JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Google image, and companies registered at their address:

70F65087-328F-49EB-8764-124AEFFEF2DC.jpeg

7B89F9A8-6DC2-4533-A3E3-20A57EBE9F72.jpeg

3C7540E1-CE3E-4671-A445-75684343D59A.jpeg

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was  they stole a trailer from the Bahamas.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was  they stole a trailer from the Bahamas.   

25 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

How did they get it here ?  lol

I was just joking in my original post but where there's a Duggar, there could be a way. Maybe somehow involving Joshley's car lot that is under federal investigation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Chicklet said:

More importantly when did Abby get Muppet eyebrows?

They crawled off Ofsmuggar's face and onto Abbie's. (See Smuggar thread in which someone asked what happened to Ofsmuggar's eyebrows.) 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Google image, and companies registered at their address:

70F65087-328F-49EB-8764-124AEFFEF2DC.jpeg

7B89F9A8-6DC2-4533-A3E3-20A57EBE9F72.jpeg

3C7540E1-CE3E-4671-A445-75684343D59A.jpeg

Yikes. I'm all for being creative when finding affordable places to live, but this is beyond odd. Do they live in the small structure? The entire thing looks like it would be in an industrial park. And what is the giant pole? An antenna of some sort?

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I sometimes wonder whether any of them actually owns anything. Or whether the kids are just a set of revolving names JB can move onto and off of property records to hide money and disguise various questionable transactions. 😁

I think that's absolutely what's going on. And in some cases, I wouldn't be surprised if the kids don't even know who legally owns what. They've been brought up to believe that they have no rights as individuals and that Daddy's word is law. With property transfers, as with their TLC contracts, they just sign their names on anything Jim Bob puts in front of them without questions. I don't think you can exaggerate how little agency these supposed adults have over their own lives.

• Love 21
On 12/1/2019 at 7:11 AM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if JD still owns this home. The home that he and Abbie used as their address when they registered to vote.

picture-uh=9ec51ff46117c448353323bbd273d

That looks like a much nicer ranch house vs the construction trailer.  I think Abbie was shown making cookies soon after they were married & she was standing at what looked like an island or open counter in a kitchen.  That kitchen looked different than one shown on nail video. * Maybe they or JB is renting out the orig house like someone said a few posts back. 

I'm sure if JD & Abbie  were  asked about why they live in  trailer,  they would say they are so much in love with each other it doesn't matter where they live. (Just gag me.) 

*for all I know, the cookie making segment could have been done at the guest house we assume the Smuggs live in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2019 at 7:11 AM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if JD still owns this home. The home that he and Abbie used as their address when they registered to vote.

picture-uh=9ec51ff46117c448353323bbd273d

It seems it was mentioned around the time John and Abbie got engaged that John's ranch house was being rented by the Duggars' sweet friends the Day family.

We have often speculated whether JD was actually living at home until his marriage.

I wonder if he has been living in this trailer for a while.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

JD always has his hands all over Abbie in every picture. I get claustrophobic looking at it--it would drive me crazy to have someone that handsy around me 24/7. 

Agree. I bet he clutches her all night long while breathing in her face. Blech.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Well JD learned how to act as a married man from Boob, who always is clutching  Meechelle. It would drive me crazy but maybe fundie women like it. Or just tolerate it since the headship is always right.

• Love 12

I think all the Duggar’s are attention/affection starved. It’s really sad. I doubt the parents can even name 3 things each of their offspring likes.  Not even a pet of their own or a friend.

Example: JD loves cheesecake, his favorite color is red and he wants to be a real police officer when he grows up.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

That's what drove me nuts about the marriage retreat episode. Every time they showed the couples together on the couches, each couple seemed to be mawing one another. It's one thing to hold hands or lay your hand on your partner's leg, but I just can't with all their touching. We understand & don't need to see it all the time. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

That's what drove me nuts about the marriage retreat episode. Every time they showed the couples together on the couches, each couple seemed to be mawing one another. It's one thing to hold hands or lay your hand on your partner's leg, but I just can't with all their touching. We understand & don't need to see it all the time. 

