Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hell, he could just move east about an hour away to Eureka Springs and be fabulous and happy. 

Too close and JimBob & Company might slap a bag over his head and drag him back into the cult by way of Alert camp, or whatever it was called. Or he’d be shunned.

I hope he gets the hell away from the whole damned crowd, buys a pair of assless chaps and goes all BSC on the bar scene. 

Free Josiah!

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Too close and JimBob & Company might slap a bag over his head and drag him back into the cult by way of Alert camp, or whatever it was called. Or he’d be shunned.

I hope he gets the hell away from the whole damned crowd, buys a pair of assless chaps and goes all BSC on the bar scene. 

Free Josiah!

Between Eureka's frustrating roads to navigate and all the drag queens walking around, I think the Duggars would be too confused and fearful to venture into town to grab him back. 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I can't help but wonder if he is somehow tied up in whatever it is the Feds seem to be investigating. Because a newborn baby AND a federal investigation would explain the deer-in-the-headlights look.

Or, and more likely, he's seen just how demanding and not so sweet and breathy Lauren is now that the baby crying is hers and needs fed and she hasn't slept more than 3 hours in days. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Duggar’s don’t smoke. For them it’s honey I’m going to chick fil a, I will be back (never).

Problem is Chik-Fil-A isn't open during prime escape time.

3 hours ago, Zella said:

Between Eureka's frustrating roads to navigate and all the drag queens walking around, I think the Duggars would be too confused and fearful to venture into town to grab him back. 😂

I think you found what might bring the spark back into Josiah's eyes. Drag queens lip syncing to Cher. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I'd forgotten until the preview for the next episode on this week's episode that Jessa and Ben got married at Thorncrown. They say it is "in Eureka Springs," but it technically isn't. It is slightly outside of town on the west side, so they wouldn't have had to navigate Eureka Springs to go there. Thus, they were spared the narrow, crooked, one-way roads and the drag queens on the streets.

Still, I can't imagine Jim Bob or Michelle was happy with that, even if any grumbling wasn't aired. Eureka Springs has a Sodom and Gomorrah kind of reputation among conservative Christians in the area, and many of them boycott the town in general. 

You still have a chance, Josiah! 

Incidentally, even if Josiah isn't gay--and I am not sure if he is one way or the other--Eureka Springs has a really artsy reputation. The impression that I get from what y'all you have watched the show is he had a theater kid vibe about him before his spark was extinguished at ALERT. He probably would have liked the town's vibe, minus any LGBTQ reasons, for that alone. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'd forgotten until the preview for the next episode on this week's episode that Jessa and Ben got married at Thorncrown. They say it is "in Eureka Springs," but it technically isn't. It is slightly outside of town on the west side, so they wouldn't have had to navigate Eureka Springs to go there. Thus, they were spared the narrow, crooked, one-way roads and the drag queens on the streets.

Still, I can't imagine Jim Bob or Michelle was happy with that, even if any grumbling wasn't aired. Eureka Springs has a Sodom and Gomorrah kind of reputation among conservative Christians in the area, and many of them boycott the town in general. 

You still have a chance, Josiah! 

Incidentally, even if Josiah isn't gay--and I am not sure if he is one way or the other--Eureka Springs has a really artsy reputation. The impression that I get from what y'all you have watched the show is he had a theater kid vibe about him before his spark was extinguished at ALERT. He probably would have liked the town's vibe, minus any LGBTQ reasons, for that alone. 

Thorncrown Chapel is the name of pretty chapel off the beaten path. It's where Ben and Jessa got engaged. It was too small for the wedding Jessa and Ben Michelle and JB wanted. I want to see Thorncrown; it's so pretty. 

Well Bella you got a few more days being the youngest than your cousin Addison.  Names with -ell in them have been popular for a while; I'm surprised it took the Duggars this long to use names like this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Thorncrown Chapel is the name of pretty chapel off the beaten path. It's where Ben and Jessa got engaged. It was too small for the wedding Jessa and Ben Michelle and JB wanted. I want to see Thorncrown; it's so pretty. 

Ah okay! That makes sense. They mentioned it as being special, and I misheard it as wedding. You're right--it is fairly small by Duggar wedding standards. I think the maximum is about 100. So, yeah, that was never going to happen as a wedding site.

And Thorncrown is super lovely! I have some friends who got married there, and their wedding pictures are absolutely stunning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Well Bella you got a few more days being the youngest than your cousin Addison.  Names with -ell in them have been popular for a while; I'm surprised it took the Duggars this long to use names like this. 

Actually, I think Grandma Mary wanted the wedding at Thorncrown. Like a normal wedding. Jessa and JB wanted the grand sized wedding. JB carried invitations for his daughters' weddings with him to hand out to random folks not on the guest list and Jessa's wedding registry was ridiculous.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

#FreeJosiah!

He was always the kid I felt never belonged in the family. He was always so caring and thoughtful and curious. I don't see that with any other Duggar.

Now I worry for Jackson from the last picture of him he is starting to channel Josiah when he was younger. I hope that he gets out before the Alert brainwashing is forced on him.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually, I think Grandma Mary wanted the wedding at Thorncrown. Like a normal wedding. Jessa and JB wanted the grand sized wedding. JB carried invitations for his daughters' weddings with him to hand out to random folks not on the guest list and Jessa's wedding registry was ridiculous.

