Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Any famous missionary pilots? If there's gonna be a namesake, that'll be who it will be. And Jill Rodrigues will cry herself to sleep at night that Tim didn't get off his ass and get married in time to name his kid after a missionary pilot first. 

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Any famous missionary pilots? If there's gonna be a namesake, that'll be who it will be. And Jill Rodrigues will cry herself to sleep at night that Tim didn't get off his ass and get married in time to name his kid after a missionary pilot first. 

The End of the Spear guys - Nate Saint, Jim Elliot, etc - would fit the bill. Famous missionary pilot and crew who died in the field. Elizabeth Elliot is Jim's widow and a well-known author in the evangelical community. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

The End of the Spear guys - Nate Saint, Jim Elliot, etc - would fit the bill. Famous missionary pilot and crew who died in the field. Elizabeth Elliot is Jim's widow and a well-known author in the evangelical community. 

We already have Spurgeon Elliot. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Oh that's right--I'd heard of Jim Elliot but didn't quite realize he was a pilot. None of those names feminize well. Hmm Back to the drawing board. 😂

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I am waiting for an Elisabeth. I thought the Seewalds would go there with a girl. 

Elizabeth could also pay homage to Elizabeth "Betty" Greene, a decorated pilot who was very early missionary pilot.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Grace Michelle and their first boy will be David James. 

OMG I totally have a neighbor who goes by JD who named his kid a name that's initialed as DJ. I can see this when they have a boy. And I think that's a pretty good guess on a girl's name too. 

• Love 4

I previously guessed something like Adalie Grace, and it wouldn't surprise me if they went with Amelia.  Maybe:

Ada Grace or Ada Ruth

Ruthanne Grace 

(The Maxwells have a granddaughter named Ruthanne, daughter of Christopher and Anna Marie.)

• Love 1

The puritan name thing reminds me of a character from a book named Visit-the-infidels-with-explanitory-pamphlets.  lol

My niece is named Grace Elizabeth and I really, REALLY, rooted for them to make it Elizabeth Grace instead, which just flows better.  I can see either of these for the Jabby babby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, ouinason said:

The puritan name thing reminds me of a character from a book named Visit-the-infidels-with-explanitory-pamphlets.  lol

😂

Thou-Shalt-Avert-Thine-Eyes-When-Encountering--Skimpily-Clad-Harlots Duggar. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Jennie Garth's oldest daughter is Luca Bella, and Kristen Bell has a daughter named Delta.  It's not like these two would know who they are though.  

I'm personally lobbying for Southwest or Spirit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Jennie Garth's oldest daughter is Luca Bella, and Kristen Bell has a daughter named Delta.  It's not like these two would know who they are though.  

I'm personally lobbying for Southwest or Spirit.

Luka (with the k) is an eastern European male name. I have one on the in law's side of the family, complete with accompanying Serbian surname. 😁

On 12/30/2019 at 8:53 PM, JoanArc said:

NIKE!  but very funny.

How about Windy Duggar?

Sometimes it's neat to be named after someone famous:

My first name was going to be Glenn if I had been a boy.  Named after John Glenn who orbited the Earth in February 1962 three days before I was born.  I always thought that was cool. BTW my parents had no space connections but just liked the name & it went well with our last name which also ended in double Ns. 

And sometimes it's not:

Mr Barb and I decided on Brian as a first name for our son. Mr Barb is a huge Beach Boy fan. He really wanted  Wilson as Son of Barb's middle name & thought it was cool Son would share the name as the famous Beach Boy Brian Wilson.  I was really undecided because Wilson is a family name on my side so it wouldn't seem that bad.  We finally decided we couldn't do that to Son. He would probably have hated his name & the Beach Boys (which isn't allowed in our house) so we ended up choosing another middle name that has been used on both sides of our families.   Son of Barb is glad we did but likes to tell the story of how he was almost named after a Beach Boy.  

