Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

There is a picture here of the baby "napping" on her stomach still wearing the headband. I don't know much about babies, but I would think that would be crazy dangerous to put a baby to bed in one of those things.

I hope it was just a photo shoot and the baby was sleeping and they set her down like that for a minute for a photo.

It’s also dangerous to let a newborn sleep on her stomach, because it increases the risk of SIDS. New moms are taught “Back to Bed” for at least a year. 

Abbie should know that, though, so I think it probably was a staged photo.

• Love 5

Honestly to me they look like staged photos and someone is probably eyeballing that baby the entire time.  If you look at any good baby photographers pictures there are many of them curled up on tummies, hair accessories, etc.  If you look at any videos of how that happens it takes a village and is only for an instant.  I'd rather snark on them for their odious views than baby pictures.  He does look less greasy.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Honestly to me they look like staged photos and someone is probably eyeballing that baby the entire time.  If you look at any good baby photographers pictures there are many of them curled up on tummies, hair accessories, etc.  If you look at any videos of how that happens it takes a village and is only for an instant.  I'd rather snark on them for their odious views than baby pictures.  He does look less greasy.

He's only less greasy because it's a professional photo and whoever took it mopped him up first. 

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

It’s also dangerous to let a newborn sleep on her stomach, because it increases the risk of SIDS. New moms are taught “Back to Bed” for at least a year. 

Abbie should know that, though, so I think it probably was a staged photo.

When my son was born, I was told to have him sleep on his side. I bought a special pillow/prop that would help him stay in place. He still moved to his back. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Even though I was taught and did do the "back to sleep" thing with my kids, I always worried about them barfing and choking on it. I was glad when we got past that age. They're all stomach sleepers now. 

From personal experience, if the headband fits correctly, it should stay in place even when they're sleeping.  But I took them off unless we were out or I was taking pics. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

For what it's worth, when I was born (1959)  my mother was told to put me to sleep on my stomach.

When my kids were born (1988, 1990, 1992), I was told to put them to sleep on their sides, but to switch sides so one side of their head would not be flat.  Sleeping on the back was frowned upon because of the possibility of choking on spit-up.

When my granddaughter was born in 2018, my son and his wife were told to lay her on her back.  

It's really hard to keep up with the constantly changing "rules" for childcare.

Yes, along with being told now not to cover them up.  Really?  I sleep with a ton of blankets and this infant can’t even have a thin receiving blanket? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

For what it's worth, when I was born (1959)  my mother was told to put me to sleep on my stomach.

When my kids were born (1988, 1990, 1992), I was told to put them to sleep on their sides, but to switch sides so one side of their head would not be flat.  Sleeping on the back was frowned upon because of the possibility of choking on spit-up.

When my granddaughter was born in 2018, my son and his wife were told to lay her on her back.  

It's really hard to keep up with the constantly changing "rules" for childcare.

What a coincidence. My three have the same birth years. 

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes, along with being told now not to cover them up.  Really?  I sleep with a ton of blankets and this infant can’t even have a thin receiving blanket? 

From what I've seen, parents now swaddle tiny babies and put bigger ones in sleep sacks. There are safer ways than blankets to keep babies toasty at night. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2020 at 5:07 PM, Namaste said:

I wonder if this is difficult for Jana or it she’s just glad it’s not her baby. 

I think she’s glad it’s not her baby although she enjoys bonding with her. Jana is going to have a LOT of nieces and nephews, but I think JD’s kids will always have a special place in her heart. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Interesting that when JD talked about his 18 siblings, and then there's an old photo of the Duggar family, that there is no Josh. (Jill is there, though.)

At about 6 min into Part 2, you see a glimpse of JD's bare chest because Gracie's head is on it.

Jenni has shot up quite a bit in height. She's the same height as Jana, Hannie, and Joy and I don't think she's done growing yet (she's 12). 

Only Kynzie and Michael were there representing the Smuggars. 

Not only did Abbie wear pants (well, appeared to be sweats), but her mother did as well. 

And ugh did Michelle's voice grate.

• Love 7

Re: The video.  I think John should of said something about Abbie's family too.  He went on about him being 1 out of 19 kids & having a lot of relatives but I don't think he made mention of Abbie's siblings.  I know they live too far away to have been included in the video but he should have at least mentioned the Burnetts.  (Maybe he did but it wasn't shown.)

I like how they just showed a few pictures of Abbie laboring & not the actual birth.  

Mechelle must have gotten an increase of the dosage of her pills.  She seemed more annoying than usual esp when she was talking to the hospital. (Or maybe it was because she was in almost every scene.)

I hope JD and Abbie Lysoled down the old homestead after the gang left.  They shouldn't have had that many people to begin with in such a small area. Especially since it was January and cold and flu season.  

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Re: The video.  I think John should of said something about Abbie's family too.  He went on about him being 1 out of 19 kids & having a lot of relatives but I don't think he made mention of Abbie's siblings.  I know they live too far away to have been included in the video but he should have at least mentioned the Burnetts.  (Maybe he did but it wasn't shown.)

