Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Am I the only one that sees "John and Dabbie" in their Instagram signature?

Too adorable for words.  Who knew JD would be able to father such a cutie!

No, I always see it as Dabbie too. 🤣

• LOL 2
31 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Personally I don’t see John and Abbie having more than 3 or 4.

I'm thinking more like one or two.  Abbie was very sick for this pregnancy.  I'll bet John wouldn't want her to go through that again too many times.

• Love 2

They're both from quiverfull families with strong IBLP ties. I doubt they'll stop at one or two.  I could see them deliberately stopping at like 4, 5 or 6 provided they have kids of both genders. Since Abbie and JD is older, they may naturally have fewer kids.  Duggar Data is predicting they'll have 7 kids even if they're quiverfull. 

• Love 3

Ok that baby is officially the cutest Duggar offspring. 

1D94C53E-40F4-4CC0-9EB2-B44B3A5478D7.thumb.jpeg.d149ec73082c3a9292cb9e8962d6d94a.jpeg

Abbie looks great, so happy she’s let her eyebrows grow in naturally, from the horrendous over plucked rainbows she suffered from in the early days.  Much more youthful and flattering. 

58 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ok that baby is officially the cutest Duggar offspring. 

1D94C53E-40F4-4CC0-9EB2-B44B3A5478D7.thumb.jpeg.d149ec73082c3a9292cb9e8962d6d94a.jpeg

Abbie looks great, so happy she’s let her eyebrows grow in naturally, from the horrendous over plucked rainbows she suffered from in the early days.  Much more youthful and flattering. 

Maybe a generational thing? I like her eyebrows better in the bottom pic.

• Love 7

Her brows are very divisive! I'm no kid (55), but I'm not a fan of obviously tweezed brows. I think poor Abbie's brows are set just a tiny bit too close to her eyes, and there's  nothing she can do to change that. 

@Sofa Sloth, thanks for the side-by-side pics. Wow, Abbie used to tweeze a LOT. Even when thin brows were super-popular, I never had the patience for that.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe a generational thing? I like her eyebrows better in the bottom pic.

Each to their own! 😊 I used to do brows for a living and those bottom ones horrify me a bit as the dimensions are wrong. Brows should begin in a straight line up from your nostril side and inner eye corner for aesthetic balance. She’s taken  too much of the beginnings off  between them and rounded them off top so they look like rainbows. They’re more natural now. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Each to their own! 😊 I used to do brows for a living and those bottom ones horrify me a bit as the dimensions are wrong. Brows should begin in a straight line up from your nostril side and inner eye corner for aesthetic balance. She’s taken  too much of the beginnings off  between them and rounded them off top so they look like rainbows. They’re more natural now. 

Ooh, interesting! I enjoyed reading your inside knowledge. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Portia said:

Ooh, interesting! I enjoyed reading your inside knowledge. 

Oh thank you!  Brow trends are definitely a generational thing though that said! Everyone often has preferences (or regrets!) based on their heyday.

From the 1920s-40’s thin, round and painted on was in.

In the 50’s it was bolder and arched (think Audrey Hepburn and Lauren Bacall, Elizabeth Taylor)7764B7A3-7699-4168-865B-64293CDBBF56.thumb.jpeg.80d5010bfc3a7ddc059ed3e9bc50e507.jpeg

60’s -70’s were mostly thin arched again and sometimes painted on (Sophia Loren, Twiggy)

903486F8-B04E-465F-8703-50B9C840FB61.thumb.jpeg.1cef2ebb74857112224441e85e9fd689.jpeg

80’s were all about big bushy, natural and untamed (Brooke Shields, Madonna)

C2E8690C-8652-4E50-98E1-3DB812D4A81E.thumb.jpeg.e5bf4ca238df9379ba4ff4f8d95abd56.jpeg

90’s-early 00’s rainbows rounded like Abbie‘s before brows above but often really thin (Pamela Anderson, Drew Barrymore)

9737F5F3-6AC3-4A5C-9112-472E9D1792D4.thumb.jpeg.b2a436367c31fd81c11b91f70fce6913.jpeg

2000-now is a thicker but natural groomed arch brow like Abbie’s now brows.

DEFDCA19-5209-4B44-9B4A-299B95D92716.jpeg.f864ba2ced242a22833f17b8667334b6.jpeg

(Mods sorry, I tend to geek out and get way too passionate over brows, but I’ll get back to Abbie and JD here and end all brow chat here I promise!)

