Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

So as we wait for their baby to be born, who else thinks that this will be Josiah's breaking point? I can see Lauren hyper focus on the baby while Josiah grows more miserable with his life? Lauren doesn't seem to be able to cope with actual life. She built a world in her head and the reality of life just isn't clicking with her. JMHO

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

So as we wait for their baby to be born, who else thinks that this will be Josiah's breaking point? I can see Lauren hyper focus on the baby while Josiah grows more miserable with his life? Lauren doesn't seem to be able to cope with actual life. She built a world in her head and the reality of life just isn't clicking with her. JMHO

Actually I think Lauren being hyper-focused on the baby would the best thing at this point. It would do a lot of good to stop ruminating about Asa and concentrate on her little girl. Also I get the sense that Lauren gets lonely with no one but Si around a lot. I don't get sense they have a lot to talk about it and he may get tired trying to make conversation.  Josiah doesn't strike me as the type of guy to want his wife to make her life revolve around him.  Jim Bob and John David seem more those types, and Josiah isn't particularly like them. 

• Love 10

I agree with this. I think also the reason she's focussing so much on Asa is that your first pregnancy can be kinda...boring? Like, they've probably bought all the stuff, done the nursery, chosen a name and now you just sit and grow. She doesn't have a job to go to, or volunteering, or any of those things to keep you busy, so she just thinks about Asa all the time.

Once the baby comes I think (hope!) that she'll actually have stuff to DO, and more pressing things to think about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm sure Lauren has been very focused on every minute of this pregnancy. Morning sickness, tiredness, heartburn, food aversions, heightened sense of smell, uncomfortable sleep, cravings, swollen boobs, difficulty putting shoes on, baby sitting on bladder, pelvic pain, back pain, swollen feet ... 

And everything else Lauren's mother, SILs and Google have told her about being pregnant. Josiah need not worry about his wife focusing on him.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:15 AM, Nysha said:

I'm predicting that Lauren will have the baby on 11/11 and they will name her Bethany Milagro. 

You were very close! 😄

Hasn't someone on here called Bella Milagro? If so, you deserve a prize! 🙂 

• Love 17

Looks like Lauren didn't go the home birth route? I'm not a fan of hers, but if so, good for her for taking a clue from what went wrong with her sisters-in-law's births! 

Just now, BitterApple said:

I'm hoping that was the plan all along and not another botched homebirth.

Yeah me too. 😞

• Love 13

I know it's just because newborn eyes can't focus or track right away, but little Bella looks as  though she has evil intent. If you zoom in on her eyes, they just have an intense leer. 

Seriously, though. she will probably be a cute baby once the wrinkles fill in. She has a very pretty mouth, but so does Lauren, to be honest.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Bella is the smallest Duggar grandbaby at birth. Having a smaller baby at 38 weeks usually makes for easier birth. 

I prefer Bella as a nickname.  

First Asa; then Bella. Next is C...

I hope Lauren and Bella are healthy. 

• Love 13

She looks freakishly like momma for being fresh out the womb...and I never thought for a second that Lauren would be open to a home birth. I'm 100% in on hospital births so I'm NOT mocking people who do so because I wouldn't dream of doing otherwise...I'm just saying in Lauren's mind, she's far too precious and high risk to not do the hospital thing. 

Screenshot_20191111-155315_Instagram.jpg

Edited by asuwur
To too two mean things
  • Love 14
On 11/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, Nysha said:

I'm predicting that Lauren will have the baby on 11/11 and they will name her Bethany Milagro. 

Gotta have Lauren's name in there!  

Wonder if these means they're going with an alphabetical order theme....

In that case, they'll have to have 26 for a full set. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Milagro is actually a family name past down through generations. She was born Friday and her name is Bella Milagro. 

Oh they sat on the news a couple of days--that's interesting! 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh they sat on the news a couple of days--that's interesting! 

Probably because of the weekend and because US was given the exclusive.  They probably weren't allowed to announce it publicly before US' story was published.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Probably because of the weekend and because US was given the exclusive.  They probably weren't allowed to announce it publicly before US' story was published.

The Instagram comments are also turned off.  I wonder if something's wrong?

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope not. I'm no fan but I would hate for there to be a problem. 

Same here.  Someone on another forum suspected Down Syndrome.  Let me be clear that I'm not saying that's the case.

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What Instagram has the comments turned off? Josiah and Lauren’s are on.

The Duggar Family's account has comments turned off on the picture where they announce the birth.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

With all the wires and tubes in Lauren's arm, I'm wondering if there might have been a C-section?

Looks like just an IV. I'm not seeing any wires. 

As much as I can't stand Lauren and her heavy period she named Asa, I'm glad she and the baby are doing well. Not a fan of the name, but that's my problem. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Bella is the smallest Duggar grandbaby at birth. Having a smaller baby at 38 weeks usually makes for easier birth. 

I prefer Bella as a nickname.  

First Asa; then Bella. Next is C...

I hope Lauren and Bella are healthy. 

Asa, Bsa, Csa

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

Does it look as though the IV is in the back of Lauren's arm? Is that usual? I didn't have an IV when Baby Ponga was born, but was under the impression they went into the inside of the arm.

They put them wherever they can find a vein. I have had inside my arm, on the side, on the top of my hand. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I hope it was better labor than either of Jill's. Considering the end-result, Jill should have just skipped to the c-section earlier. 

As for Lauren, it may have been a long and difficult labor. I'll wait until they tell us the details before I comment more. 

• Love 7

Lauren states, “When we finally got to see and hold our precious Bella Milagro all the pain instantly went away".

She must be on some heavy drugs. I couldn't sit down for about three days after my first child was born. The pain was intense.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren states, “When we finally got to see and hold our precious Bella Milagro all the pain instantly went away".

She must be on some heavy drugs. I couldn't sit down for about three days after my first child was born. The pain was intense.

She may have meant the pain of miscarrying.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Milagro is actually a family name past down through generations. She was born Friday and her name is Bella Milagro. 

It's been established that Milagro has been passed down in Lauren's family, but notice that it kind of has become a tradition on the Duggar side as well. Except for Jessa, every single Duggar daughter or daughter-in-law who has had a girl has passed along their middle name as their first born daughter's middle name.

Anna Renee - Mackynzie Renee

Jinger Nicole - Felicity Nicole

Kendra Renee - Addison Renee

Lauren Milagro - Bella Milagro

Thus, I think JD and Abbie's baby will have the middle name of Grace.

I also looked on the boys side. The same tradition holds for Smuggar and Austin.

Joshua James - Michael James

Austin Martyn - Gideon Martyn

Joe's son's first name is Joe's middle name - so not adjoining middle names

Neither Jill/Derick nor Jessa/Ben did any name passing

• Useful 14
  • Love 3

Ok I speak spanish and I know what milagro means but I got it all mixed up with the Milagro Beanfield War (one of the best movies ever) and wondered why they called her The Beautiful Bean.

I'm tired, yea that's it. Been a long month.

• LOL 21
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did anyone else notice a slight depression over baby Bella's right eye? It seems to be noticable in both pictures.

There's nothing out of the ordinary that I can see.  Most newborns have a sort of 'squished' look to their faces.

• Love 15