I don't remember Grandma Mary saying anything about the wedding. As for Jessa's wedding, it was the same big fundie wedding most fundies seem to have. The wedding registry was similar to Jill's and probably restocked the TTH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Marigny said:

Bella looks like Josie's twin 

I respectfully disagree.  Josie was nowhere near that pretty.  Bella’s features look just like her mother’s, but she has her father’s coloring (hair, brows, etc.).  I thought Josie wasn’t a pretty baby at all.  I think Bella is a very pretty newborn.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't remember Grandma Mary saying anything about the wedding. As for Jessa's wedding, it was the same big fundie wedding most fundies seem to have. The wedding registry was similar to Jill's and probably restocked the TTH.

Grandma Mary did suggest it & Jessa shot her down right away as being too small.  It may have been in the engagement episode because both families, the Seewalds & the Duggs incl Mary were waiting outside the chapel to congratulate them.

That chapel is beautiful.  I'm sure one season is as pretty as the next there.   I would definitely change the number of guests  if needed, to be married there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 11/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

Si looks ecstatic about life. No sign of life behind those eyes. 

Josiah stopped having life in his eyes years ago, and he also started looking older than his age years ago. It was well before Lauren, so it's not fair to blame that on her (I know you didn't). 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

That chapel is beautiful.  I'm sure one season is as pretty as the next there.   I would definitely change the number of guests  if needed, to be married there.  

Responding in Small Talk. 🙂 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Free Josiah!

Abandoning his child? I can't advocate that. If he really is gay, he should have spouted some nonsense about being called to the single life like the Apostle Paul. I've never been convinced he's gay -- I think he definitely could have been a theater kid, but there are straight theater guys. He just reminds me of Josh through and through, and Josh is most definitely not gay. Both of them strike me as smug and disingenuous.

• Love 12
On 11/26/2019 at 11:11 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

There is the "I'm going out for a pack of cigarettes" loophole. 

Hard to do that without abandoning your children, though. 

There's been a longtime perception that he was among the more sensitive Duggars, so if that's true at all he might have a lot of trouble doing that........So he'd have to do it the other way -- confront the problems and get an actual normal-people divorce, possibly while telling all these people some truth they won't want to hear and then having to fight like hell for access to his children. 

He's in an ugly trap. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

He's in an ugly trap. 

I think you meant to say ‘god honoring marriage, with gender roles as god planned, and lots of happiness’.

But yeah, if he’s retained any spark at all he’ll eventually blow up at Drama Llama and tell her to STFU and get over herself. It’d be a rough time, but might do them both good.

Theres always the landing a helicopter on your wife loophole, too.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I am now convinced I have complete baby blindness, because all I see is a pinkish blob with maybe a little Joe Pesci if I squint really hard.

It’s not just you. It’s hard for me to find a baby (especially a bald one) cute. I’m sure she’ll grow out of it but I don’t think there’s anything cute about Bella yet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why must that poor baby have to wear that stupid headband?  It looks like it would pinch and give her a headache.  If it is in the low 60's, she ought to have a hat on anyway.  Babies lose a lot of heat through their heads, especially bald babies like Bella.  I hope Lauren uses the pink blanket to cover her head.

• Love 22

Wrapping babies takes thoughtful care. So many ways to do it wrong. And there is little Bella with the wrap tightly around her little neck. Babies are hard to break, but disrupting their airways can happen easily.

• Love 4

Are they claiming it's in the low 60s today? Bullshit! LOL It's in the 30s and there's a lot of gusty wind. It's not pleasant to walk in at all. I literally just got back from a walk! 

Also Dickson Street is sort of Fayetteville's equivalent of Bourbon Street as it were because it is loaded with bars. (And also a phenomenal bookstore.) There's also an adult novelty store there. LOLOL

I wonder where they were window shopping. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Was it in the 60s yesterday? They posted that pic some hours ago.

Yesterday is definitely possible. I don't know why they didn't clarify that in their post though. LOL 

• Love 1
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Well, he posted it last night. It didn't show up on my feed until this morning.

Ah okay. I retract my hissy fit. LOL

I still wonder where they went window shopping and if they frantically whispered Nike as they walked past some of the businesses on Dickson Street. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do tell about Dickson Street! 😀

Hehehehehe It's basically right next to the U of A, so all the college kids just walk over there and get blinding drunk on the weekends and, well, weeknights too if truth be told. There's some okay restaurants and coffeeshops there, too, but I can't really think of anyplace to window shop. It's mainly just noted for its bars. 

That's why I am a bit stumped on what they walked past. It'a also--like most of Fayetteville--pretty hilly, so at some point they were walking up/down an incline. 

Like I said there's the adult novelty store, which I didn't go in but a friend did and told me all about it. It's called Condom Sense. 😂😂😂😂😂

And there is truly an awesome bookstore right there. Called Dickson Street Bookstore. I love that place! 

But at the U of A, mentioning Dickson Street is basically code for partying. (Edited to add: The close proximity and the frequency students participate in the atmosphere on Dickson Street is also why the U of A has a reputation in the state as a party school.) So, I couldn't help but cackle a little when Josiah just threw it out there casually as where they were walking. 

Oh it's also where the Pride march is every year. . . . 

Incidentally, in the past couple of years, some fights and shootings have broken out in some of the bars on Dickson Street. That sort of shocked me because I don't really remember it having a violent vibe when I was living down there. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8