

My husband does Stop Loss Medical insurance for a living (don't ask exactly what it is but it has to do with insurance--- lol!). Anyway, he told me that the charges for air ambulances is outrageous and many insurances are not covering or are covering them so poorly people are getting outrageous bills for them. He said if they ever offer to airlift you, say no (if you can) unless you are at the bottom of a canyon! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Or, any minute now, we'll hear about flights by their air ambulance service. 

Don't think so. Way too much regulation and risk of lawsuit in that niche.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Don't think so. Way too much regulation and risk of lawsuit in that niche.

I do think they'll probably ultimately back away. 

But because of Jim Bob's greed and all the things I've mentioned, I'm still 99 percent convinced that starting such a business is exactly what he's been planning. 

Over the past decade or so tons and tons of fools have started air-ambulance companies -- backed by investors figuring they could make a quick big buck. And surprisingly, many of them have. And continue to. That's exactly the kind of bandwagon somebody like Jim Bob would jump onto, especially because he's enamored of flying vehicles.

Now there are too many, and they're raising their prices sky high to compensate for losing some business to competitors, and states are hoping to do something about it.... So Jim Bob's too late to the trough, I think. ....

However, because the feds alone regulate stuff that flies in the air, this sector has been very much the wild west for some years now and continues to be, despite growing worries about it, and, especially, worries about the high prices they're charging-- as "investors" and cowboys of JIm Bob's ilk have crowded into it. Jim Bob would be all over those high prices.

The states still can't do anything to regulate it.  And in an area of sparse population, the money has been there for the taking.  And as long as people aren't crashing all over the place and are delivering people to hospitals, not nearly as many lawsuits as you'd expect have materialized. The big issue has been -- and is -- that the field is getting very very crowded, which, contrary to the way economics usually operates, has driven price way UP --

This has definitely been on JB"s mind, as it's been on the mind of a lot of other get-rich-quick guys who've started these companies. No other reason why JD and Nathan would  recently have been registering companies with medical and flying words in their names. 

I don't think they'll ultimately go through with it. It's drawing a lot of negative attention right now, and I think they'll ultimately be scared off (as they should be.).

But JIm Bob's not that bright.. He's always on the lookout for a moneymaker -- and this has been sold to a lot of people in recent years as a great one. And we saw with the Bahamas episode, for example, that JD and Nathan Bates, among others, are just as arrogant, dumb and delusional as Jim Bob is. 

They probably figured they wouldn't go after real emergencies in remote areas but they'd offer it to people as a better alternative to regular ambulances.....There's concern that many of the current outfits deliberately target people who are only mildly injured or sick or who are in a perfectly car-accessible place -- i.e., the airlift isn't necessary -- and then they bill the person's insurance and, ultimately, the person if, as often happens, the insurer won't pay....

People are getting away with this because states DO regulate any actual medical care you get from your ambulance service. But states are NOT permitted (by federal law) to regulate the PRICES.....

So if you sell your air-ambulance services to people who dont' need much if any medical care -- just a lift to a hospital -- then you're not likely to run into any regulatory or liability issues, since you provided little or no medical care, and you can fleece insurers and individuals for a lot of cash.....with nobody overseeing that aspect of things....

That's a Jim Bob Duggar dream, I think.....However, now that concerns are being raised, it probably doesn't look as enticing as it did even in 2019. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Do the Duggars have a plane to be used as an air ambulance? The one JD is usually flying around in doesn't look suitable for that.

In our area helicopters are mostly used for medical transport, although occasionally a rich person might donate the use of their plane.

With that said, although my state has many rural areas, it's small with a lot of heavily populated areas as well. We also have a few great hospitals in the eastern part of the state.

So I'm guessing things might be "done a little differently" in more rural states.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Do the Duggars have a plane to be used as an air ambulance? The one JD is usually flying around in doesn't look suitable for that.

In our area helicopters are mostly used for medical transport, although occasionally a rich person might donate the use of their plane.

With that said, although my state has many rural areas, it's small with a lot of heavily populated areas as well. We also have a few great hospitals in the eastern part of the state.

So I'm guessing things might be "done a little differently" in more rural states.

They -- and the Bateses -- have been buying and learning to fly helicopters. And they could use their planes to transport people to other cities for health care, dubbing themselves "medical" when they're just running a little private airline......

What I strongly suspect Jim Bob has been planning (to the extent that that word makes any sense) -- after all, he did the big round reno AND threw away his children's food money for a Senate run that literally zero people other than himself thought he could win in a million years  and he had 19 kids that he didn't have means to pay for with a woman who had no "heart for children" -- is to run a sort of scambulance.....

