Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh rats. The ad is gone. I'll take y'all's word on it.

A still

It's basically water, fruit juice, herbs. Gripe water and the like. Placebos or watered 'supportive' treatments. Abby should be ashamed, because JD can't be! Just sell some young living oils and call it a life. Sheesh.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd be a grumpy side-eyeing pill too if I had to wear that gigantic bow. 

Yeah I'd have a major case of Baby Resting Bitch Face too if I had to deal with these people every day too. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, despite Abbie's LPN training, it looks like she's going all woo with the "natural, organic" stuff? What's next? Plexus and essential oils?

There are idiots with medical training everywhere. I know a PA who thinks the flu vaccine is designed to make money for Big Pharma. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

TLC released it on their website a couple of weeks ago, but my DVR picked up TLC's airing last night. I hope dumping them in that Saturday at 10 timeslot is a harbinger of things to come. 

Maybe TLC knows what homeland security was really investigating.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I haven't seen the birth eposide of baby Gracie yet . Did Abbie's mom/sister fly over to Ark in time for the delivery?

For the daughter-in-law's (daughter-in-love according to Kelli Bates), I prefer the birth mom's family to be center stage... as good or bad as they may be in the birthing room... Michelle/Jana/Jill have plenty of their own blood mommies to tend to.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I finally watched that birth special, if you can call it that. Wow, such under-enthusiasm. This looked like everyone in front of AND BEHIND THE CAMERAS were totally bored. A snoozer for sure. The interest in their labors and deliveries is dying down rapidly IMO.

• Love 16

Saw the eposide...anyone else catch how Lauren  managed to let it be known/reminded that her epidural didn't  take ?  do how many opportunities are we going to have to hear her whine about her delivery? She can really bring down a moment.

Feeling a little sad Jinger wasn't there.

Was Jessa's daughter trying to sign with her fingers? Those little fingers were really moving- almost at the rate jessa was speaking 🤣🤣

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

IIRC Jinger is not into watching or being around labor and delivery. She may actually be relieved to be far away from the never ending births.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

What was Michelle so busy doing that she couldn't make a cheese run? That sounds like the perfect  request / errand/wild-goose-chase to her to get out of Abbie  way. might need to borrow that ploy myself- have someone  runaround late after pepperjack...

Jana and the entragouge of young girls..looked odd to me..not sure why...maybe that job needs to passed down to Joy?...one of the girls has gotten  quite  tall.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I go back and forth between giving Abbie kudos for insisting on privacy during her delivery and then thinking JD demanded the privacy because he wasn't going to let anyone see HIS wife's lady parts.

What we don't know is ..will there be a 2hr special next season with more detail. We know TLC and the Duggars love the backwards filming- show a preview and the next season's finale is an expanded  version of was already  aired.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Saw the eposide...anyone else catch how Lauren  managed to let it be known/reminded that her epidural didn't  take ?  do how many opportunities are we going to have to hear her whine about her delivery? She can really bring down a moment.

How many more Duggarling births will there be?

There will be an infinite number of opportunities for her to tell that story over and over.  Hopefully, the show will go off of the air at least before we've had to hear it at the 30th grand-Duggar birth.  

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I go back and forth between giving Abbie kudos for insisting on privacy during her delivery and then thinking JD demanded the privacy because he wasn't going to let anyone see HIS wife's lady parts.

Maybe it was both.  Maybe Abbie wanted some privacy and used JD's possessive streak to get him to advocate with Big Boss JB that Abbie wasn't going to be home-birthing on the toilet for the cameras to see. In either case, I'm glad Abbie didn't have to be subjected to that. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, sATL said:

What we don't know is ..will there be a 2hr special next season with more detail. We know TLC and the Duggars love the backwards filming- show a preview and the next season's finale is an expanded  version of was already  aired.

Not for the birth specials. Those have re-aired as-is.

23 hours ago, sATL said:

Was Jessa's daughter trying to sign with her fingers? Those little fingers were really moving- almost at the rate jessa was speaking 🤣🤣

I was just impressed that she didn't mention Asa - at least that I remember. 

Jessa's daughter was sending messages through the television for a rescue. 

• LOL 6
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

Michelle... no high pitched moaning... make your lips soft...soft low moan..

Refresh my memory - did the pitch of the moan help with labor ???

I thought that was Abbie's mother who was saying that. And I too wondered if that was supposed to help Abbie? or did her mom or Michelle think Abbie shouldn't "carry on" so much? I hope that wasn't the reason!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Michelle... no high pitched moaning... make your lips soft...soft low moan..

Refresh my memory - did the pitch of the moan help with labor ???

Reddit  has video of Michelle‘s birthing advice played over John David and Abby‘s first kiss. It may be the most disturbing thing I’ve ever heard.

• LOL 12
On 2/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessa: “I’m trying to figure out who she looks like cause y’all have similar features.” 

She has no chill. 💀 

😂I'm so glad someone in that family said it. 

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I thought that was Abbie's mother who was saying that. And I too wondered if that was supposed to help Abbie? or did her mom or Michelle think Abbie shouldn't "carry on" so much? I hope that wasn't the reason!

I haven't given birth (hysterectomy), but I do remember in some pain situations (kidney stone that was lodged and a long drive to the hospital) I was told to "deepen my moan," as I tensed my body with the sounds that were higher pitched and came from my throat or chest. If I moaned lower, I had to open my mouth and not scrunch up my face and thereby tense up. It also was a distraction to deal with that rather than thinking about the pain. 

• Useful 11
On 3/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, galaxychaser said:

Abbys hair is awful. Wash it girl! 

I'll give a pass to any recently postpartum mom. From everything I've heard, and witnessed, about new moms, even having 5 minutes to get a shower once a week is friggin' HARD. 

• Love 20