Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I think it's just styling product. The kind that get crunchy.

I think she uses too much or the wrong kind.  I can very easily make my freshly washed hair look like that if I use the wrong product or use too much of it.

13 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

Does it look like Abbie’s hair is straighter on the top of her head - like she needs a new perm? All along I thought her curls were natural.

My hair is naturally curly but the weight of my hair pulls most of the curl out of the first few inches by my scalp.  But I have tight spiral curls after that.  My hair is probably a little shorter than Abbie's too.   But I don't know if hers is a perm or natural.  I'm just saying it can happen naturally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

Does it look like Abbie’s hair is straighter on the top of her head - like she needs a new perm? All along I thought her curls were natural.

I believe her curls are natural. That can happen (Straighter at the top of your head) with just styling products or what day you are on of your wash & go. Curly hair is versatile like that. 

• Love 9

JD looks really happy in the family photos from Easter. Glad that at least one of the duggar offspring is having a happy marriage. Of course, it's a male who's thrilled with marital life; he now has a woman to make sure his every need is met. I'm curious if any of the Duggar females are ever going to be as happy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

JD looks really happy in the family photos from Easter. Glad that at least one of the duggar offspring is having a happy marriage. Of course, it's a male who's thrilled with marital life; he now has a woman to make sure his every need is met. I'm curious if any of the Duggar females are ever going to be as happy. 

I think Jinger is pretty happy with Jeremy. He’s giving her the life she wanted, they have sexual chemistry (we can see it on the screen), and she gets to be a Mom without having to pump out a baby every year (like it looks like Kendra and Joy-Anna may end up doing). 

I think JD and Abbie are pretty compatible personality wise and being slightly older at the age they got married helps, but they are still each other’s first romantic relationship- I’m sure they will grow into a rhythm of parenthood, marriage etc. I don’t think JD would ever mistreat or be cruel to Abby, or coerce her into having children. Knowing Abby landed that kind of man in their social circle, in addition to actually liking his personality, I bet she’s pleased as punch too.

But I don’t think heteronormative marriage is ever as advantageous for women as it is for men (on a broad scale, of course people are individuals and there are exceptions to everything). 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jinger is pretty happy with Jeremy. He’s giving her the life she wanted, they have sexual chemistry (we can see it on the screen), and she gets to be a Mom without having to pump out a baby every year (like it looks like Kendra and Joy-Anna may end up doing). 

I think JD and Abbie are pretty compatible personality wise and being slightly older at the age they got married helps, but they are still each other’s first romantic relationship- I’m sure they will grow into a rhythm of parenthood, marriage etc. I don’t think JD would ever mistreat or be cruel to Abby, or coerce her into having children. Knowing Abby landed that kind of man in their social circle, in addition to actually liking his personality, I bet she’s pleased as punch too.

But I don’t think heteronormative marriage is ever as advantageous for women as it is for men (on a broad scale, of course people are individuals and there are exceptions to everything). 

I agree with all this. I think Joy and Austin seem pretty happy with each other too. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Agreed...but wait until they have a few more babies with no end in sight.

I somehow picture Joy and Austin being able to realize that pushing out a blessing for Jesus annually is not conducive to their lifestyle and being able to rationalize using contraception at some point.  Not that they won't have 4 or 5 kids, because I think they will;  just at some point, they are going to bring the baby train into the station and leave it there rather than going for double digits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think the Duggar couples are all happy in their marriages. Their hopes, dreams and expectations of marriage are not the same as mine, but they all got what they were looking for in regard to partners, with the exception of Ben and Anna.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Agreed...but wait until they have a few more babies with no end in sight.

For that matter, I wonder whether circumstances will affect how happy the other couples remain over time? Jing and Her seem pretty happy right now, but I don't see their lifestyle as being something they can maintain without them actually working at some point. 

I actually think that Jill and Derick seem as though they are growing together more. It seems as though things were quite strained there for a while, but Derick seems to interact more with the boys now that they are becoming "people" rather than babies (Mr. Jyn was rather the same way), and breaking away from the family seems to have done them good, though I still don't know how they are managing to afford a new house and law school.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I actually think that Jill and Derick seem as though they are growing together more. It seems as though things were quite strained there for a while, but Derick seems to interact more with the boys now that they are becoming "people" rather than babies (Mr. Jyn was rather the same way), and breaking away from the family seems to have done them good, though I still don't know how they are managing to afford a new house and law school.

Yes it seems Derick can relate more with the boys now.

lots of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc are like that

Derick has things he learned/enjoyed as a boy he wants to teach them now that they are getting to the right age.  Izzy is at a great age for that

it is nice to see that in the fishing pics they seemed happy. Izzy didn't have that "scared of doing something wrong look" on his face that we have seen in the past

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the Duggar couples are all happy in their marriages. Their hopes, dreams and expectations of marriage are not the same as mine, but they all got what they were looking for in regard to partners, with the exception of Ben and Anna.

That's probably true, but I'd also add Josiah to the exception list. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's probably true, but I'd also add Josiah to the exception list. 

I feel a bit uncomfortable speculating on someone's sexuality but, if Josiah is gay, in his world this is probably the best he can do. He's probably happy to have a partner to share life with.