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I sincerely doubt they know anything about Amelia Earhart or would be clever enough to choose a flight related name. A biblical, trendy name is my guess. Grace, Hannah, Ada, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'd also be shocked they ever learned about Amelia Earheart.  Where would they have learned about her?  I doubt she was the topic of a wisdom booklet.  Was Abbie home schooled as well?

If they do know about her, it's probably the bare minimum facts: a pants-wearing female aviator who got lost a long, long time ago.  Not the hero she is.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

If they do know about her, it's probably the bare minimum facts: a pants-wearing female aviator who got lost a long, long time ago. 

And they would probably regard her fate as a just punishment for flouting God's plan and taking on a man's role in the world.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'd also be shocked they ever learned about Amelia Earheart.  Where would they have learned about her?  I doubt she was the topic of a wisdom booklet.  Was Abbie home schooled as well?

If they do know about her, it's probably the bare minimum facts: a pants-wearing female aviator who got lost a long, long time ago.  Not the hero she is.

Up until the last few months, there was literally a picture of Abbie's family on the ATI website. ATI is the homeschooling branch of IBLP. So yes Abbie was homeschooled.

She also went on to became LPN. She also wears pants herself. There was a picture of her wearing pants while standing with John and some friends including some of the Bates sons. 

I have no idea how much they know about Amelia Earhart. They might know enough to know she was a pilot.  I don't think her pants wearing would matter much to JD and Abbie. I'm not sure Amelia Earhart was particularly religious. She also went by her maiden name. Most fundies seem taking the husband's name as important for headship reasons.  (The Duggar girls refer to themselves by their married names. Sometimes they might use Duggar as a middle name or second middle name. The press refers to them as Duggars so people know who they are.)  So yes if I were the Duggars Amelia Earhart wouldn't be someone I'd name my kid after, but they may enough to know who she is and not enough to know why they wouldn't like her. 

• Love 3

Piper would also work as a reference to the great theologian John Piper. I named a girl cat after him once. (My friend named his black Labrador John Knox. Our circle had many Calvinist pets in college.)

When I think of “pilot” and “missionary,” all I can picture is Homer Simpson yelling “Save me, Jebus!” Jebus Duggar. I’d say it’s too close to Jed but this family consciously named their children Janna, Joy Anna, and Johanna, so I doubt they care about that. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

John David or David John will be son #1.

I'm still holding out for Pilot Duggar. Constable Duggar will work too. It's not like the Duggar offspring are separate beings from their parents anyway.

Would be horrid to have a phobia of flying and be born to these two. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Airwrecka

this is my personal fav as it was seen in a caption on local news - screen shot sent to many erica/erikas to let them know their parents spelled their name so wrong

unique spelling and sadly aviation -ish 😂

• LOL 12

Less than 2 weeks before seems a strange time to have a shower, what if Abbie was in labor during her shower. Usually if the shower is scheduled ahead of the baby arriving, it's scheduled for a month ahead when it's less likely to have a child.  

Is it just me or do most of the shower attendants look like little kids? Usually there would be more moms, women the same age. Although it's hard to tell if those are young mom or just sullen teenagers. 

I don't mind not reconizing people; hopefully those are Abbie's friends. I wonder if she had another shower with friends from home or church (JD and Abbie go to a different church than his parents.) since this shower seems to be kind of small. 

Is that Kendra in the bottom right corner of the photo?

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

After watching JD and Abbie during the marriage retreat, I think JD will be naming this kid. Maybe Grace-Marie Michelle Duggar. After Abbie, Jana and mom.

Marie would also honor Mary Duggar. 

• Love 5

Poor Abbie. Immediately after the holidays is the worst possible time to have any event. People are burnt out, and the last thing they want to do is be bothered with buying yet another gift and attending yet another party. If you take away the children, it looks like there's barely half a dozen people there. It also looks like they were expecting a lot more guests given the amount of food (and we all know Duggars aren't exactly known for generous spreads). What a bummer. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Michelle looks like a hot mess. Notice Jessa's hair in her plate.

I don't think that's a plate. I think Jessa might be the list maker noting what the gifts are and who gave them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7