Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

On 9/26/2019 at 12:53 PM, galaxychaser said:

She will never get any mental help because they don’t believe in it.

I think Andrea Yates was fundy... She got help all right after she killed her kids.

The Andrea Yates story was tragic. She was suffering badly from postpartum depression -- which worsened into postpartum psychosis -- thanks to her husband and church leaders telling her she needed to avoid medication, pray it away and be more submissive. 

• Love 1
On 9/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, madpsych78 said:

At least Josiah appeared to be trying to get a sense of Lauren's experience. I can't imagine any of the other sons or SILs having that level of empathy except for maybe Ben.

I think Joe was with Kendra.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's a date? I wonder what their regular life looks like?

Good point. "Hey honey, let's have a date on the sidewalk!" The expression "doing life with you" is so odd in this context. It's not a prison sentence.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 16
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Nike!  The passion in that kiss is just so hot 🙄🙄🙄 There must be fireworks during sex

Do you think Si still wipes his mouth after kissing Lauren?  Like he did after his wedding kiss?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

They just look so deeply and totally not-in-love that I'm constantly amazed that they post these photos. Lauren also looks just so very super-thrilled to be pregnant that I don' think that her lack of interest in Josiah bothers her at all. As long as he can perform sufficiently for her to be knocked up, I think that that's fine with her (for now).

• Love 15

I think there are two reasons why the young Duggars are so obsessed with the concept of “date nights”.  Their adolescent years are so ridgedly controlled by their parents and they’re rushed into marriage at such a young age. On some level, they’re aware that they missed out on all the normal teenage activities like dating and they’re trying to re-capture those moments. It’s sad, really. The second reason is more pragmatic. They live their lives on social media and they’re well aware that the “haters” are critical of the way these kids are pushed into arranged marriages. So, they post these staged, passionless “date night” pictures to prove to the world how much in looove they are and how hot they are for each other.

• Love 22
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Nike!  The passion in that kiss is just so hot 🙄🙄🙄 There must be fireworks during sex

Josiah is just thinking of Jesus the whole time.

13 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Knees! KNEES! I am defrauded, I tell you. Utterly defrauded.

Do these people ever think about men with pregnancy fetishes? 

8 hours ago, louannems said:

Do you think Si still wipes his mouth after kissing Lauren?  Like he did after his wedding kiss?

She probably had lipstick or lipgloss on ( I hope anyway) otherwise poor Lauren.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2019 at 2:00 AM, becca3891 said:

The Andrea Yates story was tragic. She was suffering badly from postpartum depression -- which worsened into postpartum psychosis -- thanks to her husband and church leaders telling her she needed to avoid medication, pray it away and be more submissive. 

And that slug husband of hers never had a glimmer about his own role in the tragedy. He went on to remarry and have more kids. 

Lauren strikes me as a spoiled princess, who will be looking for free babysitters soon as childcare becomes work. However, she seems all about appearances, so I'm sure the photos of the perfect family will continue ad nauseam. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

I know looks aren't supposed to be everything but Si really makes me feel skeevy.  It's mainly his hair with that puff part in the front & the  use of greasy looking styling products.  The resemblance to Smuggs doesn't help either. Maybe he looks better in real life but I doubt it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I know looks aren't supposed to be everything but Si really makes me feel skeevy.  It's mainly his hair with that puff part in the front & the  use of greasy looking styling products.  The resemblance to Smuggs doesn't help either. Maybe he looks better in real life but I doubt it. 

His hair/hairline is extremely unfortunate.  He won’t look good bald/fully-shaven at all.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

They just look so deeply and totally not-in-love that I'm constantly amazed that they post these photos. Lauren also looks just so very super-thrilled to be pregnant that I don' think that her lack of interest in Josiah bothers her at all. As long as he can perform sufficiently for her to be knocked up, I think that that's fine with her (for now).

Seriously. I think Trump and Pelosi would make a more believable couple. Si and Lauren are just so....flat. It's like they have no emotions towards each other whatsoever. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

If there was ever a man to have a wife and kids, only to come out of the closet in his mid to late 40’s, this is the guy. 

There is no way whoever find the door to the closet and if he did find the door to the closet he would be so embarrassed to admit to walking through it. Because in their Fundie Circle there is nothing other than straight people.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don’t recall if anyone has brought this up before, but I just noticed their Instagram profile, complete with angel baby emoji. 🙄.  Can’t say I am surprised, of course.