If Josiah's hetero, then yes, he definitely got the short straw. I think I block Lauren out of my brain because she gives me cringey feelings. lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel a bit uncomfortable speculating on someone's sexuality but, if Josiah is gay, in his world this is probably the best he can do. He's probably happy to have a partner to share life with.

If Josiah's hetero, then yes, he definitely got the short straw. I think I block Lauren out of my brain because she gives me cringey feelings. lol

Yeah I honestly am not sure if Josiah is gay either. In the one episode I watched--the marriage retreat one--I had so much secondhand embarrassment for him. That girl is such a drama llama. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I honestly am not sure if Josiah is gay either. In the one episode I watched--the marriage retreat one--I had so much secondhand embarrassment for him. That girl is such a drama llama. 

She's young and maybe she'll grow out of it. I hope so. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

She's young and maybe she'll grow out of it. I hope so. 

God, I hope so. Her melodramatically lying on the couch with her back to everyone was some next level shit. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Besides being young and immature, I think Lauren is not coping well with her fall in status. In her birth family she was the oldest child and daughter by several years. She got the individual attention the oldest usually gets, plus given how much these families rely on the older kids to help with the younger ones, she was probably somewhat of an authority figure. Then she marries Josiah and he's use to ignoring all his older sisters. Nothing she does is special to the Duggars since they already have a lot of in-laws, babies, and fashionably dressed young women. She had an early miscarriage, but then Joy's miscarriage produced an actual baby. She had her parents first grandchild, but almost all of her husband's married siblings had babies at the same time. I bet she thought that being a Duggar would be exciting, but the most fun thing they do is go to the TTH and hang out with her inlaws. 

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

Besides being young and immature, I think Lauren is not coping well with her fall in status. In her birth family she was the oldest child and daughter by several years. She got the individual attention the oldest usually gets, plus given how much these families rely on the older kids to help with the younger ones, she was probably somewhat of an authority figure. Then she marries Josiah and he's use to ignoring all his older sisters. Nothing she does is special to the Duggars since they already have a lot of in-laws, babies, and fashionably dressed young women. She had an early miscarriage, but then Joy's miscarriage produced an actual baby. She had her parents first grandchild, but almost all of her husband's married siblings had babies at the same time. I bet she thought that being a Duggar would be exciting, but the most fun thing they do is go to the TTH and hang out with her inlaws. 

And she’s married to Josiah, who has never been one of his parents’ favorites and who never received much from them. I think she was shocked to learn how far down on the Duggar pecking order she really is.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

Besides being young and immature, I think Lauren is not coping well with her fall in status . . .. Nothing she does is special to the Duggars since they already have a lot of in-laws, babies, and fashionably dressed young women. . . .

@Nysha, I agree with all you said but I'm not sure the Duggs have all that many fashionably dressed young women. 😂

IMO all the Duggar daughters with the exception of Jinger are far from fashionable. The DILs are outpacing the Duggarlings in the style department, but except for Lauren and Kendra, IMO they aren't far out in front. Anna's not doing badly and I think Abbie's just sort of un-obnoxiously average, which actually is better than most Duggar daughters. I think Lauren's usually better styled than the rest of the pack, or maybe she ties with Kendra. 

And despite the recent heavy push to market Jana on social media, she usually looks like a frumpy 40-something, with the dresses over jeans or leggings and the rest of the Duggar-ordained schmatta. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

Taking my response to Josiah & Lauren’s thread. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think it’s clean, but she’s got hair gel on it to tame the curls.

It may we'll look a lot better in person than it does in a still photo. I know from my own hair that a defined curl which looks soft and springy in a mirror suddenly photographs looking stiff and crunchy.

• Love 4

That was about the most personalized, intimate birthday tribute from a Duggar I've seen. And it's for a daughter-in-law, not one of the offspring of JB and M! Guess now that JD has taken the mantle of eldest Duggar son on after Josh's misdeeds, his spouse is the favored in-law? 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

That was about the most personalized, intimate birthday tribute from a Duggar I've seen. And it's for a daughter-in-law, not one of the offspring of JB and M! Guess now that JD has taken the mantle of eldest Duggar son on after Josh's misdeeds, his spouse is the favored in-law? 

I was thinking the same. That's probably one of the few Duggar birthday tributes that sounded authentic. I wonder if Jana wrote it? It would make sense she'd have a soft spot for Abbie, seeing her twin brother so happy. 

• Love 22

I know they are combining different purposes in one room (nursery, office & guest room) but I feel sorry for Gracie as her nursery doesn't seem to get top billing.  Couldn't they have found a small sleeper type sofa instead of a full size bed?  How about one of those cabinets that fold out to be a desk/office? Her changing table is a changing cushion on top of shelves ("our desk") right next to the printer!   It doesn't look like there is room for a rocking chair or I'm sure they would have shown it. 

I also wonder why almost four month old Gracie still sleeps in John & Abbie's bedroom? (Abbie said she barely uses the crib, maybe for a few naps.)Maybe for convenience for night feedings? Does she sleep in a Pack & Play in their room? I would think by four months Gracie would need a nice quiet room to sleep in. 

• Love 2