The Duggars are solipsistic creatures.  JD not only contributed his swimmers but also went through the pregnancy, hyperemesis, labor, and delivery. Thus all the glory goes to the Duggars, because they made all of it happen.  Also, the Duggars are the godliest humans to have ever inhabit this planet.  🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Well that's 20 minutes I will never get back.  I remember now why I have stopped watching the Duggars.  They are just SO BORING.  Michelle's baby voice drives me insane.  And cramming all those people into a small space? We all know they only did it for effect.

A couple of observations:  Jana walking in with that huge basket full of snacks.  They asked for cheese and crackers.  The room already had limited space, so let's bring a huge basket for people to trip over. 

Jennifer looks absolutely miserable.  The way those Lost Girls are dressed is criminal.  They look like someone took Grandma's quilting supplies and pieced together dresses.  

I remember now how much I despise Michelle and Jim Bob.  Abbie's parents seem positively normal by comparison.  I wonder what they really think of the shit show that is their son-in-law's family?

The inside of the weird shipping container apartment was quite nice, but where exactly are they living?  I thought JD was more established than his brothers, but I guess not.  This does not bode well for the next bunch of newlyweds.  

I think this circus has run its course.  Time to pull the plug, TLC.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The inside of the weird shipping container apartment was quite nice, but where exactly are they living?  I thought JD was more established than his brothers, but I guess not.  This does not bode well for the next bunch of newlyweds.  

They're living on a commercial property owned by Jim Bob that also houses a Marshallese church. They have a separate mail box, which makes it a little hard to track down. 

I'd always thought JD was the new crown prince, but the housing situation doesn't really fit that status. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Well that's 20 minutes I will never get back.  I remember now why I have stopped watching the Duggars.  They are just SO BORING.  Michelle's baby voice drives me insane.  And cramming all those people into a small space? We all know they only did it for effect.

A couple of observations:  Jana walking in with that huge basket full of snacks.  They asked for cheese and crackers.  The room already had limited space, so let's bring a huge basket for people to trip over. 

Jennifer looks absolutely miserable.  The way those Lost Girls are dressed is criminal.  They look like someone took Grandma's quilting supplies and pieced together dresses.  

I remember now how much I despise Michelle and Jim Bob.  Abbie's parents seem positively normal by comparison.  I wonder what they really think of the shit show that is their son-in-law's family?

I think this circus has run its course.  Time to pull the plug, TLC.

Abbie's parents are as fundie and nuts as JB and Michelle; they just have better personalities.  Her family is deeply involved in IBLP and they have been for a long time. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Zella said:

They're living on a commercial property owned by Jim Bob that also houses a Marshallese church. They have a separate mail box, which makes it a little hard to track down. 

I'd always thought JD was the new crown prince, but the housing situation doesn't really fit that status. 

That's a good point. You'd think that JD would have at least a better house than Josiah. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That's a good point. You'd think that JD would have at least a better house than Josiah. 

Yeah I never could find any rhyme or reason to what any of the Duggar boys got. It's very random who gets property and who doesn't, who gets to live on a JB property and who doesn't (many of them don't live on the property they own in their own names, though to be fair most of those properties don't have housing), and even who gets an LLC and who doesn't. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Abbie's parents are as fundie and nuts as JB and Michelle; they just have better personalities.  Her family is deeply involved in IBLP and they have been for a long time. 

Yup, check out Abbbie's mom's FB page she's such a hateful nut. Makes Michelle look like a sweet old lady.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I never could find any rhyme or reason to what any of the Duggar boys got. It's very random who gets property and who doesn't, who gets to live on a JB property and who doesn't (many of them don't live on the property they own in their own names, though to be fair most of those properties don't have housing), and even who gets an LLC and who doesn't. 

Oh, I’m sure there’s a lot of rhyme and reason. It’s likely based on whatever shady financial goals Jim Bob is trying to pull off at the moment.  They all go along with it, because why wouldn’t they? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, I’m sure there’s a lot of rhyme and reason. It’s likely based on whatever shady financial goals Jim Bob is trying to pull off at the moment.  They all go along with it, because why wouldn’t they? 

That's true. I need to stop trying to apply semi-normal logic to these people. Lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I thought JD and Abbie seemed very in love and he was extremely involved and solicitous. When my younger sister gave birth, her significant other was the absolute worst. She had to have a C-section and afterwards he was urging her to sit in the chair so he could use the bed because he was tired. I had to leave the room. If that was me, Michelle would've had to go. ASAP. Her entire being would annoy me and put me in murder mode. I think that it's clear that part of the reason Jana is staying home is for her sisters. The entire way that they cluster around her makes it clear that they look to her for structure and support. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, they're nuts too? Abbie's dad seemed so genuine when he cooed at Gracie, kissed Abbie and hugged JD.

Yes and Hitler was kind to Aryan children and animals. I'm sure her dad was genuinely happy but that doesn't change how horrible they are. 