One of the big concerns about this "industry" of late is that some people in rural areas are basically being tricked into using it when such transport is "not medically necessary."

i.e., In rural areas, some scamster comes along and says they'll transport you by air instead of by road to a hospital at a distance that has the facilities you need or want (in rural areas, as we know, hospitals are scarce, hospitals are closing, and the ones that are there usually have a limited number of services compared to facilities in a big city.--)

It'll be easier, quicker, etc., they say, and they tell you that "your insurance will pay for it" even though you're not really an emergency case and air transport is in no way necessary. And then they send a huge bill to the insurer -- and, eventually, to you, when the insurer refuses to pay most of the bill because you could have gotten to the hospital some other, much cheaper, way. 

This is a thing that's been happening among the get-rich-quick crowd. And Jim Bob is an idiot who thinks he's a genius .... And I can't think of any other reason why JD and Nathan Bates have been registering company names that contain words about flying and words about medicine. It also makes the Bahamas scam make sense -- a trial run and a chance to make ads that showcase their  "service" and make them out to be heroes, without running afoul of HIPAA or other laws.  

The Bahamas scam was a scam. And this would be basically a scam, too. But there are a lot of people out there across the country doing it. 

A backlash is starting, though. And that may stop them before they really put it into action. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

How do the Bateses have the money to 'buy helicopters"? Aircraft is not cheap and you don't want to purchase on that is in bad shape. The cost to overhaul is not cheap either and an aircraft must be in tip top condition to fly or it's rather dangerous. UP can't pay them as much as TLC pays 'that other family' with all the kids. We all know Jim Bob is a multi millionaire but Gil Bates was portrayed as not being that financially lucky as his buddy, Jim Bob Duggar. Still, after their UP show, how can they purchase aircraft?

• Love 7
On 10/3/2019 at 9:26 PM, galaxychaser said:

Baby will be named Jetta . Notice not one granddaughter is named Michelle. 

Could you imagine the poor kid named after Michelle, she meets Michelle and thinks wait you named me after her? She nuts. Perhaps when Michelle is dead she’ll get a name sake grandchild.

• LOL 1

I thought they said at the time that he was named for both grandfathers, but I could be wrong. And yes, the using-your-middle-name-as-your-first-son's/daughter's-middle-name does seem to be very popular with the fundies. Josh and Anna did it with both their first daughter and son, and Joe, Jinger, and Joy all did it as well. It'll be interesting to see if JD and Abbie's baby is Whatever Grace.

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

How do the Bateses have the money to 'buy helicopters"? Aircraft is not cheap and you don't want to purchase on that is in bad shape. The cost to overhaul is not cheap either and an aircraft must be in tip top condition to fly or it's rather dangerous. UP can't pay them as much as TLC pays 'that other family' with all the kids. We all know Jim Bob is a multi millionaire but Gil Bates was portrayed as not being that financially lucky as his buddy, Jim Bob Duggar. Still, after their UP show, how can they purchase aircraft?

maybe Mediccorps is going to buy helicopters with the donations to their fake Bahamas charity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought they said at the time that he was named for both grandfathers, but I could be wrong. And yes, the using-your-middle-name-as-your-first-son's/daughter's-middle-name does seem to be very popular with the fundies. Josh and Anna did it with both their first daughter and son, and Joe, Jinger, and Joy all did it as well. It'll be interesting to see if JD and Abbie's baby is Whatever Grace.

Yes Michael James Duggar is named after Michael "Mike" Keller and James "Jim Bob" Duggar. 

That's a good point about middle names. I could easily see Grace being a middle name or even a first name. 

3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Plus I strongly suspect that SiRen's daughter's middle name will be Milagro.

7 hours ago, Puffin said:

Could you imagine the poor kid named after Michelle, she meets Michelle and thinks wait you named me after her? She nuts. Perhaps when Michelle is dead she’ll get a name sake grandchild.

They're waiting for a special needs baby.

What I strongly suspect Jim Bob has been planning (to the extent that that word makes any sense) -- after all, he did the big round reno AND threw away his children's food money for a Senate run that literally zero people other than himself thought he could win in a million years  and he had 19 kids that he didn't have means to pay for with a woman who had no "heart for children" -- is to run a sort of scambulance.....

I put this up there with the theory that Jer's family is secretly rich

6 hours ago, Fosca said:

That's Josh's middle name as well, I wonder whether it's a name-sake for JB or for Josh, or maybe both I guess.

The boy twins both have Robert as the middle name.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1