Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

A lot of people do that. Personally, I think it’s dangerous. The baby could take it off and swallow it.

They are usually screw on “baby backs” so there is no post to poke them (they are also hard AF to get off, it’s a two hand coordinated job) and when you do them young the babies don’t typically mess with them at all. The infection rate is low and a lot of doctors will do them for babies now. 

I like that Abby pierced her ears, The kiddult Dugs didn’t have them and it shows she has input into her child, it’s not all boob and Michele. 

• Love 13

When my teenage girls decided to pierce their ears, I took them to a profession piercing salon.  The owner did not allow any piercings for children under 7 and for older children, she required a conversation directly with the child to gauge their desire for the procedure.   It was super professional and I was impressed with their sterile procedure and technique.   

While some pediatricians do offer piercing in the office, I imagine Abbie just took the baby to Claires.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Bewitched said:

When my teenage girls decided to pierce their ears, I took them to a profession piercing salon.  The owner did not allow any piercings for children under 7 and for older children, she required a conversation directly with the child to gauge their desire for the procedure.   It was super professional and I was impressed with their sterile procedure and technique.   

While some pediatricians do offer piercing in the office, I imagine Abbie just took the baby to Claires.

My daughter got her ears pierced when she turned 9 (for her birthday). and we did hers at Claire's. I got a second piercing in my ears at the same time. No problem at all for either of us. I think it's more about the upkeep than where you actually get a needle stuck through your earlobe. Unless you go somewhere truly filthy, I don't see that there's any reason the procedure itself would result in infection. Of course, I may be wrong, so someone is welcome to explain the differences to me. It just seems that as long as you keep it clean as it heals after the fact, it should be a fairly safe thing regardless of whether a doctor or a store which does them probably daily and would no doubt have been shut down if there was any history of things going wrong actually does the deed.

• Love 7

JD & Abbie’s daughter is very cute. Do you think Abbie will be in the next wave of pregnancies? We have Joy and Jinger (which given that Jinger wasn’t in the Fall 2019 wave, and Joy’s loss that makes sense), but I think a summer/fall 2021 wave is on the horizon. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

JD & Abbie’s daughter is very cute. Do you think Abbie will be in the next wave of pregnancies? We have Joy and Jinger (which given that Jinger wasn’t in the Fall 2019 wave, and Joy’s loss that makes sense), but I think a summer/fall 2021 wave is on the horizon. 

It'll likely be a big birth year for Fundies. Alyssa Bates is due in February and Nurie will probably be due in the spring. If Abbie, Anna, Lauren, Kendra and Jessa and a Bates sister or two become pregnant, there could be one a month from February on.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

We've had a constant wave since Jessa became pregnant with Ivy. At least one Duggar has been pregnant since then. When Jinger gave birth to Felicity, there were no pregnant Duggars. Then Jessa had Ivy, while she was pregnant Kendra, Lauren, etc. announced for November. Then Abbie announced for January. Joy told Austin in December she was pregnant with this baby. Abbie had Grace in January. Jinger announced she was pregnant in May. So we're still one big wave until there is a time where no one is pregnant. (Which may happen in November or not). 

We have still have time for a lot of spring or even late winter babies. I would be very surprised if John and Abbie didn't have number 2 by the end of 2021 although I respect their right to make their own decisions. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

We've had a constant wave since Jessa became pregnant with Ivy. At least one Duggar has been pregnant since then. When Jinger gave birth to Felicity, there were no pregnant Duggars. Then Jessa had Ivy, while she was pregnant Kendra, Lauren, etc. announced for November. Then Abbie announced for January. Joy told Austin in December she was pregnant with this baby. Abbie had Grace in January. Jinger announced she was pregnant in May. So we're still one big wave until there is a time where no one is pregnant. (Which may happen in November or not). 

We have still have time for a lot of spring or even late winter babies. I would be very surprised if John and Abbie didn't have number 2 by the end of 2021 although I respect their right to make their own decisions. 

You’re right- I should’ve been more clear in my post, I mean the next wave of births. Given that a human pregnancy lasts 40weeks (give or take) I can see ALWAYS having a pregnant Duggar or in law for the next 30years (as the younger boys get married and the lost girls have kids). 

But that cluster of babies born in the fall was a “wave” as I was thinking of it. Having a bunch of Duggar grandbabies due within an 6week or 8week time span is going to happen again. 

• Love 9

Yes, that's the same plane I saw. And yes, the wedding was Saturday in Washington, IA. It was one of the four seater planes (can't track the big one anymore). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

though Jeremiah is registered to vote at JED!'s address he has 5 or 6 LLC's registered at the TTH address

Corporation Name CESSNA 172 N84309 LLC

Fictitious Names

Filing #811253310

Filing Type Limited Liability Company

Filed under Act Domestic LLC; 1003 of 1993

Status Good Standing

Principal Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Reg. Agent JEREMIAH DUGGAR

Agent Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed07/09/2020

OfficersJ EREMIAH DUGGAR , Incorporator/Organizer

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Now that I've been educated on the handiness of laundry bins to help keep babies in one place, I understand why they brought one for Gracie. What I don't understand is leaving it perched precariously on two beams at the bottom of the boat. One little jolt and that basket falls between them and Gracie could hit her head on the bin, the bottom of the boat, etc. Do better, Duggars.