DBB2A9E6-C20E-4ECD-B40A-4C355C40E0E2.png

I can live with the angel baby, but Lauren has not given birth to a healthy baby yet.  That is tempting fate big time.

• Love 6
On 9/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know pregnancy hormones are in play, but Lauren looks like she is well on her way to being a great big zitball as well.  I can feel a zit getting ready to form on my face just reading that ingredient list.  I can't use coconut water let alone oil on my skin without breaking out.  I didn't know fundies were on the coconut oil bandwagon as well.  

Its OK, its a Paid ParnerZit.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I don’t recall if anyone has brought this up before, but I just noticed their Instagram profile, complete with angel baby emoji. 🙄.  Can’t say I am surprised, of course.

DBB2A9E6-C20E-4ECD-B40A-4C355C40E0E2.png

We really need an 'are you fucking kidding me' response emoji.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

And that slug husband of hers never had a glimmer about his own role in the tragedy. He went on to remarry and have more kids. 

Lauren strikes me as a spoiled princess, who will be looking for free babysitters soon as childcare becomes work. However, she seems all about appearances, so I'm sure the photos of the perfect family will continue ad nauseam. 

Russell Yates is now divorced from his second wife, I think they had only one child.

I do agree, however, that Lauren is not going to be one to cope well with a kid who doesn't fit her rigid expectations.  If their baby is colicky or not as cute as Lauren wants or is in any way defiant as toddlers are; she is going to expect others to handle it for her.  I don't see resilience or adaptability or critical thinking in her skill set.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I agree. This is why it's so incredibly depressing that this is all these fundie girls think about because it's how they were brought up. I can't imagine my whole up bringing being about getting married to someone my dad picks out, "court" for 3 months, marry and get knocked up on my honeymoon. I think I cared more about guys I dated(but never in love with)than Lauren shows love for her own husband.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can live with the angel baby, but Lauren has not given birth to a healthy baby yet.  That is tempting fate big time.

I don't think it's tempting fate. However the emojis are a man (Si), a woman (Lauren), angel baby (Asa) and a pregnant woman/baby bump (unborn child). 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously. I think Trump and Pelosi would make a more believable couple. Si and Lauren are just so....flat. It's like they have no emotions towards each other whatsoever. 

Josiah & Lauren - finally, a love story worse than Twilight

This actually makes me sad. In the picture where she's leaning her head on Josiah's chest she looks so young and vulnerable. 

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't think it's tempting fate. However the emojis are a man (Si), a woman (Lauren), angel baby (Asa) and a pregnant woman/baby bump (unborn child). 

I got confused there.  She listed herself twice.  I'm too old to be fluent in emoji especially when I have an android instead of an iPhone. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I got confused there.  She listed herself twice.  I'm too old to be fluent in emoji especially when I have an android instead of an iPhone. 

My first thought was that it's typical of Lauren to manage to list herself twice, but I suppose I'll have to give her a pass...she wanted to list the unborn baby, but I doubt that there's an emoji of just a "bump". It would be rather hard to figure out what it was meant to be without context. Or one of a fetus (that would be a bit weird). Ten again, if she had just used the "pregnant woman" emoji, I suppose that would include both of them by default, so maybe I don't need to give her a pass after all.

Yay for being in the middle of typing out a thought and realizing I changed my mind halfway through! LOL 

I kind of hate when that happens, but in this case I'll just let it stand.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
On 10/6/2019 at 11:41 AM, doodlebug said:

I do agree, however, that Lauren is not going to be one to cope well with a kid who doesn't fit her rigid expectations.  If their baby is colicky or not as cute as Lauren wants or is in any way defiant as toddlers are; she is going to expect others to handle it for her.  I don't see resilience or adaptability or critical thinking in her skill set.

I see her as the one most likely to go full-bore Michelle: hand the kid off at six months to a sister-mom so she can get pregnant again.  That way, if a kid is ugly or difficult, it's not her problem--she's too busy making a better baby, look how gorgeous Lauren is, how special!

• Love 7
On 10/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, irisheyes said:

OK, I may be moving into “get off my lawn” territory, but when you’re married with no kids, I don’t feel like you need to call it “date night”.  It’s just “Going out to dinner” night. You don’t have to try and arrange schedules or child care. You don’t even need to plan. All they have to do is grab the keys and go.

