Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, louannems said:

The baby Lauren carried on the hay ride was pretty small. Definitely born earlier this year. 

It's entirely possible that SiRen had no clue about DD. I don't recall seeing Josiah at the trial. And even Anna apparently left the room when the evidence was shown. 

• Useful 3

I've always loved the names Daisy, Violet, and Rose.  If I had ever had daughters, I'm sure I would have used at least one of those names for either a first or middle name, though probably a middle name in case she ended up being a doctor or lawyer.  (Dr. Eleanor D. Smith sounds better than Dr. Daisy E. Smith.)  Of course, Duggars don't have to worry about things like that when your daughter's fate is to be a brood mare.

I must say Lauren and Josiah have done a fantastic job of keeping off of social media themselves.  But with a family that big, it's inevitable that the information would get out on someone else's video.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've always loved the names Daisy, Violet, and Rose.  If I had ever had daughters

And Hyacinth?  I cant resist a Keeping Up Appearances reference.  I'm sure her Daisy isn't named after Daisy Buchanan of The Great Gatsby.

I really like the name Rose.  It was my mother's middle name.

• Like 12
39 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

And Hyacinth?  I cant resist a Keeping Up Appearances reference.  I'm sure her Daisy isn't named after Daisy Buchanan of The Great Gatsby.

I really like the name Rose.  It was my mother's middle name.

We loved that show too. I think flower names are popular in general now so them naming her Daisy doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.  Two family members of mine gave their children such unusual names.  Not just the spelling. The names. Think -  this is my child "paste". Not that name but odd. So while I hate the Duggar belief system and behaviors I don't mind that name. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

We loved that show too. I think flower names are popular in general now so them naming her Daisy doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.  Two family members of mine gave their children such unusual names.  Not just the spelling. The names. Think -  this is my child "paste". Not that name but odd. So while I hate the Duggar belief system and behaviors I don't mind that name. 

Daisy is pretty. But it’s seems to fit a girl more than a woman. 

I do like Rose (which fits a woman rather than a girl)- Violet and Lily are my favorite flower names. 

I don’t know how Daisy is connected to Josh’s trial (and I don’t need to know the details), but I don’t think that whatever it was should’ve stopped Josiah and Lauren from using the name. Josh has ruined enough IMO.

12 hours ago, awaken said:

Of all name choices…Daisy. Like Anna using Madysyn. 

IMO that was Anna just being in denial. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've always loved the names Daisy, Violet, and Rose.  If I had ever had daughters, I'm sure I would have used at least one of those names for either a first or middle name, though probably a middle name in case she ended up being a doctor or lawyer.  (Dr. Eleanor D. Smith sounds better than Dr. Daisy E. Smith.)  Of course, Duggars don't have to worry about things like that when your daughter's fate is to be a brood mare.

I must say Lauren and Josiah have done a fantastic job of keeping off of social media themselves.  But with a family that big, it's inevitable that the information would get out on someone else's video.  

I wanted to add, that I do understand their desire for privacy. They just want to live their lives, and I can’t blame them. It doesn’t mean they are “hiding” or anything. Several of the Brown children (from Sister Wives) locked down their social media years ago, and just pop up in more public sibling’s posts occasionally. 

• Like 14
54 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Every time I hear the name Daisy, I think of a commercial (perfume maybe) where a bunch of models say the name Daisy over and over again. 

I think of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone.  "You're a Daisy if you do,"  "You're no Daisy," etc.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone.  "You're a Daisy if you do,"  "You're no Daisy," etc.

For me, it's a cross between this and Keeping Up Appearances! 

Daisy isn't my favorite name personally, but I feel like as far Duggar kid names go, it's not bad. 

• Like 7

Where did people see this? I've enlarged the picture as big as I could get it, and could barely make out any writing at all, much less specifically names. Maybe I couldn't get it big enough.

I love the name Daisy.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, beckie said:

Where did people see this?  I've enlarged the picture as big as I could get it, and could barely make out any writing at all, much less specifically names. Maybe I couldn't get it big enough.

The Reddit post is here. If you click on the image, you can enlarge it and it's pretty clear.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, beckie said:

Where did people see this? I've enlarged the picture as big as I could get it, and could barely make out any writing at all, much less specifically names. Maybe I couldn't get it big enough.

I love the name Daisy.

It took me a while to realize it's on the piece of tape on the back of the pew, not on a present. 

daisy.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4

Wait wait wait. 

Josiah named his kid DAISY? After his brother is convicted of accessing one of the most infamous child abuse videos ever with that name in the title? I feel like throwing up. 

Secondly, Anna named a kid Madyson?? After her husband (same scum as previous item) cheated on her via Ashley Maddison?? WTF!

I only follow the duggar news on and off so I had not absorbed the kids names until catching up on this thread. 

Good lord. Appalling. Clueless. Unfathomable. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wasn't assigning any blame/responsibility for Josh's actions to the others. 