I am glad to see Abbie and Gracie in life vests, but JD should be in one, too. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Fictitious Names

Filing #811253310

Status Good Standing

Principal Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Agent Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed07/09/2020

They spit out LLC's at the same rate as they do children!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

though Jeremiah is registered to vote at JED!'s address he has 5 or 6 LLC's registered at the TTH address

Fictitious Names

Filing #811253310

Status Good Standing

Principal Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Agent Address
SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed07/09/2020

That's the plane that went to Iowa. 

56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe we should all quit our jobs and start our own online LCC. A private investigation service.

We just need a good name, to go along with all the different strengths and talents this bunch of posters have.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe we should all quit our jobs and start our own online LCC. A private investigation service.

We just need a good name, to go along with all the different strengths and talents this bunch of posters have.

I'm more in support of this idea than is strictly emotionally healthy. It would be so much fun!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

i only looked at the 3 planes in Jeer's LLCs because one said registration pending last time I looked and I wondered if it was put in Jeer's name or in the Learn to Fly Here LLC.  today all 3 planes are still registered to Duggar Aviation.

CESSNA 172 N734UE LLC

CESSNA 172 N84309 LLC

CESSNA 210 N3309S LLC

• Useful 3

Those are the planes that are still trackable. They removed the big plane and the first 4-seater a while back. I remember tracking the main plane to Smuggar's bible rehab before anyone knew what was going on. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa!  Too close to home!  Not revealing my husband's clever name for his LLC.  🤔

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You aren't suggesting we become part of Jim Bob's LLC stable, are you? 😁

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Snarks and snoops LCC?

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Wouldn't that plastic bin get really hot?  

Just asking for Gracie's sake.  

Wonder if maybe they just put her in there for very limited amounts of time -- like for a couple minutes when they're occupied elsewhere, taking this picture and the like? That's what I'd hope, anyway.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

Grace has a life preserver unlike her cousin Addison. 

Good on you Abbie and John!

And a decent sun hat unlike virtually all of her other cousins!  Wanna bet she's wearing sunscreen, too?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I know this is petty but I expected JD to have a bigger boat, not a dinghy.  

IIRC the Dillards borrowed Joe’s boat awhile back. The adventure where they scared the hell out of Izzy and threw a chicken carcass overboard. It was a good size for their family.

I like the laundry basket hack not sure about the storage container. However, I would put a cushion for the baby.

• Love 4

A plastic storage container is more likely to float, even with some weight in it, than a laundry basket with the same weight.  All those holes in the basket would swamp it much faster.  She's safer in the box.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Zella said:

What's wrong with looking like Abbie? She's not Helen of Troy, but she also doesn't look like Quasimodo either. She looks pretty everyday and normal to me, so it doesn't seem like it would be a great tragedy if her kid looked like her.

Abby is cute.  She looks like a lot of young women at the college where I work.  Gracie really is a cutie pie.

• Love 14
Just now, beagletime said:

Abby is cute.  She looks like a lot of young women at the college where I work.  Gracie really is a cutie pie.

She kind of looks like some girls I went to college with, now that I think about it. I really like her curly hair! 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

She kind of looks like some girls I went to college with, now that I think about it. I really like her curly hair! 

Me too! I love the curls. I think she’s super cute and much preferable to princess Jessa, for example.

• Love 13

Abbie is pretty with a cute figure. I find her eyebrows a little distracting. But I'm guessing that's a me thing because I find the new eyebrow trend of others distracting as well.

I would absolutely die for her hair!

• Love 11

Gracie is a generic-baby cutie, Abbie is average cute with great hair, and together, they make JD a redneck version of cute.  All look normal, clean up nicely, and seem genuinely happy.  That's all that really counts.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Tikichick said:

True.  Although the above picture is probably JD looking about the best he ever has.  It's clear he is truly happy with Abby.

He sure is! I just noticed that they're in a row boat. This is no fancy boating outing, and they look about as happy and excited as they can possibly be. Good for them.

• Love 5

Where is Jana's 'ugly sweater'? Except for the wig, that dress with pearls and the sweater over it is one of the nicest things Jana has worn publicly. I don't see her as looking 'ugly' in that outfit. Maybe she didn't get the memo?

• Love 7

Many of them seemed to interpret the theme... oddly. A lot of ugly wigs instead of sweaters, and a lot of "old-fashioned" or "stuffy" outfits that aren't actually ugly. And yeah, some of them are actually improvements to the Duggar wardrobe... (I also think the Lost Girls could have just dug out the plaid frumpers their sisters wore on the early "Kids and Counting" days, and would be good to go...)

I forget if it was here or on Reddit, but someone pointed out that Ben's "ugly" outfit looked a lot like something Jeremy would wear in his everyday life...

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Many of them seemed to interpret the theme... oddly. A lot of ugly wigs instead of sweaters, and a lot of "old-fashioned" or "stuffy" outfits that aren't actually ugly. And yeah, some of them are actually improvements to the Duggar wardrobe... (I also think the Lost Girls could have just dug out the plaid frumpers their sisters wore on the early "Kids and Counting" days, and would be good to go...)

I forget if it was here or on Reddit, but someone pointed out that Ben's "ugly" outfit looked a lot like something Jeremy would wear in his everyday life...

Leave it to the Duggars to change-up an ugly sweater contest. You know, because they have do things a little differently. 🙃

• LOL 2
  • Love 7