And, get off my lawn! 😂

Well, I'm right there with you. It's nauseatingly cutesy and unnecessary. But they love the "We think dating is great; you just have to wait until you're married!" theme too much not to hammer away at it constantly. It's such a stupid premise -- that you're only going to give away "pieces of your heart" if you call it dating. Zach Bates spoke of being heartbroken after his failed courtship. It doesn't matter what label you slap on something; people can still get hurt.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Barb23 said:

I don't mind his receding hairline at all, but he really creeps me out too in the same way that Smuggar always has. I think it's because they both come across as really fake along with the smugness. John David is a little goofy (and has the same hairline)  but I've never doubted that he's a decent guy who genuinely loves his wife.

• Love 13

Joe and Kendra seem equally arranged to me, but more compatible.  I mean both Joe and John married women who are equally fundie as Josh's and Josiah's wives. I think the parents are happy with all four daughter-in-laws. I do think John's being older helps. 

• Love 8

I think Lauren needs to adjust her logic.  Both she and new baby are "covered" under the umbrella of the pregnant woman emoji.  She doesn't need to be there in the message again as a disembodied head.  Just as you go to a baby shower and don't say "man, I wish the baby were here", because the baby is "there", albeit in the mother's womb.

Except, this is narcissist Lauren, so she wants to make sure to blurb herself twice.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

I had been thinking about a post for a couple of days and wanted to reply, but now I can't find it -- this will work.

Lauren is 19 years old.

Think about the teenagers you know. You look at them some days, and they look so grown up -- and, occasionally, they act grown up, too. Then, a minute later, you see them swinging on swings in the park, or giggling with friends, or doing some goofy, childish thing and you realize that they are so very young, and so very vulnerable.

What kind of parent marries off an 18 year old child? I can't even imagine my horror if that were a picture of my dumb teenage child beaming from ear-to-ear because she's pregnant at 19 -- when she has absolutely no ability to fend for herself, is 100% self-absorbed and doesn't appear to have a "heart for children," and doesn't even appear to like her husband after only one year of marriage. Oh, and he has no visible means of support (except sponging off his parents), and the word around the church community is that he doesn't "have a heart for girls."

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think Lauren needs to adjust her logic.  Both she and new baby are "covered" under the umbrella of the pregnant woman emoji.  She doesn't need to be there in the message again as a disembodied head.  Just as you go to a baby shower and don't say "man, I wish the baby were here", because the baby is "there", albeit in the mother's womb.

Except, this is narcissist Lauren, so she wants to make sure to blurb herself twice.

I think we have put more thought into the emojis than Lauren did. I'm pretty sure her thought process was: here's the daddy, here's the mommy, here's my angel baby, and...oh, here's the baby in my belly. End of thinking about emojis. She's 19 going on 12. Like @cmr2014 I just can't fathom making my 18 year old get married and being happy that she's pregnant at 19.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I had been thinking about a post for a couple of days and wanted to reply, but now I can't find it -- this will work.

Lauren is 19 years old.

Think about the teenagers you know. You look at them some days, and they look so grown up -- and, occasionally, they act grown up, too. Then, a minute later, you see them swinging on swings in the park, or giggling with friends, or doing some goofy, childish thing and you realize that they are so very young, and so very vulnerable.

What kind of parent marries off an 18 year old child? I can't even imagine my horror if that were a picture of my dumb teenage child beaming from ear-to-ear because she's pregnant at 19 -- when she has absolutely no ability to fend for herself, is 100% self-absorbed and doesn't appear to have a "heart for children," and doesn't even appear to like her husband after only one year of marriage. Oh, and he has no visible means of support (except sponging off his parents), and the word around the church community is that he doesn't "have a heart for girls."

I totally get what you are saying. At the same time, unforeseen circumstances have forced many people into adulthood before they might have been ready to face it. My parents went though WWII as children in Europe (and, as a result, other far-flung places).  Many, if not most (I'd say the latter) people come through what life throws at them intact. Not perfect, of course, but who of us can claim that? I have faith that many of this current crop of Fundie second-generationers will at least loosen the reins enough to let their children form their own minds to some extent, It's going to be a process...

• Love 5

When we got married in the 70s, I was 18 and my husband was 19. We actually were adults. It was my choice to get married, my mom and dad did not marry me off. In fact my mom really wanted me to wait a couple more years, but I wanted to be married to the man I loved. We have been married now for 41 years. It hasn’t always been easy but I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. Sometimes people just find the person that they are meant to be with sooner than other people might. That’s what I hope for these two, that it was their choice and that they will live happily ever after. It’s always what I hope for people when they get married, whatever their age.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Lauren is 19 years old.

Lauren is 20 years old and she turned 19  6 weeks before she got married.