Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, emma675 said:

They really are following the alphabet. Huh.

So, Lauren hopes to have 19 more pregnancies?  Gonna be tough when they get to X.  I cannot think of a girls' name starting with X and the only boys' name is Xavier which is probably a little too Catholic for their tastes.

As for E:  Edward, Ethan, Eugene (my dad's name, don't mock), Ellis, Elijah, Elliot, Emmett.  Plenty of better options than Ezra, IMO

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe @Zella will end up with a Duggar namesake.

Other tough ones Quinn and Quentin, and I actually know more than one Xiomara. Yasmin and Yael. Zella and Zachary.

I totally forgot that Lauren's middle name is Milagro which makes the hispanic Xiomara not such a reach for them.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Heathen said:

N might be a challenge, if the Kellers use up all the N names first.

Ezra isn't bad. It's popular right now -- I know of another Ezra who's about four. 

I don't think N will be a problem. 🙃😁

Evie, Evy Jo and Ivy. Bella and Maryella.

Mack, Mike and Marc.

John, Jana, Johannah and Joy Anna. Josh, Josiah, Joseph and Josie.

• Like 3

My BFF named her last kid Ezra like 6-7 years ago (I can't remember how old he is now - she has a lot of kids). Lots of "there's nothing Better Than Ezra" jokes on her socials - though I doubt Josiah and Lauren are doing that. Lots of old-timey names are coming back into vogue, so I didn't bump on that.

The alphabetical theme is kinda hilarious though.

• Like 7

After growing up with uncles Wilhelm Edvard Ferdinand, George Richard Emil, Arthur Julius Gerhart, and  aunts Margaret Wilhelmia Louisa, Freda Caroline Ottilia, and a mother Ruth Magdalena Amanda, to name but a few, names are just names to me.  Name your kid whatever you want, I probably have someone in my family with a stranger name.  (With the exception of a baby I cared for in the NICU whose mother named her Meconium because she thought it sounded so pretty.)

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9

I find names so fun and interesting. The differing opinions and the cycle of names is forever changing. I do like the name Ezra. I like it a lot more than Henry, George or Fred.

Some names I dislike just because, some because of who they remind me of and some because I find them on the silly side, like Neveah, which I'm guessing will be Nuri's next child's name. But yea, Heistheway is a definite winner of ridiculousness.

• Like 11
6 hours ago, awaken said:

I dislike the juxtaposition of Daisy and Duggar. Sounds too cutesy and rhymey to me. 

Maybe this Daisy will start a new trend. Fringed shin length jeans called Daisy Duggs. Jeans so risqué they sometimes show a peek of the knee. 😁👖😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2024 at 6:51 AM, Notabug said:

So, Lauren hopes to have 19 more pregnancies?  Gonna be tough when they get to X.  I cannot think of a girls' name starting with X and the only boys' name is Xavier which is probably a little too Catholic for their tastes.

As for E:  Edward, Ethan, Eugene (my dad's name, don't mock), Ellis, Elijah, Elliot, Emmett.  Plenty of better options than Ezra, IMO

Xotchitl (sochi)

• Like 4

I like Ezra.  I have a vague memory that they said she would name the girls and Josiah would name the boys.  If he did name him, he picked a fairly normal Biblical name rather than something really out there.  Hopefully if they get to H they won't repeat Heistheway.  That may be the only name worse than Spurgeon.  

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I like Ezra.  I have a vague memory that they said she would name the girls and Josiah would name the boys.  If he did name him, he picked a fairly normal Biblical name rather than something really out there.  Hopefully if they get to H they won't repeat Heistheway.  That may be the only name worse than Spurgeon.  

Ezra is easy to spell and pronounce. When I see the act of cruelty that is "Heistheway," my mind goes He is the way? Heist he way? Heis (pronounced the German way) the way? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Another fundie family that isn't connected to the Duggars. I've forgotten their last name at the moment. Most of their other kids have reasonably normal names. 

eta The Whites? Something coming like that. The parents are Tim and Franacia. She's Filipino, IIRC. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 3