I was expressing incredulance at how the other adults in the family could be so clueless that the associations with those names make them awkward names at best. 

• Like 14

IIRC, Josiah didn't attend the trial. I really doubt that it was discussed amongst the family, other than in vague forms of support for the FF. I think it's entirely possible that they didn't know about DD when they named their baby. And tbh, would you want to be the family member who enlightens them? It's best that they're off SM so they wouldn't have been informed by total strangers. 

• Like 16

Naming babies can be hard sometimes especially when knowing of others who had the name first - old girlfriends/boyfriends, a jerk from school or the neighborhood, a crazy relative, a cheating website, etc.

I agree with @Salacious Kitty, J&L likely don't know about the name. I'm sure if they did they wouldn't have chosen it. I hope they never find out.

I think its unfortunate J&A named their last child Madyson too. Even as a Fundy female, she will one day be an adult with access to the internet. IMO there is no way she won't find out about Ashley Madison. What a confusing moment that will be for her.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8

I didn't immediately connect the name Daisy to Josh's crime, despite knowing the significance, so them using that name seems less egregious to me than Josh's daughter being named Madyson or if Josh and Anna had used the name Daisy. 

• Like 17

I remembered the name immediately because during the trial I thought how sweet the name was, and…anyway. I don’t wanna go on about this. It makes me ill, but that name is now associated with that tape now. 
Sweet name sullied, in my mind.

Clearly, Josiah and Lauren didn’t hear about that at the trial. 

• Like 10
On 1/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, Zella said:

I didn't immediately connect the name Daisy to Josh's crime, despite knowing the significance

I didn't at first either, until I heard the name spoken out loud in a video. I wonder with this, and also baby Madyson, if it was almost meant as a reminder or way to rub salt into the wound every time FF refers to this person, rather than a way to glorify or commemorate his actions..

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, LolaGeek said:

I didn't at first either, until I heard the name spoken out loud in a video. I wonder with this, and also baby Madyson, if it was almost meant as a reminder or way to rub salt into the wound every time FF refers to this person, rather than a way to glorify or commemorate his actions..

I'd argue that either one is really unfair to the kid saddled with the name. They should be able to enjoy their name without feeling like a walking morality object lesson.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd argue that either one is really unfair to the kid saddled with the name. They should be able to enjoy their name without feeling like a walking morality object lesson.

I don't think any Duggar, except Smuggar, is that low. 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think any Duggar, except Smuggar, is that low. 

I honestly don't think would do it either. That train of thought is way more convoluted than they are. They're not complicated people really. 

• Like 6

I have always thought that Josh named Madyson  as a weird joke.  Also as a way to put Anna down and to be a constant reminder to her that he can do whatever he wants (I guess that joke is on him).  After all, he is her umbrella, and she must be obedient.  There are plenty of nice "M" names they could have used.

• Sad 7
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have always thought that Josh named Madyson  as a weird joke.  Also as a way to put Anna down and to be a constant reminder to her that he can do whatever he wants (I guess that joke is on him).  After all, he is her umbrella, and she must be obedient.  There are plenty of nice "M" names they could have used.

For all we know, Madison/Madyson was on the list of M names all along. Honestly, it could be a lot worse (here's looking at you, Mar Yella). 

• Like 7

I always thought if anything was meant by it that Madyson was Anna's doing.  Let's face it, the felon was on the verge of his trial when she was born so I'll bet Anna was somewhat pissed that this happened.  Also, Anna has drunk the conspiracy koolaid copiously.  She was one of the first to get on Parler when it was a thing.  I could see her picking the name because she thought she was owning the libs or something.

As for Josiah and Lauren, they were nowhere near the trial, so probably don't have a clue about the significance of the name Daisy.  I hope they never find out either, because the name is nice and Josiah shouldn't have to be dragged into his brother's crimes.

• Like 12
8 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I always thought if anything was meant by it that Madyson was Anna's doing. 

Yeah I don't believe for a minute that Josh chooses the names or gives a shit about them. It seems like the Duggar daughter-in-laws, which include both Lauren and Anna, are way more invested in any naming theme than any of the Duggar children, daughters and sons alike. 

• Like 7

From what was written on the piece of masking tape on the church pew, there were two children mentioned: Bella and Daisy.  Given that people believe she was going with an alphabet theme, the assumption is that she miscarried a child with a C name.  No one knows for sure and good for them, they are staying private.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

All the clothing items are labeled "baby girls." Some are pink

Nope.   Lots of things are labeled "boy girl" and nothing is pink.  The only gender specific items are the Baby Girl Long Sleeve... which is blue, and a "Baby Boys .. Romper, Blue"

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I'm suspicious about whether that is a real registry. It's odd to register for a 3rd child, even if the gender is different. Also, Siren have been out of the public eye and seem to want to stay that way. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm suspicious about whether that is a real registry. It's odd to register for a 3rd child, even if the gender is different. Also, Siren have been out of the public eye and seem to want to stay that way. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe she is having a sprinkle.

• LOL 1