It's all they know. They are the children of 'Mr and Mrs dry humping on the mini golf course.'

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's all they know. They are the children of 'Mr and Mrs dry humping on the mini golf course.'

No kidding. I can't stand to watch more than a few minutes of any episodes of this show, and that's been true from way back in the 19K&C days. I still remember tuning in to watch an episode which I think was not long after The Sex Pest married Anna. The scene was I think the living room of the TTH - it was furnished with some leather sofas, maybe sectionals. JB and Meech were there, and the Smugs, and I think they were visited by David and Priscilla Waller. Anyway, there were two or three couples there, it seemed to be just an ordinary afternoon, and the Howlers were running around, and OMG! ALL those couples were just ALL OVER each other. It was ridiculous! Lap sitting, hand holding, kissing, pawing. Like, we might not understand that they are FINE CHRISTIAN people, who have been MATCHED UP BY GOD into HOLY MATRIMONY to GLORIFY GOD  in Jesus' name - and they are MADLY IN LOVE. It was gag-worthy. 

I posted about it at the time, which must have been two or three websites ago, lol.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

OMG all that touching from JD - it would drive me nuts!  I am your average affectionate person and don't mind minimal PDA by Mr. lookeyloo, but, if he kept pawing me all the time I'd have to deck him.  Good grief!  We know you are married.  We know you have had sex. We know your wife is pregnant, assumed by you. She didn't exactly have a zillion suitors (what is the courtship equivalent, courters?) and didn't think she'd ever get married.  I don't think she is going anywhere.  Give it a rest!!!!

This is what happens when a physically and intellectually normal late-20-something man with the emotional development, sophistication, knowledge of human behavior and interpersonal and sexual experience of a 12-year-old gets married. To someone he was barely allowed to get to know before the wedding, let alone touch much. And the only actual married male role model he's ever had is Jim Bob. 

Pitiful. Luckily, Abby probably doesn't really know much better. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

The Bates family does the same thing with 'all the touching'. You hardly EVER see Gil and Kelly without their hands on each other's thigh, handholding, or leaning up against each other in their TH segments. The same goes for their married children. Yes, quite annoying and unnecessary. It must be a 'cult thing'.

• Love 18
On 12/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, lookeyloo said:

OMG all that touching from JD - it would drive me nuts!  I am your average affectionate person and don't mind minimal PDA by Mr. lookeyloo, but, if he kept pawing me all the time I'd have to deck him.  Good grief!  We know you are married.  We know you have had sex. We know your wife is pregnant, assumed by you. She didn't exactly have a zillion suitors (what is the courtship equivalent, courters?) and didn't think she'd ever get married.  I don't think she is going anywhere.  Give it a rest!!!!

JD has literally never touched another human -- much less a girl. I think he (and his siblings) are sensory deprived and attention starved. They also, as a group, lack empathy. So JD is desperate for physical affection, doesn't really spend a lot of time thinking about how other people feel, and watched his father paw his mother non-stop for 30 years. She'll be lucky to get a breath of air in this relationship.

On the other hand, I think that having your husband pawing you non-stop is a status symbol in their world -- so a win for Abbie?

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

JD has literally never touched another human -- much less a girl. I think he (and his siblings) are sensory deprived and attention starved.

Yup I agree. I am NOT a touchy person (it’s actually my last love language), but I can see if you ARE someone who longs for physical affection (even a platonic/friendly variety), growing up in that family would leave you feeling touch deprived. Also he’s a newlywed in the throws of  “new relationship energy”, he and Abbie didn’t know each other very long before they married. So long as Abbie is fine with it (and it looks like she is), I think it is fine and will likely taper off in the next couple of years. 

• Love 9