Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Glad everything went well.  Glad they went with a normal name.  Glad it appears to have been a hospital birth.  Surprised that the baby was 7 lbs 11oz.  As I recall, Abbie had a pretty small bump. Based on her size, I was expecting a tinier baby.

So, as of now there are zero pregnancies and zero courtships.  Wonder who will be next?

• Love 11
16 hours ago, SMama said:

The M kids are named in “honor” of Michele, although it’s not the same.

Of course Gracie didn’t get the aviation themed name. She is a girl and will never be allowed to do something the men folk do. At least they are transparent about their misogyny.

I'm not sure they will go for aviation themed names for boys. It might be joke from the internet. It also might be a joke between them. Until they have a son with an aviation theme name, I'll assume it's a joke or even an internet rumor. I have a feeling the first born son will be something like John James. (Family tradition in the Duggar family to give the son same first name and different middle name. The long line of James Duggars seem to have different middles.  Ex. James Lee---James Robert---James Andrew). I also like David Lee Duggar for a boy.  John's middle name David plus his grandfather's middle name Lee. Or maybe David Robert, etc. 

• Love 2

I think we started the aviation names here, @Temperance. Going off their proposal and their wedding. In case you haven't noticed we all have a knack of joining together and creating remarkable theories and stories.

There's a lot of creative minds in these threads and no one is afraid to use them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

The engagement was about aviation, the wedding reception was in a hangar, followed by flying away, the sex reveal or something else was aviation themed, the pregnancy announcement photo was inside a damn plane. I did not think they had expressed a desire to name the child accordingly. It’s just that JD is a pilot comes up more than it should. I do wonder about Grace’s nursery.

• Love 5

John needs to write a birthday wish to his twin sister.  But he's a man so he can't lower himself to do anything like that. 
Abbie, Abbie, Abbie, I hope this is just hormones, but your line "Thank you for reading the Bible and praying with me every day, and selflessly loving me like Jesus does" is just ridiculous.  So what does JD do in order to support you financially or physically or emotionally?  Oh, yeah, he's a man, no, correction - he's a pilot, nothing else matters. 

• Love 17

I just don't understand why they do these ridiculous public ones anyway. I mean, I know why, but it just seems so fake.

The people I'm close to get personal texts or private FB messages for their birthdays rather than some weird public declaration of my happiness they made it to another year. 

Do they send each other less stilted personal wishes? I doubt it. And that's just sad and silly.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just don't understand why they do these ridiculous public ones anyway. I mean, I know why, but it just seems so fake.

The people I'm close to get personal texts or private FB messages for their birthdays rather than some weird public declaration of my happiness they made it to another year. 

Do they send each other less stilted personal wishes? I doubt it. And that's just sad and silly.

I wish that was true, but I doubt it. I think that their interactions are all that stilted and insincere. They have a lifetime of programming in not speaking to each other without clearing their words through JB and J'chelle.

I'm not saying JD doesn't need to congratulate his sister. Yes he should do that. Maybe he just did it in private.

But if Abby wrote something for him, it seems almost rude not to say, hey,jana, happy birthday to you too. Or put it in a separate post.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, Westiepeach said:

Wait... JD is a PILOT??? Why didn't anybody tell me??????

Wait. When did this happen?? Yes, I'm being sarcastic. And BFD. My husband is a pilot too. I don't brag about it all the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure the planes your husband flies are a gazillion times more modern and secure than those death traps that the Duggars fly.

He’s a B52 pilot. Not modern, but upgraded and still way more badass than anything the Duggars fly. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

B52? That's awesome!

Right? But like I said, I don't brag all the time about it like Abbie does. I'm surprised actually that any of the Duggars were educated enough to get a pilots license in the first place. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Right? But like I said, I don't brag all the time about it like Abbie does. 

I'm amazed you don't. I'd probably have a hard time not bragging about that one. My dad and I love old planes especially old military planes. Every few years there would be old B52s, WWII planes, Korean War and Vietnam that would be in town for a few days and allowed the public to come to watch them fly and walk through them. It was so cool. Its amazing how much they crammed into those planes. How much and how little room they had. We passed on our obsession to my nephew. He was in the army and still can name each plane just by sound. B52s are just so cool.

I'm surprised actually that any of the Duggars were educated enough to get a pilots license in the first place. 

So am I.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm amazed you don't. I'd probably have a hard time not bragging about that one. My dad and I love old planes especially old military planes. Every few years there would be old B52s, WWII planes, Korean War and Vietnam that would be in town for a few days and allowed the public to come to watch them fly and walk through them. It was so cool. Its amazing how much they crammed into those planes. How much and how little room they had. We passed on our obsession to my nephew. He was in the army and still can name each plane just by sound. B52s are just so cool.

So am I.

That's awesome you guys love the old planes. We do too. B52s are the most badass plane. I'm extremely proud of my husband and what he he does. I just don't shout it from the rooftops every time I open my mouth unlike Abbie. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

That's awesome you guys love the old planes. We do too. B52s are the most badass plane. I'm extremely proud of my husband and what he he does. I just don't shout it from the rooftops every time I open my mouth unlike Abbie. 

I can’t believe B52s are 60 years old, and will be flying at 90. At which point the Afghanistan war will be in it’s 50th year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I can’t believe B52s are 60 years old, and will be flying at 90. At which point the Afghanistan war will be in it’s 50th year. 

And with the upgrades they've gotten, they can indeed go another 40+ years. 

The baby is adorable IMO. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EXCLUSIVE

John David Duggar and Abbie Duggar Reveal 1st Photos at Home With Daughter Grace: We’re ‘Settling in’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/john-david-abbie-duggars-1st-photos-at-home-with-daughter-grace/amp/

There is a picture here of the baby "napping" on her stomach still wearing the headband. I don't know much about babies, but I would think that would be crazy dangerous to put a baby to bed in one of those things.

I hope it was just a photo shoot and the baby was sleeping and they set her down like that for a minute for a photo.

• Love 3