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I see a lot of brows like Abbie's in my neck of the woods now, but none are natural. In fact they're so unnatural I've seen the eyebrows unevenly drawn on or even transferred to a cheek. lol

Although I grow up in the 70s, my make-up days were in the 80s. Sophia Loren's eyebrows are what I would call perfect.

Anna seems to be wearing brows like Abbie does now as well.

• Love 3
On 5/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, leighdear said:

Am I the only one that sees "John and Dabbie" in their Instagram signature?

I know someone named Abby & "Dabs" was her nickname growing up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

One of the things I liked best about photos of Abbie is that she was still seen wearing jeans or capris after she married John.  I never see photos like that any more.  It’s all skirts and dresses. 

as to her eyebrows.  I’m one of those natural folks.  I don’t want a tweezer anywhere near them.   

Edited by mythoughtis
Typo
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

One of the things I liked best about photos of Abbie is that she was still seen wearing jeans or capris after she married John.  I never see photos like that any more.  It’s all skirts abd dresses. 

To be fair, they don't seem to post on social media all that often. And a quick check of their Instagram shows the majority of the recent pictures are either just the baby, or pictures of Abbie from the waist up, so you can't tell if she's wearing pants. The last two photos she's in skirts and dresses, but one of those was Easter, when even a lot of non-fundy ladies wear dresses. So I think it's much too small a sample size to judge that she's gone skirts-only.

• Love 11
(edited)

seems JD's Mediccorps LLC has been dissolved - watch for a Mediccorps Christian non profit with Jimmy Burns Tax Preparer coming soon

Corporation Name MEDICAL EVACUATION DISASTER INTERVENTION CORPS LLC

Fictitious Names

Filing #811188785

Filing TypeLimited Liability Company

Filed under ActDomestic LLC; 1003 of 1993

Status Dissolved

Principal Address P O BOX 215
TONTITOWN, AR 72770

Reg. Agent JOHN DAVID DUGGAR

Agent Address2871 CHAPMAN AVE

SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed12/31/2018

Officers JOHN DAVID DUGGAR , Incorporator/Organizer
KENNETH NATHAN BATES , Incorporator/Organizer
ESLI GOLLAPALLI , Incorporator/Organizer

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9

This LLC is still active. It's listed under JD at his current address.

Company Name:  MEDIC CHOPPERS LLC

File Number:  811189055

Filing State:  Arkansas (AR)

Filing Status:  Good Standing

Filing Date:  January 2, 2019

Company Age:  1 Year 4 Months

• Useful 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This LLC is still active. It's listed under JD at his current address.

Company Name:  MEDIC CHOPPERS LLC

File Number:  811189055

Filing State:  Arkansas (AR)

Filing Status:  Good Standing

Filing Date:  January 2, 2019

Company Age:  1 Year 4 Months

he had the 2 different ones - the one with Nathan Bates though has been dissolved.

Medic Choppers LLC has Tax preparer Jimmy Burns listed

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4

Mediccorps website says they have 501 3c  status.

that was pending when they went to care for the "Bohemians" in the Bahamas

Medical Evacuation Disaster Intervention Corps is a non-profit organization based in the USA with IRS 501(c)3 status. All support is tax exempt.

https://mediccorps.org/about-us-2/

I am wondering if the Medical Corps, that is a real charity, took issue with the name. but then the website is still there and Lawson, Nathan and those "boys from Arkansas" have been shown recently at tornado clean up sites. so who knows

I have had no luck finding a 990 filed for Mediccorps

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG why the hell didn't he ask Jana how to do this rather than scraping up soil? Soil, mind you, that surrounds a county dump. Jesus no clue what's in that mess he dumped in a raised bed. And it's got too much uncomposted material and that's just 100 kinds of wrong. Ugh, I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that dump garden.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Chicklet said:

OMG why the hell didn't has ask Jana how to do this rather than scraping up soil? Soil, mind you, that surrounds a county dump. Jesus no clue what's in that mess he dumped in a raised bed. And it's got too much uncomposted material and that's just 100 kinds of wrong. Ugh, I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that dump garden.

JD lives near the dump too?

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JD lives near the dump too?

I think he lives on the compound somewhere which is near the dump. Unless I got that wrong, still that garden is an egregious assault on innocent vegetables.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think he lives on the compound somewhere which is near the dump. Unless I got that wrong, still that garden is an egregious assault on innocent vegetables.