• Love 14
On 2/3/2020 at 1:19 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Aside from the fact that J'chelle is just super-annoying, the food trip was insane. Abbie asked for cheese. Why did they show up with a big basket of junk, and sodas, and chips? Did they forget to film the part where Abbie asked her husband's entire family to show up and devour junk food while she was laboring?

I assume that the only reason for having the entire family show up at the trailer at the same time was to impress upon us all -- yet again -- how very MANY PEOPLE there are in this family. They just have no boundaries at all.

• Love 19

Why did it take 6 people to go to the store and buy cheese?

When in labor, the medicals don't want you to eat anything; only ice chips to keep hydrated. The last thing the nurses want is for the mother to have anything in her intestinal tract. It will be expelled during labor. This was my experience during labor for my children. The nurse was glad that I had nothing to eat for 12 hours prior. 

The last thing a woman needs is for her inlaws and both parents to be at her home when she is beginning labor. NO need to be on display like that. I think it's a private time for the woman. These people really have no boundaries. Oy to the play by play coverage on Abbie's physical progress from Michelle being broadcast over the phone ON SPEAKER to Jana. Sorry, not good IMO.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

When in labor, the medicals don't want you to eat anything; only ice chips to keep hydrated. The last thing the nurses want is for the mother to have anything in her intestinal tract. It will be expelled during labor. This was my experience during labor for my children. The nurse was glad that I had nothing to eat for 12 hours prior. 

The last thing a woman needs is for her inlaws and both parents to be at her home when she is beginning labor. NO need to be on display like that. I think it's a private time for the woman. These people really have no boundaries. Oy to the play by play coverage on Abbie's physical progress from Michelle being broadcast over the phone ON SPEAKER to Jana. Sorry, not good IMO.

Wouldn’t be for me either but Abbie and JD must have agreed to it. They kept a lot of other things private so maybe the lure of the bucks encouraged them 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Abbie asked for cheese and crackers but I guess when they were in the store they thought oh let’s gets her all this other stuff. I found it funny that when Jana and the girls arrived at the hospital they couldn’t go in the room because Abbie was in the bath or something, she was probably naked, can’t be having the little girls see a naked woman. 

They didn’t actually show the labour just photos which I was surprised at but then again this couple does seem to be the most private out of all of them so I respect that.

As other posters said Michelle’s voice is annoying,I don’t know anyone who wants to hear that,nevermind a woman giving birth!

And yes they all crammed themselves into Abbie and Johns home, I couldn’t believe they all fit in that room to be honest. 

Then Jessa,Kendra,Lauren and Abbie and their babies all decided to take a photo and have a chat and one of them said all our daughters together or something like that and all I could think of was poor Joy and Austin( I hope they didn’t hear it but they probably did).

Edited by PuffinFizz
  • Love 11

And for the first time in Duggar history, we have "birth episodes" with exactly zero footage of a birth.  We saw a tiny bit of video of Abbie in labor, and even then, when she was first shown laboring at home, for just a second I was sure she was about to lose her shit and punch the closest person holding a camera in the face.  🤣🤣 Besides that... just filler,  and some pics of the new baby. 

For a Duggar, Abbie set some boundaries like a motherfucking badass.  Unfortunately (for me), as I imagined Abbie whispering to JD that his parents and TLC could shove their cameras up their collective ass, I couldn't help but remember, in stark contrast, poor Anna pushing a baby et al out on the toilet in front of a camera crew and the world.  God, that was horrifying.  And apparently something you can't unsee....

So here's hoping that between Abbie and Jill/Jinger, they've shown all the Duggar girls/spouses once and for all that they can give birth however, wherever, and as often as they fucking want to (or don't want to, as the case may be). 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 22
On 2/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

Huh, they're nuts too? Abbie's dad seemed so genuine when he cooed at Gracie, kissed Abbie and hugged JD.

I still think that at least latent nuttiness is a prerequisite for being attracted to Gothardism, or at least for staying in it for more than about 25 minutes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

JD and Abby were both shilling baby/child care products on their IG story last night.  I wonder if the show is ending and the Duggar offspring are desperate for income (but too damn lazy to get a real job)?

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

JD and Abby were both shilling baby/child care products on their IG story last night.  I wonder if the show is ending and the Duggar offspring are desperate for income (but too damn lazy to get a real job)?

What kind of real jobs could they get?  They have no job skills, not even the discipline of having a sleep/wake up routine.  They have pretty much been trained to do what they want, whenever they want.  Despite every single one of them apparently having "a servant's heart", I seriously doubt any of them could handle a job serving burgers and fries, much less anything more complicated. 

If the TV money dries up and JB's fortune dwindles, shilling crappy products over the internet is their best bet to keep food on the table.  All thanks to their "wonderful" parents who prepared them for nothing but procreation and TV appearances.

• Love 22

Kind of unethical for Nurse Abbie to shill meds - or quasi med products. As long as she didn't sate she's a nurse in the commercial I think it's ok...but dubious, like everything Duggar. She fits right in.

• Love 11