Oh, I thought JD & Abbie live a few miles away from the TTH.

Frankly, I was surprised at the hovel-like looking trailer they live in. There are many nice mobile homes but this does not look like one of them. That weed-infested 'yard' looks like a trashy property. If JD is still renting out the other 'nice house' that he owns, there was no need for Abbie to give up her nurse job right away. She could have continued to work for a while and bank her checks to save up for another nicer place in which to live....then think about having a child. But.....these people do things a 'little differently', don't they? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

It almost looked like a shipping container and those can be transformed into very cool homes, but this is not one of those. Did they ever do a tour of the inside of their home?

And as a life-long gardener I'm aghast at that "garden". As if you couldn't tell lol.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

It almost looked like a shipping container and those can be transformed into very cool homes, but this is not one of those. Did they ever do a tour of the inside of their home?

And as a life-long gardener I'm aghast at that "garden". As if you couldn't tell lol.

There was a tour and it was nice enough for what it is.  Modern appliances, etc. Small though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Frankly, I was surprised at the hovel-like looking trailer they live in. There are many nice mobile homes but this does not look like one of them. That weed-infested 'yard' looks like a trashy property. If JD is still renting out the other 'nice house' that he owns, there was no need for Abbie to give up her nurse job right away. She could have continued to work for a while and bank her checks to save up for another nicer place in which to live....then think about having a child. But.....these people do things a 'little differently', don't they? 

they appear to be living on a JB and Michelle trust property - for whatever reason. the address for John's LLCs is the same address/pic shows same location1446497891_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.3ce5158b4c5b88479cccb387f568d2c1.png

Edited by crazy8s
added info
  • Useful 2

The interior of the trailer is nice. Only it appears to be just a couple of feet away from a building.

Depending on one's level of bougie, it's not that bad of a starter home.

(edited)

I get the concept of their raised bed garden, but the ones I've seen have a layer of newspaper & cardboard, then wood chips and grass clippings, then top soil. This is the first time I've ever seen somebody just scoop up trees, limbs, and debris filled dirt, dump it in between railroad ties, and call it a garden. 

I question how well their garden will grow and produce. Although, if it doesn't work we'll never hear about because Duggars don't admit defeat.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe they never intend the garden to be anything but a segment for the show

What’s next, a segment where we watch the weeds grow?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Kbo said:

What’s next, a segment where we watch the weeds grow?

Well, I thought it was a plot line to be used as filler! That garden will probably never be seen again, and there will be a segment with vegetables bought at a farmers market and claimed as their own.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, I thought it was a plot line to be used as filler! That garden will probably never be seen again, and there will be a segment with vegetables bought at a farmers market and claimed as their own.

I’m sure you’re right, I wasn’t snarking on you 🙂.  This show’s idea of interesting content is laughable, that’s all. 

• Love 5
(edited)

There should be a layer of soil and/or mulch on top of the weed barrier. That's what holds it down.  Instead JD stapled it to the wood frame (think that's what I saw.)  I know there are different types of weed barrier  but the kind JD used looks like the kind that disintegrates.  It will just dry out & separate into little pieces and blow away without something holding it down.

The whole area next to the trailer looks like a weed infested stony mess.  They should have bulldozed the entire area, removed weeds & other debris & made some sort of sitting area. It doesn't need to be elaborate or permanent.  Just some paver type bricks or similar. They have the manpower & probably misc supplies laying around.

Once again, I'm so tired of thinking for these people.  

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I’m sure you’re right, I wasn’t snarking on you 🙂.  This show’s idea of interesting content is laughable, that’s all. 

I know you weren't.  They are so lacking of anything interesting that there has to be something to take up time on their show.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

There should be a layer of soil and/or mulch on top of the weed barrier. That's what holds it down.  Instead JD stapled it to the wood frame (think that's what I saw.)  I know there are different types of weed barrier  but the kind JD used looks like the kind that disintegrates.  It will just dry out & separate into little pieces and blow away without something holding it down.

The whole area next to the trailer looks like a weed infested stony mess.  They should have bulldozed the entire area, removed weeds & other debris & made some sort of sitting area. It doesn't need to be elaborate or permanent.  Just some paver type bricks or similar. They have the manpower & probably misc supplies laying around.

Once again, I'm so tired of thinking for these people.  

Silly. Remember, they all do things "a little bit different."

• Love 5